Liverpool to sign Dominic Solanke from Chelsea

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool to sign Dominic Solanke from Chelsea

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
Prince wrote:Txj is right, youth football stats don't mean anything, Harry Kane wasn't even top in Tottenham neither was Rashford
Since when did scoring 26 goals in the championship division qualify as 'youth' games? FYI, Tammy played at Bristol City last season, and they barely survived in large part due to his goals. The point being it wasn't a good team but he still put up good numbers. I highly doubt that Solanke scores double digits in the championship division at this point in their development talk less of 26 but whatever.

@txj, I've seen both players and stats aside it's obvious who the bigger talent is. Forget about the stats,Tammys upside is incredible. I do agree that he is still raw but that is expected of a teen-ager. But in terms of end product, Tammy has passed every test so far and with flying colours. Now that is something that you can hang your coat on.

That's simply not how you assess youth players..and I've seen both play. I will not compare them esp not wrt head to head stats.

Like Prince noted above, Kane's stats from the championship was nothing to write home about. Hopefully they will both come good...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
Prince wrote:Txj is right, youth football stats don't mean anything, Harry Kane wasn't even top in Tottenham neither was Rashford
Since when did scoring 26 goals in the championship division qualify as 'youth' games? FYI, Tammy played at Bristol City last season, and they barely survived in large part due to his goals. The point being it wasn't a good team but he still put up good numbers. I highly doubt that Solanke scores double digits in the championship division at this point in their development talk less of 26 but whatever.

@txj, I've seen both players and stats aside it's obvious who the bigger talent is. Forget about the stats,Tammys upside is incredible. I do agree that he is still raw but that is expected of a teen-ager. But in terms of end product, Tammy has passed every test so far and with flying colours. Now that is something that you can hang your coat on.

That's simply not how you assess youth players..and I've seen both play. I will not compare them esp not wrt head to head stats.

Like Prince noted above, Kane's stats from the championship was nothing to write home about. Hopefully they will both come good...
Personally I would have preferred Tammy Abraham who looks set to go on loan to Newcastle. Lets see how he performs in the big league. Solanke is also a very good talent like you say hopefully they will both go on to be great players.
YNWA
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Newcastle United secure loan deal for highly promising Chelsea striker

by David Pasztor@D_Peezy Jun 2, 2017, 6:02am BST

Tammy Abraham has passed his first test in professional football with flying colors, to say the least, helping Bristol City survive in the Championship while scoring more goals than all but one player in the division. Now, he’s set for a sterner test next season, with a loan move to a Premier League side beckoning.

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea youngster Tammy Abraham on verge of joining Newcastle on loan http://dailym.ai/2rvDTH6
10:05 PM - 1 Jun 2017

According to the Mail, that side may just be newly promoted Newcastle United, who have been linked with the 19-year-old since the end of the season proper. They aren’t the only team potentially interested, but they have apparently stolen a beat on all the rest, perhaps due to the connection between the Chelsea Board and current Magpies boss Rafa Benitez. The Interim One led Newcastle straight back into the top tier after relegation last season.

Abraham could be a good fit for the side north of The Wall, where there’s currently a dearth of proven Premier League-level goalscorers. While Dwight Gayle scored exactly as many goals as Abraham in the Championship last season (23), he’s never been a prolific scorer at Premier League level (15 in three seasons for Crystal Palace). United’s other striker options currently consist of a disappointing Aleksandar Mitrović, a disappointing Sammy Ameobi, and a well past his best and even at his best not quite good enough for the Premier League Daryl Murphy. Those three also have a combined 15 goals between them in more matches than I care to count at top level.

Basically, Abraham would have a tremendous opportunity to stake a claim, either as a lone forward or in a partnership with Gayle to help the Magpies stay in the division next season. This just might be the best option for him at the moment.

Read more:
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/ ... astle-loan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4isMgWcOE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Solanke’s upbringing as a young player will have instilled that pre-requisite to work hard. Former youth coach at Chelsea Adi Viveash told Bate he believes the striker is among the finest he has worked with.

“I have been very lucky as I have worked with some very talented players. But Dominic is right up there at the top of that list. He is an outstanding footballer.

“He’s intelligent and has great movement. He plays like a No. 9 and a No. 10 put together.

“Without being disrespectful, he reminds me of Teddy Sheringham but quicker.”

It’s high praise, but being a prospect only takes you so far. Viveash is aware that Solanke has to now push on, using his success with England’s under-20s as a springboard.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/06/c ... gn=webpush

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

My worry is wrt Solanke supposed wage demands of 50k per week without achieving anything. Does he possess the hunger?**

**Withdrawn by Telegraph.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tammy Abraham remains coy on future, reflects on season, looks ahead of U21 Euros

Tammy Abraham’s breakout season with Bristol City in the Championship means that his next step is all the more important. It is unclear whether staying with Chelsea is an option in the wake of the unfolding Diego Costa exit saga and rumours of Michy Batshuayi heading out on loan, but we do know that newly-promoted Premier League sides Newcastle United and Brighton and Hove Albion both would like to sign him on loan for the upcoming season. If reports are to be believed, Abraham has been deliberating on his decision for a while now, with Newcastle offering playing time in the first-team and to pay all his wages (which are expected to be at least doubled after Abraham signs a new deal with Chelsea), while Brighton in recent times have also matched Newcastle’s offer. Brighton’s proximity to London could also play a role in Abraham’s decision.

In the more immediate future though, Abraham is set to compete in the European U21 Championships, along with fellow Chelsea players Lewis Baker and Nathaniel Chalobah and a former Blue as well in John Swift. Ahead of the tournament, Tammy spoke to the Daily Mail about his season, his future and the Euro itself.

“I'm not sure what I'm doing next season, if I'm coming back, going elsewhere on loan or staying at Chelsea. I haven't decided yet. You have to stay open and things may come at different times but I have to dream big and that's what I'm going to be doing.”
Abraham looked back fondly at his time at Bristol, and was grateful to them for showing faith in him, also reflecting on what he’s learnt in the past year.

“I've enjoyed living by myself in the past nine months. I was used to my mum's cooking before - although my cooking is still rubbish.”

When I first came to Bristol, knowing it was Championship football, playing against experienced men, I knew it would be tough. You'd be hard pressed to find players as tall as me at academy level but that all changed when I came here. I had to adapt some parts of my game. I feel like I've learnt so much. You see how much winning and losing games matters.”

“The club has given me my first chance to express myself and show what I can do. For a team to have that belief in me is amazing. I wouldn't say it's been better than I'd been expected but scoring goals is always what I've loved doing. I had the right mindset as well.”

With Marcus Rashford called up to the senior squad instead, Abraham will be relied upon heavily to lead England’s attack. The 19-year-old is full of confidence heading into Friday’s opener against Poland Sweden.

“It's going to be tough but our aim is to win and do the best we can. I wouldn't say we're under pressure but we are going to do our best.”

“I have confidence going into it but it's never going to be easy. Hopefully I've done enough this season to get into the team. If I have, I'll work as hard as I can. It's still my ambition to be at the top level, and be playing for England - especially like a competition like the World Cup. You know there are other players out there, but to be picked for England it shows you are doing something right. It's a good feeling.”

“I've spoken to Gareth a couple of times, even before my 21s debut and he said to keep working hard and to do my best. He likes to be there for the players, he's been massive for us because he believes in the Under 21s as well.”

- Tammy Abraham; source: Daily Mail
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/ ... -under-21s
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The most significant take out are the last two paragraphs which you didn't highlight, oddly...
“I have confidence going into it but it's never going to be easy. Hopefully I've done enough this season to get into the team. If I have, I'll work as hard as I can. It's still my ambition to be at the top level, and be playing for England - especially like a competition like the World Cup. You know there are other players out there, but to be picked for England it shows you are doing something right. It's a good feeling.

“I've spoken to Gareth a couple of times, even before my 21s debut and he said to keep working hard and to do my best. He likes to be there for the players, he's been massive for us because he believes in the Under 21s as well.”
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chelsea will be asking between 8M and 10M for Solanke. Winning the u20 WC just increased his value by 2M. If both teams can't come to some agreement, the case will go to tribunal.

I would say make them dabaru am make Solanke remain at Chelsea.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Solanke up and running with debut goal vs Palace.

More to come hopefully...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Well taken goal by Solanke. A goal scorer's kind of goal. Movement, awareness of space, placement...

Hertha 0 LFC 1

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

First sight of Ovie Ejaria in preseason.

Controlled and classy performance...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Still need a midfielder now that the Keita deal has gone dead. And also a CB. I don't think holding out for VVD is a great idea...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:Still need a midfielder now that the Keita deal has gone dead. And also a CB. I don't think holding out for VVD is a great idea...

Quite disappointing the turn the transfer season has suddenly taken for LFC.

Was quite confident they could win the PL with all their targets signed up. Now not so sure. Keita is a huge miss...more so than VVD...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Definitely, if they landed all their targets and keep Coutinho they'd be challengers.

Interesting to see who they turn to now the Keita deal has gone dead.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Still need a midfielder now that the Keita deal has gone dead. And also a CB. I don't think holding out for VVD is a great idea...

Was quite confident they could win the PL with all their targets signed up. Now not so sure. Keita is a huge miss...more so than VVD...
Yes, a club that hast won a league title in more than 2 decades and has NEVER won the PL, will suddenly just in the PL. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You should be more concerned with Coutinho going to Barcelona than wining the league
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Danfo relax no need exposing people
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

Yes, a club that hast won a league title in more than 2 decades and has NEVER won the PL, will suddenly just in the PL. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You should be more concerned with Coutinho going to Barcelona than wining the league
I though Leicester suddenly won it recently, anything is possible, why pour san san for the guys garri? :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:Definitely, if they landed all their targets and keep Coutinho they'd be challengers.

Interesting to see who they turn to now the Keita deal has gone dead.
Not really worried about Phillipe leaving...Hopefully they can sort things out with Soton on VVD...

And I doubt they'll be looking for an alternative to keita. Maybe a short term option like a loan deal for Renato Sanchez...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Another well taken goal by Solanke. LFC 3: Bilbao 1