The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bk-one
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/stat ... 6966549504

Monaco just do not want to sell.
But they just sold bakayoko to Chelsea. Its not just about monaco not wanting to sell but more about how arsenal approach their transfer dealings. Remember that Arsenal wouldnt have signed lacazette if Atletico madrid was not banned from signing players. You cant rely on the universe aligning on your favor all the time in order to be able to make high quality signings. Right now Monaco dont really have to sell to Arsenal coz they just sold Bakayoko to Chelsea for quite a reasonable price.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:

But they just sold bakayoko to Chelsea. Its not just about monaco not wanting to sell but more about how arsenal approach their transfer dealings. Remember that Arsenal wouldnt have signed lacazette if Atletico madrid was not banned from signing players. You cant rely on the universe aligning on your favor all the time in order to be able to make high quality signings. Right now Monaco dont really have to sell to Arsenal coz they just sold Bakayoko to Chelsea for quite a reasonable price.
Don't be surprise if another team show interest and want the player Monaco will sell
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people lets give it to the Aussie fans

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:Yet another reason why I don't think Arsenal can win the big trophies with Wenger as coach.

And one wonders why Arsenal players are mentality soft.
Dude its only a friendly.

No harm done in doing what Wenger said. Some people need to take a chill pill.
I disagree.

Wenger should train those guys to play the game without sentiment. After the game he can admit the ref got the call wrong but for him to say Welbz shouldn't have taken the PK is programming him to be soft. It's not Welbeck's job to error correct and bail the ref out of a bad call. It's his job to go out there and be ruthless. If the ref gives you an undeserved PK your job as a player is to step up and score regardless not to be sensitive towards your opponents...friendly or not.

Friendlies isn't just for fun and trying tactics. You develop your mindset and mentality as well. If you start teaching them to not go all in cos the ref made a bad call, what's to so them subconsciously having the same mentality during competitive games?

I'm not saying Wenger shouldn't be sentimental add soft in such situations, I'm saying he shouldn't allow his players to be even if he is.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
theYemster wrote:Yet another reason why I don't think Arsenal can win the big trophies with Wenger as coach.

I actually agree with AW. It WAS a friendly. Not sure how I would feel if I won because my opponent was cheated. Remember the "infamous" Kanu goal? I also remember John Terry cheating Arsenal which led to us conceding a crucial goal. It was very unsportsman-like. Even in the WC finals, RvP wasted a corner-kick purposely, after forcing Casillas to make a save and concede a corner while returning the ball to Spain.

To be fair to the Yemster, he is a Patriots fan...you know what they resort to in order to win :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
That's why the Pats are winners and are the only team that can boast of this record whereas the Philadelphia Giggles are a joke.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@bbcsport_david  :Arsenal growing less optimistic of signing Lemar. Still trying but other Monaco exits reduce chances. Intention remains to keep Sanchez #AFC

We seem to be doing that Arsenal thing of over-pursuing a player -ease up, try in Jan or even next summer – meanwhile no one’s convinced me why dude below isn’t grabbed with 2hands – he’s proven in our league. Old enough to deal with heavy fan expectations:
PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2015–16
PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2016
BBC African Footballer of the Year: 2016
Facebook FA Premier League Player of the Year : 2016 
Riyad takes the pressure of our newbies & neutralizes the effect of a dramatic Alexis. Does any footie fan this geezer doesn't increase our chances of winning the EPL?
------------------------------
I think we should seriously try for  Oriol Romeu & Virgil van Dijk -for a combo of either Chambers & Ox or Chambers & Theo
Oriol Romeu brings solidity to our midfield - very much needed While Virgil van Dijk gives us size, pace & quality. Gab could be thrown in on loan to the Saints - don't
know how close to recovering.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

tolahs wrote:@bbcsport_david  :Arsenal growing less optimistic of signing Lemar. Still trying but other Monaco exits reduce chances. Intention remains to keep Sanchez #AFC

We seem to be doing that Arsenal thing of over-pursuing a player -ease up, try in Jan or even next summer – meanwhile no one’s convinced me why dude below isn’t grabbed with 2hands – he’s proven in our league. Old enough to deal with heavy fan expectations:
Riyad takes the pressure of our newbies & neutralizes the effect of a dramatic Alexis. Does any footie fan this geezer doesn't increase our chances of winning the EPL?
I think we should seriously try for  Oriol Romeu & Virgil van Dijk -for a combo of either Chambers & Ox or Chambers & Theo
Oriol Romeu brings solidity to our midfield - very much needed While Virgil van Dijk gives us size, pace & quality. Gab could be thrown in on loan to the Saints - don't
You are falling for the same trick.
Arsenal will sign one hyped player early to raise hopes and season tickets. Thereafter pretend and leak rumour of pursuits in the media, then find everyone else but themselves to blame.
Same s-hit different year
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiiiii so e don end for Young Dan Crowley at Les Arse??? Another young Prince who didn't make the mark .... a true bloody shame :curse: :curse:

Wetin dey worry these young boys sef??????
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

bouncino wrote:
tolahs wrote:@bbcsport_david  :Arsenal growing less optimistic of signing Lemar. Still trying but other Monaco exits reduce chances. Intention remains to keep Sanchez #AFC

Arsenal will sign one hyped player early to raise hopes and season tickets. Thereafter pretend and leak rumour of pursuits in the media, then find everyone else but themselves to blame.
The season ticket renewal conspiracy theory is purely a myth.

Arsenal have a season ticket waiting list as long as the great wall of China. Idea Arsenal so concerned about season ticket renewal that they buy top player early to force sales...ABSURD.

We've seen summers where biggest names acquired were the likes of Gervinho and Chamakh.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:Cheiiiii so e don end for Young Dan Crowley at Les Arse??? Another young Prince who didn't make the mark .... a true bloody shame :curse: :curse:

Like you well know, at the top level you've gotta have the mental reserves stay fighting - too many of these kids get to live the life too soon & find that necessary desire difficult to find. I have also argued for years that our foreign young players be sent to British clubs on loan to help acclimatize while the British born are sent abroad to help grow up & get used to playing w/o home support.
See some tweets on part of the narrative being pushed out there

@jeorgebird:Crowley one of the most naturally talented youngsters at Arsenal in last ten years. English loans didn't work out and midfield overcrowded
 @jeorgebird Can only wonder if he would have made an impact had circumstances been different and he was thrown into first-team like Iwobi.
 @jeorgebird  :Continues trend of English and especially Arsenal youngsters going abroad. Many of them don't feel there is a pathway into the first-team

Zilch about work ethic, hunger - totally underplays the fight of Iwobi. I also expect Akpom to leave - loans have been poor
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bouncino wrote:

Hey dawg, we're way past 1999 - for real tho -one thing Arsenal board to a man/woman know is they cannot play games - Arsenal away fans fighting each other last season - it's serious - plus as pointed out by TG - we've got a long queue for tickets - we've had to change not cos the board wanted to but cos it's the only option.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Cheiiiii so e don end for Young Dan Crowley at Les Arse??? Another young Prince who didn't make the mark .... a true bloody shame :curse: :curse:

Like you well know, at the top level you've gotta have the mental reserves stay fighting - too many of these kids get to live the life too soon & find that necessary desire difficult to find. I have also argued for years that our foreign young players be sent to British clubs on loan to help acclimatize while the British born are sent abroad to help grow up & get used to playing w/o home support.

@jeorgebird:Crowley one of the most naturally talented youngsters at Arsenal in last ten years. English loans didn't work out and midfield overcrowded
 @jeorgebird Can only wonder if he would have made an impact had circumstances been different and he was thrown into first-team like Iwobi.
 @jeorgebird  :Continues trend of English and especially Arsenal youngsters going abroad. Many of them don't feel there is a pathway into the first-team

Zilch about work ethic, hunger - totally underplays the fight of Iwobi. I also expect Akpom to leave - loans have been poor
Why is it that only Arsenal youth have this problems or we just hype average players?Our youth system is very poor and we have never produce world class in our youth apart from Fabregas that is partly a Barca youth product.How is the under 21 team doing compare to others?Arsenal under Wenger should be producing the best youth set of players in England,We don't even have good guys to plug talent again.Arsenal youth program under wenger has failed even likes of Monaco,Soton are producing talent that we are dreaming to get.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
bouncino wrote:

Hey dawg, we're way past 1999 - for real tho -one thing Arsenal board to a man/woman know is they cannot play games - Arsenal away fans fighting each other last season - it's serious - plus as pointed out by TG - we've got a long queue for tickets - we've had to change not cos the board wanted to but cos it's the only option.
The board don't even respect the fans,so saying we have change is not true,they are acting this w ay again because they miss CL and it has got to t hem that top 4 is not guarantee again and finishing behind dirty Spurs is real as spurs been the better team in the last 2 season in the league
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Chambers to Crystal palace 20 million pounds with buy back clause inserted. Gibbs WBA 12 million pounds, Schezsny- Juve 12 million pounds and Debuchy to Nice.

•Chambers to Palace for £20m.

•Gibbs to WBA for £12m .

•Szczesny to Juve for £12m.

Arsenal got money paid for Lacassette back.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
peron33uk wrote:

I disagree.

Wenger should train those guys to play the game without sentiment. After the game he can admit the ref got the call wrong but for him to say Welbz shouldn't have taken the PK is programming him to be soft. It's not Welbeck's job to error correct and bail the ref out of a bad call. It's his job to go out there and be ruthless. If the ref gives you an undeserved PK your job as a player is to step up and score regardless not to be sensitive towards your opponents...friendly or not.

Friendlies isn't just for fun and trying tactics. You develop your mindset and mentality as well. If you start teaching them to not go all in cos the ref made a bad call, what's to so them subconsciously having the same mentality during competitive games?

I'm not saying Wenger shouldn't be sentimental add soft in such situations, I'm saying he shouldn't allow his players to be even if he is.
KPOM
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Why is it that only Arsenal youth have this problems or we just hype average players?Our youth system is very poor and we have never produce world class in our youth apart from Fabregas that is partly a Barca youth product.How is the under 21 team doing compare to others?Arsenal under Wenger should be producing the best youth set of players in England,We don't even have good guys to plug talent again.Arsenal youth program under wenger has failed even likes of Monaco,Soton are producing talent that we are dreaming to get.
With respect, apart from the Saints, most club youth systems are struggling - a decade or just less ago, Rafa(Liverpool), JM(Chelsea) & AW(Arsenal) argued for tougher reserve league system but too many interests weren't ready to change things.
The other obvious reason is in a very highly financed EPL - there's no patience for youth. You have to get past the need to jab at AW - most of these kids including Akpom have had loans where they haven't performed. You've to go back to what they earn a week compared to players in similar positions a decade ago
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bouncino wrote:

The board don't even respect the fans,so saying we have change is not true,they are acting this w ay again because they miss CL and it has got to t hem that top 4 is not guarantee again and finishing behind dirty Spurs is real as spurs been the better team in the last 2 season in the league
Skeptical suit is an easy fit - i gotta go with real - let's see if your total negativity holds at the end of the transfer window. Even dictators get to switch up sometime - this need for the apocalypse is played out
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-10818330

Dream come true maybe for Wenger :taunt: as maybe his PSG buddies will help drive up the City bid or enable Wenger to save face and sell Alexis to them instead of an EPL team
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Oh maybe we are about to botch yet another transfer window?

Let's offer them Ox as part of the package, and then just send them Gibbs instead, hoping they won't know the difference.
Is that not a scam? :lol:

Wayo dey different from fraud now, ah ah :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ojafranpa wrote:Chambers to Crystal palace 20 million pounds with buy back clause inserted. Gibbs WBA 12 million pounds, Schezsny- Juve 12 million pounds and Debuchy to Nice.

•Gibbs to WBA for £12m .

Abeg is this confirmed ...that would be excellent news
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote:Chambers to Crystal palace 20 million pounds with buy back clause inserted. Gibbs WBA 12 million pounds, Schezsny- Juve 12 million pounds and Debuchy to Nice.

•Gibbs to WBA for £12m .

Fry Pan head, even you cannot believe these lies. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Let's offer them Ox as part of the package, and then just send them Gibbs instead, hoping they won't know the difference.
Exactly. The excuses have started.
I think this will drag on for the window. Player determined club will not decide his destiny. I just hope it does not get messy.

For me, the quality of this player could be the difference in us challenging and winning the title. As you all know, nobody wants him at Arsenal more than me.

Rumours are, Arsenal have told Sanchez there is no chance of him joining any English club. Rumours of Sanchez speaking to Chelski, ManU and a City, he will join who offer the most money, but he knows Arsenal will not deal with any of them. Watch for PSG in all of this, I just have this feeling they will come in with the money the player wants. This will drag on till the end of the window.

Arsenal not messing about this window. A lot of high profile players already told, they can leave. Wilshere, Chambers, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Walcott all been told they can go. Remember when I did a squad assessment, I concluded 10 to 11 players were at risk, I now know Arsenal want 10 players out, they want to bring in better quality, I have no qualms with Arsenal decision. We must get to the next level and it means we gave to upgrade on talent that are not good enough either due to injury, attitude/mentality and effectiveness.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Is that not a scam? :lol:

Wayo dey different from fraud now, ah ah :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Oxlade read the riot act. Player wants to stay but club getting fed up with his Agent. To me, he better be careful, Arsenal are getting rid of a lot of English players and many here are not happy. I told you lot of David Pleat (ex Spuds) on the radio complaining of Arsenal getting rid of English players and coaches, replacing them with foreigners.

The angel* kept on banging on about Arsenal leading the way in getting rid of English players and coaches. He does not mention they have been at Arsenal for at least 3 years. Arsenal gave them all a chance. He does not mention that Sam Alladyce as a England a Manager, told Wilshere to go out on loan if he wanted to keep his England place, when Wenger wanted to stay and gradually build up his fitness.

Ŵilshere even started looking at other clubs as he demanded more money to sign a new deal. He got exposed out on loan. Despite Wenger offering to give him a chance to rebuild his career, the player has been playing hard ball. He has been told he can leave. Chambers refused another loan move, he has 1 year left on his contract, will not sign a new deal, so he will be sold.

Clear out at Arsenal. About time too.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.