France 3 England 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: France 3 England 2

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:Everyone keeps saying "very talented french team." But you guys are missing their biggest problem-- didier dechamps. a worthless coach. Like the Euros, they will get to a point where coaching matters, and they'd be knocked out. its easy to beat England, how come they couldnt beat Sweden when it mattered last week?
Pls help me ask these people...i watched the Sweden match expecting France to run riot over a Sweden team trying to find direction without Ibra...instead the Swedes looked like Brasil in their kits and play, before nailing the coffin on France with that delightful stoppage time goal.

It takes more than bling bling players to win tournament!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Good Analysis/Critique of the English side.

Vasco, if you don't step up, I'll have to start doing this for the Eagles.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40269178
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hmmm did not this same France team open yash at home in a vig Euro competition?
Sweden beat them few days ago,likes of Germany and Italy add Spain looks more solid than this shine shine team with one useless coach.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kajifu wrote:Hmmm did not this same France team open yash at home in a vig Euro competition?
Sweden beat them few days ago,likes of Germany and Italy add Spain looks more solid than this shine shine team with one useless coach.
...Sweden beat them thru their weakest link, Hugo Lloris, hence they did not want same embarrassment and stepped up in this friendly.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Everyone keeps saying "very talented french team." But you guys are missing their biggest problem-- didier dechamps. a worthless coach. Like the Euros, they will get to a point where coaching matters, and they'd be knocked out. its easy to beat England, how come they couldnt beat Sweden when it mattered last week?
Pls help me ask these people...i watched the Sweden match expecting France to run riot over a Sweden team trying to find direction without Ibra...instead the Swedes looked like Brasil in their kits and play, before nailing the coffin on France with that delightful stoppage time goal.

It takes more than bling bling players to win tournament!
I also expect Deschamps to recall his lovers, Gignac and Valbuena, when its time for the big dance! the guy dey use all these bling bling players to keep his job during friendlies until its time to go to the world cup. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: See the game that mattered? the one against Sweden? Where was Mbappe??? Where was Kante?? Where was Dembele? Where was Lemar?? All on the bench! :lol: :lol: Most of them will watch the world cup from home so that Gignac and Valbuena can get a world cup appearance under their belt. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
benteke wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Man France is blessed in attack. Pogba, Dembele, Mbappe, Griezman running towards goal will put the fear of god into any team
Samora what did you think of Pogba today

Today I was in awe I won't lie. If he plays like that next season all those questioning his transfer fee will be forced to shut up pronto. He was a midfield general today and the passing was out of this world :clap:
In a friendly abi...how did he play against Sweden? He is an okay player, he does what he does at at okay level. He needs certain level of people playing around him to make him do extra! He wont get that with Jose!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

France remind me of Man City (scintillating attacking and midfield players, but utterly bobbins defensively). The only people in that French team who are defensively reliable are Kosc, Varane, and Kante. Usually 1-2 of those 3 are injured or suspended, so it unbalances the team too much towards offence.

Personally, I think DD should play a second DM or water carrier beside Kante in midfield. That would release Pogba, Mbappe, Griezman, Martial, Coman, Payet, Dembele, Tolisso, and the rest to do their thing in attack. If DD was 20 years younger, he'd be the perfect player for that role!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

wiseone wrote:France remind me of Man City (scintillating attacking and midfield players, but utterly bobbins defensively). The only people in that French team who are defensively reliable are Kosc, Varane, and Kante. Usually 1-2 of those 3 are injured or suspended, so it unbalances the team too much towards offence.

Personally, I think DD should play a second DM or water carrier beside Kante in midfield. That would release Pogba, Mbappe, Griezman, Martial, Coman, Payet, Dembele, Tolisso, and the rest to do their thing in attack. If DD was 20 years younger, he'd be the perfect player for that role!

Umtiti, sidibe, mendy, zouma, matuidi, mangala, etc...ALL pretty reliable defenders in the les bleus colors. I disagree with your premise. The issue for France is more structural than anything. Deschamps has lots of questions to answer. They're not top heavy in terms of individuals, they have A lot of talent spread evenly across the XI
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
wiseone wrote:France remind me of Man City (scintillating attacking and midfield players, but utterly bobbins defensively). The only people in that French team who are defensively reliable are Kosc, Varane, and Kante. Usually 1-2 of those 3 are injured or suspended, so it unbalances the team too much towards offence.

Umtiti, sidibe, mendy, zouma, matuidi, mangala, etc...ALL pretty reliable defenders in the les bleus colors. I disagree with your premise. The issue for France is more structural than anything. Deschamps has lots of questions to answer. They're not top heavy in terms of individuals, they have A lot of talent spread evenly across the XI
A man says he is wise, yet, he continues to make the most stupid comments in the history of the world.

France is stacked defensively, you even forgot that kidt at Athletic Bilbao that turned Man City down, and then the kid that Sevilla bought last year. Both names escape me now. Or is it kondogbia? or Bakayoko? or Tolisso? or the one who wa fantastic under Bielsa at Marseille, but is now at Stoke? dem plenty.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

A lot of those guys are "part-time" defenders. Mendy is a very attacking LB (ie. spends most of his time in the opponent's half playing like a winger than a defender), Zouma has been injured for most of the past year, Matuidi (as good as he is) is not really a "holding" player like Busquets or Makelele, Mangala had so many problems that Man City shipped him out on loan and paid 50 million for a raw inexperienced defender to replace him. When your club prefers Otamendi and a raw 21yo to you, you know you have big issues. For a player at Barcelona - Umtiti is very suspect. Lots of rough edges to his game.
platinum wrote:

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

wiseone wrote:A lot of those guys are "part-time" defenders. Mendy is a very attacking LB (ie. spends most of his time in the opponent's half playing like a winger than a defender), Zouma has been injured for most of the past year, Matuidi (as good as he is) is not really a "holding" player like Busquets or Makelele, Mangala had so many problems that Man City shipped him out on loan and paid 50 million for a raw inexperienced defender to replace him. When your club prefers Otamendi and a raw 21yo to you, you know you have big issues. For a player at Barcelona - Umtiti is very suspect. Lots of rough edges to his game.
platinum wrote:

Again I disagree with your latest comments. Let's take them one by one.

- Is Mendy a defender or not? Sure he's capable of creating severe mismatches going forward but he's also pretty decent defensively. It's not just hype either.

- Zouma was injured most of the year but he came back towards the end of the season and when he has figured for Les Bleus in the past, he's not been as shaky as you portray.

- Matuidi is no Busquets or Makelele but he's an EXCELLENT two way player who does as much defensively as he does going forward. You listed Kante which is why I brought up Matuidi.

- Mangala? I'll put it this way. He wasn't used the best way at City. He had a good season at Valencia and I'm sure most City fans would pick him over Stones. Plus, forget the club scene, at NT level, he's shown he can be very good.

- Umtiti? He's no Nesta (Yet) but he's got way more pluses than minuses.

So again, individually France has players in numbers. The issue has always been Didier Deschamps. The Euros were a perfect example. Loaded squad who underachieved. Heck, they could have won that tournament and from a purist perspective, I'd still have been unimpressed with the win because they rarely ever played with cohesion or flow.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”