SE Midfield Options seems to be getting HOTTER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
SE Midfield Options seems to be getting HOTTER

Post by chief nfachairman »

Nigeria's option in the midfield seems to be getting hotter and i see 80% of these guys doing alot better next season.

1. Ndidi - CM: BAddo
2. Mikel Agu - DM/CM: Was totaly hot this season and top 3 players in his Portuguese Div 1 team. I expect a higher move for him next season.
3. Uche Agbo - DM: One of the only few bright spots in Granada this season. He would move on to a better team or watford next season.
4. Esiti - DM: Turned out to be a beast in one of the Top 4 teams in Belgium. I expect him to be the most talked about DM in BElgium by next season.
5. Etebo - CM/ AM/LM/RM: Mr utility has been regular face in Portuguese top flight football. SHould command the team by next season or even move to a bigger team.
6. Onazi - CM/DM: 2 MOTM awards, one less than the highest awardee, okay yokuslu. Played in Lazio and we should expect him in a better team/ league next season.
7. Iwobi - AM: was an arsenal regular and main player for useless Arsenal this season untill his form dipped. Kid would take that number 10 spot next season and own.
8. Ajagun - CM: Super regular at Roda. Jury still out on him
9. MIkel - CM/AM/DM: Baba o
10. John Ogu - CM: One of the best players in the low rated Isreali league. But again, He did well in Europa and that experience no be maimai
11. Shehu Abdullai - DM/CM, RB: Good player that has gotten consistent call up under Rohr. Could this be a federal character callup, or is his versatility a major win for him? Whatever it is, he needs to get out next season from the UNRATED Cyprus league else i dont see him making it as a ball boy in the team by December. HE makes this list only becuase he has consistently made ROhr's list.

We would have 1 or 2 unknown midfielders that would spring a surprise next season ala Onyekuru. it only gets better.
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Sat May 20, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Midfield Options seems to be getting HOTTER

Post by bushboy »

To be honest, I rate Ifeanyi Matthew and Obinna Nwobodo higher than a couple of names on your list.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

with Mikel in that squad the quality of our midfield goes up 750 folds x 77
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bushboy wrote:To be honest, I rate Ifeanyi Matthew and Obinna Nwobodo higher than a couple of names on your list.
focus of fasting and praying , instead on being a jinx..poor mathew and Nwobodo... dem don do you for yonder
SuperEagles

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote:with Mikel in that squad the quality of our midfield goes up 750 folds x 77
BP, Mikel should retire from the SE just like he retired from real football and went to China. He needs to let younger and better players play for Nigeria. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

chief nfachairman wrote:Nigeria's option in the midfield seems to be getting hotter and i see 80% of these guys doing alot better next season.

2. Mikel Agu - DM/CM: Was totaly hot this season and top 3 players in his Portuguese Div 1 team. I expect a higher move for him next season.
3. Uche Agbo - DM: One of the only few bright spots in Granada this season. He would move on to a better team or watford next season.
4. Esiti - DM: Turned out to be a beast in one of the Top 4 teams in Belgium. I expect him to be the most talked about DM in BElgium by next season.
5. Etebo - CM/ AM/LM/RM: Mr utility has been regular face in Portuguese top flight football. SHould command the team by next season or even move to a bigger team.
6. Onazi - CM/DM: 2 MOTM awards, one less than the highest awardee, okay yokuslu. Played in Lazio and we should expect him in a better team/ league next season.
7. Iwobi - AM: was an arsenal regular and main player for useless Arsenal this season untill his form dipped. Kid would take that number 10 spot next season and own.

We would have 1 or 2 unknown midfielders that would spring a surprise next season ala Onyekuru. it only gets better.
I have watched Uche Agbo - I don't see him moving on a "better team", I wish him the best but based on what I've seen, I don't rate him highly. Very poor positioning and mistake prone. Esiti is only slighly better than Agbo. I will excuse the two from your list and start the conversation with the 8 remaining.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:with Mikel in that squad the quality of our midfield goes up 750 folds x 77
BP, Mikel should retire from the SE just like he retired from real football and went to China. He needs to let younger and better players play for Nigeria. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
after the AFcon in Cameroon, he can retire
SuperEagles

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Undertaker, Mikel has a big role to play and all the players around him know that, even Rohr self.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

We can also throw both Nwakali brothers and Sone Aluko in the mix.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

chief nfachairman wrote:Nigeria's option in the midfield seems to be getting hotter and i see 80% of these guys doing alot better next season.

Interestingly how many of them have peaked and who are those with potential upside? ... Adding Victor & Simon Moses to the mix and our outfield and bench are looking pretty strong
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Add Joel Obi, Shehu Abdullahi and John Ogu to the mix
I am happy
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Wouldn't consider Joel Obi a viable alternative for the SE anymore because of his frequent injury issues. It's so sad that injuries have robbed him of his potential. Shehu and Ogu on the other hand are still relevant.
Dammy wrote:

bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Honestly all the SE departments are getting hotter apart from goal keeping section. I have never seen so many potential super stars emerging this same time. It is a great feeling that our soccer is on verge of being one of the best if well managed and no screw up by NFF.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Joel Obi seems to be getting over the injury issues, and if he is able to get more consistent appearances he should be worth considering; one of the few natural lefties. I would add Azubuike Okechukwu, Raheem Lawal and potentially Kelechi Nwakali (depending on how he develops next season)
olu wrote:Wouldn't consider Joel Obi a viable alternative for the SE anymore because of his frequent injury issues. It's so sad that injuries have robbed him of his potential. Shehu and Ogu on the other hand are still relevant.
Dammy wrote:

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

bushboy wrote:To be honest, I rate Ifeanyi Matthew and Obinna Nwobodo higher than a couple of names on your list.
I wouldnt add them to that list yet. Not becuase they are not good, but becuase they havent been invited to the SE, arent lighting up the leagues, their leagues are still mushroom, ifeanyi is in his first season etc.

I would suggest we put them on a watch list. They probably should get into the U23 first.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

olu wrote:We can also throw both Nwakali brothers and Sone Aluko in the mix.
These are the best Nigerian players. Nwakali brothers and Sone have to prove themselves by moving up a league or Divison higher and staying regular. Then they can be considered.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Mr Shows wrote:

Interestingly how many of them have peaked and who are those with potential upside? ... Adding Victor & Simon Moses to the mix and our outfield and bench are looking pretty strong
Ill consider these 2 more in the attack than midfield.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Dammy wrote:

How can i forget JOhn Ogu. Shehu Abdullai needs to get out of the poor Cyprus league. BUt i would add him to the list based on the fact that he has been a consistent call up to the team under Rohr but if he doesnt make a bold move by next season, I fear he would not be part of Rohr's team by December.

Joel needs to be regualr and needs to show he is the top 3 in this team by december. Till now, we should observe him.