The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Well I guess Sanchez has pulled a Van Persia on Arsenal and basically given them the finger ..... why they didn't extend this man after a wonderful first season into a five year contract at top money will never cease to amaze me at This Penny wise, pound foolish Mickey Mouse outfit :curse:

Tufiakwa :curse:
bia wetin happen?

You dey ask question? :rotf: I told you guys Sanchez was gone! Some people attacked me! The man has told Arsenal to accept the bid from ______. He did I privately multiple times, and now has been forced to do it publically. O pari!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Thoroughly enjoyed having the guys in town, in the past had planned on making a trip to north london to them play, however seeing Nigeria play in the World Cup comes first, here are some pictures from the past few days. Arsenal has huge support in Australia and they would sell out anytime they come down. The media commented on how well they did the tour, they ran camps and really got involved whilst here. Most of the time PL clubs come, stay in the hotel, play the game and go, its essentially a cash grab for them. This was different and I am sure the club has created new young gooners, there were so many clinics on and this was great to see.

As for the games I went to both and to be honest, Walcott has reached his peak, needs a lot of chances to convert and this wont change. Iwobi is a class player and whilst being biased, it reminded me of how he was scapegoated last season to an extent and looking forward to him getting more playing time. Lacazette hustles and when you watch him busting his guts to make runs and try and be in the right position to do the business, it reassures you that this is money well spent.

This is the preseason and the first 2 games of it never really hold any weight, its just to limber up and get the engine running, so beyond a great time, its hard to really put any weight on the game itself.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Big Ups to you men unlike the London Internet mob who don't even know where highbury or the Emirates are talk less of Attending a game :rotf: but then expect to be taken seriously with their ceaseless incoherent babbling :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:Big Ups to you men unlike the London Internet mob who don't even know where highbury or the Emirates are talk less of Attending a game :rotf: but then expect to be taken seriously with their ceaseless incoherent babbling :laugh:

Haba...you no see our UK CE's for Arsenal TV? Waffi goes by Ty, Gooner is Troopz, while Kajifu is Kelechi.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Big Ups to you men unlike the London Internet mob who don't even know where highbury or the Emirates are talk less of Attending a game :rotf: but then expect to be taken seriously with their ceaseless incoherent babbling :laugh:

Haba...you no see our UK CE's for Arsenal TV? Waffi goes by Ty, Gooner is Troopz, while Kajifu is Kelechi.

Really
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Really
Nice one, Ikemba. Well played. :clap: :clap:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

[quote="ikemba_nacho"]Thoroughly enjoyed having the guys in town, in the past had planned on making a trip to north london to them play, however seeing Nigeria play in the World Cup comes first, here are some pictures from the past few days. Arsenal has huge support in Australia and they would sell out anytime they come down. The media commented on how well they did the tour, they ran camps and really got involved whilst here. Most of the time PL clubs come, stay in the hotel, play the game and go, its essentially a cash grab for them. This was different and I am sure the club has created new young gooners, there were so many clinics on and this was great to see.

As for the games I went to both and to be honest, Walcott has reached his peak, needs a lot of chances to convert and this wont change. Iwobi is a class player and whilst being biased, it reminded me of how he was scapegoated last season to an extent and looking forward to him getting more playing time. Lacazette hustles and when you watch him busting his guts to make runs and try and be in the right position to do the business, it reassures you that this is money well spent.

This is the preseason and the first 2 games of it never really hold any weight, its just to limber up and get the engine running, so beyond a great time, its hard to really put any weight on the game itself.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Nice one. I read some newspaper articles and they were very impressed with Arsenal, especially how they conducted the themselves and the tour. The Australians saw it was not a cash grab, were full of praise for Arsenal.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

ikemba_nacho wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Really

I been dey suspect say na Robbynice before :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

theYemster wrote:Yet another reason why I don't think Arsenal can win the big trophies with Wenger as coach.

And one wonders why Arsenal players are mentality soft.
Dude its only a friendly.

No harm done in doing what Wenger said. Some people need to take a chill pill.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:Yet another reason why I don't think Arsenal can win the big trophies with Wenger as coach.

And one wonders why Arsenal players are mentality soft.
Dude its only a friendly.

No harm done in doing what Wenger said. Some people need to take a chill pill.

I actually agree with AW. It WAS a friendly. Not sure how I would feel if I won because my opponent was cheated. Remember the "infamous" Kanu goal? I also remember John Terry cheating Arsenal which led to us conceding a crucial goal. It was very unsportsman-like. Even in the WC finals, RvP wasted a corner-kick purposely, after forcing Casillas to make a save and concede a corner while returning the ball to Spain.

To be fair to the Yemster, he is a Patriots fan...you know what they resort to in order to win :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:Like I said here, Sanchez has demanded to arsenal to sell him. he has told them on multiple occasions. Yet, some busybody here was questioning me. Anyway, hope you have now heard it from Sanchez himself, today.
He's as much of a diva as we choose to indulge him.
We ain't selling unless we get a mind blowing offer - he knows that. His reason for wanting to leave is bunkum(in my opinion).
We've a contract & it must be honoured - from Jan he can verbally agree to go anywhere but no way must we help Manc get that EPL rock.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Really

I been dey suspect say na Robbynice before :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Personally I don't blame Alexis Sanchez but the clueless Arsenal management .... no way this should have come to this ... this team keeps catering to scrubs yet allow a true baller like this to run down his contract .... honestly this is shocking gross mismanagement and lack of foresight .... Tufiakwa :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:Personally I don't blame Alexis Sanchez but the clueless Arsenal management .... no way this should have come to this ... this team keeps catering to scrubs yet allow a true baller like this to run down his contract .... honestly this is shocking gross mismanagement and lack of foresight .... Tufiakwa :curse:
Uncle relax, Wenger knows best, Alexis can stick it where the sun don't shine. We trust Wenger to bring in a player better than Alexis and we will win major trophies come May.Where is Van Persie today? Where is Nasri,where is Adebaluck.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Personally I don't blame Alexis Sanchez but the clueless Arsenal management .... no way this should have come to this ... this team keeps catering to scrubs yet allow a true baller like this to run down his contract .... honestly this is shocking gross mismanagement and lack of foresight .... Tufiakwa :curse:
What has he said that is wrong?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Like I suspected.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... d-10810376

The club is better off selling Giroud. Get Welbeck and Lucas ready to backup Lacazette. W
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^within the Wengerian utopia, they were all called Kings and kept the castle. Is it any surprise Giroud is unhappy? By deliberate design, for many it was forever summer, now winter is coming, can he blamed for his upset?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Rumor mill going crazy and I suspect mostly all lies ...

Everton want Walcott, Arsenal now want Morata as well :laugh: , and Aguero / Sanchez swap still on

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
What has he said that is wrong?

What???????? :???: :???:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/stat ... 6966549504

Monaco just do not want to sell.

Oh maybe we are about to botch yet another transfer window?

Let's offer them Ox as part of the package, and then just send them Gibbs instead, hoping they won't know the difference.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Let's offer them Ox as part of the package, and then just send them Gibbs instead, hoping they won't know the difference.
Exactly. The excuses have started.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Is that not a scam? :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho