Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:How much the Inheritance Merchant spent.

Transfer Fees to acquire his players

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player
The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.
and bonus and insurance and.......

what did United pay PSG for Zlatan? thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

What he spent to buy Player A from the selling Team....NOT how much he's paying the player
The original question was not limited to transfer fees alone. You inserted this limitation. Wages are part of what a team spends on a player.

Zero, Zilch. $0.00
Now how much did United spend on Zlatan last year? Thank you.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Zero, Zilch. $0.00
It's a shame the argument lives on.
I made it clear as we went along that I was talking about transfer fees.
The facts remain the same, Zlatan was a free transfer zero transfer fee. Finally we agree :thumbs:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

benteke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Zero, Zilch. $0.00
The facts remain the same, Zlatan was a free transfer zero transfer fee. Finally we agree :thumbs:

"WE" never disagreed. I was not part of your argument. You were and are correct that no transfer fee was paid. The original question was about how much Pep/City spent last season. I simply posted a current article that discusses total team spending in a season, and how it related to the point TJX made back then. Thiefco as usual tries really hard to obfuscate a simple issues.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Zero, Zilch. $0.00

"WE" never disagreed. I was not part of your argument. You were and are correct that no transfer fee was paid. The original question was about how much Pep/City spent last season. I simply posted a current article that discusses total team spending in a season, and how it related to the point TJX made back then. Thiefco as usual tries really hard to obfuscate a simple issues.
But you guys know i was talking about spending on transfer fees.
Txj tried to slide in the salaries angle using Zlatan, that's were he created trouble, people wouldn't still be arguing.

Mine was a simple point, but the discussion on all the nitty gritty is a debate for other threads, where we will most likely agree on most points.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

benteke wrote:

Ouch :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
spastic wrote:I see the anti-Pep crew are in full flare:

Anyway, haters gonna hate. Cant wait for next season.

Sanchez
Walker
Dani Alves
Mendy
Bertrand
Bernardo Silva*
Ederson Moraes*

2 acquisitions done, 5 more to go. And for what its worth, the purchases are really an attempt to Challenge for Champs League. Not the league. We failed to achieve our goal of winning the league last year. but the problems were easy to spot:

Worst save per goal ratio in league
2nd worst save ratio by a goalie in the league- simply put Bravo lost form this year. had we had the save ratio of a mid-table keeper, we'd have finish a point behind Chelsea. the acquisition of Moraes should fix that. I worry about his ball skills though.

Aging fullbacks
we went into the season knowing we had a problem at fullback last year, tried to move Kolarov and Zabaleta to Inter and Fernabache respectively, but both deals fell thru. So we couldn't bring in younger fitter fullbacks who fit the mode. fortunately 3 of our 4 over 30 fullbacks were on their last year. So a clear out this season was always on the card. Albeit I am not impressed with the interests I am seeing. Walker is Ok. I'd have gone for Benjamin Henrichs, Ricardo Perreira or Nelson Seemed myself. Dani Alves is a Champions League and "he knows how I think" link. As an ageist myself, I am strictly anti buying players over.30. I think its a risk and they are often worse for moving. Besides it is easier to play in Italy where the game is slow as hell.Past their prime players can look mint playing in Italy.

At LB I'd have considered Alex Grimaldi, and Jonas Hector over Mendy, I am nt a big fan of average technical player, I think Mendy is not that technically sound. He is an attacking force , a physical specimen and probably will easily be the best crossing fullback if we get him. But his general football intelligence and tactical wawareness needs a lot of work. Betrand might actually be the safest of all 4 interests. An all round good player who isn't exceptional at anything.

I think solving there weakness at keeper and fullback should put us right there at the end of the coming season challenging Tottenham and Liverpool for the Title. If Chelsea sort tut there striker issue, they may be in it too. But I genuinely think its a 3 way race, especially if we are able to make the Sanchez deal happen. As that move will automatically end Arsenal's chances.

Anyway, just popping in to see the guys :D
Dear Mr. Lilly Livered, here you go again with premature stuff. You obviously haven't learnt a thing from last season where City was blown out of the title race long before Christmas notwithstanding your premature ejaculation after Pep won his first 10 games. I warned you back then to pipe lowly but you no gree calm down until the losing streak which sent you into hiding. Now you are back for more abi? :mrgreen: ... I love how you have written off ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea in July. Carry on buddy :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Zero, Zilch. $0.00
While TFCO is anwsering that. Could you also tell us how much Zlatan made for United last season? Thank you. :lol: :lol:

Funny part of this argument is that ultimately, it makes the likes of TXJ and this numbskull look very stupid. If only you knew how much United made from Zlatan. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:

EBGEBLEBEGEE!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The gusy doesnt give a damn about revolution. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

First Conte feels betrayed and now, baldy feels hurt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: All these women coaches sef.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:

Ouch :lol:
:rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Zero, Zilch. $0.00
While TFCO is anwsering that. Could you also tell us how much Zlatan made for United last season? Thank you. :lol: :lol:

Funny part of this argument is that ultimately, it makes the likes of TXJ and this numbskull look very stupid. If only you knew how much United made from Zlatan. :rotf: :rotf:
Hi fly.. how is mourinho's dung these days? what did he have for breakfast? :lol: :lol: :lol: Mourinho's dung is not enough, you don dey do houseboy for Thiefco? :lol:

Ok. I admit. I dont know how much Zlatan made for United. Since, like your new master, you have brought up yet another irrelevant red herring to the discussion at hand, feel free to inform us uninformed ones of what he made for them. Actual quantifiable figures please, backed up with sources, and not some more $#% that you pull from either of your anterior or posterior orifices.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

benteke wrote:
Damn! That was cold.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

At Mikel4life, as it currently stands with Chelsea's striker issue yet to be solved, I am saying its looks like a 3 way race. If Chelsea figures out what they are doing with Costa, staying or going? or if they get Aubameyang, of course they'll go back to being favorites. But as of today's snapshot, I don't see it.

As for Arsenal, if they lose Sanchez I don't think they can contend without him. I believe they will lose Sanchez and thus will not contend. United I just hate and don't care enough to truly give an impartial response. Besides Danfo driver and Grammar patrol are United fans, so instinctively, I have to dismiss then :)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Spaz, my drift is it's still early days. Chelsea will most definitely buy a striker. I don't know who but my bet is that they will spend anywhere from 60 to 70 mill on a striker. And they will also buy at least one if not two full backs to add to the former city goalie, rudiger and Bakayoko to add to the team that won EPL 2 out of the last three years.

ManU has José, a deep squad, and very deep pockets to keep adding to the squad before the window closes. Definitely a title contender.

Arsenal's case is arguable mostly because they've lacked ambition over the last 12 years. Then again if Leicester can pop out of nowhere to win the title, then Arsenal is more than capable notwithstanding the Sanchez saga.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

spastic wrote:Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

At Mikel4life, as it currently stands with Chelsea's striker issue yet to be solved, I am saying its looks like a 3 way race. If Chelsea figures out what they are doing with Costa, staying or going? or if they get Aubameyang, of course they'll go back to being favorites. But as of today's snapshot, I don't see it.

As for Arsenal, if they lose Sanchez I don't think they can contend without him. I believe they will lose Sanchez and thus will not contend. United I just hate and don't care enough to truly give an impartial response. Besides Danfo driver and Grammar patrol are United fans, so instinctively, I have to dismiss then :)
You think anyone believes you? Dani Alves as a backup for Kyle Walker?

Do you think that City can compete for the CL? The individual quality (especially at the back) is much
lower than Bayern's or Madrid's individual quality for example. And I doubt that they can make up for it, somehow.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kofi86 wrote:
spastic wrote:Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

Do you think that City can compete for the CL? The individual quality (especially at the back) is much
lower than Bayern's or Madrid's individual quality for example. And I doubt that they can make up for it, somehow.
:rotf: :rotf:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i think danfo and spatic are the two most clueless and useless forumers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:Spaz, my drift is it's still early days. Chelsea will most definitely buy a striker. I don't know who but my bet is that they will spend anywhere from 60 to 70 mill on a striker. And they will also buy at least one if not two full backs to add to the former city goalie, rudiger and Bakayoko to add to the team that won EPL 2 out of the last three years.

ManU has José, a deep squad, and very deep pockets to keep adding to the squad before the window closes. Definitely a title contender.

Arsenal's case is arguable mostly because they've lacked ambition over the last 12 years. Then again if Leicester can pop out of nowhere to win the title, then Arsenal is more than capable notwithstanding the Sanchez saga.

:clap: Oracle!

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

kofi86 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sounds like those guys that get rejected by a girl and then they start insulting them and telling everyone "I didn't even want you anyway." "You're not even that fine." "*Nice Lady*." Etc. Etc."

--------------------------------------------
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Most expensive defender again
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:Most expensive defender again

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: