Rohr should be queried over South Africa-

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Rohr should be queried over South Africa-

Post by ohenhen1 »

The return leg is a must win. It is a national disgrace. It is weird losing to South Africa.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr should be queried over South Africa-

Post by oloye »

When is the return leg sef?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

This loss really pain wuna. :) If Mikel na dey saviour, then SE should really kiss the WC good bye.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:When is the return leg sef?
a year from now, after the worldcup in Russia
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The guy definitely needs to be queried to explain why he blatantly refused to feature our most prolific scorer in Europe instead played bench warming ,fringe and inconsequential players in their various clubs. If the guy is incapable of using our best players he should resign . Nobody goes to war without his best armaments. An excuse you don't how to use them is absolutely unacceptable.NFF has provided him all the resources to be successful but he failed because of his incompetence,fecklessness and ineptness.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Whatever happened to Onyekuru and Bazee? heck I wish he started Moruf yusuf at LB over Echejilie who was for lack of a better word atrocious on the day, even the formation Rohr used was questionable...who in this right mind wouldn't have seen that Ihenacho was utterly helpess as a lone striker? yet it took Rohr up till the 70thmin to make adjustments...
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

See how France is using Sidibe , Dembele and Mbappe . Somebody foolishly telling me Onyekuru , Nwakali and Imoh are inexperienced. The fool needs to be fired because of incompetence and ineptness before it is too late. From all indications the inane lacks what it takes to coach a team in the class of SE. If he can't harness the potentials of best players he needs to leave . We can tolerate such an insipid performance we saw last Saturday. It is absolutely unacceptable and uncalled for.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

why should Rohr be questioned? Those who employed him should be the ones answering queries.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bully12 wrote: The guy definitely needs to be queried to explain why he blatantly refused to feature our most prolific scorer in Europe instead played bench warming ,fringe and inconsequential players in their various clubs. If the guy is incapable of using our best players he should resign . Nobody goes to war without his best armaments. An excuse you don't how to use them is absolutely unacceptable.NFF has provided him all the resources to be successful but he failed because of his incompetence,fecklessness and ineptness.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: As days go by, I am finding it hard to shake-off the loss. What was the coach thinking? Did he think the "bench warmers " in their clubs are going to earn us victory?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:why should Rohr be questioned? Those who employed him should be the ones answering queries.
The coach has done well until now and while I thank him for the past results, it will be good to know what his reasons were for doing what he did. Perhaps, his players simply collapsed and disappointed him in general.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

The guy is doing his job...collecting $ while sabatoging our chances...isn't this what many of you guys wanted
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Enough already................Get over it and move on to the next game.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rohr accepts NFF technical committee to vet his Eagles call-ups
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/06/13/r ... -call-ups/
By admin - June 13, 2017120 0

Gernot Rohr has accepted for the NFF technical committee to vet his call-ups to the Super Eagles henceforth as was the tradition with previous national team coaches.

SCORENigeria gathered this was one of the decisions taken when Rohr faced the committee in Abuja today.

“Some of the undeserving players lined up against South Africa at the weekend would not have scaled the committee had this arrangement being in place,” a top official told SCORENigeria

“Can you imagine a player from a ‘B’ team in Europe starting an official game for Nigeria in this day and age?”

It was further gathered that sports minister Solomon Dalung was shocked when he was told by officials that the technical committee have failed to sit ever since Rohr was appointed in July 2016.

Dalung has now ordered that all those saddled with responsibilities be allowed to discharge their duties for efficiency

Rohr told the committee the fact that the team did not train with the official match balls affected the team on Saturday in Uyo.

He also said he was missing skipper Mikel Obi, defender Leon Balogun, goalkeeper Carl Ikeme and Victor Moses, but he hopes they will all return in time for the World Cup qualifier against Cameroon.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

bully12 wrote:The guy definitely needs to be queried to explain why he blatantly refused to feature our most prolific scorer in Europe instead played bench warming ,fringe and inconsequential players in their various clubs. If the guy is incapable of using our best players he should resign . Nobody goes to war without his best armaments. An excuse you don't how to use them is absolutely unacceptable.NFF has provided him all the resources to be successful but he failed because of his incompetence,fecklessness and ineptness.
Una don pay am him salary? If uno no pay am, SA go pay am.
Striker
Egg
Egg

Post by Striker »

Looking at the game, it seems we were outcoached. If it had been a Nigerian coach, we will be inundated with how South Africa out coached us? What do you guys think?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Striker wrote:Looking at the game, it seems we were outcoached. If it had been a Nigerian coach, we will be inundated with how South Africa out coached us? What do you guys think?
Local based vs Foreign based debate on CE.

My stance as always been we must get the best coach available, don't care if it is local based or foreign based. But many Nigerians think everything foreign is better. They don't value the local league. They don't value the local coaches. Local coaches don't get paid and are treated like thrash. But the oyinbo man salary is guaranteed and treated well.

Rohr is an average coach, should have never been appointed. But what is done is done. We must support the team and hope for the best.

The sad reality is we will not learn anything from this experience.

