The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:Hmmm Mourinho now has quite the team of thoroughbreds.

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

Cheiii that's a lot of size, power, pace as well as skills :scared: :scared:

Cheiiii United is back :ohmy:

Can also be offered as evidence of lack of tactical evolution

Drogba
Essien
Makelele...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

That's what I told a friend yesterday. He is building a rugged and durable squad, like he usually does. Those guys can mix it up and rarely get injured.
Apart from Lukaku, you mean the same bunch that came 6th last season.

Because of Lukaku, all of a sudden they are back? Ok oh.

Most of their goals were from Ibra last season. Anyway you never know. Make we see sha.
How does them finishing sixth disprove the above? In case you skipped past it, I wrote "is building" not "has built". The qualities I highlighted alone don't win you the league; but without it you very likely won't win it.
I have highlighted why.
Ah okay. You were responding to aniks then.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

theYemster wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

That's what I told a friend yesterday. He is building a rugged and durable squad, like he usually does. Those guys can mix it up and rarely get injured.

Most of their goals were from Ibra last season. Anyway you never know. Make we see sha.
How does them finishing sixth disprove the above? In case you skipped past it, I wrote "is building" not "has built". The qualities I highlighted alone don't win you the league; but without it you very likely won't win it.
I have highlighted why.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Hahaha.

e bi like say you body dey hot. Abi you dey find person wey go give you trouble?
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi, wetin be the status of the likes of Zelalem, Bielik?
Zelalem out with a ruptured cruciate.

Bielik will be in the 1st team squad for next season, I think.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

peron33uk wrote:Anyway just saw this news from Skysports:
'LEMAR AGREES ARSENAL TERMS'

Monaco star Thomas Lemar has agreed terms with Arsenal but clubs still yet to agree a fee for winger, according to The Sun.

The Ligue 1 club are reportedly holding out for around £80m for the 21-year-old.
I posted this a about a week ago. Rumours are, Lemar was in London last month to sort all this out. But an agreement involves Monaco.

Lemar is wanted by all the top clubs in Europe and there is talk of a €70m offer.

We must match or come close if there really is an offer.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

I have highlighted why.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Hahaha.

e bi like say you body dey hot. Abi you dey find person wey go give you trouble?
Not at all. Hot for what? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't misrepresented.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bk-one wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Mesut Ozil has not received any offer from a big club. If this continues, and I assume it will because no big club wants him right now, he will re-sign with Arsenal
Or maybe it is because Arsenal has said he is not for sale...But make I no spoil under agenda, carry on nothing do una...
Bro, I dont do agenda when it comes to transfers. Scroll back to page 2, I broke the Lacazette deal with the ACTUAL transfer fee.

Arsenal has said Sanchez is NOT for sale and he has offers from 3 huge clubs.

Truth is, Ozil's agent has shopped him around to big clubs and he has been rejected.He is simply not at the level of a big club. He will wait and see if anything changes, but I dont think anything will. He will be forced to remain at Arsenal against his will.
Any connections to Ozil's agent and how did you get access to that info. Have you ever considered that Ozil never gave other clubs the idea that he wants to leave that is why nobody made an offer for him?
Ozil , like Sanchez, has contacted several big clubs to state that they intend to leave Arsenal. FACT, not feelings.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

Drogba
Essien
Makelele...

Who are the Drogba, Essien and Makelele?

Since Mourinho insists on playing Herrera as a deep lying playmaker, is he the Makelele? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Is Pogba the Essien? :rotf:

P.s-I am waiting for you to say Lukaku is the Drogba and expose your complete lack of knowledge. Considering lukaku plays nothing like Pogba. But hey! Black and big, right?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

Drogba
Essien
Makelele...

Since Mourinho insists on playing Herrera as a deep lying playmaker, is he the Makelele? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Remains to be seen if he continues in that role.

P.s-I am waiting for you to say Lukaku is the Drogba and expose your complete lack of knowledge. Considering lukaku plays nothing like Pogba. But hey! Black and big, right?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

Drogba
Essien
Makelele...

For a guy who likes to sound analytical, your analysis is badly basic. Smh. Good thing we at least know you have an agenda, so we can excuse the poor analysis you have shown. Have a good day. Smh
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

Drogba
Essien
Makelele...

For a guy who likes to sound analytical, your analysis is badly basic. Smh. Good thing we at least know you have an agenda, so we can excuse the poor analysis you have shown. Have a good day. Smh
Ok. thanks... :rotf:

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Rumor -

FEE HAS BEEN AGREED FOR LEMAR. £46m plus add ons. Monaco given us green light to discuss personal terms right now.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

danfo driver wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Mesut Ozil has not received any offer from a big club. If this continues, and I assume it will because no big club wants him right now, he will re-sign with Arsenal
Or maybe it is because Arsenal has said he is not for sale...But make I no spoil under agenda, carry on nothing do una...
Bro, I dont do agenda when it comes to transfers. Scroll back to page 2, I broke the Lacazette deal with the ACTUAL transfer fee.

Truth is, Ozil's agent has shopped him around to big clubs and he has been rejected.He is simply not at the level of a big club. He will wait and see if anything changes, but I dont think anything will. He will be forced to remain at Arsenal against his will.
Complete nonsense. No one on this thread has the faintest idea what's actually happening behind the scenes as far as these transfers are concerned. All this posturing is just nonsense. Anyways, it keeps the entertainment going for those that enjoy it.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cally wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Complete nonsense. No one on this thread has the faintest idea what's actually happening behind the scenes as far as these transfers are concerned. All this posturing is just nonsense. Anyways, it keeps the entertainment going for those that enjoy it.
Olboy I weak o. Guys acting like they really know what is going on. Oh well wetin small pickin like me know...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

danfo driver wrote:
bk-one wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Any connections to Ozil's agent and how did you get access to that info. Have you ever considered that Ozil never gave other clubs the idea that he wants to leave that is why nobody made an offer for him?
Ozil , like Sanchez, has contacted several big clubs to state that they intend to leave Arsenal. FACT, not feelings.
Repeating a lie wont make it somehow true......just provide the evidence
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

did you just decide to list Black players ? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Mourinhno might have just turned Man U to the "blackest" Big Team :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
By the way, you're missing the one and only Fulani!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

bk-one wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bk-one wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Repeating a lie wont make it somehow true......just provide the evidence
You will soon be insulted... bk-one.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Ivan Gazidis talks about wanting quality players, fans want genuine competition for spots - why're we dithering on 2 players who're breaking their backs to wear our jersey.
One's proven in our league & the other looks lively:

Get them both!!!!
For both, we must sell players. Who goes?
If you want to compete with ManC who're trying to get Alexis despite having Jesus, Aguero, Sterling,Sane etc in the squad, you gotta be more ambitious.
Like them we'll struggle to sell a few players cos of high wage demands - i hope we've clubs on standby for loan all across Europe.
Gazidis wants starters - heck this 2 move the team up the table - if we want that EPL cup, - the non-performers should go prepare for WC duties with other teams.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rumours all over the press for Mahrez and Lemar. Wenger, they claim, wants both in the plane to Australia.

For Mahrez, Leicester want £50m, Arsenal offered £40m.

For Lemar, offer increased again. Players and Agent wants out and will force a move if they have to.

Also, the rumours say Lemar is not linked to Sanchez.

God! I hope the Lemar rumours are true and we get the player. I am a huge fan, and they say he is Wenger's number one target. I salivate at the prospect of watching him at the Emirates come August. He really brings so much to our attack with his skills and football brain.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Coach wrote:^And stifle Iwobi and Zezelem's development?
I am sure you're being sarcastic - Gedion Zelalem was on loan & suffered a serious injury towards the end of last season - not sure he'll be back for a while.
Back in the day, Cesc found a way to grow amongst a team of senior players - Iwobi's already in the mix - just compete.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Ivan Gazidis talks about wanting quality players, fans want genuine competition for spots - why're we dithering on 2 players who're breaking their backs to wear our jersey.

Get them both!!!!
If you want to compete with ManC who're trying to get Alexis despite having Jesus, Aguero, Sterling,Sane etc in the squad, you gotta be more ambitious.
Like them we'll struggle to sell a few players cos of high wage demands - i hope we've clubs on standby for loan all across Europe.
Gazidis wants starters - heck this 2 move the team up the table - if we want that EPL cup, - the non-performers should go prepare for WC duties with other teams.
Forget what Gazidis wants, he is irrelevant and STATSDNA is not recommending players this summer. STATSDNA has been good cos it allowed us sign cheap players whilst building up a very nice war chest. We have money and we are spending it.

I have given a detailed analysis of our squad and how I think it will change. It is not about who comes in, we must make room by moving players on if we are to have a squad that falls in line with FA rules.

The trip to Australia will give the first hints on those who are leaving.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Pogba
Bailly
Lukaku
Martial
Valencia
Radhford

Spot on - it's going to be a very tough league with every team getting quality additions - problem with a team of bigs is they struggle to recover on CL weeks
- Big units doing mini marathons in midweek struggle 4days later
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Get them both!!!!
Forget what Gazidis wants, he is irrelevant and STATSDNA is not recommending players this summer. STATSDNA has been good cos it allowed us sign cheap players whilst building up a very nice war chest. We have money and we are spending it.

I have given a detailed analysis of our squad and how I think it will change. It is not about who comes in, we must make room by moving players on if we are to have a squad that falls in line with FA rules.

The trip to Australia will give the first hints on those who are leaving.
Most of the big EPL teams have going to have to loan out tons of players - i hear Gibbs wants 70k per week - if we're determined to make space, we will.
There're teams out there all over Europe looking to use loanees from the Big clubs - many teams will wait for desperate clearouts towards the end of the transfer window - we must be pro-active & move guys.
If you wait on them to cut a deals with clubs then you get Jenkinson & Palace from Jan - he was demanding crazy wages - Gibbs seems to be doing the same. Yes, it will cost us some but it's also a display window compared to having guys who will never play getting paid loads.
TW for me does not belong to a championship caliber team.

Transfer: Ospina,Szczesny,Debuchy,Gibbs,Jenkinson,Perez,
Loan: Calum Chambers,Theo