Nigeria vs China: 21:45 Tonight!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs China: 21:45 Tonight!!

Post by oyek »

I like it.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rufai no dey age?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

ohenhen1 wrote:China second goal was offside. Is there offside rules?
No offside rules, even throwin sef na with hand :wink:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:Rufai no dey age?
I was shocked too.
Looking extremely trim and very agile....even more than his last WC appearance
This is the guy that social media was saying was dead or dying not long ago....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Globero wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:China second goal was offside. Is there offside rules?
No offside rules, even throwin sef na with hand :wink:
Leg, you mean.
Also, time-out dey.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

The much anticipated star Sixes tournament kicked off in London on Thursday night with some of the biggest names in football history rolled back the years...... http://www.soccerassembly.com/everton-l ... eat-china/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It was refreshing watching the legends. Jay Jay still got it. The yak was the MOM..2 goals and an assist. Lawal, was still doing what he did best. Amo, was clinical and very competitive. Taribo still got that motion of when he fouls you..raising both hands up..."I didn't touch him"..I enjoyed the game
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

The Eagle wrote:It was good to see classic Eagles players on the "field" again, including a veteran of Algiers'90 .... but .... eh ....

(a) We may need Oloye to "storm" the camp before we play Brazil and Italy. Don't ask me to explain why, just take it as I said it. :)

(b) Okay, who is the agent that is using this match to market Emmanuel Okocha? Where are the dropologists to investigate? :)

PS: Thanks highbury for posting the video.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yobo and Ikpeba were missing and were replaced by Yakubu and Emmanuel Okocha. I guess the time was too short to get replacements so they added those 2 because they are both based in the UK. I may be wrong but I don't know if Emmanuel Okocha was ever capped though because one criteria for being a squad member is having a minimum of one international cap. Oloye could have been a better option.
yes o
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

papilo wrote:
The Eagle wrote:It was good to see classic Eagles players on the "field" again, including a veteran of Algiers'90 .... but .... eh ....

(a) We may need Oloye to "storm" the camp before we play Brazil and Italy. Don't ask me to explain why, just take it as I said it. :)

(b) Okay, who is the agent that is using this match to market Emmanuel Okocha? Where are the dropologists to investigate? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yobo and Ikpeba were missing and were replaced by Yakubu and Emmanuel Okocha. I guess the time was too short to get replacements so they added those 2 because they are both based in the UK. I may be wrong but I don't know if Emmanuel Okocha was ever capped though because one criteria for being a squad member is having a minimum of one international cap. Oloye could have been a better option.
Yes, he was capped by Westerhoff and won a silver medal with Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Enugu II wrote:
papilo wrote:

:thumb: :thumb: Thanks!!
yes o
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Amo with his trademark goal celebration (head shake)....pure nostalgia watching :thumbs:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Mr Shows wrote:Amo with his trademark goal celebration (head shake)....pure nostalgia watching :thumbs:
It was fun. Miss all those boys...those were the days
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

why did Oliseh not play? or even Emenalo...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I no watch the game but Papillo nko? Did he play? If no, why not?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

between this tournament and the big three, i'm in heaven!
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Just watched the whole game on youtube, the thing sweet me well well! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

deanotito wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Amo with his trademark goal celebration (head shake)....pure nostalgia watching :thumbs:
It was fun. Miss all those boys...those were the days
Watching the game yesterday brought back good memories. Especially when Taribo West, Uche Okechukwu and Celestine Babayaro were all on the pitch together at some point during the game as a back 3. Also, Garba Lawal seemed to play every position yesterday. Same ol same ol I guess. It was lovely.
yes o
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:I feel crazy even analyzing this game :lol: :lol: :lol: But nothing spoil....these are my own Super Eagles, so here goes:

-Doesn't appear they started their best team
-Looks like Cele and Jay Jay are in the best shape
-Uche played well, but he looks like a Nigerian Senator out there...he should just stay at the back...if he ventures forward, he is ripe for molestation :lol: :lol:
-Yak :roll: If it wasn't for his above average poaching, this boy just dey spoil ball. I still think the size of the field and rules are more suited for more mobile/technical players, but he scored, so oh well....He couldn't make a decent pass all game though
-In my eyes, The Bull can do no wrong....so lets leave it there :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
-Nigeria clearly tried to sit on their 2 goal lead, and China scored after we made it 3:0...mostly due to a loss of concentration in Defense
-Its been so long Emma Okocha played ball that he doesn't even run like a footballer anymore....talk less of play like one. Seriously looked out of place even among retirees
-Given Super Eagles current Goal Keeping crisis, maybe we should recall R....Oh sorry, never mind :roll:

I'd suggest they start: Rufai, West, Uche, Cele, Jay Jay, Amo for Brazil, and see how it works...if things star breaking down, they can always change.

Highbury, thanks for sharing.

Cele had his hands on his waist after the first couple of minutes and was the first sub! Amokachi was a constant source of fouls that he committed, he finished his goal well, but that was about it. Yak made one good pass, he set up Amokachi for his goal.
Last edited by metalalloy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oglex30 wrote:Garba was the best player on the field.

I cant remember one pass that he completed. He was more in contention for the worst player on the field.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Cristao II wrote:why did Oliseh not play? or even Emenalo...
They are busy with their clubs.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
oglex30 wrote:Garba was the best player on the field.

I cant remember one pass that he completed. He was more in contention for the worst player on the field.
Please leave am....Ever since Garba broke into the National Team, there has always been this small but very vocal minority trying to convince us that we didn't see what we just saw for 90 minutes. Troussier was chief among them...
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Enugu II wrote:
papilo wrote:

You know, I said "a" veteran of Algiers'90, meaning Emmanuel Okocha .... probably because when I think of Uche, I think of 1994, 1996 and 1998 .... but Uche also played at Algiers'90, almost 30 years ago.

The commentators referred to Nigeria and China as being the two oldest teams at the tournament, with a 42+ average age. Per their wiki pages, Uche and Rufai will be 50 and 54 respectively later this year. It would really be nice to see our legends win this "friendly" tournament, but .... I don't know.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.