Eagles World Cup qualifying budget 8 billion Naira–Minister

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

folem
Egg
Egg
Eagles World Cup qualifying budget 8 billion Naira–Minister

Post by folem »

Eagles World Cup qualifying budget is 8 billion Naira – Minister

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have budgeted eight billion Naira for the Super Eagles World Cup qualifying tournament, officials have disclosed.

Nigerian sports minister disclosed this when he met with the NFF technical committee led by Chris Green on Wednesday in Abuja.

“The NFF have budgeted about eight billion Naira for the World Cup qualifiers,” the minister announced.

SCORENigeria has already reported that the NFF have received the cash for the Eagles crucial World Cup double header against Cameroon in September.

The Eagles have now been paid their win bonuses for last year’s victories over Zambia and Algeria.

After the Cameroon matches, they will then welcome Zambia in October with their final qualifier in Algeria in November.

Nigeria top their qualifying group with six points from two matches.

Cameroon are second on two points, while Zambia and Algeria have a point apiece.
folem
Egg
Egg
Re: Eagles World Cup qualifying budget 8 billion Naira–Minis

Post by folem »

That is $25 million.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

folem wrote:That is $25 million.
What would you bet that they will not only get the $25 million but also get the FIFA grant and will turn around and hold the nation ransom for owing bills (Salaries, allowances, etc.)

They (NFF) are notorious for such shenanigans.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Cellular wrote:
What would you bet that they will not only get the $25 million but also get the FIFA grant and will turn around and hold the nation ransom for owing bills (Salaries, allowances, etc.)

That is the amount won by Argentina for finishing second at the last WC, Nigeria won $9 million.

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/fi ... ize-money/
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

$25 million for qualification?
Argentina was paid $25 million for finishing as runners-up in 2014

So,If the payout remains the same in 2018, Naija will have to be a losing finalist to get even
what is wrong with you people? :mad:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Rawlings wrote:$25 million for qualification?

So,If the payout remains the same in 2018, Naija will have to be a losing finalist to get even
No.

After qualification, there is another budget for preparation & participation.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

folem wrote:

No.

That will be provided by FIFA
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Rawlings wrote:
folem wrote:
Argenttechnical d $25 million for finishing as runners-up in 2014

No.

That will be provided by FIFA
Not all of it, majority will come from NFF/Ministry. Friendly matches, training camps, technical visits to host country, base camp, airfares/ticket refunds, player bonuses & allowances etc. Luckily no more CAN before WC.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4093/nig ... 00-winning
Last edited by folem on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cellular wrote:

and you are hiding comfortably in foreign land dey yab
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

what about all the student loan you took out to finish your associate degree, have you earned it back
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Isn't that too much money? What will the NFF be going with such amount? We are talking of ONLY the World Cup qualifiers - right - or is the budget for the entire year and for everything the NFF planned to do or is already doing? Can someone please help me? I am lost!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
Isn't that too much money? What will the NFF be going with such amount? We are talking of ONLY the World Cup qualifiers - right - or is the budget for the entire year and for everything the NFF planned to do or is already doing? Can someone please help me? I am lost!
It's better to be lost than get a heart attack (when u find out the truth)
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

It is the budgeted amount, the reality will be far less guys!
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:It is the budgeted amount, the reality will be far less guys!
Well, I hope you are correct the amount will be "far less."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:It is the budgeted amount, the reality will be far less guys!
Should the budget be really far from the actual expenditure? What did they base their figures on there should be indices? Believe me, they are only gambling with this figure. It could that they will get up to N5b - N6b but they will spend much less and the remaining will disappear into the cemeteries and septic tanks.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
Well, I hope you are correct the amount will be "far less."
Wishful thinking
when has a Naija institution ever gone under budget?