BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Post by platinum »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
balo wrote:It's official now.
Chelsea FC has confirmed it -

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... greed.html

Chelsea Football Club and Real Madrid have agreed terms for the transfer of Alvaro Morata to Stamford Bridge.

The move is now subject to him agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

Morata, 24, is a Spanish international forward, and helped Real to lift a second successive Champions League last season.
wonderful signing by Chelsea football club.. now just one more signing and Chelsea should be ready , LB/RB
Bigpokey24 wrote:i do not rate Morata at all
Which is it? You rate am or not?

Is Matic staying or you don kick am out?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

DIA OWN DON FINISH FOR DAT LEAGUE!!I NO CARE IF PEP LIKE MAKE HE GO SIGN TEN MESSI :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

platinum wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Chelsea Football Club and Real Madrid have agreed terms for the transfer of Alvaro Morata to Stamford Bridge.

Morata, 24, is a Spanish international forward, and helped Real to lift a second successive Champions League last season.
wonderful signing by Chelsea football club.. now just one more signing and Chelsea should be ready , LB/RB
i care not for MAtic.... he has no business with Chelsea and is one of the most useless overrated donkey ever to play for Chelsea FC

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I am glad about Morata...although I prefer Auba...but im thinking age was a factor.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

60 million, 40 million cheaper than Lukaku
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ceejay22 wrote:
green4life wrote:Can you folks calm down. There's still plenty of time and money to find a capable striker. Give a little credit to the administrators who put together a team that won 2 out of the last 3 titles.
Must we go through cardiac arrest before they do so?
When Jose won 3 years ago, remember the key was getting his key targets in on time: Fab and Costa.
Conte wining was very unexpected and was more down to him than the si called administrators.
Like I said, y'all need to calm the eff down. For real.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... eal-madrid
Last edited by green4life on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:
green4life wrote:Can you folks calm down. There's still plenty of time and money to find a capable striker. Give a little credit to the administrators who put together a team that won 2 out of the last 3 titles.
When Jose won 3 years ago, remember the key was getting his key targets in on time: Fab and Costa.
Conte wining was very unexpected and was more down to him than the si called administrators.
Like I said, y'all need to calm the eff down.

nah you get time the season starts in about 3 to 4 weeks,,, Transfer window closes sep 1.. the guy is a wannabe CE assnal spammer
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

60, 40, 34 million spent so far by Chelsea football club for 3 quality players :clap:
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

platinum wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Signs of a confused kid.

Can Morata do it on a Tuesday night at Stokes? That is the most important question. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

however PL nah feisty league, i hope bobo can be fierce,,, still much better than the penalty kick goal scorer who missed a one on one vs Bayern earlier today
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:

My guy sef.. we don hear you the Don!!
But got to get their house in order to hit ground running oh lol.. seen in the past with Ancelotti's 2nd season & 15/16 season on how board dropped the ball.

As for the Morata deal. That came out of nowhere. Like serious smooth operation because all eyes were on CFC maybe chasing PEA. If the fee is around the rumored 60MP, the more impressive job by Marina & co.. I am sure add ons based on milestones might take the total compensation higher.

As for Morata, honestly have not watched him closely. Stats does not paint him well but at 24, CFC getting a player wey never even enter his prime.. now that is a huge positive.

You no see how CFC rush on Twitter to break the news with all joy!! Just want flex.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:

But got to get their house in order to hit ground running oh lol.. seen in the past with Ancelotti's 2nd season & 15/16 season on how board dropped the ball.

As for the Morata deal. That came out of nowhere. Like serious smooth operation because all eyes were on CFC maybe chasing PEA. If the fee is around the rumored 60MP, the more impressive job by Marina & co.. I am sure add ons based on milestones might take the total compensation higher.

As for Morata, honestly have not watched him closely. Stats does not paint him well but at 24, CFC getting a player wey never even enter his prime.. now that is a huge positive.

You no see how CFC rush on Twitter to break the news with all joy!! Just want flex.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
analyzer,

Morata was literally the only 'big name' forward left for Chelsea to move on. Lukaku had moved, Lacazette had moved, and PEA was no longer an option because Dortmund's deadline was closed. That left Morata and Bellotti as the realistic options.

I'm curious about how he'll do in England. His physicality has never been a main trait. Add in the fact that he can disappear against vigorous defending and it could be tough for him. I think Chelsea fans will do well to keep the expectations at a minimum for his first season. Give him a year of adjustment so his talent gets the chance to ripen and adjust to the PL and then watch him bloom in the 2nd year. The English league and press can be vicious and if he doesn't come out with guns blazing AND sustain it, they might crucify the kid.

One thing for sure, you will lose a major thing that Chelsea forwards have had in recent years...the intimidation factor that Drogba and later Diego Costa brought is not Morata's style. On the plus side, he has a nose for goal and can be slippery like a Pippo Inzaghi.

Patience and minimum expectations is the key.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

@Plati,

Will disagree small. Do you really think that if CFC presented BVB with 70MP offer for PEA, they will not sell? Deadline talk na all negotiation tactics.

PEA just down the pecking order for CFC. He is 28 but Morata 24. The big issue is that CFC had a rumoured budget of about 70-75M for a striker and were not ready to blow that..

Rumor is that the Morata deal is for around 60MP.

How he will perform in EPL will be the challenge. If he does his job well while scoring 20-25 goals total, it will be a good season. Costa was never top scoring EPL striker. What will be vital is Morata's all round play.. hope he continues the scoring against Arsenal tradition of DD & Costa

Yep, that Costa/DD intimidation factor will be lost..

And please, do not make me laugh with Lacazatte :-p

Also think Morata purchase will help CFC in negotiation with Athletico for Costa sale. Have to get close to 40M for thw guy..
Last edited by analyzer on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:

My

My brother u get time to explain to these guys. I can't afford to spare such time. I'm elated we finally got Morata. Now we can focus on retaining the league and doing great in UCL
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:@Plati,

Will disagree small. Do you really think that if CFC presented BVB with 70MP offer for PEA, they will not sell? Deadline talk na all negotiation tactics.

PEA just down the pecking order for CFC. He is 28 but Morata 24. The big issue is that CFC had a rumoured budget of about 70-75M for a striker and were not ready to blow that..

How he will perform in EPL will be the challenge. If he does his job well while scoring 20-25 goals total, it will be a good season. Costa was never top EPL striker. What will be vital is Morata's all round play..

Yep, that Costa/DD initidation factor will be lost..

Also think Morata purchase will help CFC in negotiation with Athletico for Costa sale. Have to get close to 40M for thw guy..

Initial 58MP and add-ons.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

How he will perform in EPL will be the challenge. If he does his job well while scoring 20-25 goals total, it will be a good season. Costa was never top scoring EPL striker. What will be vital is Morata's all round play.. hope he continues the scoring against Arsenal tradition of DD & Costa

I believe Morata will do extremely well for us. He's an intelligent and skillfull forward. I think EPL is about to witness an offense from CFC that they have not been used to; a mix of more guile and technical skills than the physical game we have offered this decade.
About Costa, I heard a rumor where the CEO of Atletico said they won't be making any offer for Costa in the time being. I say keep Costa on the bench till his head clears considering the upcoming World Cup and he may be able to do some damage for us in some games
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Michael Zorc has been pretty consistent at Dortmund with his various stances on issues. When he's given deadlines, he's stuck to them. They gave all comers the chance to sign PEA (chelsea, PSG, etc) and no one came with an acceptable offer. Zorc said it had to be done before a certain time IF it was going to happen because he wanted the new coach to have some stability. Nothing happened, window shut. This is a guy who parted with Tuchel (one of the hot young coaches in Europe) because of his 'principles'. Some clubs talk the talk, others walk the walk. I'm guessing the only thing that would have made BVB budge from that stance would have been a shocking world record bid and that'd be madness (*as you've surmised, chelsea has a budget that wasnt going to be exceeded).

What's funny about Lacazette? He was one of the forwards in demand this summer.

Chelsea's not in a strong position with the Costa deal. Everyone knows where he is going, everyone knows he MUST leave, one bidder means you cannot extract maximum value for the player.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Plat..
money talk, BS walks. Fact or rather rumor is that no team made an offer for PEA as BVB's demand were unrealistic. BVB boss is posturing. AC Milan is all that is left.

PSG that already have Cavani & rumoured to be eyeing Neynar with a 200M+ bid. Why will they be very serious about PEA for rumored price.

Laughing at Lacazatte because he was not an option for CFC. Doubt he was top 3 on list. Was always Lukaku, Morata, Belotti with PEA an after thought.

CFC have some leverage now they have secured a main target. yes Costa must leave but CFC are no longer desperate to sell IMO. Getting a new CF was not contingent on Costa leaving first. Costa sale was arguably not needed to finance Morata deal.

Athletic trying to low ball cfc & rightly so. But CFC can stand their ground for a more respectable fee.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assnal fans listing lacassete as a top striker who clubs were highly after :rotf: no one but Wenger was after the pk specialist
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

analyzer wrote:Plat..
money talk, BS walks. Fact or rather rumor is that no team made an offer for PEA as BVB's demand were unrealistic. BVB boss is posturing. AC Milan is all that is left.

PSG that already have Cavani & rumoured to be eyeing Neynar with a 200M+ bid. Why will they be very serious about PEA for rumored price.

Laughing at Lacazatte because he was not an option for CFC. Doubt he was top 3 on list. Was always Lukaku, Morata, Belotti with PEA an after thought.

CFC have some leverage now they have secured a main target. yes Costa must leave but CFC are no longer desperate to sell IMO. Getting a new CF was not contingent on Costa leaving first. Costa sale was arguably not needed to finance Morata deal.

Athletic trying to low ball cfc & rightly so. But CFC can stand their ground for a more respectable fee.
Just out of curiosity, how did you come across this information?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cito wrote:
analyzer wrote:Plat..

Just out of curiosity, how did you come across this information?
Zero link to CFC should clue you in in spite of 70 to 80mill budget compared to 50+ mill lacazette.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

My brother, Analyzer, done cover all matter. I dey treadmill for gym trying to lose the fat. Will hit y'all back later on this matter.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Also think Morata purchase will help CFC in negotiation with Athletico for Costa sale. Have to get close to 40M for the guy..

You called it!!
Chelsea are holding out for £44m for Atletico Madrid target Diego Costa, 28, after agreeing a deal to sign his fellow striker Alvaro Morata, 24, from Real Madrid. (Independent)
http://www.bbc.com/sport/40659362
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg