IS VIC MOSES NOW WORLD CLASS?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IS VIC MOSES NOW WORLD CLASS?

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
cic old boy wrote:“World class” is in the eyes of the beholder. For me it means, you should be able to walk into the top teams, deliver consistently at a high level and stand out in your position. I don’t think the EPL is a good yardstick for measuring “world class” b/c the technical quality of the football is not that high. Vic Mo has put in what could be “world class” performances this season. He is among the best right-sided players in Europe this season. Let’s see if he can continue that progress next season, esp in the CL. I think on current form he could easily play for Real or Barca. He is better than Dani Carvajal and Sergi Roberto and the closest thing in terms of right flank dominance to a young Dani Alves.
:agree: :agree: :thumb:

What are you "agreeing" about? Dani Carvajal, as talented as he may be, plays for Real Madrid by a long yard because he is a madridista from castilla. Sergi Roberto is NOT a right back and is used there because Barca's coach went and wasted money on a right back he doesnt now want to use. Both Carvajal and Roberto are absolutely not close to being world class and are not the yard for measuring world class players. If Moses is not better than both players, comfortably, then Nigeria has a problem.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

balo wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
walesvilla wrote:Can be lazy And lack the inner strength to be termed world class yet

Not to talk of brain and consistency!

Look at Harry Kane for example. The kid is absolutely NOT the most talented in is club, talkless of in the league. When it comes to talent, he is not up there at all. However, his consistency makes him a world class striker.
Stop right there.

The same Kane that flopped in the European u-21 and European championship?

Harry Kane has developed to a great striker. He does his job well at Spurs. He shoots the ball as early as possible and the results are there to see. No easy beans to crack 20 four years straight despite injuries and the league difficulty.
I was interested in watching Kane at the Euros because I had heard a lot of noise about him, but since I don't watch Spurs, I had never seen him. As of that tournament, he was certainly NOT world class. The last Spurs savior, Bale, is World Class. But Kane??? Fa Fa Fa Fowl
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

cic old boy wrote:“World class” is in the eyes of the beholder. For me it means, you should be able to walk into the top teams, deliver consistently at a high level and stand out in your position. I don’t think the EPL is a good yardstick for measuring “world class” b/c the technical quality of the football is not that high. Vic Mo has put in what could be “world class” performances this season. He is among the best right-sided players in Europe this season. Let’s see if he can continue that progress next season, esp in the CL. I think on current form he could easily play for Real or Barca. He is better than Dani Carvajal and Sergi Roberto and the closest thing in terms of right flank dominance to a young Dani Alves.
Would you consider Fabregas World Class?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Always good to have a coach that believes in a player. Conte believes in Moses and I hope he keeps that belief in the next few years. Moses will do great things at Chelsea.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

What are you "agreeing" about? Dani Carvajal, as talented as he may be, plays for Real Madrid by a long yard because he is a madridista from castilla. Sergi Roberto is NOT a right back and is used there because Barca's coach went and wasted money on a right back he doesnt now want to use. Both Carvajal and Roberto are absolutely not close to being world class and are not the yard for measuring world class players. If Moses is not better than both players, comfortably, then Nigeria has a problem.
Moses is better than both players, the reason why is because Moses is a Winger built with pace, skills and finesse. When he goes on those runs , it's very difficult to stop him , this season , he added defensive traits to his game, and his lungs are something else( the advantage was seen vs Algeria) I think next season he should work on his final ball delivery( which are ok for now, but can be a lot better)Name 5 RWBs better than Moses this season, in fact I am going to list some clubs and i want you to search hard and list them

Juventus, Roma, Napoli, PSG, Monaco, ManCity,Arsenal Spurs, United, Real.Barca and A madrid..Bayern, Dortmund, . Danfo hurry up
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
balo wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
walesvilla wrote:Can be lazy And lack the inner strength to be termed world class yet

Look at Harry Kane for example. The kid is absolutely NOT the most talented in is club, talkless of in the league. When it comes to talent, he is not up there at all. However, his consistency makes him a world class striker.
Stop right there.

Harry Kane has developed to a great striker. He does his job well at Spurs. He shoots the ball as early as possible and the results are there to see. No easy beans to crack 20 four years straight despite injuries and the league difficulty.
I was interested in watching Kane at the Euros because I had heard a lot of noise about him, but since I don't watch Spurs, I had never seen him. As of that tournament, he was certainly NOT world class. The last Spurs savior, Bale, is World Class. But Kane??? Fa Fa Fa Fowl

I have watched Messi for Argentina and he is NOT world class. fa fa fa fowl!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Moses is better than both players, the reason why is because Moses is a Winger built with pace, skills and finesse. When he goes on those runs , it's very difficult to stop him , this season , he added defensive traits to his game, and his lungs are something else( the advantage was seen vs Algeria) I think next season he should work on his final ball delivery( which are ok for now, but can be a lot better)Name 5 RWBs better than Moses this season, in fact I am going to list some clubs and i want you to search hard and list them

Juventus, Roma, Napoli, PSG, Monaco, ManCity,Arsenal Spurs, United, Real.Barca and A madrid..Bayern, Dortmund, . Danfo hurry up
Try and read first before responding. You and I are saying the same thing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

For one to ascertain if Moses is world class in the position he plays in the 3-5-2 position, why not identify the top wing backs in the business and now do an analysis.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

deanotito wrote:
Would you consider Fabregas World Class?
No.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

okidoki wrote:For one to ascertain if Moses is world class in the position he plays in the 3-5-2 position, why not identify the top wing backs in the business and now do an analysis.
You do realize that "world class" is not about comparison, but about individual performance. There does not have to be any world class right wing back!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
balo wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Stop right there.

What nonsense. You want to compare Messi's individual performance for ARG in the world cup with what Kane served up in the Euros? Even if we were to consider the performance of the teams and not the individual, still night and day.

Not blaming him for england's ouster or anything, but was my first opportunity to watch him up close. He ain't world class. He's a decent striker, but that's where I'd stop.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
balo wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Stop right there.

What nonsense. You want to compare Messi's individual performance for ARG in the world cup with what Kane served up in the Euros? Even if we were to consider the performance of the teams and not the individual, still night and day.

Not blaming him for england's ouster or anything, but was my first opportunity to watch him up close. He ain't world class. He's a decent striker, but that's where I'd stop.
The kind of nonsense that makes a grown man twerk. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Messi's performances of Argentina has been average! there is nothing you can do about that!

Harry Kane is world class! He has performed season in and season out! no question! There is nothing you can do about that!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Harry Kane, a world class striker! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Moses has been a revelation this season. The transformation has been amongst the many marvels of the season. From the mind forged manacles of his former pharaoh to parting opposing defences like the Red Sea. Arguably one of the season's most improved, World Class? Brethren, such tall is unnecessary and brings My Son to mind. Last season Bellerin was world class, wanted by Barca, this season he's in the same class as the stuttering Hausa gate man in a Nollywood classic. Is he still world class?

Moses has thrown the gauntlet down for himself with his performances and consistency this season, hopefully he continues his ascension and doesn't plateau or plummet like my son.