Bye Bye Uyo? - Kickoff Chief

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Bye Bye Uyo? - Kickoff Chief

Post by Cmoke »

http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/314 ... -qualifier

Nigeria are considering a change to both the date and venue for their 2019 World Cup qualifier against Cameroon, originally scheduled for the Godswill Akpabio Stadium Uyo in August.

Top NFF sources informed KweseESPN that the match could now be played on 1 September, rather than the initial scheduled date of 28 August.

One reason, according to multiple sources within the NFF, is to allow coach Gernot Rohr a little more training time with his squad.
ADVERTISEMENT

With the change in date also comes a change in venue, with Uyo on the verge of being discarded.

Officials say the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Port Harcourt is top on the list of replacement venues, with the National Stadium Abuja as a fallback option.

The pitch in Abuja has fallen into disrepair, but repair work is already going on with Lansard Ltd doing clean up while waiting for major rejuvenation for the now patchwork grass.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bye Bye Uyo? - Kickoff Chief

Post by kolinzo »

Ambode needs to get to work and build a stadium in Lagos, the rightful home of SE. Anyway, this team is cursed sha. We haven't been to 3 ANCs now. I can't even remember the last time I watched a SE game. It's that bad!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cmoke wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/314 ... -qualifier

Nigeria are considering a change to both the date and venue for their 2019 World Cup qualifier against Cameroon, originally scheduled for the Godswill Akpabio Stadium Uyo in August.

Top NFF sources informed KweseESPN that the match could now be played on 1 September, rather than the initial scheduled date of 28 August.

One reason, according to multiple sources within the NFF, is to allow coach Gernot Rohr a little more training time with his squad.
ADVERTISEMENT

With the change in date also comes a change in venue, with Uyo on the verge of being discarded.

Officials say the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Port Harcourt is top on the list of replacement venues, with the National Stadium Abuja as a fallback option.

The pitch in Abuja has fallen into disrepair, but repair work is already going on with Lansard Ltd doing clean up while waiting for major rejuvenation for the now patchwork grass.

FIFA and CAF can just go ahead and hand us the ticket now. Port Harcourt will surely deliver just like it has delivered classy babes, oil, world class football (Rivers United and Yobo) and everything else Nigeria has today to Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Ma broda,

I agree o.

If na PH, I go go, Baba God willing!

Uyo sucks as a football town. The people are too docile to instill fear on our players never to dare lose at home! If you don see SE play for Surulere, you will no say na true I dey yarn!

Abuja worst! Make dem no even think am.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D

PS:

My Ikwere broda, once them decide PH, u must begin arrange my welcome package!

1naija wrote:
Cmoke wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/314 ... -qualifier

ADVERTISEMENT

FIFA and CAF can just go ahead and hand us the ticket now. Port Harcourt will surely deliver just like it has delivered classy babes, oil, world class football (Rivers United and Yobo) and everything else Nigeria has today to Nigeria.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Backward mentality. First time in years that a SE match played in Nigeria possessed a decent pitch and we're ready to discard it because of a loss.

I don't want anyone blaming future losses on bumpy surfaces.
We finally have something close to a world class stadium and we want to ditch it for a cheap 15,000 capacity stadium.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Synopsis wrote:Backward mentality. First time in years that a SE match played in Nigeria possessed a decent pitch and we're ready to discard it because of a loss.

We finally have something close to a world class stadium and we want to ditch it for a cheap 15,000 capacity stadium.
Stupid stereotypes being thrown around about being docile and all types of nonsense as if it's the venue that causes the loss, Nigerians just have to find something or someone to blame. But I doubt this story is true anyway.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kolinzo wrote:Ambode needs to get to work and build a stadium in Lagos, the rightful home of SE. Anyway, this team is cursed sha. We haven't been to 3 ANCs now. I can't even remember the last time I watched a SE game. It's that bad!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Is it three (3) or two (2)? I thought it is two
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Backward mentality. First time in years that a SE match played in Nigeria possessed a decent pitch and we're ready to discard it because of a loss.

Stupid stereotypes being thrown around about being docile and all types of nonsense as if it's the venue that causes the loss, Nigerians just have to find something or someone to blame. But I doubt this story is true anyway.
"Stupid stereotypes" or not, if the belief is "we will do better in Port-Harcourt" (placebo), then let's go there. We need to do anything and everything we can to - at least - beat Cameroon at home.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yes I am tired of that rubbish UYO....that stadium isn't fit to host the SE. ..who ever fixed the pitch, can replicate it over at Abuja or PH....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You can call superstition or bad luck or whatever, but I'll surely begin to question the wisdom of playing in a stadium on which Nigeria has missed out on 3 consecutive afcons, something different for a change is welcome at this point...Uyo will always be a special place for the right and wrong reasons in Nigerian football.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
kolinzo wrote:Ambode needs to get to work and build a stadium in Lagos, the rightful home of SE. Anyway, this team is cursed sha. We haven't been to 3 ANCs now. I can't even remember the last time I watched a SE game. It's that bad!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Is it three (3) or two (2)? I thought it is two
Same difference.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Tobi17 wrote:You can call superstition or bad luck or whatever, but I'll surely begin to question the wisdom of playing in a stadium on which Nigeria has missed out on 3 consecutive afcons, something different for a change is welcome at this point...Uyo will always be a special place for the right and wrong reasons in Nigerian football.
Please tell me which AFCON qualifying matches Nigeria lost in UYO.

2015 AFCON qualifiers

2017 AFCON qualifiers

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote:

I didn't even know that's a stereotype.

Apart from that am I the only one that finds the music from the supporters club sleep inducing, monotonic drivel. Time to change everything about the SE. We are stuck in the 80's!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The fact is that results in games played at Uyo have been disappointing. That is a FACT. In March last year, I did an analysis of games played by SE in Nigerian venues. PH and Enugu are only venues where Nigeria has earned all three points at stake. Below is a link to that analysis:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2016/03/q ... y-and.html

This is not to state that Uyo is cursed. However, it is simply to point out that results there have not been favorable.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Since The NFF started hawking our games all over Nigeria we've suffered from non qualification quite a bit. Decades of playing in Lagos meant there was an air of invincibility around the place. Teams hate coming to Lagos. Now other grounds just seem like a neutral venue to the SE.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:The fact is that results in games played at Uyo have been disappointing. That is a FACT. In March last year, I did an analysis of games played by SE in Nigerian venues. PH and Enugu are only venues where Nigeria has earned all three points at stake. Below is a link to that analysis:

This is not to state that Uyo is cursed. However, it is simply to point out that results there have not been favorable.
Fix the total games played in Abuja , you listed 24 instead of 34
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:The fact is that results in games played at Uyo have been disappointing. That is a FACT. In March last year, I did an analysis of games played by SE in Nigerian venues. PH and Enugu are only venues where Nigeria has earned all three points at stake. Below is a link to that analysis:

Prof., the reason we have lost those crucial games in Uyo is because Vincent Enyeama has not been in goal.

We have the BEST Naijarian goalie of all time still active and he is sitting in the stands watching us fumble away home games.

BTW, we are not good enough not to have our better players playing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:Since The NFF started hawking our games all over Nigeria we've suffered from non qualification quite a bit. Decades of playing in Lagos meant there was an air of invincibility around the place. Teams hate coming to Lagos. Now other grounds just seem like a neutral venue to the SE.
I agree about the neutrality of the venue... or NFF intentionally selling our homefield advantage. But it is the economic situation that forces them to find who can host (pay) the Eagles. They pretty much sell their homefield. They might as well sell it to the away team and play two away games.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Since The NFF started hawking our games all over Nigeria we've suffered from non qualification quite a bit. Decades of playing in Lagos meant there was an air of invincibility around the place. Teams hate coming to Lagos. Now other grounds just seem like a neutral venue to the SE.
I agree about the neutrality of the venue... or NFF intentionally selling our homefield advantage. But it is the economic situation that forces them to find who can host (pay) the Eagles. They pretty much sell their homefield. They might as well sell it to the away team and play two away games.
Their problem is they are not building a brand. That is why they are running around looking for state money.
They could have sold the TV rights for SE games and still maintain a home advantage. They will have to decide whether it's been worth it, missing a few AFCON's for their lazy effort of prostituting the SE all over the place
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Move the venue back to Lagos.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Yes I am tired of that rubbish UYO....that stadium isn't fit to host the SE. ..who ever fixed the pitch, can replicate it over at Abuja or PH....
So you just admitted the pitch is good and the one at the alternatives isn't, good luck getting those "fixed" before our next game...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

"Stupid stereotypes" or not, if the belief is "we will do better in Port-Harcourt" (placebo), then let's go there. We need to do anything and everything we can to - at least - beat Cameroon at home.
Then when we don't do well there nko? Then we try another stadium? We just keep roaming about every time we lose a game? The actual venue itself is top notch, pitch is top notch, what else do these players need to push them? Is it the non water draining PH bumpy field that make them play better?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Wow!, in 2017 Nigerians are still believing in superstitions about a football venue?
Reasonable folks need not keep propagating ideas that set us back. Can any of those
claiming the Uyo stadium is the reason we are not getting good results provide proof
of why any other location would certainly provide victory even when our SE play rubbish
football?
This argument is quite depressing, considering the claim that we are enlightened.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges