GERNOT ROHR IN BUST UP WITH NFF ABI NA CHRIS GREEN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jb
Egg
Egg
Re: GERNOT ROHR IN BUST UP WITH NFF ABI NA CHRIS GREEN

Post by jb »

Cellular wrote:
fledy wrote:If I am ROHR, I will leave immediately. Why must a Coach defend his selection. They did the same to Keshi & Amodu.
Do these folks ever learn anything!! We lost one game and we are about to fall off the deep end. Goodness gracious
He does have to defend his selection. He has been allowed a free hand... and nothing has been said to him because he has been winning.

That being said, players should not be imposed on him.

The funny thing is that had Algeria taken their chances this result will not be a surprise to anyone. He needs to improve on the personnel and the tactics.

We still play at a very slowwwwww pace and our pressing game is not coordinated. ...even our off the ball movement is still poor.

He has to improve on those things.
Off the ball
Off the ball
Off the ball
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

vancity eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I've heard it all now.

He has a poor eye for talent ?

He has chosen BY FAR the best squads of any recent coach, including SSS, Keshi, and Oliseh.

What did people think when Keshi was ignoring genuine talents for clubless and injured junks, junks who would end up in Finland or Polish 2nd division. Was this an eye for talent ?

Yes he has made some very questionable decisions, most notably Akpeyi or the benching of Onyekuru, but he has been by far our best coach.
Don't you think not including Ezekiel Imoh after his bravura performance in the Olympics is another egregious omission. Then not inviting the Olympics goalkeeper is a buffoonish error.The man has made some major errors that question his abilities to pick good players
Yes I have problems with some of his selections

Akpeyi

Problems with some omissions

Imoh
Daniel

And him keeping Onyekuru on the fringes

But he is by far better than the likes of SSS, Keshi, and Oliseh where there were major issues with national team selection.

By the way if Rohr ever dare start that clown Akpeyi ever again then I will begin my campaign against him. No coach can wish Nigeria well by playing him. He shouldn't even be called up as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, it's not about who Rohr is better than, it's about Rohr's current inability to select quality,
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

9jaMan wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I've heard it all now.

He has a poor eye for talent ?

He has chosen BY FAR the best squads of any recent coach, including SSS, Keshi, and Oliseh.

What did people think when Keshi was ignoring genuine talents for clubless and injured junks, junks who would end up in Finland or Polish 2nd division. Was this an eye for talent ?

Yes he has made some very questionable decisions, most notably Akpeyi or the benching of Onyekuru, but he has been by far our best coach.
Don't you think not including Ezekiel Imoh after his bravura performance in the Olympics is another egregious omission. Then not inviting the Olympics goalkeeper is a buffoonish error.The man has made some major errors that question his abilities to pick good players
Yes I have problems with some of his selections

Akpeyi

Problems with some omissions

Imoh
Daniel

And him keeping Onyekuru on the fringes

But he is by far better than the likes of SSS, Keshi, and Oliseh where there were major issues with national team selection.

By the way if Rohr ever dare start that clown Akpeyi ever again then I will begin my campaign against him. No coach can wish Nigeria well by playing him. He shouldn't even be called up as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, it's not about who Rohr is better than, it's about Rohr's current inability to select quality,
Kpom!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:And so the coach will source for new defensive players that can better gel as a unit (Westerhoff sampled through 50+ players before he got his winning formula)!
The coach has to go through growing pains! Its asinine for anyone to advocate for his removal (or indeed, want to 'vet' his selections) because of a hiccup against South Africa.
And as far as I am concerned, Chris Green is nothing short of an Imbecile!
Cellular wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Funny thing is that, had Nigeria taken their chances in the first half, South Africa could have been down by 3 in the first half...
Cellular wrote: He does have to defend his selection. He has been allowed a free hand... and nothing has been said to him because he has been winning.

That being said, players should not be imposed on him.

The funny thing is that had Algeria taken their chances this result will not be a surprise to anyone. He needs to improve on the personnel and the tactics.

We still play at a very slowwwwww pace and our pressing game is not coordinated. ...even our off the ball movement is still poor.

He has to improve on those things.
The repeated opening up of our defense is not by chance.

That's the point some of you don't get.
Who is advocating for his removal?

Coaches are not infallible. Giving them guidance is not interference.
:biggrin:

That's just a code word for interference...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

We have missed 2 Nations Cups back to back...were the technical crew happy with the squads then. We are building a new team. The loss is a set back but part of the learning process.