'STAR SIXES' - JJ Captains Nigeria Squad (July 13-16)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
'STAR SIXES' - JJ Captains Nigeria Squad (July 13-16)

Post by Damunk »

Nigeria Squad:
Jay-Jay Okocha (Capt), Celestine Babayaro, Daniel Amokachi, Julius Aghahowa, Garba Lawal, Joseph Yobo, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Peter Rufai, Uche Okechukwu

King Kanu not participating. :(

Groups:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 'STAR SIXES' - JJ Captains Nigeria Squad (July 13-16)

Post by deanotito »

I'd pay good money to watch this. Any streaming service?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Finidi should have been drafted
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

This looks interesting. Like the Big3 in American basketball.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Agahowa is not good enough. I would have preferred the Yak.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

:woot:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bushboy wrote:Agahowa is not good enough. I would have preferred the Yak.
here we go with same old Nigeria demise; Unrealistic narratives.
Organizers obviously specifically targeted the lineups and the Teams; besides can a dead man play? sharapp and go with it

http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bushboy wrote:Agahowa is not good enough. I would have preferred the Yak.
You sure say Yak still fit carry leg? :lol:
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..
afc##
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

chuks69 wrote:I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..
Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Obong wrote:
chuks69 wrote:I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..
Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.
All the best to our boys.. But i dont see enough goal scorers in the team, or better still, we should have used players who retired not more than 5 years ago..
afc##
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

chuks69 wrote:
Obong wrote:
All the best to our boys.. But i dont see enough goal scorers in the team, or better still, we should have used players who retired not more than 5 years ago..

Why? is there something you are afraid of? :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

EagleGunner wrote:I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday

I envy you bro. I haven't found any vieiwing alternatives for those of us across the pond...The thought briefly crossed my mind to fly over to London to watch that game, and then fly back...but my good senses were restored shortly after. Madam sef go think say I don crase if I mention am :lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What the heck is this?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

EagleGunner wrote:I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday
My ticket arrived yesterday :thumbs: :thumbs:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JJ on Sky Sports: "Many of us are going about our businesses....but hopefully, I still have it"
Reporter: "You still have it!"

There's only one JJ. :thumbs:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

This is like some exhibition game of oldies. Surprised in the interest that it has generated.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Spicyee wrote:Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/
I'd take the Nigerian team over Port and Spain....

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too
The Nigerian team is pretty light in the goal-scoring department... :idea:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:

The Nigerian team is pretty light in the goal-scoring department... :idea:

What about Brazil? You picked them but you seemed to have missed that they have no traditional scorer. I think you're just using your Nigerian eye to look down on our team.

6v6 in small enclosures is not designed for traditional CFs in my opinion...I think Amo and Ikpeba can do the biz. And they'd be ably supported by Jay Jay.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote:JJ on Sky Sports: "Many of us are going about our businesses....but hopefully, I still have it"
Reporter: "You still have it!"

There's only one JJ. :thumbs:
Oooooooo....Its so flipping annoying that I can't watch this tourney.