WHO IS WATCHING MEXICO VS USA:

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHO IS WATCHING MEXICO VS USA:

Post by kolinzo »

If USA must to go deep in WC Brad Guzan can't be the goalie. No way!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Time to (been time for years) to move on from the Jozy Neverscores 'era'
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Synopsis wrote:One loss and eveyone goes crazy.
It's not because we lost. It's the way we lost.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Naijans in Yankee: US vs Mexico at the Azteca

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Organization: US has a great edge over Nigeria. No doubt about that.

Coaching: Not so sure.

Players: Nigeria edges the US on aggregate.

Summary: The USA have never lost to Nigeria at the senior level.

US 3-2 Nigeria 1995 US Cup

US 2-1 Nigeria 2014 friendly
In the game you mentioned which I highlighted, we (Nigeria) didn't go with our full squad. I hope you remember, but yeah, we lost.

I looked through the FIFA website for the game result and it didn't say Nigeria lost but they did not use their full squad.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

They are. They have made the final 16 of every WC since 1994. Germany, France and Spain cannot boast of the same. In addition, they made the Q/F in '86.
TheHitman47 wrote:I will honestly say that Mexico is the best national team outside of Europe and South America.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

DIMKA76 wrote:

Kpom. Watching the mexico vs US game and compare that to the dross on display in uyo. See how Mexico and US were just zipping fast sharp passes and moving off the ball, making runs and giving each other options to receive the ball. All we did was move horizontally time and time agian.

I tire.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

TheHitman47 wrote:I will honestly say that Mexico is the best national team outside of Europe and South America.
Oh Mexico! I love the people, the food, the culture and especially their football, but they seem to have a mental block at the round of 16.

1994 WC - R16: Tied with Bulgaria at FT. Lost on PKs.

1998 WC - R16: Up against Germany 1-0. Missed many chances to make it 2 and then late goals by Klinsmann and Bierhoff knock them out.

2002 WC - R16: A sparkling Mexican squad, who beat Croatia in the 1st round, and completed a 22 pass move that led to a sizzling equalizer against Italy, tamely go out to their arch rivals USA 0-2. Dos a cero again.

2006 WC - R16: Tamely go out against a Tevez led Argentina 1-3.

2010 WC - R16: Crash out again against Argentina

2014 WC - R16: This has got to be the most painful. Up against the Netherlands 1-0. Missed many chances to make it 2 and then very late goals by Sneijder and an ojoro PK knock them out.

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

kolinzo wrote:If USA must to go deep in WC Brad Guzan can't be the goalie. No way!!
Who else? Tim Howard?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Oh Mexico! I love the people, the food, the culture and especially their football, but they seem to have a mental block at the round of 16.

1994 WC - R16: Tied with Bulgaria at FT. Lost on PKs.

1998 WC - R16: Up against Germany 1-0. Missed many chances to make it 2 and then late goals by Klinsmann and Bierhoff knock them out.

2002 WC - R16: A sparkling Mexican squad, who beat Croatia in the 1st round, and completed a 22 pass move that led to a sizzling equalizer against Italy, tamely go out to their arch rivals USA 0-2. Dos a cero again.

2006 WC - R16: Tamely go out against a Tevez led Argentina 1-3.

2010 WC - R16: Crash out again against Argentina

2014 WC - R16: This has got to be the most painful. Up against the Netherlands 1-0. Missed many chances to make it 2 and then very late goals by Sneijder and an ojoro PK knock them out.
...may be they have something akin to our SE mentally. The only 2x we were out at the round of 16 (94 & 98) we were the football power to be reckoned with in the world just like Mexico is now, and has been since.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

metalalloy wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:

Kpom. Watching the mexico vs US game and compare that to the dross on display in uyo. See how Mexico and US were just zipping fast sharp passes and moving off the ball, making runs and giving each other options to receive the ball. All we did was move horizontally time and time agian.

I tire.
And we didn't play good football in our previous matches?

[/video]

Our second goal was akin to Barcelona.
db10
Egg
Egg

Post by db10 »

metalalloy wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:

I tire.
Nuff said. No comparison.