Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Post by danfo driver »

Mendy- 52m Pounds
Danilo - 28 million pounds
Walker - 50 million pounds
Stones - 50 million pounds
Otamendi - 35 million pounds
Mangala - 40 million pounds

That is 255 million pounds defense.

Wonder how much the substitute left back will cost

I also suspect they will pay 60million pounds for Virgil Van Dijk.

I expect them to walk the league next year and win the CL. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:Mendy- 52m Pounds

I expect them to walk the league next year and win the CL. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You forgot Ederson and Bravo - 65million combined.

As it stands it's over 300million on the defense
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

230 m pounds spent, more to come! Pem pe rem pe! suga suga baby :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:230 m pounds spent, more to come! Pem pe rem pe! suga suga baby :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

He is not like JM who only wins by spending money. Pepe is a coach that does not need to spend to win. He is a genius. Himself and Wenger dont spend money. They dont even buy players. They depend on youths.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I see trouble ahead.

How can you have Mendy and Ota Mendy (enemy of Mendy) in the same team?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anointed wrote:

I see trouble ahead.

It's a strategic ploy! Peperempe wants an attacking left back. What is the best way to ensure that Mendy remains in attack and does not come back to defend??? Play Ota Mendy in defense!

Kai peprempe gwagwalada suga sugar baby! What a genius! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

danfo driver wrote:
anointed wrote:

I see trouble ahead.

It's a strategic ploy! Peperempe wants an attacking left back. What is the best way to ensure that Mendy remains in attack and does not come back to defend??? Play Ota Mendy in defense!

Kai peprempe gwagwalada suga sugar baby! What a genius! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You actually think this is about technique and/or tactics? My friend, this is spiritual :twisted:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Pep Guardiola has spent:
€383m at Barca
€195m at Bayern
€459.2m at MCFC

Total = €1.037 BILLION
The biggest Check book manager in history
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Pep Guardiola has spent:
€383m at Barca
€195m at Bayern
€459.2m at MCFC

Total = €1.037 BILLION
The biggest Check book manager in history
Can you do Jose,Wenger ,Carlos and Conte spending...
Thanks
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

kofi86 wrote:
spastic wrote:Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

At Mikel4life, as it currently stands with Chelsea's striker issue yet to be solved, I am saying its looks like a 3 way race. If Chelsea figures out what they are doing with Costa, staying or going? or if they get Aubameyang, of course they'll go back to being favorites. But as of today's snapshot, I don't see it.

As for Arsenal, if they lose Sanchez I don't think they can contend without him. I believe they will lose Sanchez and thus will not contend. United I just hate and don't care enough to truly give an impartial response. Besides Danfo driver and Grammar patrol are United fans, so instinctively, I have to dismiss then :)
You think anyone believes you? Dani Alves as a backup for Kyle Walker?

Do you think that City can compete for the CL? The individual quality (especially at the back) is much
lower than Bayern's or Madrid's individual quality for example. And I doubt that they can make up for it, somehow.
House Lanister

I'm not here to make people believe me. I just say it as I see it. No way a 34 year old Alves is going to start ahead of a rapid Walker. No way. He'll get key CL games, sure. But in the Prem Walker starts every time.

Anyway, we have Danilo now. Let's hope he finds his Porto form again.

As for defense not being on par with CL teams. Meh! With the addition of Walker Ederson Danilo and Mendy we are probably as good as anyone defensively. But time will tell. Let's allow the season to unveil itself. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

spastic wrote:
kofi86 wrote:
spastic wrote:Didn't want the dolt anyway. Was fine getting him on a free to backup Kyle. But anyhoo. Moving on. Kyle in and Mendy next.

At Mikel4life, as it currently stands with Chelsea's striker issue yet to be solved, I am saying its looks like a 3 way race. If Chelsea figures out what they are doing with Costa, staying or going? or if they get Aubameyang, of course they'll go back to being favorites. But as of today's snapshot, I don't see it.

As for Arsenal, if they lose Sanchez I don't think they can contend without him. I believe they will lose Sanchez and thus will not contend. United I just hate and don't care enough to truly give an impartial response. Besides Danfo driver and Grammar patrol are United fans, so instinctively, I have to dismiss then :)

Do you think that City can compete for the CL? The individual quality (especially at the back) is much
lower than Bayern's or Madrid's individual quality for example. And I doubt that they can make up for it, somehow.
House Lanister

I'm not here to make people believe me. I just say it as I see it. No way a 34 year old Alves is going to start ahead of a rapid Walker. No way. He'll get key CL games, sure. But in the Prem Walker starts every time.

As for defense not being on par with CL teams. Meh! With the addition of Walker Ederson Danilo and Mendy we are probably as good as anyone defensively. But time will tell. Let's allow the season to unveil itself. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The saddest part of all this is that you know nothing about football. If you did, you'd realize that defense (Specifically) has 90% to do with the system, than it does with the players. Example--- Chelsea with their crap cahill, braindead Luis and RB playing as CB, Azpilucueta. Look at United, with all their injuries at CB, they were the second strongest defensive team in the league last year. Typical football fan-- knows nothing! :lol:
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

danfo driver wrote:
spastic wrote:
kofi86 wrote:

House Lanister

The saddest part of all this is that you know nothing about football. If you did, you'd realize that defense (Specifically) has 90% to do with the system, than it does with the players. Example--- Chelsea with their crap cahill, braindead Luis and RB playing as CB, Azpilucueta. Look at United, with all their injuries at CB, they were the second strongest defensive team in the league last year. