SE 11 V CAMEROUN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE 11 V CAMEROUN

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is probably the most important game since we drew with Algeria in Algiers to qualify for wc 94. The rest, they say, is history. Had we not qualified there would never have been a SE vs Italy,Bulgaria or Argentina at the wc. We would never have had the golden generation that still impacts our football till today. It all started after gutsy performance in a do or die game in Algeria.

The game against cameroun is of enormous consequence. How would u roll out of the tunnel in uyo? Who are your soldiers?

I'd go with this team

Ikeme

Omeruo **********Balogun******Troost********Aina

Mikel*********Ndidi

Moses********Nacho******Success

********IDEYE*********
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: SE 11 V CAMEROUN

Post by Enyi »

Let me start off with ready made insults when the team loses.

Ediot, Wowo, shaaaaarap

Why start with Aina, base on what? He couldn't get on the Chelsea bench, Elderson was our best player against SA
We know that the omeruo experiment on the right doesn't not work why does this clueless coach keep persisting with it....
Mikel is too old to play DM, he needs Onazi by his side. Heck Onazi has been our best player in the past decade
I have been saying play Nwakali and Ajagun they are the best players we have now if not ever
Ideye can't score to save his life......

Shall I continue?......

Only the coach watches these guys train, eat sleep......let him make his own suggestions and as long as we have someone that picks players based on merit, am happy cos, I hope in the long run, it will set a precedent for our coaches to come...,.local or foreign.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is probably the most important game since we drew with Algeria in Algiers to qualify for wc 94. The rest, they say, is history. Had we not qualified there would never have been a SE vs Italy,Bulgaria or Argentina at the wc. We would never have had the golden generation that still impacts our football till today. It all started after gutsy performance in a do or die game in Algeria.

The game against cameroun is of enormous consequence. How would u roll out of the tunnel in uyo? Who are your soldiers?

I'd go with this team

Ikeme

Mikel*********Ndidi

********IDEYE*********
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA! If no be say you be my paddy, I for don begin cos you. The loose of yestadey nefa comot for bodi, you don dey carri anoda wahala dey com? Abeg, make you no do dis tin again-o, abeg.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

One thing I noticed we had too many small weak players out there.

We need bigger more physical yet TECHNICAL players which is why I am very big on Success but he needs to cut out his annoying diving act.
malamax
Egg
Egg

Post by malamax »

Yesterday was an indication of not just poor selection but most importantly lack of mental toughness. Cameroon are a very proud football country who do what it takes to win and have a culture of powerful dominance. They have played a lot of big games and are more dangerous on the road where they have won all their trophies. Does that mean eagles can't beat them? Ofcourse not...but eagles have to go back to the mindset of their winning days and put aside the distraction of fame and fortune. Before every game,Cameroonian legends assemble in the dressing room to remind the team what they represent and to maintain the rich tradition. It's bigger than any one player. The eagles camp right now is like starting over again...why? They were champions not too long ago and have been in the bast both in the continent and the world stage.
ataka
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is probably the most important game since we drew with Algeria in Algiers to qualify for wc 94. The rest, they say, is history. Had we not qualified there would never have been a SE vs Italy,Bulgaria or Argentina at the wc. We would never have had the golden generation that still impacts our football till today. It all started after gutsy performance in a do or die game in Algeria.

I'd go with this team

Ikeme

Mikel*********Ndidi

********IDEYE*********
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA! If no be say you be my paddy, I for don begin cos you. The loose of yestadey nefa comot for bodi, you don dey carri anoda wahala dey com? Abeg, make you no do dis tin again-o, abeg.
I'm not in the least bit worried about the loss to SA, it forces his hand to go in the direction I believe this generation of SE needs to go. We need power,pace,skill and attitude to reach our goal. Starting Iwobi,Moses and nacho up front might work against Spain or England but it won't in Africa. Infact, I'm happy we lost this game instead of losing to Cameroun at home and having to recover in a few days.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enyi wrote:Let me start off with ready made insults when the team loses.

Ediot, Wowo, shaaaaarap

Why start with Aina, base on what? He couldn't get on the Chelsea bench, Elderson was our best player against SA
We know that the omeruo experiment on the right doesn't not work why does this clueless coach keep persisting with it....
Mikel is too old to play DM, he needs Onazi by his side. Heck Onazi has been our best player in the past decade
I have been saying play Nwakali and Ajagun they are the best players we have now if not ever
Ideye can't score to save his life......

Shall I continue?......

Only the coach watches these guys train, eat sleep......let him make his own suggestions and as long as we have someone that picks players based on merit, am happy cos, I hope in the long run, it will set a precedent for our coaches to come...,.local or foreign.....

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You should have added this ... I have been saying that JJ should be recalled. If he had played, it would have been an easy win.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Aina at LB? Isaac Success? what a joke lol

I'd go with this team

Ikeme

Mikel*********Ndidi

********IDEYE*********
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Ikeme

Omeruo **********Balogun******Troost********Uwa

Ugo*********Ndidi

Moses********Mikel******Nacho

********IDEYE*********

lets just go back to experience power and reliability - for Cameroon-

Ikeme Moses Balogun and Mikel just have to fit and the 4 Main Key players for Eagles going forward.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

walesvilla wrote:Ikeme

Ugo*********Ndidi

********IDEYE*********

Ikeme Moses Balogun and Mikel just have to fit and the 4 Main Key players for Eagles going forward.

Ndidi is not ready for SE, a midfield of mikel, onazi, etebo/ogu will suffice, iwobi has the quality but he needs quality players to understand his vision. an attack of Victor Moses, iheanacho and iwobi will suffice
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mikel is a must, Leon is a must( anytime bobo no dey the defense is a joke) Ikeme is a must, Ideye is a must, VicMO is a must. I could careless of the rest
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

walesvilla wrote:Ikeme

Ugo*********Ndidi

********IDEYE*********

UAW is past his best. Omeruo at RB is a disaster waiting to happen. No pace, slow reaction!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ikeme

Mikel*********Ndidi

Moses********Nacho******Iwobi

********IDEYE********
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm shocked people are still including Uwa in our line up, that dude is done and offers nothing, at this point we have to raise questions as to what happened to Aina? hasn't Fifa cleared his switch yet? maybe we should give Moruf a chance(I expected Rohr to debut him against South Africa)...and we have too many defensive minded players in that midfield....the onazi/Etebo/Ndidi experiment can't work, it can't create chances that will fetch us goals! we need more attacking minded midfielders, maybe playing Iwobi in that role with Mikel might work, the likes of Nwakali, Ajagun, Aluko are creative midfielders as well..no more to ball hustlers, we need cerebral players.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Synopsis wrote:Ikeme

Mikel*********Ndidi

Moses********Nacho******Iwobi

********IDEYE********
Nice squad if all fit.just hope Iwobi will drop and help uwa .did anyone notice little face off between the 2 in 1st half . Or was it just me
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Ikeme

Omeruo **********Balogun******Troost********Youssef(Zamalek)

Mikel*********Ndidi

Ohawuchi(Zamalek)********Ogu******Moses

********IDEYE********
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Except that by the time the game comes around, some of these players will be unavailable for selection due to injury, club issues, loss of form, divorce, famly wahala, or because they got lost on their way to the stadium.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I can't believe we will field a bunch of butter inexperienced boys and expect thrilling results, even Ghana despite fielding young players didn't make that mistake of omitting experience.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

MIkel, Moses, Balogun, Eyeama/ Ikeme must be there.

If Ideye chopped bench against Algeria for Nacho, he would more likely chop bench again. Its not as if he's strenght is like Drogba's that it would make a world of difference. Against Zambia, they chanced him twice.

I think Kayode would get the nod. He was built for that position, he is fast, strong, tireless and can score.

Success i love, but would he be fit?

Finally, you cant bring in more than 2 new players to the starting 11 due to team chemistry.

***************Ikeme/Eyeama******************

***Omeruo***Balogun****Troost****Elderson

***********Ndidi/Onazi****Mikel (CM)************

*******************Etebo***************

***Moses***********Kayode************Iwobi/Simon/Onyekuru

OR

*************Ikeme/Eyeama******************

***Omeruo***Balogun****Troost****Elderson

**************Ndidi/Onazi****************

****Etebo*********Mikel*************

***********Nacho/Ahmed Musa (Support Striker)
****************Kayode/Nacho**********Moses

With the second formation, we don't have a striker isolated. Etebo plays right midfield and moses comes in from the left wing or vice versa.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I'd go with this team

Ikeme

Mikel*********Ndidi

********IDEYE*********
For leaving out Onazi and Iwobi from the 11, and for pulling Nacho back behind the main striker, thank you. :thumb:
BTW I am not sure of Aina and Success. Success appears to be a supersub type of player, not a starter.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

----------------------------Ikeme---------------------------------------------------

Aina---------------Balogun-----------------Ekong---------------------Echiejile---------

------------------------Mikel--------------------Ndidi-------------------------------

---------------------------------------Etebo--------------------------------------------

----------Iwobi---------------------Iheanacho---------------------- V Moses---------
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:----------------------------Ikeme---------------------------------------------------

Aina---------------Balogun-----------------Ekong---------------------Echiejile---------

------------------------Mikel--------------------Ndidi-------------------------------

---------------------------------------Etebo--------------------------------------------

----------Iwobi---------------------Iheanacho---------------------- V Moses---------

Nacho and Iwobi both had zero attempts on goal against a well organized other average SA defense. Against a very good well organized cameroun defense they will be pocketed so easily that they might score own goals.
OCCUPY NFF!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Iwobi may not be ready yet, but at the moment I don't see any better options for him. However Etebo and Iwobi should be fighting for one spot. Long term I expect Kelechi Nwakali to own the AM position. Also due to his freekick ability.

Iheanacho must be a starter, but we must play to his strengths - winger, second striker or AM. Not playing him is like not playing Neymar or Mbappe. Madness. This is our true World Class level talent and we need to treat him as such.