'STAR SIXES' - JJ Captains Nigeria Squad (July 13-16)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 'STAR SIXES' - JJ Captains Nigeria Squad (July 13-16)

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/
I'd take the Nigerian team over Port and Spain....

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too
The Nigerian team is pretty light in the goal-scoring department... :idea:

What about Brazil? You picked them but you seemed to have missed that they have no traditional scorer. I think you're just using your Nigerian eye to look down on our team.

6v6 in small enclosures is not designed for traditional CFs in my opinion...I think Amo and Ikpeba can do the biz. And they'd be ably supported by Jay Jay.
What the hell are you guys on about? When last did y'all see any of these old heads play?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Prince wrote:
EagleGunner wrote:I'll be watching the Brazil vs Nigeria match on Saturday
My ticket arrived yesterday :thumbs: :thumbs:

Junior Ally
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Spicyee wrote:Based on team selection, Portugal, Spain and Brazil definitely have an edge...http://starsixes.com/2017-london/teams-players/
Portugal down 3-4 to Denmark...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Brazil is definitely a notch above...on paper at least. Italy might be tricky too

What about Brazil? You picked them but you seemed to have missed that they have no traditional scorer. I think you're just using your Nigerian eye to look down on our team.

6v6 in small enclosures is not designed for traditional CFs in my opinion...I think Amo and Ikpeba can do the biz. And they'd be ably supported by Jay Jay.

What the hell are you guys on about? When last did y'all see any of these old heads play?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Since when did that matter on CE?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Nija up next against China.....

Oga Jay Jay and the boys warming up.. :drool: :drool: :drool:
To God be the glory
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yakubu dey team o!
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

2-0 Nija

The YAKKKKKKKK 2 goals.
To God be the glory
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

no livestream link or anything?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Rufai looking very trim!
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

3-2 FT

Oga JJ entertained the crowd
YAK finished well
LAwal, Babayaro and JAG/Okechukwu manned the back well

Good effort, come back tomorrow to play Brazil or Italy.
To God be the glory
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

[/video]
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Class is permanent my broda....Na peepu wey no sabi ball for young age no sabi am for old age....You may be slower, and less mobile, but if you had class when you were active, e go show still.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

metalalloy wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Obong wrote:
chuks69 wrote:I would have preferred Alloy Agu in goal or Ike Shorunmu as against Peter Rufai, because the other two are still invovled in GK coaching capacity compared to Rufai who has just gone AWAOL.. As per striking. Lets hope Agahowa would do okay.. Instead of Ikpeba, may be Amuneke, would have been good. I have seen Uche Okechukwu play recently and he is still that gentle rock..
Rufai is certainly not AWOL. I know he presently runs a football academy in Lagos. I was also on the same flight with him and a bunch of ex-Super Eagles stars( Adepoju, Ikpeba, Waidi Akanni, Akpoborire) in December 2015 en route Uyo to play in an annual All-Star match hosted by former Governor Akpabio in his Ikot Ekpene hometown(Kanu and Yobo were to drive in from Owerri and Port-Harcourt respectively). Also, I believe he was listed as the goalkeeper coach for the u20 team that played in the Junior AFCON a couple of years ago.
All the best to our boys.. But i dont see enough goal scorers in the team, or better still, we should have used players who retired not more than 5 years ago..
Why? is there something you are afraid of? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

YAK looks fiter and slimmer than in his active years. :o
And Jay Jay looks fit as always - He could still teach the young boys some tricks in a competitive game.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kai see how Babayaro got tired after 3 minutes. Amokachi nah jambodi player, scored a nice chip. Garba lawal, short 1 as usual. Taribo has not forgotten how to be a hooligan. Yak, missing 5 chances to score 1 as usual. Took his goals well. Good stuff to watch sha. See Jay jay! And how could i forget Dodo Mayana himself!De guy no dey old at all!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

DAgrin wrote:YAK looks fiter and slimmer than in his active years. :o
And Jay Jay looks fit as always - He could still teach the young boys some tricks in a competitive game.
For real...I think he can hack 20 minutes in some African qualifier to be honest. And he'll make at least 1 assist
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Brazil.. Portugal.. France .. Spain. Chei!! Is this shown on Supersports?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Spicyee wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Class is permanent my broda....Na peepu wey no sabi ball for young age no sabi am for old age....You may be slower, and less mobile, but if you had class when you were active, e go show still.
Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Next up; Italy, about to start
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Was at the o2 yesterday with my son. He was very disappointed not to see JJ play. From what i saw we are going to get thrashed by Brazil :atc:

Most o fthe guys there are not fit at all. Uche, Taribo, Emma Okocha are definitely way past it. Amokachi has a bad knee so he can be excused.

Yakubu and Rufai have been the best performers so far. And surprisingly the oldest member of the team Rufai looked the fittest :blink:

Little aside... Nigerian disorganisation was on show again as there was nobody available to take a team photo...
YNWA