The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

SylverEagles wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
"“It shows that if you can make 75 points it’s a decent total because I won the Premier League (in 1998) with 78. We have created a momentum again. We had a difficult period and we recovered from it. I’m very positive because it looks like we’ve got stronger in every single game. Against us, the other teams fight and we have to dig deep every time to win the games. We’ve won six of our last seven games and we have created the momentum again after having a period where we were not stable away from home.”"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :laugh: :laugh:
It is really disappointing and quite frankly very disheartening to hear the manager of the club you support talk like this. No wonder this Arsenal team is perceived to have NO strong will to win at all cost and the one player that does (Sanchez) is considered a "cancer" to the team.

SMH
If Wenger leads the team to relegation, he'll still find a way to spin it as a positive.

Why does Silent Stan refuse to sell to this Usmanov guy so Arsenal can compete again?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39981841
Uzbek-born Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov has made a £1bn bid to wrest control of Arsenal from majority shareholder Stan Kroenke.

But with Kroenke showing no interest, the bid has in effect been rejected, though Usmanov is yet to receive written confirmation of that.
Gooner1

Post by Gooner1 »

Cito wrote:Why does Silent Stan refuse to sell to this Usmanov guy so Arsenal can compete again?
Uzbek-born Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov has made a £1bn bid to wrest control of Arsenal from majority shareholder Stan Kroenke.

But with Kroenke showing no interest, the bid has in effect been rejected, though Usmanov is yet to receive written confirmation of that.
............like I said before, Usmanov has only begun his moves behind the scenes
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke

Gooner1 wrote:
Cito wrote:Why does Silent Stan refuse to sell to this Usmanov guy so Arsenal can compete again?

............like I said before, Usmanov has only begun his moves behind the scenes
Seem he really got outmaneuvered to begin with.

Comments like these make you realize the mentality of people on CE. You want someone to sell his valuable shares --assets that are raking in millions. You want him to sell it so that it can bring smiles to the faces of people he doesnt know or give a damn about? Dude! do you have shares? Do you have real property? Do you have investment assets? How do you and your financial advisor run your assets? :lol: :lol:

Einstein, I hope you have solved the mystery of life. You in all your mighty intelligence can not tell the difference between a comment made as fact or one's stand and one that is wishful in nature.

The last part should have been clue enough. Sometimes in a haste to sound smart, you actually come across as not so smart. :D

.....I still like your revelations and quips on Waffiman, Arsenal, Spurs and Wenger. So no shoot abeg.... :mrgreen:
bk-one

Post by bk-one »

Silent Stan aint done with Arsenal yet. There is still more money to be made out of Arsenal. He just took a loan to build a stadium and I am perfectly sure that he used arsenal as contingency

Nkume wrote:
Nkume wrote:Wenger is the GOAT!!!

he-goat, nanny-goat or Bamenda goat?
No he is Nwamkpi (aka African dwarf goat) ...

Gerrarrahia men. You don know nathing.

GOAT. Greatest of ALL time. :taunt:
The way some of you reason sef. Greatest of all time? What exactly qualifies him as that?

He's not even the greatest of his era.
I am an Arsenal fan, and as far as Arsenal is concerned, Papa Wenger is the GOAT !!! :taunt:
So he's the GOAT because you're an Arsenal fan and not necessarily based on actual metrics?

Ok got it.
No, its because I don't give a rats ikebe about other clubs.

Arsenal for life. All miserable Wenger out zombies can go support Chelski!
Word! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Gooner1 wrote:

Unless you are desperate, you will not make the sort of move Usmanov has just made. He must have a hint Kroenke is ready to sell. People like him have the know how and knowledge.

On the other hand, Kroenke could well be running an auction for his shares. Whatever it is, as things stand right now, Usmanov's offer represents a 33% profit for Kroenke.

Another issue is, unless Usmanov is offering more than the club is worth (which he is not), why would Kroenke sell? It will be at least worth the same or more in future.

Forbes currently value Arsenal at $2bn. If Kroenke wants to sell, Usmanov still has work to do and he must watch out for the Arabs.

