Kelechi Iheanacho Set for £25M Leicester City Move

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Set for £25M Leicester City Move

Post by Coach »

How can one be so adamant in the assertion that Team X doesn't suit the style of a player who has barely a season of top flight football to their name? If Iheanacho doesn't like to run, he can effing learn to run, t'is that perceived laziness that saw him riding pine at the Etihad. Those assuming Tottenham do not press just as aggressively as any other are gravely mistaken. In terms of average distance covered, Spurs ranked top 5. Whether Leicester or the Lane, he'll have to work hard and there's absolutely no reason why he can't. Arguably more talented than Rashford but with a fraction of the desire, t'is no surprise to see the more talented player gathering lichen on the bench. Iheanacho can be whatever he wants, hopefully he'll seize the opportunity and reach for the stars.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

mcal wrote:
deanotito wrote:Just thinking out loud...Leicester will be laid bare if Nigeria were to qualify for the afcon. They're taking a significant "country risk" with 2 Nigerian first teamers
...they, those oyinbo coaches, never think of that until that day...ANC date arrives.

Wo, me I no mind sha. Anywhere that keeps our boys in the elite leagues and away from turkey, china et al is good with me. The fact sey dem go resemble Secondary School select during Afcon no concern me. Afterall, no condition is permanent. :D
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so where the heck is Kelechi going? because i have tickets to see united vs city next week
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Spurs is the best move in my expert opinion.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

King Futcha wrote:Spurs is the best move in my expert opinion.
Not if immediate and ample playing Time are his concern
Last edited by green4life on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

My loyalties to Arsenal will be tested for the Arsenal/LC opener... Damn, I might have to root for my paddies.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Terrible move, won't get playing time,and long term Spurs is for losers. At least Leicester has won the EPL in this decade.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Whether Iheanacho is set for Leicester/SPUDS move or NOT, at the end of the day, its still going to be ......

..... Arsenal for life ! :D
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

green4life wrote:
Not if immediate and ample playing Time are his concern
I understand that but he's too good to play for a mid table side, I'd take my chances.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is a young player, playing regularly is more important than playing at a big club. Just after the U17 tourney, my preference was for him to go to Ajax. But agents and parents chose Man city for him. I don't blame them the money is good at Man city.

khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

IAG, if Kelechi moves to Spurs, my Spurs move becomes official.
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what's all these wahala about Kele's image rights between two firms?
SuperEagles

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Kele didn't fly out with the squad to Houston...and isn't expected to come to the USA for the pre-season tour(even though some others, Yaya and Sane didn't fly out yet, they are apparently expected later).

A move is supposed to be really imminent.

--------------------------------------------
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Leicester should be very careful
The probability of Nacho making any meaningful impact is 33%
This is based on the sample of Nigerians that have previously played for the club

Failures: Yakubu Aiyegbeni & Musa
Success: Ndidi (albeit, he will flop next season)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Rawlings wrote:Leicester should be very careful
This is based on the sample of Nigerians that have previously played for the club

What is the probability of him relegating them .... the way Jordan Ayew did Aston Villa?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

okuns wrote:My loyalties to Arsenal will be tested for the Arsenal/LC opener... Damn, I might have to root for my paddies.
Our brothers should have a very good game, but we should win.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Rawlings wrote:Leicester should be very careful

11 goals in 20 Appearances is a flop? For where?

Do you know how many goals Yakubu has in English Football?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Pep confirms Kelechi is leaving but looks like Bony will remain at City.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40661051

While Aguero is set to stay at Etihad Stadium, fellow striker Kelechi Iheanacho is close to completing a £25m move to Leicester City.

The 20-year-old has scored 21 goals in 64 games in all competitions since making his debut in 2015.

Guardiola said: "Kelechi's a young player. It's not easy for him.

"He needs to play at that age and that's why he and the club decided it was best for him to leave."

Another striker, Wilfried Bony, who spent last season on loan at Stoke having moved to Manchester City from Swansea for £28m in 2015, is absent from the club's pre-season tour of the United States.

Guardiola said Bony had "a little problem" and the 26-year-old would have travelled "if he wasn't injured".
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

platinum wrote:Pep confirms Kelechi is leaving but looks like Bony will remain at City.

While Aguero is set to stay at Etihad Stadium, fellow striker Kelechi Iheanacho is close to completing a £25m move to Leicester City.

The 20-year-old has scored 21 goals in 64 games in all competitions since making his debut in 2015.

"He needs to play at that age and that's why he and the club decided it was best for him to leave."

Another striker, Wilfried Bony, who spent last season on loan at Stoke having moved to Manchester City from Swansea for £28m in 2015, is absent from the club's pre-season tour of the United States.

Guardiola said Bony had "a little problem" and the 26-year-old would have travelled "if he wasn't injured".
SMDH
I asked Pep about Kelechi and Bony. The English media were busy asking about Danilo and Claudio Bravo etc. etc. They didn't care to ask about Kele and Bony.
Of course by the time I get back to submit his answer, the English outlets already posted Pep's answers. :curse: :curse:

--------------------------------------------
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hope Man city loses every game this up coming season.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

F360 wrote:
platinum wrote:Pep confirms Kelechi is leaving but looks like Bony will remain at City.

SMDH
I asked Pep about Kelechi and Bony. The English media were busy asking about Danilo and Claudio Bravo etc. etc. They didn't care to ask about Kele and Bony.
Of course by the time I get back to submit his answer, the English outlets already posted Pep's answers. :curse: :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You're lucky they didn't add 'curry' and 'pepper' to the tale.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well done f360.. you've done well to cover our player.. now when is LCFC playing assnal?
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

F360 wrote:

SMDH
Na real wa, good job sha! Hopefully, a move will be completed else the bobo might spend next season with Man City reserves, and he needs to be playing so he can be sharp for SE.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!