Sixes Tourney - Spain 8 Nigeria 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sixes Tourney - Spain 8 Nigeria 1

Post by Cito »

anointed wrote:Abeg leave JJ alone. Spain whacked Brazil 11-3 today.
Ouch, thats a goal every 2.8 minutes as they played 30 minutes. Kai thats awful... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Spain and other sides featured recently retired players while the average Nigerian player has been out of the game for close to 15 years. The fact that the Nigerian team did this well is a miracle. Rufai had to go off after spraining his wrist from a bulala from Salgado. Body no be firewood. Watching this was painful
Add on top the major age cutting this generation of players used to do, Yakubu is the only one that could somewhat keep up lol.
Thus what you are saying is our players are "probably" 100 years old - eh?
:rotf: Nah not that old, but look at Uche bobo moving around like a 60 year old :rotf:
Trust me you dont have to be old to move like a 60 year old...years of knocks and injuries have a way of almost crippling you after retirement.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chuks69 wrote:When I saw Rufai in the list, I knew we would be in for a basket of gaol harvest...Why Jay Jay didn't select Ike Shorunmu or Alloy Agu, baffles me..
Rufai was actually one of our better players lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

chuks69 wrote:When I saw Rufai in the list, I knew we would be in for a basket of gaol harvest...Why Jay Jay didn't select Ike Shorunmu or Alloy Agu, baffles me..
Are you saying players were made to "drop"?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Spain and other sides featured recently retired players while the average Nigerian player has been out of the game for close to 15 years. The fact that the Nigerian team did this well is a miracle. Rufai had to go off after spraining his wrist from a bulala from Salgado. Body no be firewood. Watching this was painful
50 sontin year olds against 30 sontin year old.

Unless na draft or ludo... the 30 sontin year old will always win.
So why did JJ take Nigeria there? Didn't he know he was 60?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
50 sontin year olds against 30 sontin year old.

Unless na draft or ludo... the 30 sontin year old will always win.
So why did JJ take Nigeria there? Didn't he know he was 60?
He wanted Yobo to have a chance to not be the slowest person on defense.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Giant of Africa

More like the Disgrace of Africa

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Meanwhile, we need to find a tune that will define our football, Every time the Brazilian players enter na with that Black Eye Pea song, using only the beat even me sef wan tap soccer when they enter, They played some song, I would have wanted DBANG Oliver twist or something

[/video]
Oya back to the matter
open and close
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tfco wrote:Giant of Africa

Giant disgrace.

Every African will be given a Nigerian passport from now on. New decree passed last weekend in secret AU meeting. You are Nigerian so lock it up and get to work.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

tfco wrote:Giant of Africa

Ghana will redeem Africa's image, which was seriously damaged by Naija, at the next tourney

Ghana legend Abedi Pele and Anthony Yeboah have been named together with four other players to represent Ghana at this year's Star Sixes Legends Tournament in London.
Pele and Yeboah will be joined by former Bayern Munich defender Samuel Osei Kuffour and former Juventus midfielder Stephen Appiah.
The others are John Paintsil and Joe Carr.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/abedi-pele-to ... tournament
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar