2017 Nigerian Premier League - Plateau United Champions!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017 Nigerian Premier League

Post by YemiBrazil »

Why is it all quiet here? Oh oh....... Shooting chop serious cane. Rangers chop cane and done become comfortable landlord for relegation zone :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

YemiBrazil wrote:Why is it all quiet here? Oh oh....... Shooting chop serious cane. Rangers chop cane and done become comfortable landlord for relegation zone :lol: :lol:
It is quiet because Enyimba won while Shooting and Rangers lost. The natural order of things.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Hell let loose after Kano Pillars lose 1-0 to Akwa United. Fans were manhandled. Just listened to one Dr Tunde Akinbinu, who practices in Kano and watched Pillars regularly. He said he's still shaking having been rough handled by the animals.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

anointed wrote:Hell let loose after Kano Pillars lose 1-0 to Akwa United. Fans were manhandled. Just listened to one Dr Tunde Akinbinu, who practices in Kano and watched Pillars regularly. He said he's still shaking having been rough handled by the animals.
Why attack anybody in the first place?
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

LMC sanctions clubs and players for various acts of violence by players, fans and match stewards.

Among other things, Kano Pillars and Katsina United to play in empty stadia for varying periods of time, while Remo Stars will have "restrictions" on fan attendance. Pillars to pay compensation to Dr. Akinbinu, as well as pay any medical bills he incurred.

It is a bad thing that these incidents occurred .... but I don't recall the league in years past acting this quickly (or at all) in response to such incidents. I could be wrong.
LMC moves to improve safety at match venues

Published on Tuesday, 11 April 2017 14:51
Hits: 1591

•Sanctions Kano Pillars, Katsina United and Remo Stars
•Enyimba’s goalkeeper and two Pillars players suspended

Following recent pockets of fans restiveness at a few match venues, the League Management Company (LMC) has moved to reassure fans, players and coaches of their safety at league venues on match days.

The league body said it will continue to enforce safety regulations and sanction every acts of violation to deter unruliness at match venues.

“We recognise that football is a game of passion and there are bound to be emotional outbursts when people pursue their passion especially in supporting their favourite clubs. It is also in recognition of this that regulations have been put in place placing responsibility of on clubs to ensure safety of all on match days and expecting our players and coaches to uphold the highest level of decorum and discipline in carrying out their duties on the field”, the LMC said.

Pursuant to these values of ensuring safety standards at all times and at every match venue, the LMC has reviewed a number of incidents across match venues and imposed appropriate sanctions on clubs, their fans and players found culpable.

The LMC says that towards preventing repeat of some of the observed breaches, clubs have been strongly admonished to ensure that their ball boys are properly trained to uphold the very best standard practice.

It also reminded clubs that they have a responsible to ensure that at all times only accredited persons are allowed access to restricted areas in the stadium and also adhere strictly to not selling tickets their stadium capacity.

In review of the recent incidents, the LMC imposed varying sanctions on Kano Pillars, Remo Stars, Katsina United, two players of Kano Pillars and a goalkeeper of Enyimba International.

Kano Pillars was cited for violations of Rules B13.18 and C1 and fined a total of N7.25m as well as other consequential fines and closure of stadium to fans until further notice. The clubs has also been directed to identify and hand over to the Police for prosecution, its match security stewards who led the attack on match officials during the Match Day 18 fixture against Akwa United.

The fine against Kano Pillars includes N250, 000 as compensation to Dr. Tunde Akinbinu, an associate member of the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) in addition to any certified medical bills arising from the attack on him by the club supporters after the match day 18 fixture against Akwa United.

It also includes N1m compensation to Akwa United for assault on members of the team in addition to any other certified medical bills, a fine of N3,000,000.00 for conduct capable of bringing the game into disrepute and deduction of three points, the execution of which shall be suspended for a probationary period of the remainder of the season

For incidents on Match Day 15 in Shagamu including breaches of Rules C.1.1, B13.18 and B13.52 including harassment of match officials, access to restricted area by unauthorised persons and assault on Journalists by Remo Stars supporters, the LMC imposed a cumulative fine of N2.5m on Remo Stars and restriction of fans from attending three home matches of Remo Stars with the last two suspended.

For harassment of match officials in their hotel rooms by supporters of the club, Remo Stars was fined N500, 000, N1m for throwing of objects towards the field of play leading to delay of the match, N750, 000 for failing to ensure restriction of access to unauthorised persons to restricted area and compensation of N250, 000 for assault to Sports Journalists, Kelvin Ekerete.