Nigeria must develop the local league and appreciate local coaches. No country has won the World cup without a strong domestic league.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bully12 wrote:The guy definitely needs to be queried to explain why he blatantly refused to feature our most prolific scorer in Europe instead played bench warming ,fringe and inconsequential players in their various clubs. If the guy is incapable of using our best players he should resign . Nobody goes to war without his best armaments. An excuse you don't how to use them is absolutely unacceptable.NFF has provided him all the resources to be successful but he failed because of his incompetence,fecklessness and ineptness.
I suggest the query should be on a double spaced, A4 paper, of 8 x 11.5 inches...

Font should be Times Roman.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Striker wrote:Looking at the game, it seems we were outcoached. If it had been a Nigerian coach, we will be inundated with how South Africa out coached us? What do you guys think?

My stance as always been we must get the best coach available, don't care if it is local based or foreign based. But many Nigerians think everything foreign is better. They don't value the local league. They don't value the local coaches. Local coaches don't get paid and are treated like thrash. But the oyinbo man salary is guaranteed and treated well.

Rohr is an average coach, should have never been appointed. But what is done is done. We must support the team and hope for the best.

Nigeria must develop the local league and appreciate local coaches. No country has won the World cup without a strong domestic league.
Ohenhen1,

I rarely have commented on this issue of having a strong domestic league. Let me comment now. I believe that the highlighted is a dangerous interpretation of statistics. First, while it is true that no country has won the WC without a strong domestic league, it is important to examine what difference exists between those countries and Nigeria. All the countries who have a strong local domestic league and have won the world cup also have their best talents at home playing in the local leagues. In Nigeria's case, I do not know that there is anyone who will argue against the conclusion that Nigeria's top players mostly play abroad. Thus, developing your local league without having your top players playing in it means that you do not satisfy the statistical condition for winning the WC. What I am getting at is the following requirement for winning the WC: (1) a strong domestic league, (2) Having your top players playing in that league, (3) Perhaps other yet to mentioned conditions. In essence, the recipe is not just #1 but requires multiple other factors.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Ohenhen1,

I rarely have commented on this issue of having a strong domestic league. Let me comment now. I believe that the highlighted is a dangerous interpretation of statistics. First, while it is true that no country has won the WC without a strong domestic league, it is important to examine what difference exists between those countries and Nigeria. All the countries who have a strong local domestic league and have won the world cup also have their best talents at home playing in the local leagues. In Nigeria's case, I do not know that there is anyone who will argue against the conclusion that Nigeria's top players mostly play abroad. Thus, developing your local league without having your top players playing in it means that you do not satisfy the statistical condition for winning the WC. What I am getting at is the following requirement for winning the WC: (1) a strong domestic league, (2) Having your top players playing in that league, (3) Perhaps other yet to mentioned conditions. In essence, the recipe is not just #1 but requires multiple other factors.
Why don't they want to stay home and play in Nigeria?

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:
Rohr accepts NFF technical committee to vet his Eagles call-ups
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/06/13/r ... -call-ups/
By admin - June 13, 2017120 0

Gernot Rohr has accepted for the NFF technical committee to vet his call-ups to the Super Eagles henceforth as was the tradition with previous national team coaches.

SCORENigeria gathered this was one of the decisions taken when Rohr faced the committee in Abuja today.

“Some of the undeserving players lined up against South Africa at the weekend would not have scaled the committee had this arrangement being in place,” a top official told SCORENigeria

“Can you imagine a player from a ‘B’ team in Europe starting an official game for Nigeria in this day and age?”

It was further gathered that sports minister Solomon Dalung was shocked when he was told by officials that the technical committee have failed to sit ever since Rohr was appointed in July 2016.

Dalung has now ordered that all those saddled with responsibilities be allowed to discharge their duties for efficiency

Rohr told the committee the fact that the team did not train with the official match balls affected the team on Saturday in Uyo.

He also said he was missing skipper Mikel Obi, defender Leon Balogun, goalkeeper Carl Ikeme and Victor Moses, but he hopes they will all return in time for the World Cup qualifier against Cameroon.
yes he missed 4 starters, but playing the likes of Awazie, Shehu, Simon Moses , adn that pathetic Akpeyi should never happen , these players aren't good enough for the SE at this moment, they only dominate in youth football.. it was shocking watching all the work done vs the likes of Algeria and ZAmbia go down the drain..it is also very painful to watch the SE get humiliated by SA like that in Nigeria..if the game was away i would accept it, but you don't start dropping points at home and then expect to qualify ..for goodness sake we've missed 3 AFCONS in 5 years. 2012, 2015, 2017... shocking ..are you telling me we can't be among the top 16 on the continent?
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wale1974 wrote:Enough already................Get over it and move on to the next game.
dude get the heck out of here
SuperEagles

Striker
Egg
Egg

Post by Striker »

Ohenhen1 and Enugu II, your points are well stated and are facts. Could it be that NFF are not able to put together a marketing outfit that can go out and solicit sponsorship/raising fund to help defray salaries for better players as an incentive to come back home and play. The big time oil magnets, networks (GLO, MTN etc) and others can be persuaded to help but the question is can the NFF be reliable to account for the generated funds.
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

I really like the idea of strengthening our domestic league. In this way we can have a sizeable number of SE players based locally, to develop team cohesion, and then we can add a few foreign-based. I am also in favor of building up our local coaches or as Pinnick will say "building capacity". We should really stop employing foreign coaches . Nigeria should lead the way in encouraging local African coaches.