Carl Ikeme diagnosed with leukemia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Carl Ikeme diagnosed with leukemia

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I agree with Coach's suggestions. Good thoughts, Fela, and important insights from the Yemster.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

OMG !! How are people still thinking that in this age? Someone invoked acute Leukemia on Carl? Really???? All the best to Carl..with good care he has about 75% chance of remission, and 26-30% five-year survival rate. He should beat this one!
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Here is his twitter account: https://twitter.com/Carl_Ikeme
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote:
Odas wrote:
kawawa wrote:
Odas wrote:There was a time Coach Oliseh complained of being sick repeatedly after taking the post of coaching our team. In the article (I don't know where it is), he spoke of his coaching assistant being sick as well and at the end, a LONG ROD or METAL BAR was removed from the man's body and et al. Remembering the story (article), is somebody after Carl for him to go away from the Super Eagles (SE) team completely? Something is not right at all.
Good Lawd science is really not that hard. Why do we always have to invoke this kind of crap. This stuff can happen to any of us. Does anything ever happen to a Nigerian without invoking another human being being so evil to his fellow man. Can we just be sad for Carl and pray that he stays strong. I am just baffled at this sort of mindset
What CRAP? Did you read the article by Coach Oliseh or not? If you did, why didn't you tell him he is talking CRAP when he wrote it and showed the evidence?
Of course it remains crap. If Oliseh wants to believe in this stuff that does not make it true. I don't care what he said or who he said to. Even if I had seen it, I would not have wasted energy responding to such ignorant nonsense. For this I only responded because this thread just does not seem the place for such misguided opinions. We are sad our brother has been dealt a bad hand. We don't want our positive thoughts for his recovery poisoned by your suggestions.
To each on his own - they say. While it is crap to you and to others, it is NOT crap to me and - still - to several others. It boils down to believe what you believe, but don't say what others believe is "CRAP!"
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

theYemster wrote:
Odas wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Odas wrote:There was a time Coach Oliseh complained of being sick repeatedly after taking the post of coaching our team. In the article (I don't know where it is), he spoke of his coaching assistant being sick as well and at the end, a LONG ROD or METAL BAR was removed from the man's body and et al. Remembering the story (article), is somebody after Carl for him to go away from the Super Eagles (SE) team completely? Something is not right at all.
At one time Barcelona had both a player, Eric Abidal and coach Tito Vilanova battling cancer, unfortunately with Vilanova dying. Boston Celtics had a player Reggie Lewis die suddenly from cardiac arrest while playing. Years later another Celtics player Jeff Green got diagnosed with heart condition just after he signed with the Celtics (despite playing for years with another team) that caused him to miss a whole season receiving treatments.

My point? This can/does happen anywhere. Has nothing to do with any fetish practice. It's archaic thinking like that that holds us back as a nation.
"Archaic?" Hmm, did the coach Oliseh say such a thing or not? Do we have witchcraft in Nigeria or in Africa or not? If answers to all the above are yes, what is archaic there? Doubt the existence of witchcraft at your own peril.

Now, that is not to say such is responsible for what is happening to Carl, but who knows?
Your question is misleading. I didn't say Oliseh never said it. I said it's archaic thinking regardless of who said it

Do we practice witchcraft in Nigeria? Yes. Do I believe that it actually works? No. I don't. The way witchcraft works in Nigeria is by giving people the illusion that it does work.

Unless a victim physically ingests poison into his/her system to cause some form of allergic medical reaction, I don't believe a guy can chant gibberish in Ife to make someone in Mushin start dancing ajasco. Once we start the practice of performing autopsies for unexpected and unexplained deaths then I believe most of these fetish beliefs will begin to reduce.
At no place or sentence in previous writing did you say Coach Oliseh said it. In fact, you never referred to the coach's position at all. At moment, you seem to be talking with two sides of your lips and that makes me to wonder. On the other hand, you do not have to believe in what you don't want to believe, but don't ATTACK others for their believes. The attitude of some people in this Forum is why many has either left or simply doesn't say anything anymore.

Again, this is about Carl's sickness, not about me or Coach Oliseh; however, I am entitled to believe in whatever I want to believe as well as entitled to my opinion.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Coach wrote:@Fela, he's a close friend of a sibling. Personally would rather not be involved in any sort of monetary collection. If desired, it can be arranged, costing shouldn't be an issue, but flowers tend to have a poignant association with misery and sorrow. An assortment of well wishing messages from Cyberians in Aberdeen through to Zanzibar would be far more touching.

...If there isn't a direct way CE can tweet/retweet our regards, maybe tweets can be sent to my brother, who in turn can forward them on...but surely Cyberia can do this directly. And would need assurances that tweets will be purely for this purpose. Don't want any unnecessary traffic to the young man.
Definitely no money collection on your part, if we had to we can make direct payments such as CC, paypal etc. to the business if arranged. Agree with the opinions on flowers. Not that familiar with twitter, could this be as simple as appending #CEwellwishesforCarl to every well wishing post here and getting the CE twitter handle to tweet it? Favour a route that is most direct, simple with minimal personal involvement.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think CE should pay him a visit. Just imagine how much he would appreciate that.

He can beat this thing and go on to live a healthy life but whether he will remain a top athlete is another matter. It is actually the treatment and drugs he takes that will affect his ability to perform as a top athlete. However, we are behind him 100%.
Interesting idea if possible and straightforward.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

felarey wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think CE should pay him a visit. Just imagine how much he would appreciate that.

He can beat this thing and go on to live a healthy life but whether he will remain a top athlete is another matter. It is actually the treatment and drugs he takes that will affect his ability to perform as a top athlete. However, we are behind him 100%.
I think paying Carl a visit will mean a lot to him and could be the ONLY medicine, and treatment he needs to recover. A good idea, indeed
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Odas wrote:
felarey wrote:

I think paying Carl a visit will mean a lot to him and could be the ONLY medicine, and treatment he needs to recover. A good idea, indeed
You really sure you want to go and tell him someone did this to him? Just think about that for a minute
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Odas wrote:
kawawa wrote:
Odas wrote:
kawawa wrote:
Good Lawd science is really not that hard. Why do we always have to invoke this kind of crap. This stuff can happen to any of us. Does anything ever happen to a Nigerian without invoking another human being being so evil to his fellow man. Can we just be sad for Carl and pray that he stays strong. I am just baffled at this sort of mindset
What CRAP? Did you read the article by Coach Oliseh or not? If you did, why didn't you tell him he is talking CRAP when he wrote it and showed the evidence?
Of course it remains crap. If Oliseh wants to believe in this stuff that does not make it true. I don't care what he said or who he said to. Even if I had seen it, I would not have wasted energy responding to such ignorant nonsense. For this I only responded because this thread just does not seem the place for such misguided opinions. We are sad our brother has been dealt a bad hand. We don't want our positive thoughts for his recovery poisoned by your suggestions.
To each on his own - they say. While it is crap to you and to others, it is NOT crap to me and - still - to several others. It boils down to believe what you believe, but don't say what others believe is "CRAP!"
It is crap. It is down right demoralizing to think this way. Definitely not ok to do for an illness to someone you don't know
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

****! Not the kind of news I wanted to here. Hope you get well soon. :(
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote:
Odas wrote:
felarey wrote:

You really sure you want to go and tell him someone did this to him? Just think about that for a minute
I am lost! Please what are you saying? What has what you wrote got to do with paying Carl a "solidarity" visit?
Last edited by Odas on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote:
Odas wrote:
kawawa wrote:
Odas wrote:
kawawa wrote:
It is crap. It is down right demoralizing to think this way. Definitely not ok to do for an illness to someone you don't know
Do you have sense at all? It is your type who is making people gradually begin to leave this FORUM. Where in all my posts did I say anything of such which you are trying to twist my comments to? Please move-on!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

jette1 wrote:
Igugu wrote:If anyone can get to Carl Ikeme, tell him to visit Synagogue Church of All Nation. I am not joking. He will be here to tell all of ' you how the Doctors diagnosis will read otherwise after his visit. This is not a joke. I pray for his recovery in Jesus Name, Amen.
this is exactly the battle retarding nigeria from joining developed world; battle against darkness.
Exactly!!!

Oyibo building iPhones or next generations things ..we can't solve our electrical problems. We always think with our arse instead of our head. We have a president receiving the best healthcare in the UK while if his fellow Nigerian have the same sickness it's a death sentence.

They never think to duplicate the type of facilities they use abroad to every Nigerian....Whether rich or poor in the developed world you have a chance of beating this cancer compared to millions of Nigerians who get it.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Odas wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Odas wrote:
theYemster wrote:
At one time Barcelona had both a player, Eric Abidal and coach Tito Vilanova battling cancer, unfortunately with Vilanova dying. Boston Celtics had a player Reggie Lewis die suddenly from cardiac arrest while playing. Years later another Celtics player Jeff Green got diagnosed with heart condition just after he signed with the Celtics (despite playing for years with another team) that caused him to miss a whole season receiving treatments.

My point? This can/does happen anywhere. Has nothing to do with any fetish practice. It's archaic thinking like that that holds us back as a nation.
"Archaic?" Hmm, did the coach Oliseh say such a thing or not? Do we have witchcraft in Nigeria or in Africa or not? If answers to all the above are yes, what is archaic there? Doubt the existence of witchcraft at your own peril.

Now, that is not to say such is responsible for what is happening to Carl, but who knows?
Your question is misleading. I didn't say Oliseh never said it. I said it's archaic thinking regardless of who said it

Do we practice witchcraft in Nigeria? Yes. Do I believe that it actually works? No. I don't. The way witchcraft works in Nigeria is by giving people the illusion that it does work.

Unless a victim physically ingests poison into his/her system to cause some form of allergic medical reaction, I don't believe a guy can chant gibberish in Ife to make someone in Mushin start dancing ajasco. Once we start the practice of performing autopsies for unexpected and unexplained deaths then I believe most of these fetish beliefs will begin to reduce.
At no place or sentence in previous writing did you say Coach Oliseh said it. In fact, you never referred to the coach's position at all. At moment, you seem to be talking with two sides of your lips and that makes me to wonder. On the other hand, you do not have to believe in what you don't want to believe, but don't ATTACK others for their believes. The attitude of some people in this Forum is why many has either left or simply doesn't say anything anymore.

Again, this is about Carl's sickness, not about me or Coach Oliseh; however, I am entitled to believe in whatever I want to believe as well as entitled to my opinion.
My position and explanation is clear enough. It's not my fault if you're unable to comprehend it.

You (NOT me) was the one who brought up Oliseh.

How did I attack you? Is it by suggesting with verifiable examples that similar things have occurred in the US and Spain which disproves your witchcraft theory? Is that what you think will make people leave the forum? Yes I agree you are entitled to believe in whatever you want however if you she it on a public forum others are entitled to call you out on it.

Let's not take away from the point of this thread abeg.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

theYemster wrote:
Odas wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Odas wrote:
theYemster wrote:

My position and explanation is clear enough. It's not my fault if you're unable to comprehend it.

You (NOT me) was the one who brought up Oliseh.

How did I attack you? Is it by suggesting with verifiable examples that similar things have occurred in the US and Spain which disproves your witchcraft theory? Is that what you think will make people leave the forum? Yes I agree you are entitled to believe in whatever you want however if you she it on a public forum others are entitled to call you out on it.

Let's not take away from the point of this thread abeg.
Is it me who couldn't comprehend or you? From your comparison, clearly you failed to understand (deeply) the issue at hand and hence you compared Apples to Oranges. Why use the USA and Spain, instead of a country in Africa (Black Africa)? This is why we are having problems in several African countries because people (some) like you who live in abroad think they are WISE and so, whatever happens in their foreign abode is applicable in Nigeria or in Africa. Though there is witchcraft in the Western world (doubt such at your peril), their witches and wizards operates differently from those of ours in Nigeria or rather in Africa.

By the way, how old are you - if I may ask? If you are old enough and have been following the Super Eagles (Green Eagles) team, you must have heard of several teams members doing anything they could to sideline their fellow teammates. If such happened - as Coach Oliseh also pointed out with his situation - then thinking out of the box in this Carl's situation is not inappropriate.

Finally, may God be with Carl and heal him soon - Amen!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I pray carl can overcome this and continue his career. May God guide him through this!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bestplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bestplayer »

Get well soon, Carl...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Thanks for sharing the good news Damunk. Wishing Carl a speedy and complete recovery.
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Good luck Carl
Goldenera94
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics