Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:Pep's never had a start as good as this in Spain or Germany. Anyway, still early doors.
no one shut the door on you to continue posting in this thread, did they?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:Unless disaster strikes....Pep is gonna walk away with the league title.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Robby-oloye did strike
dude you be real troll kai :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Looks like a gigantic clearout is currently in progress at City, Navas, Sagna, Clichy, Caballero, released, and other names like Nolito, Fernando, Mangala may go.

Looks like Pep is getting ready to buy a brand new team

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegr ... asing/amp/
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

benteke wrote:Looks like a gigantic clearout is currently in progress at City, Navas, Sagna, Clichy, Caballero, released, and other names like Nolito, Fernando, Mangala may go.

Looks like Pep wants to buy his way to the title by hook or crook. CIC what say you? Spaz nko? I hope he's OK. :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:Unless disaster strikes....Pep is gonna walk away with the league title.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Robby-oloye did strike
dude you be real troll kai :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
benteke wrote:Looks like a gigantic clearout is currently in progress at City, Navas, Sagna, Clichy, Caballero, released, and other names like Nolito, Fernando, Mangala may go.

Looks like Pep wants to buy his way to the title by hook or crook. CIC what say you? Spaz nko? I hope he's OK. :taunt:
Checkbook manager! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:

Checkbook manager! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No mind am. Water done pass garri :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bobo don already spend 40 milla on Silva :lol:
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:bobo don already spend 40 milla on Silva :lol:

OH BOY! 60 MILLION!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Aubameyang is Next

Checkbook Manager :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Checkbook Manager!!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

airwolex wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Checkbook Manager!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Make una leave Pepe alone abeg. Bia biko tfco abi wetin be ya name...did disaster not strike Pepe? Bravo and Stones were two disasters that struck my prediction down :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Chai... he's about to buy Alves too... $8 million + wages probably higher than both Sagna and Zabaleta who were released. Is Alves really a defensive upgrade over Sagna?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the guy wins with only top players..kai what a waste
SuperEagles

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Harnessing the talents from that famed City Academy

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

I see the anti-Pep crew are in full flare:

Anyway, haters gonna hate. Cant wait for next season.

Sanchez
Walker
Dani Alves
Mendy
Bertrand
Bernardo Silva*
Ederson Moraes*

2 acquisitions done, 5 more to go. And for what its worth, the purchases are really an attempt to Challenge for Champs League. Not the league. We failed to achieve our goal of winning the league last year. but the problems were easy to spot:

Worst save per goal ratio in league
2nd worst save ratio by a goalie in the league- simply put Bravo lost form this year. had we had the save ratio of a mid-table keeper, we'd have finish a point behind Chelsea. the acquisition of Moraes should fix that. I worry about his ball skills though.

Aging fullbacks
we went into the season knowing we had a problem at fullback last year, tried to move Kolarov and Zabaleta to Inter and Fernabache respectively, but both deals fell thru. So we couldn't bring in younger fitter fullbacks who fit the mode. fortunately 3 of our 4 over 30 fullbacks were on their last year. So a clear out this season was always on the card. Albeit I am not impressed with the interests I am seeing. Walker is Ok. I'd have gone for Benjamin Henrichs, Ricardo Perreira or Nelson Seemed myself. Dani Alves is a Champions League and "he knows how I think" link. As an ageist myself, I am strictly anti buying players over.30. I think its a risk and they are often worse for moving. Besides it is easier to play in Italy where the game is slow as hell.Past their prime players can look mint playing in Italy.

At LB I'd have considered Alex Grimaldi, and Jonas Hector over Mendy, I am nt a big fan of average technical player, I think Mendy is not that technically sound. He is an attacking force , a physical specimen and probably will easily be the best crossing fullback if we get him. But his general football intelligence and tactical wawareness needs a lot of work. Betrand might actually be the safest of all 4 interests. An all round good player who isn't exceptional at anything.

I think solving there weakness at keeper and fullback should put us right there at the end of the coming season challenging Tottenham and Liverpool for the Title. If Chelsea sort tut there striker issue, they may be in it too. But I genuinely think its a 3 way race, especially if we are able to make the Sanchez deal happen. As that move will automatically end Arsenal's chances.

Anyway, just popping in to see the guys :D
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

We can't for 'your club' to start off hot next season, you to brag, them to collapse, you to dissapear.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

King Futcha wrote:We can't for 'your club' to start off hot next season, you to brag, them to collapse, you to dissapear.
You've got me confused. I didn't brag at all. But if our team is set this summer, ill be excited.

Not a fan of some of our links, but Bernado Silva and Ederson Moraes is liquid gold!

Not so excited about the fullback links. But if we can top off the fullback acquisitions with Sanchez or Mbappe. Then fosho, I think we'll be in it on final day of the league and an outside chance to make the CL finals.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote:We can't for 'your club' to start off hot next season, you to brag, them to collapse, you to dissapear.

The boy is a coward :lol: :oops: :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

spastic wrote:
You've got me confused. I didn't brag at all. But if our team is set this summer, ill be excited.

Not a fan of some of our links, but Bernado Silva and Ederson Moraes is liquid gold!

Not so excited about the fullback links. But if we can top off the fullback acquisitions with Sanchez or Mbappe. Then fosho, I think we'll be in it on final day of the league and an outside chance to make the CL finals.
Na real liquid gold. Last year Sane, nolito and the others were all involved in a revolution, this year, its liquid gold. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Eziokwu! :rotf:
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

danfo driver wrote:
spastic wrote:

Na real liquid gold. Last year Sane, nolito and the others were all involved in a revolution, this year, its liquid gold. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Eziokwu! :rotf:
Revolution will happen with or without your belief. So lie to yourself if you must. That one na your problem.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

spastic wrote:I see the anti-Pep crew are in full flare:

Anyway, haters gonna hate. Cant wait for next season.

Sanchez
Walker
Dani Alves
Mendy
Bertrand
Bernardo Silva*
Ederson Moraes*

2 acquisitions done, 5 more to go. And for what its worth, the purchases are really an attempt to Challenge for Champs League. Not the league. We failed to achieve our goal of winning the league last year. but the problems were easy to spot:

Worst save per goal ratio in league
2nd worst save ratio by a goalie in the league- simply put Bravo lost form this year. had we had the save ratio of a mid-table keeper, we'd have finish a point behind Chelsea. the acquisition of Moraes should fix that. I worry about his ball skills though.

Aging fullbacks
we went into the season knowing we had a problem at fullback last year, tried to move Kolarov and Zabaleta to Inter and Fernabache respectively, but both deals fell thru. So we couldn't bring in younger fitter fullbacks who fit the mode. fortunately 3 of our 4 over 30 fullbacks were on their last year. So a clear out this season was always on the card. Albeit I am not impressed with the interests I am seeing. Walker is Ok. I'd have gone for Benjamin Henrichs, Ricardo Perreira or Nelson Seemed myself. Dani Alves is a Champions League and "he knows how I think" link. As an ageist myself, I am strictly anti buying players over.30. I think its a risk and they are often worse for moving. Besides it is easier to play in Italy where the game is slow as hell.Past their prime players can look mint playing in Italy.

At LB I'd have considered Alex Grimaldi, and Jonas Hector over Mendy, I am nt a big fan of average technical player, I think Mendy is not that technically sound. He is an attacking force , a physical specimen and probably will easily be the best crossing fullback if we get him. But his general football intelligence and tactical wawareness needs a lot of work. Betrand might actually be the safest of all 4 interests. An all round good player who isn't exceptional at anything.

I think solving there weakness at keeper and fullback should put us right there at the end of the coming season challenging Tottenham and Liverpool for the Title. If Chelsea sort tut there striker issue, they may be in it too. But I genuinely think its a 3 way race, especially if we are able to make the Sanchez deal happen. As that move will automatically end Arsenal's chances.

Anyway, just popping in to see the guys :D

**shakes head**

It doesnt take skill to spend the most money to buy as many world class players as one can buy. People do it regularly on FIFA, PES and Football Manager. Let Pep develop a player to success. Man City's academy has been expensively put together.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8