"ENGLAND" U-20 win world cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: "ENGLAND" U-20 into the world cup semies

Post by Eaglezbeak »

balo wrote:Congratulations to England and the Nigerian contingent.
England raised them anything Nigerian has nothing to do with their football!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Its a Goal wrote:Onomah is a certified beast, CONFIRMED. What surprised me though is he played DM for this team when he is often deployed upfront on the wings when he plays for Tottenham. It will be interesting seeing if Onomah will compete for that position alongside Dier, Winks, Dembele and Wanyama. My fear is that he will have to leave in order to get playing time.

Congratulations to England for winning. They wouldn't have been able to without the 6 Nigerian contingents :D.
There won't be any talk of where their parents come from!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: "ENGLAND" U-20 win world cup

Post by Coach »

@Tx, nno!....technicality ogini? What of Bundes La Liga onda 20s ehnnn?

Bobby belting the ball
And Psycho screaming
3 Lions on a shirt
Jules Remy still gleaming....
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
Maybe he should replace their DNA with Somali or Sri Lankan DNA and see what happens.
SIX of them is NO coincidence!!!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
Maybe he should replace their DNA with Somali or Sri Lankan DNA and see what happens.
I knew this day would come. 10 years ago I was at a Naija party in London and the number of people that had sons, nephews, cousins, brothers in Chelsea, QPR, Liverpool was astonishing. Nigerian parents who traditionally don't encourage their kids to play sports have done a U-turn. One guy I know has a kid that's sparked a bidding war between Spurs and Arsenal. The guy does little else but to ferry his Son from one game to another. The ole can't wait for the boy to turn pro. I don't know if he works again he's job is Soccer Daddy/ House Husband. :D
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

airwolex wrote:
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
I knew this day would come. 10 years ago I was at a Naija party in London and the number of people that had sons, nephews, cousins, brothers in Chelsea, QPR, Liverpool was astonishing. Nigerian parents who traditionally don't encourage their kids to play sports have done a U-turn. One guy I know has a kid that's sparked a bidding war between Spurs and Arsenal. The guy does little else but to ferry his Son from one game to another. The ole can't wait for the boy to turn pro. I don't know if he works again he's job is Soccer Daddy/ House Husband. :D
They are now being encouraged to get there coaching badge as not all will make it as footballers so now we go get coach join sef and they also pay for your kids private education.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
What has that got to do with England winning a football match Nigeria use 11 Nigerians at a time and didn't even qualify,don't embarrass yourselves Nigeria didn't do a thing for their careers England won and the record won't change despite their DNA!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
What has that got to do with England winning a football match Nigeria use 11 Nigerians at a time and didn't even qualify,don't embarrass yourselves Nigeria didn't do a thing for their careers England won and the record won't change despite their DNA!
The pounded yam and egusi mummy cooks, you think it was dumplings that Onomah was using to walz through the mid field like knife through butter, :D
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Prince wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
The pounded yam and egusi mummy cooks, you think it was dumplings that Onomah was using to walz through the mid field like knife through butter, :D
Onomah is English. English kids don't eat that stuff :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wha choo looking at?!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Not to take anything away from England, but this was a poor tournament. And this is not new btw...

Every once in a while you get an edition that is not at par with the better ones...

Hard to find any real stand outs...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Prince wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
Onomah is English. English kids don't eat that stuff :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
They're at the cafe eating a full English every morning mate!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
Apples and oranges bro.
You said, " what has Nigeria got to do with England winning....?"
Answer: DNA

Take that out of those SIX players and you'd have a different side.
And to be honest, its not only DNA.
Culture.
Most Nigerian men in the UK are football lovers and if theyve got sons, will encourage them to play football.

It seems like a joke, but when my two daughters were in primary school, they were part of an 'elite' group of boys and girls in their school sports, winning virtually everything in sight. There were two other families whose kids made up the group - all Nigerian.
I remember being asked by one of the oyibo paents, at one year's school sports day, 'What do you feed them?"
My friend Buki promptly answered, 'Eba!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So its DNA, culture and whole bag of garri! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote:Not to take anything away from England, but this was a poor tournament. And this is not new btw...

Every once in a while you get an edition that is not at par with the better ones...

Hard to find any real stand outs...

...that tackle by Moore
And when Lineker scored
Bobby belting the ball
And Nobby dancing
Three lions on a shirt
Jules Remy still gleaming ...
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Only their blood abi?
Don't mind him.
Apples and oranges bro.
You said, " what has Nigeria got to do with England winning....?"
Answer: DNA

Take that out of those SIX players and you'd have a different side.
And to be honest, its not only DNA.
Culture.
Most Nigerian men in the UK are football lovers and if theyve got sons, will encourage them to play football.

It seems like a joke, but when my two daughters were in primary school, they were part of an 'elite' group of boys and girls in their school sports, winning virtually everything in sight. There were two other families whose kids made up the group - all Nigerian.
I remember being asked by one of the oyibo paents, at one year's school sports day, 'What do you feed them?"
My friend Buki promptly answered, 'Eba!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So its DNA, culture and whole bag of garri! :thumb:
I my self happen to be first generation London born Nigerian(and proud) with Children and also a coach and I'm telling you those boys may know who their parents are but the fact is England won the U20 World Cup and not Nigeria and those boys probably harbour no thoughts of Nigeria when it comes to football (I don't know if they boast about their biological makeup!)
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Eaglezbeek your own first generation is different you spent your life avoiding being African they are brought up proud to be African.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Prince wrote:Eaglezbeek your own first generation is different you spent your life avoiding being African they are brought up proud to be African.
They the younger generation don't even visit CE so if I was ashamed would I waste my time here? The new generation find it easier to call themselves British and most will marry outside their parents culture despite knowing they are Nigerian,not many of them care about Nigerian football (after all we where originally talking about football so what ever you bitterly believe about me has no affect)!I find Nigerians who jump to assumptions about people they don't know more ignorant than Oyibor people and that's probably why many are more comfortable away from your kind who are too jugmental more so online now that everyone has a greasy screened handset (soup fingered) as it easier to spew your disdain :rotf:
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Don't worry your generation will heal, they really did a number on you guys. Too much self loathing, :D I see sell out naija concerts, I go to watch naija football and I see them wearing naija tops.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Prince wrote:Don't worry your generation will heal, they really did a number on you guys. Too much self loathing, :D I see sell out naija concerts, I go to watch naija football and I see them wearing naija tops.
Nigeria had more to be proud of when I was younger,look what your generation did to the place now tell us why this generation of British born Nigerians would want to associate with Nigeria?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Prince wrote:Don't worry your generation will heal, they really did a number on you guys. Too much self loathing, :D I see sell out naija concerts, I go to watch naija football and I see them wearing naija tops.
Nigeria had more to be proud of when I was younger,look what your generation did to the place now tell us why this generation of British born Nigerians would want to associate with Nigeria?
Eaglezbeak don't look back in anger :taunt:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I left you with a question hence the question mark no internet emotions need,please answer or move on.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I left you with a question hence the question mark no internet emotions need,please answer or move on.
A lot of this present generation associate with Nigeria, Anthony Joshua, Onomah, Iwobi, Aina I just mention sports people but if you want me to add politicians I will

http://www.pulse.ng/local/osinbajo-nige ... 90716.html

There are over 40 Nigerian councilors and they meet as councilors of NIGERIAN descent, there might be failings in us engaging them but they atleast they make efforts and people like you should be part of the bridge, Indians are doing it
Oya back to the matter
open and close
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

@Eaglezbeak

Did Nigeria raise the likes of Balogun, Troost-Ekong and Ebuehi who have chosen to play for Nigeria?

They have Nigerian blood. That makes them Nigerian.

You won't be surprised if the SE won something tomorrow to see that German/Dutch papers would be referring to them as Deutsch/Dutch exports.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg