Sampaoli's appointment to coach Argentina

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sampaoli's appointment to coach Argentina

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, this guy Sampaoli is one of the few coaches in the world that truly makes a difference. His appointment to coach Argentina should make a BIG BIG difference in the coming months. I rarely praise coaches as significant contributors but this is truly one of the few difference makers.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Sampaoli's appointment to coach Argentina

Post by YUJAM »

He is very good having coached Chile to a Copa. Think he was hampered by lack of depth at Sevilla
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hope he failed with Argentina,
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

YUJAM wrote:He is very good having coached Chile to a Copa. Think he was hampered by lack of depth at Sevilla
Depth is one thing however few sides have the depth that his style demands for the course of a European season. If they'd stayed healthy and focused, they'd have been really tough. I actually thought Sevilla had a decent squad this year including bench guys. Someone like Ganso barely factored. It was usually same case with Bielsa.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Queen Futcha no go gree persin rest now.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:Queen Futcha no go gree persin rest now.
Sampaoli gone. Monchi gone. These are rough waters for the Andalusians.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Does that mean that our husband Argentina will be in Russia next year to issue more beatings? Please say it ain't so! :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

YUJAM wrote:He is very good having coached Chile to a Copa. Think he was hampered by lack of depth at Sevilla
He was hampered by being a hot head, better suited for being a national team manager. Good riddance.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Queen Futcha no go gree persin rest now.
Sampaoli gone. Monchi gone. These are rough waters for the Andalusians.
Nonsense, Barizzo>>>>>Sampaoli
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

Good manager but i do not think that the fit is right. Argentina is top heavy and will struggle defensively. If he does not get it right, it will be a disaster.

Their problem is their FA not the Manager. Keep in mind they almost quit the copa Togo WC style last year. They had elections last year with an odd number of total votes. Yet the 2 candidates ended with a tie and every one voted.
platinum wrote:
Depth is one thing however few sides have the depth that his style demands for the course of a European season. If they'd stayed healthy and focused, they'd have been really tough. I actually thought Sevilla had a decent squad this year including bench guys. Someone like Ganso barely factored. It was usually same case with Bielsa.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Olayemi14 wrote:Good manager but i do not think that the fit is right. Argentina is top heavy and will struggle defensively. If he does not get it right, it will be a disaster.

Their problem is their FA not the Manager. Keep in mind they almost quit the copa Togo WC style last year. They had elections last year with an odd number of total votes. Yet the 2 candidates ended with a tie and every one voted.
platinum wrote:
KPOM! However, S. American qualification history, I give the 2018 WC, to Argentina or Chile if they qualify. There is always Germany of course.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Even with that he did a magnificent job at Sevilla. The surprise loss to Leicester and the speculation about this Argentina job was the turning point. They were top of laliga at some point.
yes o
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Kabalega wrote:
Olayemi14 wrote:Good manager but i do not think that the fit is right. Argentina is top heavy and will struggle defensively. If he does not get it right, it will be a disaster.

platinum wrote:
KPOM! However, S. American qualification history, I give the 2018 WC, to Argentina or Chile if they qualify. There is always Germany of course.
No, the 2018 WC belongs to Italia. You heard it here first.

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

platinum wrote:
No, the 2018 WC belongs to Italia. You heard it here first.
I don't think so! They are super light up front. They would have to unearth some young forwards better than the likes of Zaza and keep Buffon, to win it.

They could also do what Spain has done recently and stack the forward lines with MFs.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Wasn't it two COPAs back to back?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

theYemster wrote:
Wasn't it two COPAs back to back?

Second Copa was won by Pizzi.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Anybody watch Sampaoli and Argentina murder a hapless Singapore. Sometimes appearing to play a 2-3-5!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:Anybody watch Sampaoli and Argentina murder a hapless Singapore. Sometimes appearing to play a 2-3-5!
Are you serious? He has some balls, though of course it is Singapore.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

More astonishing are his two sleeves of ink. Crikey, when did that happen?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

platinum wrote:
That must be one hell of a vote count. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cito wrote:

platinum wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

lol. I wonder what would have happened if it ended in a 40-36 win. They will probably write off the additional vote as immaterial i.e. NMNFIN -Not material no further investigation needed.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer ... 8S20151204
Cito wrote:

platinum wrote:
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Does that mean that our husband Argentina will be in Russia next year to issue more beatings? Please say it ain't so! :curse:
No doubt. I see us in the same group with them again if we qualify.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"