Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 pm 

Nigeria Squad:
Jay-Jay Okocha (Capt), Celestine Babayaro, Daniel Amokachi, Julius Aghahowa, Garba Lawal, Joseph Yobo, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Peter Rufai, Uche Okechukwu

King Kanu not participating. :(

Groups:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 pm 

I'd pay good money to watch this. Any streaming service?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:05 pm 

Finidi should have been drafted

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:49 pm 

This looks interesting. Like the Big3 in American basketball.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:15 am 

Agahowa is not good enough. I would have preferred the Yak.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:05 am 

:woot:

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:12 am 

bushboy wrote:

here we go with same old Nigeria demise; Unrealistic narratives.
Organizers obviously specifically targeted the lineups and the Teams; besides can a dead man play? sharapp and go with it

http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:10 am 

bushboy wrote:
You sure say Yak still fit carry leg? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:40 pm 

I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:08 pm 

chuks69 wrote:
I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..

Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:27 pm 

Obong wrote:
chuks69 wrote:

Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.

All the best to our boys.. But i dont see enough goal scorers in the team, or better still, we should have used players who retired not more than 5 years ago..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:05 pm 

chuks69 wrote:
Obong wrote:
chuks69 wrote:

All the best to our boys.. But i dont see enough goal scorers in the team, or better still, we should have used players who retired not more than 5 years ago..

Why? is there something you are afraid of? :lol:

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:42 pm 

I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:01 am 

EagleGunner wrote:

I envy you bro. I haven't found any vieiwing alternatives for those of us across the pond...The thought briefly crossed my mind to fly over to London to watch that game, and then fly back...but my good senses were restored shortly after. Madam sef go think say I don crase if I mention am :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:07 am 

What the heck is this?

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:29 am 

EagleGunner wrote:

My ticket arrived yesterday :thumbs: :thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:58 am 

JJ on Sky Sports: "Many of us are going about our businesses....but hopefully, I still have it"
Reporter: "You still have it!"

There's only one JJ. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:59 pm 

This is like some exhibition game of oldies. Surprised in the interest that it has generated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:35 pm 

Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:53 pm 

Spicyee wrote:
Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/

I'd take the Nigerian team over Port and Spain....

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:03 pm 

deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too

The Nigerian team is pretty light in the goal-scoring department... :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:19 pm 

Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:

The Nigerian team is pretty light in the goal-scoring department... :idea:

What about Brazil? You picked them but you seemed to have missed that they have no traditional scorer. I think you're just using your Nigerian eye to look down on our team.

6v6 in small enclosures is not designed for traditional CFs in my opinion...I think Amo and Ikpeba can do the biz. And they'd be ably supported by Jay Jay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm 

Damunk wrote:
JJ on Sky Sports: "Many of us are going about our businesses....but hopefully, I still have it"
Reporter: "You still have it!"

There's only one JJ. :thumbs:

Oooooooo....Its so flipping annoying that I can't watch this tourney.