My FT states very clearly that other bidders were circling.

This suggests Kroenke might want to sell for whatever reason known to him only

Gooner1 wrote:

Unless you are desperate, you will not make the sort of move Usmanov has just made. He must have a hint Kroenke is ready to sell. People like him have the know how and knowledge.

On the other hand, Kroenke could well be running an auction for his shares. Whatever it is, as things stand right now, Usmanov's offer represents a 33% profit for Kroenke.

Another issue is, unless Usmanov is offering more than the club is worth (which he is not), why would Kroenke sell? It will be at least worth the same or more in future.

Forbes currently value Arsenal at $2bn. If Kroenke wants to sell, Usmanov still has work to do and he must watch out for the Arabs.

But He is offering 1B for Kronke's shares not the club ? Abi I misunderstand the news ?

Gooner1

Post by Gooner1 »

Gooner1 wrote:

......I would rather see Kroenke first before wenger tbh......
the next year is going to be very very interesting.......
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

But He is offering 1B for Kronke's shares not the club ? Abi I misunderstand the news ?
Which is effectively the club.

Arsenal also has a few shares (about 11%) with shareholders from the days of the North Bank bond scheme when it cost £250 per share. We own 1 or 2 shares and have resolved never to sell to anyone. They have own Association and are on very good terms with the Board, unlike Usmanov.

These shareholders have been approached many times by Usmanov especially and he has always been rebuffed.

Gooner1 wrote:

Do not get carried away with all of this. No one really knows what Usmanov's intentions are and why he is using the tactics he has employed. But this is business, and Kroenke is an investor, so you have to look at business angle first.

Like I stated above, we do not know what has happened behind the scenes. Are Kroenke's people seeking a suitor to buy his shares? If they are, and the FT (source where this first broke) does not give us any clear indication they are, then it is game on. The FT does say there are other interested parties hovering looking to buy the shares. So Usmanov is not the only players in this game. I will add, if Kroenke wants to sell and there is another suitor as determined as Usmanov, Kroenke will never sell to Usmaniv. The fact is they do not like each other and if Kroenke has an alternative, the chances are he will go with the alternative.

Arsenal at £2bn is undervalued IMHO, I will be looking for at least £3.5bn giving the potential for revenues as they continue to develop. Arsenal in England are only behind ManU, I actually think they are now bigger then Liverpool. Internationally, it is not even a contest, only ManU are bigger. Social media participation actually put Arsenal on par with Barca, Real Madrid and ManU. In the hands of a football man who also knows business, I must say this current Arsenal Board are too prudent, Traditional and conservative in their outlook. Usmanov and other suitors are no fools, they look at ManU revenue streams, like I do all the time and know, Arsenal are a serious potential cash-cow. They just cannot lose if they grow the business more aggressively and wisely. Kroenke too knows he is seating on a cash-cow and if he wants to sell, it will be at a premium.

But we also know timing is everything. Right now is the right time to make a bid for Arsenal. Arsenal's competitors have upped their spending levels and Arsenal are once again lagging way behind. This is obvious with the contractual impasse with Ozil, Sanchez and even Oxlade. Arsenal biggest problem is Pep. Rumours are, since he arrived in England he has approached 4 Arsenal players. He fialed with Bellerin, but the rumours are saying City will sign Ozil and Sanchez because they have blown all competition out of the water. City have also made an offer to Oxlade. Now if these rumours are true, Usmanov will be well aware of these issues. He will know about negotiations from the player's Agents. Maybe he knows Arsenal's offers are way below what their rivals are willing to offer and he is in a situation where he has been snubbed and given the cold shoulder by the Board. If I am Usmanov, there is no better time to make my move.

