MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - 2nd Half

Post by tfco »

1naija wrote:This is the worst day in Nigeria football.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MATCH THREAD: NIGERIA 0 - 2 SOUTH AFRICA - FT

Post by Damunk »

General Trousers wrote:
asabatex wrote:Uyo is jinxed - we must stop playing any meaningful game in Uyo.
We need Mikel and Enyeama back - ASAP. We can beat South Africa away , 2 - 0. With Enyeama in goal, we can win on penalties.
You superstitious Nigerians. This is NOT the reason!<
Please tell them before they start calling TB Joshua or the likes of him to come and remove the jinx.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

theYemster wrote:
wiseone wrote: 4) Iheanacho is not ready to be Nigeria's full-time CF. He has a touch of the RVP and Zlatan about him in that he is an excellent finisher with a hawk eye for goal. He also has a touch of the RVP and Zlatan about him in that he does not stretch opposition defences, lacks pace, and does very little when he is not scoring (except he does not have the excuse of being 35). Goal hanging poachers are an endangered species. He needs to become more multi-functional.
He's terrible with his back to goal and with his still shaky first touch that makes it even worse. Then add to that the fact that he's actually match rusty, yikes.

That was never his game iirc. He was never that kind of striker but at City, they keep trying to make him like that.
He needs a team and manager that will obviously give him more opportunities to play and to start but also a manager that will play him in a role that's best suited for him to succeed and help a team score goals.

--------------------------------------------
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Robby Nice broda
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It was a bad loss, but I have confidence that Rohr will get it right and make improvements in the next game. We can still qualify if we win our remaining games particularly the game in SA.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

olu wrote:It was a bad loss, but I have confidence that Rohr will get it right and make improvements in the next game. We can still qualify if we win our remaining games particularly the game in SA.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:Why the hatred for Onazi? He was a warrior today and the best Super Eagle. If the much loved Ndidi and Etebo had stepped up their game, maybe we would not have lost. This should be the last time Akpeyi keeps goal for Nigeria. Enyeama needs to come back and if he is still doing yanga, he should feck off! My boy, Awaziem had a stinker and Omeruo should have started, that is on Rohr. He has finally lost his first game, so those who have been waiting for a year to say "I told you so", finally have their chance forgetting that their hero lost at home to a worse team, Congo.
Yet again, will you not let Stephen Keshi ever rest in peace... :oops:

Yes, he lost to Congo at home (and while not exactly sure how Congo is a "worse" team than SA, he nonetheless also beat Congo soundly on its own home turf), but more succinctly he did NOT lose to the same SA - neither at home nor away (in fact, he actually soundly beat SA in one away game) - and of course he actually WON the entire ANC title itself (and in SA to boot)! So let 'our' hero (a NATIONAL HERO at least those of us Nigerians who like to see Nigeria win - both as player and as coach) who has run his race and UPLIFTED Nigeria rest in peace and dignity, and rather expend your loquacious drivel on trying to get your own hero (whose primary heroic 'achievement' to natives is the color of his...er...passport) to at the very least just help us to qualify (for abegi the good Lord forbid the horror of yet another ANC non-qualification).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

We've always struggled to qualify for the AFCON in non-Wold Cup years. Now that the qualification process has been split entirely this difficulty has become even more apparent.

I believe they'll do better in the WCQers. We'll beat Cameroon in Nigeria and that'll put paid to their qualification hopes.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Goldleaf wrote:Unimaginative
Poor
Sloppy
Cannot control the football
Disorganized
Slow
Second to the ball at all times
Panicky and unrelaxed
Fire on the mountain run, run
Low football IQ
Unfit to wear the GWG
Poor strategy based on hopeful, long balls
Cannot win competitive headers
First instinct is to pass back
Ball watchers
Static and no off the ball running

This is the poorest SE performance of all times.

Eddy Ogenyi Onazi SHOULD NOT BE IN THE SUPER EAGLES. He only puffs and puffs and gives the impression that he is a footballer but HE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

We must NEVER assemble another 11 without JON OBI MIKEL, VICTOR MOSES and at least CARL IKEME or ENYEAMA.

This team today is a ragtag bunch that can never ever be said to be players of the SE. I hope Gernot Rohr has learnt his lesson. Alex Iwobi is not SE material. Kele is not an arrowhead. I am pleased for this performance and this outing because Gernot Rohr would have learnt that the names Rasheed Yekini, Daniel Amokachi, Segun Odegbami, Stephen Keshi, Muda Lawal, Nwankwo Kanu, JJ Okocha are the calibre that we are used to, not these guys.

Rohr, this is your YELLOW CARD!!!!! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
Goldleaf:

You just enumerated what I mentioned in the posts I made today, and repeated to my friend at the end on the game. I have never seen a Nigerian team this pitiful. Onazi was horrendous today. Long and high balls to nowhere in particular. People keep say Kelechi was ineffective in front; but strikers depend on good balls to them to score goals. He did not get a single one today. Onazi was firing the ball to the South African back five or six with them saying "thank you" while collecting the ball.

I was disappointed with our players today.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I totally agree with you. I am an angel* but I know one thing though - FOOTBALL- my friend ur talking through ur backside, your logic or explanation makes no sense, ur worse than my 6 yr old nephew. At least he has an excuse.

I hope u have slept well, now read the rubbish u posted and tell me if u believe that u belong on a football forum

Curve whiz wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:The loss is not even the problem, but the manner of it. It was obvious that the SA team will sit and play on the counter. Yet Rohr started with Iheanacho as sole striker and played with two DMs. Also we kept trying to play over the top of their defence, yet we have a fast Musa on the bench. Also there was no need for Simon, when he wasn't even covering for Echiejile, who was also poor.

So what was Rohr thinking during the game? I was expecting him to bring in Ogu for Simon, and to seal the midfield with three players so that we can push the team up the pitch to allow the strikers some time on the ball, but no. Etebo was hiding throughout the game and when he finally had a chance, he went for glory rather than centre for his teammates. Terrible coaching and we can forget Cameroon 2019 now and just focus on beating Cameroon at home next game.

an oxymoronic statement if i ever saw one.....ur unhappy cos he played 2 DM but u want him to bring on another one to make it 3 DM so we can then win the game....wow
Unfortunately my post is not for idiots. I am sorry my logic flew over your head. To start with what I wrote here I opined same on Twitter after just 30minutes.

To start with we were too slow with the ball. The gap between our players was too wide. We had only Onazi in the midfield as often times Ndidi and Etebo were practically occupying the same spot too far forward. So Onazi wasted time after time looking for who to pass to. Ended up passing to Awaziem or Ekong, who then wacks it trying to find Kelechi to no avail. We kept turning the ball over and the 1 1/2 in the midfield were struggling for control. We were not passing and moving, and no one was doing what Mikel does by shielding the ball and moving it from side to side to open passing lane. The forwards were just walking around behind the South Africans. Without control, having even 10 strikers upfront is of no use. So we were effectively playing 9 against a disciplined South African 11. So we needed a third midfielder to seal up the left bcos of the hole Echiejile was leaving behind in his half-hearted supporting forays upfront.

Having Ogu sit on the left & Ndidi on the right of Onazi, would have covered for Echiejile allowing him freedom to actually attack on the outside of a static Simon and cross the ball from the byline, whilst allowing us to have enough players to recover the ball quickly on a counter. (Cue the two goals scored and the one that hit the post in the second half).

So with 4 ineffective forward players already ahead of them, controlling the midfield was a better solution to secure a result at that point. It's about balance the way the game was shaping up. Once SA went one goal up, it became super dangerous for us to cope if and when we lose the ball ... and the second goal duly came that way.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:
Dammy wrote:Why the hatred for Onazi? He was a warrior today and the best Super Eagle. If the much loved Ndidi and Etebo had stepped up their game, maybe we would not have lost. This should be the last time Akpeyi keeps goal for Nigeria. Enyeama needs to come back and if he is still doing yanga, he should feck off! My boy, Awaziem had a stinker and Omeruo should have started, that is on Rohr. He has finally lost his first game, so those who have been waiting for a year to say "I told you so", finally have their chance forgetting that their hero lost at home to a worse team, Congo.
Yet again, will you not let Stephen Keshi ever rest in peace... :oops:

Yes, he lost to Congo at home (and while not exactly sure how Congo is a "worse" team than SA, he nonetheless also beat Congo soundly on its own home turf), but more succinctly he did NOT lose to the same SA - neither at home nor away (in fact, he actually soundly beat SA in one away game) - and of course he actually WON the entire ANC title itself (and in SA to boot)! So let 'our' hero (a NATIONAL HERO at least those of us Nigerians who like to see Nigeria win - both as player and as coach) who has run his race and UPLIFTED Nigeria rest in peace and dignity, and rather expend your loquacious drivel on trying to get your own hero (whose primary heroic 'achievement' to natives is the color of his...er...passport) to at the very least just help us to qualify (for abegi the good Lord forbid the horror of yet another ANC non-qualification).
Do you operate in the spirit world? Has Keshi personally complained to you that I am not allowing him to rest in peace? If the answer is YES, then I fear for you but if it is NO, keep your emotions in check. this is a football forum and not Rave and Rant where you can let off your emotions. Stick to footballing issues.
I am happy
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

marutimon wrote:
theYemster wrote:He's terrible with his back to goal and with his still shaky first touch that makes it even worse. Then add to that the fact that he's actually match rusty, yikes.
People seem to forget he created Nigeria's best scoring opportunity which Etebo skied.
What in that move disproves what I said about this glaring weakness of his? If anything Moses Simon did all the hard work with the holdup play, The ball fell to Nacho and he just laid it into Etebo's path. How does that prove he is a good point man? Go and re-watch that move again before answering.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

The Eagle wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:Uyo stadium favors the Bafana bafana. Should we move to another stadium? :lol: :lol:
Since it seems we're allowed a little superstition, pls allow my own...
I'd say its not the stadium but definitely those freaking DARK GREEN JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
A really superstitious person would wonder if Pinnick "traded" our Nations Cup qualification for his NFF job.

PS: I am not superstitious o!
How would that work? Did they pay the goal keeper?
:lol:

Can I ask you a friendly question? I know you are Nigerian, but have you actually lived in Nigeria? Not "visited", but "lived"?
The Eagle, if not that one of your posts really impressed me, I for yab you taya.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

General Trousers wrote:
We need Mikel and Enyeama back - ASAP. We can beat South Africa away , 2 - 0. With Enyeama in goal, we can win on penalties.
You superstitious Nigerians. This is NOT the reason!

<
I guess we beat Algeria (and played better) in Asaba.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Dammy wrote: Do you operate in the spirit world? Has Keshi personally complained to you that I am not allowing him to rest in peace? If the answer is YES, then I fear for you but if it is NO, keep your emotions in check. this is a football forum and not Rave and Rant where you can let off your emotions. Stick to footballing issues.
Stupidity truly runs in your veins................you must have sh1t for brains :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

zee wrote:
Dammy wrote: Do you operate in the spirit world? Has Keshi personally complained to you that I am not allowing him to rest in peace? If the answer is YES, then I fear for you but if it is NO, keep your emotions in check. this is a football forum and not Rave and Rant where you can let off your emotions. Stick to footballing issues.
Stupidity truly runs in your veins................you must have sh1t for brains :lol: :lol: :lol:
Houseboy, you are your oga's mouthpiece. You were born stupid chimpanZEE. You brain is under your feet and you step on it everyday no wonder it is all mashed up mudafucka! :taunt:
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

olu wrote:It was a bad loss, but I have confidence that Rohr will get it right and make improvements in the next game. We can still qualify if we win our remaining games particularly the game in SA.
...aaaaaaami o! siddon look activated :blink:
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

chendosplastic wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:Uyo stadium favors the Bafana bafana. Should we move to another stadium? :lol: :lol:
Since it seems we're allowed a little superstition, pls allow my own...
I'd say its not the stadium but definitely those freaking DARK GREEN JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
A really superstitious person would wonder if Pinnick "traded" our Nations Cup qualification for his NFF job.

PS: I am not superstitious o!
How would that work? Did they pay the goal keeper?
:lol:

Can I ask you a friendly question? I know you are Nigerian, but have you actually lived in Nigeria? Not "visited", but "lived"?
The Eagle, if not that one of your posts really impressed me, I for yab you taya.
Wetin I do na? :) I jus dey follow Oloye and Damunk dey joke, haba.

No vex, I don learn my lesson. I no go join bad gang again. :lol:
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:Do you operate in the spirit world? Has Keshi personally complained to you that I am not allowing him to rest in peace? If the answer is YES, then I fear for you but if it is NO, keep your emotions in check. this is a football forum and not Rave and Rant where you can let off your emotions. Stick to footballing issues.
And what about stating the FACTS (not feelings, mind you) that Keshi NEVER lost to SA home or away (and actually BEAT SA away) or that he WON the ANC title (as much as I am sure you would like to forget that FACT) is not a "footballing issue"?! One would think that now you have your much-beloved Oyinbo coach that your primordial native sensibilities would be sated (as you estactically celebrate the great accomplishment of the color of his...er...passport), but your desperation to sully Keshi's reputation even in death apparently knows no bounds of basic human decency.

Spirit world ko, alcoholic spirit ni! :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

We need Enyeama, Victor Moses and Mikel....If Enyeama comes back, I will allow the team to play in Uyo again... :D
If Enyeama comes to Asaba, we will give him a chieftaincy and a young damsel... :D
Obong wrote:
General Trousers wrote:
You superstitious Nigerians. This is NOT the reason!

<
I guess we beat Algeria (and played better) in Asaba.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This team isn't good..since 2013, we've gotten worse...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Orion wrote:We've always struggled to qualify for the AFCON in non-Wold Cup years. Now that the qualification process has been split entirely this difficulty has become even more apparent.

I believe they'll do better in the WCQers. We'll beat Cameroon in Nigeria and that'll put paid to their qualification hopes.
Menh! We are not talking about Cameroon here, we are talking about out loss to South Africa and at our home, please.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It shows how much South Africa has changed that I did a double take when I saw their only white player Dean Furman. 25 years ago they had a lot of white players like Fish, Vonk etc.