Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 33790
Location: UK
Nigeria Squad:
Jay-Jay Okocha (Capt), Celestine Babayaro, Daniel Amokachi, Julius Aghahowa, Garba Lawal, Joseph Yobo, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Peter Rufai, Uche Okechukwu

King Kanu not participating. :(

Groups:
Image

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12101
Location: USA
I'd pay good money to watch this. Any streaming service?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 25093
Finidi should have been drafted

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5057
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
This looks interesting. Like the Big3 in American basketball.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:09 pm
Posts: 9560
Agahowa is not good enough. I would have preferred the Yak.

_________________
Bushboy's bushmen : 1. Odion Ighalo 2. Anthony Ujah 3. Isaac Success 4. Nathan Oduwa
Who will be next?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 9330
Location: seattle
:woot:

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 9330
Location: seattle
bushboy wrote:
Agahowa is not good enough. I would have preferred the Yak.


here we go with same old Nigeria demise; Unrealistic narratives.
Organizers obviously specifically targeted the lineups and the Teams; besides can a dead man play? sharapp and go with it

http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 33790
Location: UK
bushboy wrote:
Agahowa is not good enough. I would have preferred the Yak.
You sure say Yak still fit carry leg? :lol:

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 pm
Posts: 436
Location: moscow,Russia
I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..

_________________
afc##


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 4708
Location: The Niger Delta
chuks69 wrote:
I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..


Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 pm
Posts: 436
Location: moscow,Russia
Obong wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..


Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.


All the best to our boys.. But i dont see enough goal scorers in the team, or better still, we should have used players who retired not more than 5 years ago..

_________________
afc##


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 40372
chuks69 wrote:
Obong wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..


Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.


All the best to our boys.. But i dont see enough goal scorers in the team, or better still, we should have used players who retired not more than 5 years ago..



Why? is there something you are afraid of? :lol:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 4642
Location: London, UK
I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday

_________________
"Mehn, he is our coach and even with all my anger........... I dont want to see Wenger hurt" "- CE Mke 1010 - 20/08/2012


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12101
Location: USA
EagleGunner wrote:
I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday



I envy you bro. I haven't found any vieiwing alternatives for those of us across the pond...The thought briefly crossed my mind to fly over to London to watch that game, and then fly back...but my good senses were restored shortly after. Madam sef go think say I don crase if I mention am :lol:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:07 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38945
What the heck is this?

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 28215
EagleGunner wrote:
I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday

My ticket arrived yesterday :thumbs: :thumbs:

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:58 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 33790
Location: UK
JJ on Sky Sports: "Many of us are going about our businesses....but hopefully, I still have it"
Reporter: "You still have it!"

There's only one JJ. :thumbs:

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14867
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
This is like some exhibition game of oldies. Surprised in the interest that it has generated.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 2438
Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12101
Location: USA
Spicyee wrote:
Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/


I'd take the Nigerian team over Port and Spain....

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 2438
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/


I'd take the Nigerian team over Port and Spain....

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too

The Nigerian team is pretty light in the goal-scoring department... :idea:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12101
Location: USA
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/


I'd take the Nigerian team over Port and Spain....

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too

The Nigerian team is pretty light in the goal-scoring department... :idea:



What about Brazil? You picked them but you seemed to have missed that they have no traditional scorer. I think you're just using your Nigerian eye to look down on our team.

6v6 in small enclosures is not designed for traditional CFs in my opinion...I think Amo and Ikpeba can do the biz. And they'd be ably supported by Jay Jay.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12101
Location: USA
Damunk wrote:
JJ on Sky Sports: "Many of us are going about our businesses....but hopefully, I still have it"
Reporter: "You still have it!"

There's only one JJ. :thumbs:


Oooooooo....Its so flipping annoying that I can't watch this tourney.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1naija, Ahidjo, balo, Bigpokey24, Bing [Bot], bully12, Cito, EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, Google [Bot], Gunzilla, ikemba_nacho, Siddonlook11, toyin133, zee and 59 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group