CC: PORTUGAL vs MEXICO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CC: PORTUGAL vs MEXICO

Post by Siddonlook11 »

airwolex wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:I really like this Andre Gomes ...why is Barca not using him ?
I think he has been poor
Really ? I think its Quaresma has been poor ( even with the goal ) I think Gomes is awed by Ronaldo..everything he has done he has looked for Ronaldo and I think that has caused him mistakes ..but that's the coach's issue ( and Ronaldo ).

Quaresma, on the other hand, has tried all game to say he is as good as Ronaldo and has been idiotic all game.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

2-2
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Poor marking leads to a goal

Why didn't the keeper meet the ball in the air :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Gooooooolllll de Mexico!!! 2-2!! That' s how you put away a header!

Wha choo looking at?!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Na the fonte wey people they say na the next best defender dem take drink garri like this ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Last minute by Moreno off ck..goalie Rui was like looking for a flight at Oshodi bus stop
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

I almost feel sorry for Russia in this group. They will be thrashed by both Mexico and Portugal.

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That was a strong header
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

FT. Great game! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

FT

2-2

They should use New Zealand to drink garri so their results against an unconvincing Russia will determine stuff.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I almost feel sorry for Russia in this group. They will be thrashed by both Mexico and Portugal.

Putin will not like that one bit. The team might end up in a gulag in siberia :lol:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Top game. Mexico's youth set up has really paid off
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I almost feel sorry for Russia in this group. They will be thrashed by both Mexico and Portugal.
Neither will thrash Russia from what I saw. Portugal's too dependent on Ronaldo and Mexico don't have the cutting edge.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

very good game. I am glad I watched it.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Do we have any player in our team who can head and score a goal like that of the Mexican players? Do we? It seems we are a "one dimensional" team and we expect our team to win games - hmm!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Samora Machel wrote:
Putin will not like that one bit. The team might end up in a gulag in siberia :lol:
Cut-it out, it is NOT funny!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

airwolex wrote:
Neither will thrash Russia from what I saw. Portugal's too dependent on Ronaldo and Mexico don't have the cutting edge.
Why do people keep sleeping Mexico? They are top class. They have a good system of play and guys like Chichariti can punish any team
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Odas wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Brother cant we joke among friends :huh: :atc:

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

YUJAM wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Why do people keep sleeping Mexico? They are top class. They have a good system of play and guys like Chichariti can punish any team
Mexico always starts like this. They keep the ball well but I don't think they can go all the way. I think Portugal, Mexico and Russia (with the home advantage) are pretty even.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Not one sub by Osorio in this game made even a slight difference. And even with his MF tiring, continued to bring in central strikers, even in a team with Chicharito who can cover the entire frontline.

Never understood why they call him a Prof...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Samora Machel wrote:
Odas wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Brother cant we joke among friends :huh: :atc:
Oh, sorry bros! I misunderstood your intentions. I am sorry.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Gotta love the Mexicans, their "never back down" warrior spirit is something to respect, its fight to the finish for them, true Aztec spirirt...plus they have a strong youth system and a very well structured football league working for them(about 60% of their players come play in the Mexican league if I'm not mistaken) something Nigeria should learn from.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Spot on about the good football structure. But all the players today except for 1 play in Europe. Think four or five play in Spain, four in Portugal, two in Germany. The most important thing though is all of them were developed in Mexico
Tobi17 wrote:Gotta love the Mexicans, their "never back down" warrior spirit is something to respect, its fight to the finish for them, true Aztec spirirt...plus they have a strong youth system and a very well structured football league working for them(about 60% of their players come play in the Mexican league if I'm not mistaken) something Nigeria should learn from.