Nigeria vs China: 21:45 Tonight!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs China: 21:45 Tonight!!

Post by Prince »

Great to see Se back to our usual playing style, Garba Lawal wins the ball and passes 2 meters to Oga who finds Yak with a no look pass
Oya back to the matter
open and close
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Kai, football is definitely a young folks' game. See stomach everywhere.
I really miss the SE. Of old!!

[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
naijaguy
Egg
Egg
ThE sixties highlights

Post by naijaguy »

NIGERIA 3 CHINA 2
[/video]
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

papilo wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Amo with his trademark goal celebration (head shake)....pure nostalgia watching :thumbs:
It was fun. Miss all those boys...those were the days
Watching the game yesterday brought back good memories. Especially when Taribo West, Uche Okechukwu and Celestine Babayaro were all on the pitch together at some point during the game as a back 3. Also, Garba Lawal seemed to play every position yesterday. Same ol same ol I guess. It was lovely.
No joke. Seeing all those boys, and their trademark habits. Who can forget how Taribo raises his hands like a chicken so the referee doesn't call a foul.....Uche on his own playing a stabilizing role in defense...still telling West how to position himself and all. Rufai...looking the same, and from the looks of that first Chinese goal, he brought the good and the bad Rufai we had grown used to seeing. The Bull being The Bull...Cele trying to rove up and down as usual. Jay Jay couldn't let a game go by without his trademark step over, and no look passes.

Chei, reminds me of a time the SE were downright fun to watch.

The only players that didn't really look themselves were Aghahowa and maybe Emma Okocha.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

deanotito wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Amo with his trademark goal celebration (head shake)....pure nostalgia watching :thumbs:
Amo was a beast whenever he put on the GWG. I am sure he must have shed a tear or two putting that shirt on again..
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Mr Shows wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Amo was a beast whenever he put on the GWG. I am sure he must have shed a tear or two putting that shirt on again..

Yeah...wouldn't be surprising. There are a few players I can remember that treated that green jersey as a call to war. Amo ranks high up there. He played out of his skin for Nigeria
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

deanotito wrote:I'd suggest they start: Rufai, West, Uche, Cele, Jay Jay, Amo for Brazil, and see how it works...if things star breaking down, they can always change.
What of the formation? 3-2-0, 2-1-2 or 2-2-1? :)

Rufai will have more work to do than he had against China. Considering the squad (and the unlikelihood of Oloye storming the camp), we may need to deploy Amokachi as the main central defender .... his ruthless tackling would intimidate the retired Brazilians (and he seems fitter than our defenders).
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The Eagle wrote:
deanotito wrote:I'd suggest they start: Rufai, West, Uche, Cele, Jay Jay, Amo for Brazil, and see how it works...if things star breaking down, they can always change.
What of the formation? 3-2-0, 2-1-2 or 2-2-1? :)

Rufai will have more work to do than he had against China. Considering the squad (and the unlikelihood of Oloye storming the camp), we may need to deploy Amokachi as the main central defender .... his ruthless tackling would intimidate the retired Brazilians (and he seems fitter than our defenders).
:lol: :lol:

Unlike the Chinese, I expect the Italians and the Brazilians to take goal-bound shots from far and wide. I saw the lone Italian goal vs. Brazil yesterday, and I was in awe....so we better close them down quick. Both us and the Chinese were trying extremely pass happy with goal scoring...I'd like us to try start taking shots from near midfield and testing the keeper's concentration too.

On Amo...though I don't like to criticize The Bull...he was clearly at fault for the 2nd Chinese goal. So, lets not make him central D abeg.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Nigeria V Italy coming soon.
Brazil 7 V 0 China
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

eyan wrote:China playing half field with us. Our player no fit move.... lol. Rufai keeping us in the game so far.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chief, moving is not easy. Try some little jogging and see for yourself how much you have changed if you have NOT been jogging for awhile.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Oga JJ leads the boys in...... :clap: :clap:

Time to take our revenge for 1994.... :mad:
To God be the glory
Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: ThE sixties highlights

Post by Obong »

Great seeing the legends again. They all still got it.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Obong wrote:Great seeing the legends again. They all still got it.
Nah, these guys still got it...

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
Obong wrote:Great seeing the legends again. They all still got it.
Nah, these guys still got it...

[/video]
You are forgetting that Brazilians play futsal for fun. This is their bread and butter. Although, to be fair, we play "choosing" and yet, we still yeye. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?