Usmanov according to reports, he is willing to go as high as £2bn for those shares and he will of course make it public, just like he has made his first offer public. To me, if there is an amicable takeover, the public only gets to know when the deal is almost complete. This looks like a hostile move by Usmanov, if it is, then we are in for a PR battle for the hearts and minds of Arsenal supporters. Why do you think Usmanov's people are making this public? He is obviously ramping up the pressure on the Arsenal Board and Kroenke. He is looking to get the Arsenal fans onside and he more than most knows Kroenke is very unpopular with the fans, and if he is seen to want to effect change, he will need support from sections of the fans base. It must be said, there is a very large section of Arsenal support that do not want him. They do not want their club to be like Chelski or City and will rather have things as the are. These supporters cannot be ignored and if this develops into a battle this summer, the Board will be relying on these supporters. All this will do is divide a very divided fan base.

Right now we are all speculating but one thing is clear, Usmanov is very much around and going nowhere. He has fired the first shots across the bows of Kroenke and the Arsenal Board. It is looking like this will be one long hot summer.

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

Arsenal also has a few shares (about 11%) with shareholders from the days of the North Bank bond scheme when it cost £250 per share. We own 1 or 2 shares and have resolved never to sell to anyone. They have own Association and are on very good terms with the Board, unlike Usmanov.

These shareholders have been approached many times by Usmanov especially and he has always been rebuffed.
Waffiman don come again. you certainly own more than "1 or 2". And Wenger has been making money for you guys.

I'm just curious how much Usnamov is willing to spend to buy ArsenalFanTV....Robbie and affiliates must be getting millions of view per game.
Could he also bid for Cybereagles's "The Arsenal Related News and Developments threads"? I mean ... we are getting some 600 pages per season ... every season.

Bepanda

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

Oh oh! He is also a shareholder. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

Waffiman don come again. you certainly own more than "1 or 2". And Wenger has been making money for you guys.
The guy don use mistake confess! All these while, we thought wafoolishman was just a "fan boy," who was in love with wenger! But as a true accountant, this is all business! Wafoolishman is no fool! It has always been about lining his own pockets! Make una dey there they cry every weekend, while wafoolishman dey count e money. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: Waffiman don come again. you certainly own more than "1 or 2". And Wenger has been making money for you guys.
The guy don use mistake confess! All these while, we thought wafoolishman was just a "fan boy," who was in love with wenger! But as a true accountant, this is all business! Wafoolishman is no fool! It has always been about lining his own pockets! Make una dey there they cry every weekend, while wafoolishman dey count e money. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ha...me I already knew this several years ago. Why do you think Waffiman is always talking about money, and why he supports AW?

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: Waffiman don come again. you certainly own more than "1 or 2". And Wenger has been making money for you guys.
Ha...me I already knew this several years ago. Why do you think Waffiman is always talking about money, and why he supports AW?
My respect for the man just went up 80% :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kaiii! Waffiman, migwuo! wa doooooo o! I greet you Sir! You are a man! All these little boys here who spend their last earned money to watch arsenal every weekend, and go back to their rented 1 bedroom flat and cry into their pillow! You! every weekend, you get season ticket. You stroll into stadium and cross leg. Arsenal win o! mhmm.. Arsenal draw o! mhmmm.. Arsenal lose o! mhmm.. at the end of the weekend, you log into your computer to check your shares, price don increase! At the end of the quarter, you log in to your bank, dividends done appear! You use ur tongue take lick your lips, put small smile at the end of your face, use hand raise your trouser above your belle.... It has been a good weekend!

Kaiii :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Its times like these you know the real men on cybereagles!

Einstein, I hope you have solved the mystery of life. You in all your mighty intelligence can not tell the difference between a comment made as fact or one's stand and one that is wishful in nature.

The last part should have been clue enough. Sometimes in a haste to sound smart, you actually come across as not so smart. :D

.....I still like your revelations and quips on Waffiman, Arsenal, Spurs and Wenger. So no shoot abeg.... :mrgreen:

Shey you go ask Waffiman make e sell e shares too? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gooner1

Post by Gooner1 »

Gooner1 wrote:

Do not get carried away with all of this. No one really knows what Usmanov's intentions are and why he is using the tactics he has employed. But this is business, and Kroenke is an investor, so you have to look at business angle first.

