GERNOT ROHR IN BUST UP WITH NFF ABI NA CHRIS GREEN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
GERNOT ROHR IN BUST UP WITH NFF ABI NA CHRIS GREEN

Post by anointed »

From a journalist on a WhatsApp forum. It happened after a meeting at the Glass House. Another guy on the forum said Rohr used the word but didnt think it was true. This has to be a joke.
Disappointingly, Gernot Rohr turned down request to speak to the media but shockingly claimed he has been sacked. Sadly, I couldn't smartly get him on record but that's what he said on exiting the Glass House.
Last edited by anointed on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: GERNOT ROHR

Post by anointed »

It was an eye witness report. I was on ground and never make this post anywhere except here, hugely because I've got no valid proof despite there were several others at the scene.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I have just asked someone who has first hand knowledge.... He did say those words actually. But he was not serious. You guys took him literally. Sorry Sam. I should have double-checked first.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

It was an eye witness report. I was on ground and never make this post anywhere except here, hugely because I've got no valid proof despite there were several others at the scene.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The NFF better make sure they paid the guy in full before firing him if true.
No wonder no reputable coach wants to touch the SE.
This is madness!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

But he hasn't been sacked though... He was just annoyed.
I understand that he was annoyed that his meeting with the technical committee became a public issue.
Sure, his outburst was understandable with the stringent directives handed out to you by the Bar Chris Green's led technical committee.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

If the words ascribed to Green are accurate, this will only lead to serious trouble. The coach decides the players to invite and select and no one should interfere with that. The technical committee should stay well clear of what is entirely within the jurisdiction of the manager.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I just spoke to Patrick few mins ago and the report appears to be true, has to do with some uproar that went down between Rohr and the NFF board when he asked to give reasons for the loss, apparently Rohr had another "gbese" on his head for some past squabble between him and a member of the NFF over player invitation after the Paris camp.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is like deja vu. We have been through this before. The NFF never learn. This is not the right time to sack Rohr. Keep him on for now. Do everything possible to assist the coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: GERNOT ROHR IN BUST UP WITH NFF ABI NA CHRIS GREEN

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fire him ASAP and get a local coach( SSS or Egu)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:fire him ASAP and get a local coach( SSS or Egu)
You no well!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:fire him ASAP and get a local coach( SSS or Egu)
$&*$#&!!()#*$@(_!(#$*(^)!(#$#*$&%(!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/14/how-rohr-sparked-rumours-of-his-sack-by-nff-after-meeting-with-technical-c

How Rohr Sparked Rumours Of His Sack By NFF After Meeting With Technical Committee

June 14, 2017

Nigeria

Rumours of the sacking of Gernot Rohr by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) made rounds on social media no thanks to the comment of the coach after a meeting with the technical committee of the NFF.

Rohr had a meeting with the Chris green lead Technical committee of the NFF to discuss the fall out from Nigeria’s 0-2 loss to South Africa in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers played in Uyo.

According to Green stringent conditions have been given to the coach regarding how players get call up to the national team and his list will also be submitted to the technical committee for vetting before it is released in a press conference.

The Franco-German coach came out of the meeting visibly angry and when some journalists present at the premises of the NFF sort to hear from the coach, Rohr claimed he has been sacked before exiting the NFF premises.

However it turned out to be a joke used by the manager to evade the potential questions he would have faced from the journalist who were waiting for him to say a thing or two after his meeting with the Chris Green lead technical committee.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

If I am ROHR, I will leave immediately. Why must a Coach defend his selection. They did the same to Keshi & Amodu.
Do these folks ever learn anything!! We lost one game and we are about to fall off the deep end. Goodness gracious
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fledy wrote:If I am ROHR, I will leave immediately. Why must a Coach defend his selection. They did the same to Keshi & Amodu.
Do these folks ever learn anything!! We lost one game and we are about to fall off the deep end. Goodness gracious
It will be extremely foolish to leave, make no mistake about it. You do not flee at the appearance of obstacle. Instead, you stay and fight back.

Rohr should stay on and force the NFF to fire him if that is the NFF's aim. Guess who suffers? NFF will pay him off if he is sacked. If he quits like a cry baby he gets nothing. He should stick to it and make the NFF squirm if the NFF is demonstrating its inability to learn.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

fledy wrote:If I am ROHR, I will leave immediately. Why must a Coach defend his selection. They did the same to Keshi & Amodu.
You lost at home!
You cannot qualify for anything in the CAF landscape by losing at home.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

You can't fire coaches after one loss or fire coaches rapidly. It damages the team and puts you in a situation where you don't succeed and the effects last until you realize it wasn't the coach in the first place.

Stability is needed for success.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Teams like Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Brazil etc are not supposed to lose at home in a competitive game. If they do, the coach deserves to be fired.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

He does have to defend his selection. He has been allowed a free hand... and nothing has been said to him because he has been winning.

That being said, players should not be imposed on him.

The funny thing is that had Algeria taken their chances this result will not be a surprise to anyone. He needs to improve on the personnel and the tactics.

We still play at a very slowwwwww pace and our pressing game is not coordinated. ...even our off the ball movement is still poor.

He has to improve on those things.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Funny thing is that, had Nigeria taken their chances in the first half, South Africa could have been down by 3 in the first half...
Cellular wrote: He does have to defend his selection. He has been allowed a free hand... and nothing has been said to him because he has been winning.

The funny thing is that had Algeria taken their chances this result will not be a surprise to anyone. He needs to improve on the personnel and the tactics.

We still play at a very slowwwwww pace and our pressing game is not coordinated. ...even our off the ball movement is still poor.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Otitokoro wrote:Funny thing is that, had Nigeria taken their chances in the first half, South Africa could have been down by 3 in the first half...
Cellular wrote: He does have to defend his selection. He has been allowed a free hand... and nothing has been said to him because he has been winning.

The repeated opening up of our defense is not by chance.

That's the point some of you don't get.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:Teams like Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Brazil etc are not supposed to lose at home in a competitive game. If they do, the coach deserves to be fired.
Kpom
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Those 2 games were flukes. .every 2nd half, the SE collapses. Any manager who plays Akpeyi, Simon, Shehu, and Awazie should be fired ASAP. ..I would have fired him at the stadium and left Yusuf, to finish up the qualifiers
SuperEagles