Can The NFF install grass at the Telsim Balogun Stadium?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: Can The NFF install grass at the Telsim Balogun Stadium?

Post by folem »

felarey wrote:I agree, the SE needs to play in Lagos, 20+ yrs and no SE loss in Surulere (national stadium). I'd like to see that team that will beat SE 2 kondo in Lagos.
In 2004, Nigeria lost to Senegal 0-1 in LG Cup final.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

folem wrote:
felarey wrote:I agree, the SE needs to play in Lagos, 20+ yrs and no SE loss in Surulere (national stadium). I'd like to see that team that will beat SE 2 kondo in Lagos.
In 2004, Nigeria lost to Senegal 0-1 in LG Cup final.
Ok but when was the last loss before that?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

airwolex wrote:
maceo4 wrote:I remember Cameroon beating us in Lagos with JJ, Finidi, Kanu, Ikpeba (SE's best ever striker) etc...so no be stadium o, let Rohr do his job mschew!
Bros, I'm not saying they must come to Lagos but that UYO crowd no be am. It was as if they were in Church. Dem no like football for Akwa Ibom?
The "Uyo crowd" comprised of fans from Calabar, Aba, Port Harcourt, Owerri, Umuahia, other neighboring towns, and the many that flew in or drove in from Lagos and Abuja including the full-strength Supporters Club. When we are all done with the excuses, we'll address the apparent weaknesses of the team.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

maceo4 wrote:I remember Cameroon beating us in Lagos with JJ, Finidi, Kanu, Ikpeba (SE's best ever striker) etc...so no be stadium o, let Rohr do his job mschew!
It was 2-2 after 90 minutes that's officially a draw but obviously a team has officially lift the trophy!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Some of you folks have obviously been away for too long. Lagosians no longer have that thirst for live footy...
Crowd will be sparse - unless perhaps Wizkid, Olamide and Davido will play at half time, before and after the game.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:Some of you folks have obviously been away for too long. Lagosians no longer have that thirst for live footy...
Crowd will be sparse - unless perhaps Wizkid, Olamide and Davido will play at half time, before and after the game.
And during.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:Some of you folks have obviously been away for too long. Lagosians no longer have that thirst for live footy...
And during.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Honestly Premier League and Champions League has killed football in Lagos. People just don't want to watch anything but Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca. But you can't blame them, Lagosians like winners and the SE unfortunately are on a downward spiral.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Obong wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Bros, I'm not saying they must come to Lagos but that UYO crowd no be am. It was as if they were in Church. Dem no like football for Akwa Ibom?
The "Uyo crowd" comprised of fans from Calabar, Aba, Port Harcourt, Owerri, Umuahia, other neighboring towns, and the many that flew in or drove in from Lagos and Abuja including the full-strength Supporters Club. When we are all done with the excuses, we'll address the apparent weaknesses of the team.
Bros, maybe it was the acoustics or maybe it's the Stadium but the atmosphere was somehow.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

I think Lagosians are just making do with what they have. We can still have Wizkid, Olamide and Davido at half time and we won't need free admission to pack the stadium, another reason to find a way to get back to Lagos.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

airwolex wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
And during.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Honestly Premier League and Champions League has killed football in Lagos. People just don't want to watch anything but Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca. But you can't blame them, Lagosians like winners and the SE unfortunately are on a downward spiral.
Those players featuring in the premier league and champions league will bring those lagosians to watch them in SE shirt. There's argument to be made that SE will be much more likely to be winners in Lagos going by historical stats.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

back track t SE vs Salone (2-1) the stadium was packed and it was a friendly... played at the Telsim Balogun stadium
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
back track t SE vs Salone (2-1) the stadium was packed and it was a friendly... played at the Telsim Balogun stadium
Not only was that more than 6 years ago (Feb 2011), but the stadium was not even half-full... :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Not only was that more than 6 years ago (Feb 2011), but the stadium was not even half-full... :oops:
Damn, aight BP let's scratch this idea, Uyo it is :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nigeria has not lost a game in Lagos in 90 minutes for nearly 40 years. Even the "loss" to Cameroon was a 2-2 draw AET (+ referee assist in the penalty hoot out).
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
I recall the refs robbing us blind on that day.
Exactly even in the intensity of Lagos refs still made wrong calls against us, so you guys are overblowing the whole intimidation factor of Lagos crowds...