A suspended three points deduction was also imposed on Remo Stars and which shall be enforced should similar incidents occur during their match for the remaining matches of the season. The club was also directed to organise an enlightenment program for their supporters and which shall be attended by an official of the LMC.

For violations of Rule B13.23, C18.6, C18.14 and B13.21, Katsina United was fined a total of N2.5m which included N500, 000 as compensation to Enyimba International and a cost to be determined for repair of their damaged vehicle. The club is also to play the next three home matches behind closed doors two of which is suspended for a probationary period lasting the remainder of the season.

Katsina United was also placed on a suspended sanction of three points’ deduction for probationary period lasting the rest of the season. The sanction against Katsina United arose from incidents at the end of Match Day 17 fixture against Enyimba International.

Enyimba’s goalkeeper, Fatau Dauda was suspended for one match and fined N50, 000 for aggression towards a ball boy during their match against Katsina United. Dauda was charged for breaches of Rules C11 and C1 which included assault on a ball boy and acts capable of inciting others to commit violence during their match day 18 fixture against Katsina United.

Rabiu Ali and Murtala Adamu of Kano Pillars were also sanctioned for threatening of the Referee and conducted themselves in a manner that was capable of inciting others to commit violence or misconduct which constituted a breach of Rule C1 and consequently suspended for one match.

The clubs and players were given 48 hours to submit in writing to the decisions of the LMC or elect to appear before a commission and for which further sanctions would be imposed should their appeals not be upheld.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rangers put life into NPFL campaign
by George Akpayen 23 April 2017, 21:44
http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... L_campaign

Enugu Rangers picked up the pieces of their stuttering season with a 3-1 win over Kano Pillars in a rearranged Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) match on Sunday.

Chibuzor Madu, Chiamaka Madu and Ifeanyi George scored for the Nigerian champions. Adamu Mohammed's strike for Kano Pillars represented a mere consolation.

Rangers interim head coach Chukwuma Agbo listed a starting line-up that included two new-signings George and Bright Silas while the other new acquisition, Chidera Eze, a former Nigeria under-17 star started from the bench.

Godwin Aguda and Osas Okoro who were integral members of the league-winning side last season only had places among the Rangers substitutes.

Kano Pillars captain Gambo Mohammed was missing among the matchday squad for the eight game on the spin owing to an ankle injury since his last league appearance this season against Wikki Tourists on 8 March.

The Flying Antelopes barely allowed their opponents settle into the contest when George found himself in a good position inside Kano Pillars but was tripped before he could take a pop at goal.

The awarded a spot kick just a minute after the game began and Chibuzor Madu despatched the attempt past Yusuf Mohammed in Pillars' goal for the opener.

The Kano club were not given time and space on the ball and Rangers produced a superb move in the sixth minute which Chiamaka Madu finished off to double the champions' lead leaving Pillars stunned.

The former champions from Kano just could not keep up with the movement of Rangers. They struggled to create chances as the new signings for the champions, George and Silas, made their presence felt.

On the brink of half time, George got among the scorers to make it three-nil to Rangers.

However, Adamu Mohammed pulled one back for Kano Pillars in two minutes of first half stoppage time.

There was no goals in the second half though there was time former Nigeria under-17 player Eze to come off the bench to make his debut for Rangers by replacing Bobby Clement in the final 12 minutes of the contest.

The 3-1 success over Kano Pillars have only taken Rangers' points to 16, five less from safety. The champions still remain rooted to bottom spot and still have rearranged matches to play against Wikki Tourists, Sunshine Stars, Plateau United and Gombe United.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Egu new coach of Sunshine Stars.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

12 years old when playing Principal's Cup? Just wondering....
Shooting Stars talisman Faleye opens up on picking football over law
Published on Wednesday, 17 May 2017 12:28 Hits: 409
http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/ ... l-over-law
By China Acheru

Just a few years ago, Sunday Falaye was playing in the Apapa Zone of the Lagos State Principals’ Cup for secondary schools but now he is banging in goals in his first season in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

When Shooting Stars signed inside forward, Falaye from Freetown Academy in the off-season, little did they know they had just acquired a Neymar-esque player.

Nineteen games into the season he has five goals to his name and four assists, huge for a player who is having his first taste of the big pie.

He told npfl.ng that he could have been in the university studying law if not that football has taken him away from schooling.

An academic beginning
If Faleye was not playing football today, he would have probably still been in school, maybe studying for a degree in law.

“I have been playing football since I was four years old,” the 18-year-old Faleye said.

“But when I got into secondary school I was playing in inter-class matches, then inter-house sports before I played in the Principals’ Cup in 2011,” Faleye told npfl.ng.

“When I was in school I engaged myself in academic work but when football came, I grabbed the opportunity too.”

Falaye narrated how playing in the Principals' Cup shot him to near stardom, a chance he did not let pass him by.

“In 2011, while a student of Awodi Ora Junior Secondary School, I played in the Principals' Cup though my school did not qualify for the later stages, I did enough at the Apapa zone to catch the attention of people,” Faleye said.

“If not for football, I will still be in school right now but with football, I have not given up on schooling. I plan to go back to school when my career is over or if it is possible to combine both I am up to it.”

He continued that he cannot in any way compare the top tier of the Nigerian League to the amateur ranks.

“I cannot in any way compare both leagues as the NPFL is clearly better than what I experienced as an amateur player in the academy,” Falaye said.

“There is a very big difference between amateur football and the NPFL and that is what I have experienced in the last few months.”

The talisman
After five goals and four assists this season, he is clearly the top scorer for the Ibadan based Shooting Stars and he described his style as Neymar-esque.

“If I want to describe myself, I will say I play like Neymar. If you look at Neymar, you have seen me play.

“Whatever Neymar can do, I can do it. It is just unfortunate that I am yet to score with my head this season. My five goals have been three from my left leg and two from my right,” Faleye told npfl.ng.

“I am not getting carried away with the goals I have scored but I wish I can finish among the top five scorers in the league.”

Eyes on the greens
Like most other players, Faleye wants to play for the national teams saying it is the next important thing for players.

“After making your first appearance as a professional footballer and playing regularly for your club, the next important thing is to play for your national team at whatever level you are eligible for.

“I also want a crack at the national teams too because that is what we are all after. I would have said I have done enough to get a national team call up but when I look at the position of Shooting Stars on the log I begin to think other wise.

“Maybe I have done my best but my best is not good enough because if I have really done that well, then my club would be in the top 4 and not bottom 4,” Faleye lamented.

A message to the school kids
After his move from school football to the professional ranks, Faleye believes there are many more like him in schools all over the country.

“My advise to them would simply be that they should stay focused on football as a career but should also give their education a fifty percent chance too.

“You can never tell what life has in store for you and football may eventually not work so they must have a fall back plan which can well be education.

“If they have a mind to play football, let them go for it,” Faleye said.

The 18-year-old Faleye is no doubt enjoying his first ever season in the professional ranks and believes there are many more to come in his fledgling career.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Enugu II wrote:12 years old when playing Principal's Cup? Just wondering....
Shooting Stars talisman Faleye opens up on picking football over law
Published on Wednesday, 17 May 2017 12:28 Hits: 409
http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/ ... l-over-law
By China Acheru

“...I have been playing football since I was four years old,” the 18-year-old Faleye said.

“But when I got into secondary school I was playing in inter-class matches, then inter-house sports before I played in the Principals’ Cup in 2011,” Faleye told npfl.ng.

“When I was in school I engaged myself in academic work but when football came, I grabbed the opportunity too.”

Falaye narrated how playing in the Principals' Cup shot him to near stardom, a chance he did not let pass him by.

In 2011, while a student of Awodi Ora Junior Secondary School, I played in the Principals' Cup though my school did not qualify for the later stages, I did enough at the Apapa zone to catch the attention of people,” Faleye said...
Enugu II, cool down o...
12 yrs old is a plausible age at JSS level...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

3SC 'chop' bottle in Ibadan! They even got their customary penalty but to no avail.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

3SC in familiar territory :taunt: :taunt:
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

ukwala wrote: 3SC in familiar territory :taunt: :taunt:
:biggrin: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Godfather wrote:
Levels :bump: :bump: :bump: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

zee wrote:
Godfather wrote:
Levels :bump: :bump: :bump: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Choi! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

YemiBrazil wrote:Why is it all quiet here? Oh oh....... Shooting chop serious cane. Rangers chop cane and done become comfortable landlord for relegation zone :lol: :lol:
Baba YemiOshodi, tis the time of the year again. Is the recession affecting 'tactical' for Up Sootin?

Your favorite Christian song...

He that is down need fear no fall... :mrgreen:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Preview of the weekend's Naija league action .... and bonus highlights of Zambia vs Germany.

[/video]
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
westfulham
Egg
Egg

Post by westfulham »

Mountain Top FC are the first successful football club from Lagos, great results for them this year.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Matchday 24 results. No prizes for guessing who is now bottom of the table :taunt: :taunt:
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Yes, 'tactical' propping up the table :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ukwala wrote:Yes, 'tactical' propping up the table :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo