Coach Rohr Reverses Decision: France Camp cut Short......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Coach Rohr Reverses Decision: France Camp cut Short......

Post by Enugu II »

If this reversal by Rohr is true then it should be praised as it gives the team more time to train together instead of having a camp in France with several stars missing. My kudos to the coach.
Eagles coach Rohr calls off Paris friendly, new list out after Corsica clash
By admin - May 17, 2017396 0
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/05/17/e ... ica-clash/

Gernot Rohr has called off a proposed friendly in Paris with officials also announcing a squad list for an AFCON qualifier against South Africa will be released after another friendly against Corsica on May 26.

“The coach called off the friendly in Paris so as to concentrate on the AFCON qualifier against South Africa,” disclosed spokesman of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Ademola Olajire.

“The team will therefore come back to Abuja immediately after the match against Corsica.”

Togo had announced a friendly on June 1 in Paris against the Eagles with speculations also rife that Burkina Faso could be possible opponents for a game in the French capital after both teams failed to play a friendly in London in March.

Officials said the squad list for a June 10 AFCON qualifier against South Africa in Uyo will be released after the Corsica game.

“Some of the players from the Corsica friendly will be part of the squad for the match against South Africa,” Olajire added.

The likes of Chelsea star Victor Moses, Ogenyi Onazi and a number of stars now based in China will be expected to make this fresh list.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Coach Rohr Reverses Decision: France Camp cut Short.....

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There is no excuse to not call up Henry Onyekuru.

NOne.

I dont want to hear about "He will get his chance"

There are no excuses. What a waste calling up homebased players when we cannot even call up Onyekuru.

Also Ahmed Musa on that list without Onyekuru is another joke.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

vancity eagle wrote:There is no excuse to not call up Henry Onyekuru.

NOne.

There are no excuses. What a waste calling up homebased players when we cannot even call up Onyekuru.

I have my doubts if he will . His recent invitations definitely baffles me . I don't trust his judgment in evaluating quality players. I'm only scarred he may be as intransigent as supercilious Kechi whose haughtiness contributed immensely to his downfall.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:There is no excuse to not call up Henry Onyekuru.

NOne.

I have my doubts if he will . His recent invitations definitely baffles me . I don't trust his judgment in evaluating quality players. I'm only scarred he may be as intransigent as supercilious Kechi whose haughtiness contributed immensely to his downfall.
You guys need to leave the coach alone and let him do his job. He might be right with his call-ups based on his game-plan(s). Relax guys, relax!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Odas wrote:You guys need to leave the coach alone and let him do his job. He might be right with his call-ups based on his game-plan(s). Relax guys, relax!
Exactly bros! Just like you let the other coaches before him. SMDH.... :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Onyekuru is in.. FC naija, Completesport
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

EII,
You may need to change the title of the thread.
The NFF twitter site is reporting the Togo game is on in Paris. So, two games will be played: Corsica and Togo before the team returns to Abuja.

Also, and as I had rightly predicted to you :winking: , Henry Onyekuru HAS been invited to camp (this is being reported in several media outlets). He is a replacement for Kayode who is unavoidably absent due to club commitments.

Can you please change your pic to hmm, let me see, yes, Festus Onigbinde? This should really piss off 1Naira :lol: :lol:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote:EII,
The NFF twitter site is reporting the Togo game is on in Paris. So, two games will be played: Corsica and Togo before the team returns to Abuja.

Also, and as I had rightly predicted to you :winking: , Henry Onyekuru HAS been invited to camp (this is being reported in several media outlets). He is a replacement for Kayode who is unavoidably absent due to club commitments.

Can you please change your pic to hmm, let me see, yes, Festus Onigbinde? This should really piss off 1Naira :lol: :lol:

I saw the tweet on the change to the Togo game

You were not correct in your prediction. :smile: What saved you is that you did not put money down on a proposed bet or I would be checking my bank account tomorrow for your money transfer. :rotf:

You predicted that he will be called up along with the second batch for the South Africa game, which I disputed since he was not on the list for the France camp. Instead, I suggested that the better call up is either for a friendly before Cameroon game or as a replacement for the France camp for an injured player.

Go back and look at the thread. Based on that debate you would find out that I was more correct in my thought process. The point is that the second batch of call was always going to be the players the coach had tested. Onyekuru did not fit that bill. He fit the bill of being called up for the France game where he could be evaluated before the major game. Here is the link to our debate.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=280077

Please change your avatar quick quick to Stephen Keshi.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Odas wrote:You guys need to leave the coach alone and let him do his job. He might be right with his call-ups based on his game-plan(s). Relax guys, relax!
What difference does it make if they love him or hate him only results matter and no one on CE can change that :taunt:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

ah ah, Prof. :laugh: :laugh:
When it is time to pay your debt, you come dey speak turenchi. :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, I think it worked out well for both parties - Rohr and Onyekuru. Hope he makes his mark with this opportunity.
Enugu II wrote:

You were not correct in your prediction. :smile: What saved you is that you did not put money down on a proposed bet or I would be checking my bank account tomorrow for your money transfer. :rotf:

You predicted that he will be called up along with the second batch for the South Africa game, which I disputed since he was not on the list for the France camp. Instead, I suggested that the better call up is either for a friendly before Cameroon game or as a replacement for the France camp for an injured player.

Go back and look at the thread. Based on that debate you would find out that I was more correct in my thought process. The point is that the second batch of call was always going to be the players the coach had tested. Onyekuru did not fit that bill. He fit the bill of being called up for the France game where he could be evaluated before the major game. Here is the link to our debate.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:What difference does it make if they love him or hate him only results matter and no one on CE can change that :taunt:
And what results are you referring to? Winning the ANC? Qualifying for the WC?
But not surprised about your obvious confusion - AshaWOWO being a debilitating disease. :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:What difference does it make if they love him or hate him only results matter and no one on CE can change that :taunt:
But not surprised about your obvious confusion - AshaWOWO being a debilitating disease. :roll:
Let him qualify first,Negative or positive what can anyone one CE do about the results you guys are too emotional (Nigerian men are more emotional than their women especially behind the computer)!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:
Yes, I did until it became certain things are not going well and I joined Vancity Eagle (VE) to call for the coach's head and even at that, it was ONLY for one coach. Tell me any other coach I was against, except one
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Gotti wrote:
What difference does it make if they love him or hate him only results matter and no one on CE can change that :taunt:
Good point. Thus, they can yell all they want, as long as the coach is getting result, people here can complain all they want and nothing will change :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:
Are those the ONLY results that count for you? Why not go for winning the World Cup (WC) if that is the case? The man just began his job assignment and so far has done well, yet some of you here are complaining about nothing. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote:ah ah, Prof. :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, I think it worked out well for both parties - Rohr and Onyekuru. Hope he makes his mark with this opportunity.
Enugu II wrote:

I agree. He deserves a call up and I am hoping that he plays in the game v Togo. Hopefully, it will be televised.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Odas wrote:Are those the ONLY results that count for you? Why not go for winning the World Cup (WC) if that is the case? The man just began his job assignment and so far has done well, yet some of you here are complaining about nothing.
Exactly bros! As we had been winning the WC regularly before the coach you whined and b*tched about... :roll:

BTW, the so-called "nothing" that we complained about was then put right. But stay Ashe-WOWOing. SMDH@
Last edited by Gotti on Sun May 21, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:ah ah, Prof. :laugh: :laugh:

Enugu II wrote:

I agree. He deserves a call up and I am hoping that he plays in the game v Togo. Hopefully, it will be televised.
I think that games been cancelled that's if it was ever officially agreed upon to start with!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I think that games been cancelled that's if it was ever officially agreed upon to start with!
On the contrary, both games have been (re-) confirmed...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:I think that games been cancelled that's if it was ever officially agreed upon to start with!
https://von.gov.ng/super-eagles-trainin ... cancelled/

https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Ni ... 34&pmnc=10

Nothing concerning Nigeria seems to be decisive,if you say it's on and all these media outlets say otherwise it seems as if communication is just poor!
Cancelling at short notice then putting the game back on again with even shorter notice is not a good idea,it would have made more sense just to play it at a later date and get on with a training camp in Nigeria before the South Africa game!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Gotti wrote:
Why did Nigeria in the first place agree to play those 2 matches. I thought it is indicated somewhere Nigeria will only play teams ranked higher in FIFA ranks. Thus playing these matches is contrary to above conditions and does not meet the criteria . Seriously the matches are of no benefit therefore should be discarded.