Daniel Akpeyi and desperate judgement.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Daniel Akpeyi and desperate judgement.

Post by bret- hart »

olu wrote:I can't fault Akpeyi for either of the goals. His defense left him terribly exposed for the second goal. However, with Akpeyi being our first choice goalie, the bar has been set pretty low. It's hard for me to imagine Ezenwa being any worse. Also with the team already being so young, I can see why Rohr would be hesitant to start Alampasu who plays in the 3rd division in Portugal and has little experience. It's hard for me to consider a player in the 3rd division in Portugal as a serious contender for a starting spot in the SE.

Are there no other really no other goalies in the local league better than Akpeyi? If there are no better goalies in the local league then we indeed have a goal keeping crisis at the moment.

Like others have said, it's also very concerning that we continue to field wingers and fullbacks that really struggle to cross the ball (e.g Simon, Musa, and Elderson). The technical deficiency of some of our players is really glaring. The full backs in the local league must be pretty bad if Elderson is still the best we have to offer.

Daniel has not been a first choice goalie at club level for sometime now, so I can see why he wasn't called. He lost his starting spot to Nanu Bonsu while he was at Rangers, and is currently not the first choice goalie at Orlando Pirates.

bret- hart wrote:where is Emmanuel Daniel? He is a much better goalie that this Apere clown.

The Emmanuel Daniel I saw at the U23 championships in Senegal was much better than Akpeyi. Infact he saved SSS team numerous times. When it was time for Akpeyi to deputise for Daniel @ the olympics, the gulf in class was apperant. So why then is it that Daniel for instance cannot displace Akpeyi??? Something is not right. Alampasu I am sure is better than Akpeyi at this time. He may be young and raw but so was Enyeama when he started playing for Nigeria. These guys have more upsides. The point is we need to start giving these young GKs a chance now incase Enyeama does not change his mind. I have 0 confidence in Akpeyi and I dare say even Ezennwa, that guy cannot even get a shirt for his NPL team. I hear the other u17 keeper from Ihenacho's set is also making progress in Spain. These guys all need to be given a chance to fight for shirts.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Thank God Lloris is not Nigerian. Throw out the baby with the bath water syndrome.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm still at a loss as to why Alampasu hasn't been given a chance yet, even in a friendly game...definitely he can't be that bad especially when Ezenwa and Akpeyi are his direct competition, but what do I know...maybe the coach sees something I or the generality of Nigerian fans don't see.