The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by smartbrother »

Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

What is Arsenal's plans for Nwakali ? Do they have plans for him to compete for a shirt with the first team or loan him out again. I pray if they want to loan him out it should be one of the reputable clubs in Europe. There is no doubt about it, the boy has all the attributes to play for one of the big club. Hopefully his agent knows the right thing to do for the boy.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bully12 wrote:What is Arsenal's plans for Nwakali ? Do they have plans for him to compete for a shirt with the first team or loan him out again. I pray if they want to loan him out it should be one of the reputable clubs in Europe. There is no doubt about it, the boy has all the attributes to play for one of the big club. Hopefully his agent knows the right thing to do for the boy.
According to rumours, work permit application rejected. Arsenal has appealed.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

smartbrother wrote:Shows how out of touch wenger is.
Arsenal already has Welbeck, Walcott, Giroud and Sanchez but he thinks strikers are what this team is missing?
What Arsenal needs is a rock solid centre half , a top tier right back and a DM. Not more flipping strikers
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is hilarious.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

According to L'Equipe, Arsenal's bid for Lemar was close to €46m (£40m) with add-ons.

They claim €52m (£45m) Will see some movement. Arsenal not far off if they are correct.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:According to L'Equipe, Arsenal's bid for Lemar was close to €46m (£40m) with add-ons.

They claim €52m (£45m) Will see some movement. Arsenal not far off if they are correct.
Good stuff Waffi...I hope we can push this one through as well.

My only slight worry is there are no outgoings so far, with Lacazette coming in there is a lot of interest in Giroud and understandably so but Walcott is the one that needs to leave imho. Tactically I'd like us to retain the Giroud option to change games.
To God be the glory
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

But Sanchez is leaving and Walcott is not going to stay. Arsenal (Walmart owner) cannot meet Sanchez demands.
Sanchez will be sold, if Wenger is willing to pay so much money for some of these guys.
Welbeck is just not good enough for Arsenal. I'm glad Wenger finally sees it. Neither is Walcott.

Bepanda
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

This is the season! Come May, Beloved will lift the title, according to Coach. This year, I am with him on that. FA Cup will be jara on top.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffi:

I keep asking this serious question and nobody seems to be able to answer. Who does Lemar displace?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:This is the season! Come May, Beloved will lift the title, according to Coach. This year, I am with him on that. FA Cup will be jara on top.

Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Liverpool are raking up too. So which cup will Arsenal be lifting? Surely not the EPL.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

balo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:This is the season! Come May, Beloved will lift the title, according to Coach. This year, I am with him on that. FA Cup will be jara on top.

Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Liverpool are raking up too. So which cup will Arsenal be lifting? Surely not the EPL.
Let them rake. Anyway, I will let Coach explain to you. I no sabi Shakespeare language.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

theYemster wrote:
Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
Did you get permission from Cally before opening this thread? :D
Does it matter? Just copy and paste the contents of the threads from the last three seasons and you won't know the difference.
:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:My fellow Gooners, I open this thread with my typical optimism and hope for next season. I am confident if Arsenal get all their first choice targets, we will at last be genuine contenders for the title next season. But, many of you here will of course disagree. Fair enough, the game is what it is. We all love The Arsenal and are frustrated with the ways things have panned out in the last two seasons. I say, it will be 3rd time lucky, so I am keeping everything crossed.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
third time lucky wetin...? wenger was never in the race for competing for the title, so i don't know what u are talking about.
to win u need the right players, leaders on the pitch, tactical awareness and strategy for each opponent u face, plus a little luck, which u make thru hard work. i don't see that in wenger, i don't see that in his team and i don't see that in his vision
....it's business as usual...his target is top 4
let me put this on record......ARSENE WENGER HAS NO CHANCE IN WINNING THE EPL.....POINT BLANK PERIOD
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Cellular wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Cito wrote:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
Did you get permission from Cally before opening this thread? :D
Does it matter? Just copy and paste the contents of the threads from the last three seasons and you won't know the difference.
:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :P
Cally wrote:Fellow gunners/gooners, 2015-2016 season turned out to be a frustrating one for us.

Here's to a more fruitful and successful 2016-2017 season. It's time for a new thread, with your permission.

If you have issues and rants relating to the past season, feel free to go back to the other thread. Let's discuss rumors, actuals, and the way forward in this new thread.

Best regards...
if u want to know what's in store for the new season.....copy and paste the threads from the last season :rotf: :rotf:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

bepanda wrote:But Sanchez is leaving and Walcott is not going to stay. Arsenal (Walmart owner) cannot meet Sanchez demands.
Sanchez will be sold, if Wenger is willing to pay so much money for some of these guys.
Welbeck is just not good enough for Arsenal. I'm glad Wenger finally sees it. Neither is Walcott.

Bepanda
WHo says Alexi Sanchez will be sold?
Welbeck is an excellent striker. Walcott scores double digits whenever he stays fit
Besides no team needs 4 four World class strikers.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Waffiman wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is hilarious.
Why?
Last edited by smartbrother on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

And the thread always ends with a fight between Aniks and Waffi :tic: :tic: 2 pages and not a player signed
Oya back to the matter
open and close
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal need a striker. Also need to replace the players that will leave the club.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

smartbrother wrote:
bepanda wrote:But Sanchez is leaving and Walcott is not going to stay. Arsenal (Walmart owner) cannot meet Sanchez demands.

Bepanda
WHo says Alexi Sanchez will be sold?
Welbeck is an excellent striker. Walcott scores double digits whenever he stays fit
Besides no team needs 4 four World class strikers.
Dude we don't have 4 world class striker. Just Sanchez the rest should not be playing for Arsenal .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lacazette to Arsenal is agreed. €58m + bonuses
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:According to L'Equipe, Arsenal's bid for Lemar was close to €46m (£40m) with add-ons.

Good stuff Waffi...I hope we can push this one through as well.

My only slight worry is there are no outgoings so far, with Lacazette coming in there is a lot of interest in Giroud and understandably so but Walcott is the one that needs to leave imho. Tactically I'd like us to retain the Giroud option to change games.
My bro, we are happy that Arsenal are bidding good money for top players who can make a difference in our first team. A huge difference from previous summers when StatsDNA looked for moneyball players.

However, we must ask the question, who goes. Rumours are we are losing 7 to 8 players. Club wants to improve squad quality but we also have players with one yr left in contracts.

I know you want to keep Sanchez at all cost, I am oblivious.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi:

I keep asking this serious question and nobody seems to be able to answer. Who does Lemar displace?
I have answered this question. He plays wide left but can play middle and right. He can play deep like Sanchez but this is unlikely.

He can play 10 also, but Ozil has that locked down. So the really interesting one is Walcott. Lemar is also effective cutting in on his left foot from the right.

So for me, if he and Lacazette are signed, then Giroud, Sanchez or Walcott can make way. My guess will be Walcott. The reason I say so is Wenger also keeping Mahrez in mind if rumours are true.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Prince wrote:And the thread always ends with a fight between Aniks and Waffi :tic: :tic: 2 pages and not a player signed

Haba Waffi na my uncle ohhh ... I dey respect my elders Biko :taunt:

I no dey fight any more .... I just add useless hyenas to the ignore list aside from that fairy named Sisi Yemisi :woot: :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.