Aiyenugba May Be Recalled to SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Aiyenugba May Be Recalled to SE

Post by walesvilla »

john12 wrote:There was a goalkeeper that kept for us against Brazil in a u23 friendly prior to Olympics. The keeper was A1. Maybe, we can consider him
You see- all we are doing here is using past performance to pick goalie- almost a year plus since olympics have you tracked his current performance to date to know how he is doing right now?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

walesvilla wrote:
john12 wrote:There was a goalkeeper that kept for us against Brazil in a u23 friendly prior to Olympics. The keeper was A1. Maybe, we can consider him
You see- all we are doing here is using past performance to pick goalie- almost a year plus since olympics have you tracked his current performance to date to know how he is doing right now?
We have a major problem and we are desperate. Worst still, time is not on our side. Chei!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Truth is any keeper who can keep at Olympics level should be able to man the post at the senior level. But this can be so on the basis that such has been active and in good shape since then.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

There were 2 goalies in that game, but I think you are talking of Daniel. Olorunleke came in as a sub after Daniel got injured.

Daniel is a good goalie & I think he was with Rangers. The problem was he became a sub when he got back. He may have even been no. 3 as there was a foreigner & another guy (had a Benue name like Idoko or something) manning the posts in the games I saw for Rangers earlier in the season.

Now that DSTV has fraudulently taken the NPFL off air, we can't even track anybody at home anymore.

I'm just going to have to start going to Agege Stadium at this rate.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

truetalk wrote:
There were 2 goalies in that game, but I think you are talking of Daniel. Olorunleke came in as a sub after Daniel got injured.

Daniel is a good goalie & I think he was with Rangers. The problem was he became a sub when he got back. He may have even been no. 3 as there was a foreigner & another guy (had a Benue name like Idoko or something) manning the posts in the games I saw for Rangers earlier in the season.

Now that DSTV has fraudulently taken the NPFL off air, we can't even track anybody at home anymore.

Olurunleke did not feature in that game. Rather it was Yusuf Mohammed that came in for the sparkling Emmanuel Daniel.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It is shocking that we cannot find two decent goalies in the league and from the ranks of Nigerians abroad without tempting Vincent out of retirement
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Olurunleke did not feature in that game. Rather it was Yusuf Mohammed that came in for the sparkling Emmanuel Daniel.
You wanna bet? I'm tired of letting people off the hook after speaking Opaks on this site.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

truetalk wrote:
mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:

You wanna bet? I'm tired of letting people off the hook after speaking Opaks on this site.
Actually, I'll let you off the hook. The Brazilian commentator calls the keeper Yusuf, but I think that is Olorunleke. Fellow Armchair analysts, who is the keeper at the end of this highlight.

[/video]
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

These are the 'leading' keepers from the NPFL below. I'll add Okiemute Odah & Femi Thomas based on their performance in the recent seasons.

I think the NFF should put a team together to scout all NPFL and NNL games for the next 6 weeks and get the best 6 keepers for a special tryout session. There are a couple of kids out there just waiting to be given the opportunity to shine.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/te ... fl-season/

Suraj Ayeleso: Goalkeeper, Nasarawa United)

Nasarawa United goalkeeper is currently the custodian with the most clean sheets in the Nigeria Professional Football League after week 25.

The former Kwara United player is stingy in between the posts and has kept 11 clean sheets already although he is closely followed by Mustapha Aliko (10 clean sheets), Ojo Olorunleke (nine clean sheets), George Michael (eight clean sheets), Dele Ajiboye, Agbor Ekoi and Adamu Abubakar (seven clean sheets).

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/te ... wmQJ2CE.99
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

truetalk wrote:These are the 'leading' keepers from the NPFL below. I'll add Okiemute Odah & Femi Thomas based on their performance in the recent seasons.

I think the NFF should put a team together to scout all NPFL and NNL games for the next 6 weeks and get the best 6 keepers for a special tryout session. There are a couple of kids out there just waiting to be given the opportunity to shine.

Nasarawa United goalkeeper is currently the custodian with the most clean sheets in the Nigeria Professional Football League after week 25.

The former Kwara United player is stingy in between the posts and has kept 11 clean sheets already although he is closely followed by Mustapha Aliko (10 clean sheets), Ojo Olorunleke (nine clean sheets), George Michael (eight clean sheets), Dele Ajiboye, Agbor Ekoi and Adamu Abubakar (seven clean sheets).

Dele Ajiboye is a decent keeper as well.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

oscar52 wrote:
truetalk wrote:These are the 'leading' keepers from the NPFL below. I'll add Okiemute Odah & Femi Thomas based on their performance in the recent seasons.

Dele Ajiboye is a decent keeper as well.
He was a decent keeper at U-17 level, but I doubt he'll cut it at the SE level & I think there are better keepers in the NPFL & NNL.

Kudos to him though, despite all the talk about his age, he has kept his head down and carved out a long career in the NPFL & pro-football; something not many of his U-17 teammates & other junior level goalkeepers have managed.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who is the agent promoting calamity Dele like this?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

truetalk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Actually, I'll let you off the hook. The Brazilian commentator calls the keeper Yusuf, but I think that is Olorunleke. Fellow Armchair analysts, who is the keeper at the end of this highlight.

[/video]

Why are asking for help?

If you are so sure that you are right that you rushed to make sure that a so called Opaks yarner would not be let off the hook, rather than cross-checking your facts, then a YouTube video should not be confusing you. Or could it be that you actually have no clue what you are talking about?

Ewu Kafanchan!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:

Daniel was flipping back and forth with Bonsu at Rangers post-Olympics (Akor Itodo was #3 GK behind both). However, that had more to do with Rangers negotiating a transfer for him - eventually to SA (where he had registration issues and saw no action during the season, but some in post-season competition).

PS: Btw, Mystic was right - it was Kano Pillars reserve GK Yusuf Mohammed who came on in Brazil.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Please Vincent Enyeama come back. I am not too proud to beg. Nigeria will play their next match in
your home village - Uyo... :D
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I find it hard to believe that we don't have 1 decent keeper from the NPL. I glanced at the CHAN list and its the same crap keepers. WTF are Ezenwa and Dele Ajiboye still doing playing for Nigeria? Rhor better get his $#% together or its curtains for him and his crew.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Why are asking for help?

If you are so sure that you are right that you rushed to make sure that a so called Opaks yarner would not be let off the hook, rather than cross-checking your facts, then a YouTube video should not be confusing you. Or could it be that you actually have no clue what you are talking about?

Ewu Kafanchan!

See did man!

At least, I will admit when I'm not so sure.

Recollecting from the time the game was played, I saw a tall 'yellow' youth level keeper replace Daniel, and it looked like Olorunleke, especially since he was in the mix for youth teams at the time. I assumed to Portuguese commentator was making a mistake.

I could not find the complete team list for the team we put out for the friendly. Lots of reports with the name of some of the players that featured, but none with the complete team list.

Anyway, thanks for the correction.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

oloye wrote:I don't envy the position Enyema is right now. With a nation that canbe ungrateful and unforgiving..... He must think carefully before staking his legacy.
In nations that appreciate sacrifice and call to duty, this one invite that needs to begging to give heed to. But with a nation like ours where heroes are not even acknowledged....putting you legacy on the poker table is one heck of a gamble.
You are on point as usual, Pa Oloye.

I hope Enyeama stay retired. SE's fans are a bunch of ungrateful people (well, going by the opaks yarners on this site). The GOAT, Enyeama, was disrespected by these loose mouths. I haven't been religiously following Naija footie since Keshi failed to qualify us to ANC (may his soul rest in peace). Naija soccer is in a deep mess and I love it.

Enyeama should not come back (he would be contributing the problem if he did that). Naija must learn the hard way. Players in the past have done Naija the honor it didn't deserve when they put their bodies on the line for the country, they got nothing in return. Good riddance.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

Enugu II wrote:
Exclusive – Dele Aiyenugba Set For Shock Recall To Super Eagles Unless Enyeama Make …..
July 9, 2017061
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/09/ex ... eama-make/

Former Super Eagles first choice goalkeeper Dele Aiyenugba could be in line for a shock recall to the senior national team of Nigeria, owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Present first choice of the senior national team of Nigeria Carl Ikeme might be forced into a premature retirement as he has been diagnosed to be having acute Leukaemia, which has further deepens the goalkeeper crisis rocking the national team of Nigeria.

Coach Gernot Rohr used Daniel Akpeyi ‎in the absence of Ikeme, but the Chippa United man failed to impress in the Eagles last game against South Africa which ended 0-2 in favour of Bafana Bafana in Uyo in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Unsatisfied with Akpeyi’s display in the game, the coach is looking for experienced shot stopper ahead of Nigeria’s World Cup 2018 qualifiers back to back ‎game against Cameroon in August and September, as he believes Dele Alampasu isn’t ready yet for a game of that magnitude.
2016/2017

[/video]

[/video]
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

May God help us..... :(
Ahidjo wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Exclusive – Dele Aiyenugba Set For Shock Recall To Super Eagles Unless Enyeama Make …..
July 9, 2017061
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/07/09/ex ... eama-make/

Former Super Eagles first choice goalkeeper Dele Aiyenugba could be in line for a shock recall to the senior national team of Nigeria, owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Present first choice of the senior national team of Nigeria Carl Ikeme might be forced into a premature retirement as he has been diagnosed to be having acute Leukaemia, which has further deepens the goalkeeper crisis rocking the national team of Nigeria.

Coach Gernot Rohr used Daniel Akpeyi ‎in the absence of Ikeme, but the Chippa United man failed to impress in the Eagles last game against South Africa which ended 0-2 in favour of Bafana Bafana in Uyo in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Unsatisfied with Akpeyi’s display in the game, the coach is looking for experienced shot stopper ahead of Nigeria’s World Cup 2018 qualifiers back to back ‎game against Cameroon in August and September, as he believes Dele Alampasu isn’t ready yet for a game of that magnitude.
2016/2017

[/video]

[/video]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enugu II wrote:

Might as well Recall Rufai :lol:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

It is over... :cry:
Enugu II wrote: