Belgian Striker, Cyriel Dressers Wants to Play for Nigeriay

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Belgian Striker, Cyriel Dressers Wants to Play for Nigeriay

Post by anointed »

What makes him Nigerian? Is he trying to sayhe can stroll into the SE?
Belgian striker Dessers wants to play for Nigeria
June 15, 2017 Adepoju Tobi

Utrecht and Belgian born striker, Cyriel Dessers has revealed he is weighing up his options of representing Nigeria, Naijafootballplus.com scooped.

The 22-year old Belgian striker has admitted breaking into the Belgian national team may be out of his hands and he is thinking of switching Nationality to Nigeria.

Dessers, who has not featured for any of the Belgian national teams despite his invitation to the Belgian National U21 team, considers the chance of playing for Nigeria as a nice proposition.

Dessers recently moved to FC Utrecht in the Dutch Eredivisie
He recently joined Eredivisie side, FC Utrecht from NAC Breda where he scored 29 goals in the regular season and playoffs.

“I’m concentrating on Utrecht now, but if something happens with Nigeria, that would be nice.

Premier League champion signs Chidozie Awaziem

“I have to be realistic. Competition with Belgium is very big with Lukaku, Batshuayi, Origi, Benteke and now Dimata. They are all Still young.

“In Nigeria there are also top players, but maybe there I will be given a shot,” Dessers opined.

http://www.naijafootballplus.com/belgia ... y-nigeria/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Belgian Striker, Cyriel Dressers Wants to Play for Niger

Post by Odas »

I say he should come. If he is good, we need him - that's all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

There are other news outlets carrying almost identical stories

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/15/cyriel-d ... er-eagles/

FC‎ Utrecht’s new signing, Cyriel Dessers, has expressed his willingness to pledge his international allegiance to Nigeria ahead of Belgium.

Dessers scored 29 goals and provided 13 assists last season for NAC Breda, to help them win promotion to the topflight, before leaving for Utrecht.

His impressive season has led to a tug of war between Nigeria and Belgium.

Dessers qualifies for both countries, thanks to his Nigerian mother Sophie and Flemish father, Herwig.

Sanusi reveals real problem with Nigeria

Although the 22-year-old trained with Belgium’s U-21s in 2015, he never got to make his debut as he was an unused substitute in their match against Moldova in the qualifiers for Euro 2015.

“For now my concentration is on my new club FC Utrecht but if anything comes from the coach of Nigeria it would be nice. I have to be realistic, the competition in Belgium is very large with Romelu Lukaku, Micthy Bastshuayi, Divock Origi, Christian Benteke and now Dimata,” he said.

Governor Bello is a compound fool, high on cheap drugs – Dino Melaye

“They are still very young, around same age as me. In Nigeria, there are top strikers as well but maybe there will be a spot for me in the team than in Belgium.”
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija is always the second choice ...why?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:Naija is always the second choice ...why?
He is considering between Nigeria and Belgium, what is your concern or business with that? The decision will be his and his alone.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Midget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
He is considering between Nigeria and Belgium, what is your concern or business with that? The decision will be his and his alone.
“In Nigeria there are also top players, but maybe there I will be given a shot,”

Translation: I consider Naija because it's too hard to get on the Belgium team
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Nigeria was first choice for Iwobi.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Afuze was your first choice... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

DIMKA76 wrote:http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/15/cyriel-d ... er-eagles/

His impressive season has led to a tug of war between Nigeria and Belgium.
Tug of war? At best there is a thick cord of rope lying on the ground, with Dessers' agent trying to plead with someone to pull one side.
Before I counter-yab, can I ask .... is Kevin Prince Boateng currently playing for Ghana, or is he still waiting for you to qualify for the World Cup?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Rawlings wrote:
Odas wrote:
“In Nigeria there are also top players, but maybe there I will be given a shot,”

You should worry more about Grandpa Gyan eventually breaking Roger Milla's record due to lack of competition. To be clear, I mean Milla's record for being old, not Milla's record for winning the Nations Cup.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I say we welcome him with open arms if Rohr notices him...we needs all capable hands to beat Cameroon come August.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Tobi17 wrote:

I say we welcome him with open arms if Rohr notices him...we needs all capable hands to beat Cameroon come August.

he appears to be quite good at missing chances.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Kpom. Naija is now a dumping ground.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Players all around the world now know how easy it is to break into the Nigerian squad :tic: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

I say if he is good, let him come please. We can do with more Good Strikers. Any day anyone of them could be hurt, unavailable and we need all the strikers available to us.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:
Odas wrote:

... really? How would you translate this: "His impressive season has led to a tug of war between Nigeria and Belgium" - Chief Rawlings? I will be waiting for your "honest response", Sir.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

anointed wrote:What makes him Nigerian? Is he trying to sayhe can stroll into the SE?
Belgian striker Dessers wants to play for Nigeria
June 15, 2017 Adepoju Tobi

Utrecht and Belgian born striker, Cyriel Dessers has revealed he is weighing up his options of representing Nigeria, Naijafootballplus.com scooped.

The 22-year old Belgian striker has admitted breaking into the Belgian national team may be out of his hands and he is thinking of switching Nationality to Nigeria.

Dessers, who has not featured for any of the Belgian national teams despite his invitation to the Belgian National U21 team, considers the chance of playing for Nigeria as a nice proposition.

Dessers recently moved to FC Utrecht in the Dutch Eredivisie
He recently joined Eredivisie side, FC Utrecht from NAC Breda where he scored 29 goals in the regular season and playoffs.

“I’m concentrating on Utrecht now, but if something happens with Nigeria, that would be nice.

Premier League champion signs Chidozie Awaziem

“I have to be realistic. Competition with Belgium is very big with Lukaku, Batshuayi, Origi, Benteke and now Dimata. They are all Still young.

“In Nigeria there are also top players, but maybe there I will be given a shot,” Dessers opined.

http://www.naijafootballplus.com/belgia ... y-nigeria/
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Odas wrote:

... really? How would you translate this: "His impressive season has led to a tug of war between Nigeria and Belgium" - Chief Rawlings? I will be waiting for your "honest response", Sir.
Dubious source: .naijafootballplus :winking:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Sir V wrote:
Kpom. Naija is now a dumping ground.
Have you seen the guy's age? He is 22. At least he didn't wait until he was past his prime before wanting to play for the SE. Let's have a look at him and give him a chance to fight for a shirt. After all, we don't exactly have anyone right setting things alight for us up front.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Odas wrote:
You get time o.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Too tall to make Ghana his 2nd choice, so no vex!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....