Like I stated above, we do not know what has happened behind the scenes. Are Kroenke's people seeking a suitor to buy his shares? If they are, and the FT (source where this first broke) does not give us any clear indication they are, then it is game on. The FT does say there are other interested parties hovering looking to buy the shares. So Usmanov is not the only players in this game. I will add, if Kroenke wants to sell and there is another suitor as determined as Usmanov, Kroenke will never sell to Usmaniv. The fact is they do not like each other and if Kroenke has an alternative, the chances are he will go with the alternative.

Arsenal at £2bn is undervalued IMHO, I will be looking for at least £3.5bn giving the potential for revenues as they continue to develop. Arsenal in England are only behind ManU, I actually think they are now bigger then Liverpool. Internationally, it is not even a contest, only ManU are bigger. Social media participation actually put Arsenal on par with Barca, Real Madrid and ManU. In the hands of a football man who also knows business, I must say this current Arsenal Board are too prudent, Traditional and conservative in their outlook. Usmanov and other suitors are no fools, they look at ManU revenue streams, like I do all the time and know, Arsenal are a serious potential cash-cow. They just cannot lose if they grow the business more aggressively and wisely. Kroenke too knows he is seating on a cash-cow and if he wants to sell, it will be at a premium.

But we also know timing is everything. Right now is the right time to make a bid for Arsenal. Arsenal's competitors have upped their spending levels and Arsenal are once again lagging way behind. This is obvious with the contractual impasse with Ozil, Sanchez and even Oxlade. Arsenal biggest problem is Pep. Rumours are, since he arrived in England he has approached 4 Arsenal players. He fialed with Bellerin, but the rumours are saying City will sign Ozil and Sanchez because they have blown all competition out of the water. City have also made an offer to Oxlade. Now if these rumours are true, Usmanov will be well aware of these issues. He will know about negotiations from the player's Agents. Maybe he knows Arsenal's offers are way below what their rivals are willing to offer and he is in a situation where he has been snubbed and given the cold shoulder by the Board. If I am Usmanov, there is no better time to make my move.

Usmanov according to reports, he is willing to go as high as £2bn for those shares and he will of course make it public, just like he has made his first offer public. To me, if there is an amicable takeover, the public only gets to know when the deal is almost complete. This looks like a hostile move by Usmanov, if it is, then we are in for a PR battle for the hearts and minds of Arsenal supporters. Why do you think Usmanov's people are making this public? He is obviously ramping up the pressure on the Arsenal Board and Kroenke. He is looking to get the Arsenal fans onside and he more than most knows Kroenke is very unpopular with the fans, and if he is seen to want to effect change, he will need support from sections of the fans base. It must be said, there is a very large section of Arsenal support that do not want him. They do not want their club to be like Chelski or City and will rather have things as the are. These supporters cannot be ignored and if this develops into a battle this summer, the Board will be relying on these supporters. All this will do is divide a very divided fan base.

Right now we are all speculating but one thing is clear, Usmanov is very much around and going nowhere. He has fired the first shots across the bows of Kroenke and the Arsenal Board. It is looking like this will be one long hot summer.
FT has just released this leak, but the bid was rejected a month ago......things will ramp up....trust

Gooner1 wrote:

FT has just released this leak, but the bid was rejected a month ago......things will ramp up....trust
Things will definitely ramp up.

But as things stand right now. Here is what I know from rumours from good sources.

Kroenke is not selling.

They say he will never sell to Usmanov. But I don't believe the never selling to Usmanov bit, he is a businessman. Albeit a mega rich one, but the bottomline is money for these guys.

Rumours are right now, he is not selling. I am not surprised, if I where in his position, I will not sell. Shares have the potential to be worth a lot, lot more.

Wenger and Arsenal are close to an agreement. There will be structural changes at Arsenal and Wenger agrees to the changes. Some say the changes are mainly his changes.

It will all be sorted at the Board meeting scheduled after the FA Cup. Before the meeting and when plans are inked on paper, things can still change.

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:

My bad. I don't have any share at Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: