SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 1 v 7 SPURS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 1 v 7 SPURS

Post by pajimoh »

Conceding silly goals in the last 2 games cost Lloris the golden glove
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

pajimoh wrote:Conceding silly goals in the last 2 games cost Lloris the golden glove
Actually, Tebow did his best to give it away and only woke up over the last 4 or so games. That's how far ahead he was. Nice try though.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 0 v 3 SPURS

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:From a Spurs forum...
Just to think.......if we'd beaten West Ham we'd be second now.
:cry: :cry: :cry: We choked
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Last season we finished 3rd, 11 points behind the winner. This season we finished 2nd, 16 points more than last season and only 7 points behind the winner. The lads should not relent and continue to push. We have the best team in the league it just hasn't materialize into trophies yet. 2 or 3 quality signings with the vast majority of the team in place we should be able to get over the hump. Crucial to tie down are Kane, Dele, Alderweirld and Lloris. Next are Son, Eriksen, Wanyama, Dembele and Jan. The good thing is we have some really good players coming back from injury next season to fortify the team. Lamela, Rose and Winks are going to be like new signings.

I will like us to sign a recognized and proven striker this window. If RM can have Ronaldo and Benzema while Barca has Messi and Suarez there is no reason why MoPo won't be able to accommodate Kane and another striker. Next is a playmaker. Eriksen is good but we need someone who can takeover from him by creating and scoring more. If we are fortunate enough and have enough funds, find a backup goalie for Lloris. I don't know if it is age worrying Lloris but he appears to be dropping some clangers of recent which isn't typical of him. Vorm is getting to the end of his career while Lopez may not be ready for this level.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Its a Goal wrote:Last season we finished 3rd, 11 points behind the winner. This season we finished 2nd, 16 points more than last season and only 7 points behind the winner. The lads should not relent and continue to push. We have the best team in the league it just hasn't materialize into trophies yet. 2 or 3 quality signings with the vast majority of the team in place we should be able to get over the hump. Crucial to tie down are Kane, Dele, Alderweirld and Lloris. Next are Son, Eriksen, Wanyama, Dembele and Jan. The good thing is we have some really good players coming back from injury next season to fortify the team. Lamela, Rose and Winks are going to be like new signings.

I will like us to sign a recognized and proven striker this window. If RM can have Ronaldo and Benzema while Barca has Messi and Suarez there is no reason why MoPo won't be able to accommodate Kane and another striker. Next is a playmaker. Eriksen is good but we need someone who can takeover from him by creating and scoring more. If we are fortunate enough and have enough funds, find a backup goalie for Lloris. I don't know if it is age worrying Lloris but he appears to be dropping some clangers of recent which isn't typical of him. Vorm is getting to the end of his career while Lopez may not be ready for this level.

1 point behind eventual next season winners, Chelsea, can be more painful.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Last season we finished 3rd, 11 points behind the winner. This season we finished 2nd, 16 points more than last season and only 7 points behind the winner. The lads should not relent and continue to push. We have the best team in the league it just hasn't materialize into trophies yet. 2 or 3 quality signings with the vast majority of the team in place we should be able to get over the hump. Crucial to tie down are Kane, Dele, Alderweirld and Lloris. Next are Son, Eriksen, Wanyama, Dembele and Jan. The good thing is we have some really good players coming back from injury next season to fortify the team. Lamela, Rose and Winks are going to be like new signings.

Enjoy the football and dont let others set your own standards for happiness. Regardless of what some trolls say - this has been a VERY good year for SPURS!!

PS there is no way a proven striker will come and sit on the bench at Spurs. Real and Barca can do so for certain reasons. They also play formations where those named can be on the pitch at the same time. The players are fine and human. Stop giving yourself stress. If anyone goes, there will be replacements. It is not your headache.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SPURS 2016/17 GAMES: EPL - Hull 0 v 3 SPURS

Post by Cristao II »

toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:From a Spurs forum...
Just to think.......if we'd beaten West Ham we'd be second now.
:cry: :cry: :cry: We choked
I am telling ya!! Choked badly... With 13 games to go Chelsea were ten points ahead of Spurs. They won 11 of those games. Spurs really bottled it, as we only won 12 of their remaining 13 games, and not the full 15 out of 13 we would have needed to win the league.

Terrible really!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Are you guys open to Dani Alves?

Your team has apparently made him an offer.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Dani Alves? At age 34?? I don't think so!!
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

"A player might feel that he's done enough at Tottenham, and he might fancy a change. You might feel that Tottenham is a nearly club, we 'nearly' go close to winning the league, we 'nearly' go close to winning the semifinal of the FA Cup, and he might choose to move on.

Danny Rose, a Tottenham player....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:"A player might feel that he's done enough at Tottenham, and he might fancy a change. You might feel that Tottenham is a nearly club, we 'nearly' go close to winning the league, we 'nearly' go close to winning the semifinal of the FA Cup, and he might choose to move on.

Thanks for pointing out what we already know. How many very good players in the past have left Spurs? We are still standing. Even if we win something players would still leave if they want to. That is the nature of the business. Players move and it generates revenue and excitement and trepidation in equal measure.

I guess all Liverpool players are staying because of the trophies you've won :sneaky:
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:"A player might feel that he's done enough at Tottenham, and he might fancy a change. You might feel that Tottenham is a nearly club, we 'nearly' go close to winning the league, we 'nearly' go close to winning the semifinal of the FA Cup, and he might choose to move on.

Thanks for pointing out what we already know. How many very good players in the past have left Spurs? We are still standing. Even if we win something players would still leave if they want to. That is the nature of the business. Players move and it generates revenue and excitement and trepidation in equal measure.

I guess all Liverpool players are staying because of the trophies you've won :sneaky:
Don't pay attention to txj, he's got hold of the wrong end of the stick after the fact :taunt: as usual
Read what he actually said in context here
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40066687
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

So many other clubs' fans taking panadol for Spurs headache. I keep asking why do these guys support their clubs.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:

:agree:

Kante won the league and upped and left Leicester!! Cristiano Ronaldo? He won the league and CL at Man Utd - he upped and left. Players leave for a variety of reasons - money, trophies, managers etc

As pajimoh said, there is no guarantee a player will stay at a club. What I do guarantee is that as long as Levy is at the wheel - he will not directly sell to Utd, City, Chelsea unless the deal is bloody fabulous e.g. 110m for Rose or Walker.

PS Rose and Walker have the same agent - pure coincidence that they are both the most unsettled? Hmmm

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote: "A player might feel that he's done enough at Tottenham, and he might fancy a change. You might feel that Tottenham is a nearly club, we 'nearly' go close to winning the league, we 'nearly' go close to winning the semifinal of the FA Cup, and he might choose to move on.

The same Rose said:

"Someone like Harry Kane, I can tell you that his mindset will be 'I'm staying at Tottenham, I'm going to break every single record, I'm going to captain this club into the new stadium' so when you've got a player like him with that mindset I don't think Tottenham have to worry."

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

:agree:

Kante won the league and upped and left Leicester!! Cristiano Ronaldo? He won the league and CL at Man Utd - he upped and left. Players leave for a variety of reasons - money, trophies, managers etc

As pajimoh said, there is no guarantee a player will stay at a club. What I do guarantee is that as long as Levy is at the wheel - he will not directly sell to Utd, City, Chelsea unless the deal is bloody fabulous e.g. 110m for Rose or Walker.

PS Rose and Walker have the same agent - pure coincidence that they are both the most unsettled? Hmmm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Congratulations to the Spurs Ladies team that won promotion to the FAWSL 2 :thumb:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Rumor mill at work:

Spurs set to sign Under

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Rumor mill at work:

Spurs set to sign Under
I no dey follow all these rumors rubbish. I go wait until club announce somebody. From all the rumors going around we are after about 50 players so far
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Rumor mill at work:

Spurs set to sign Under
I no dey follow all these rumors rubbish. I go wait until club announce somebody. From all the rumors going around we are after about 50 players so far
I feel ya but this one seems to have some authenticity to it. Hopefully we should know more before the end of the week.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Looks plain and nothing special. This is why I am not fond of Nike.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Image

Looks plain and nothing special. This is why I am not fond of Nike.
Let them officially release it - I dont think this is the top. I have enjoyed AIA's creativity though.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8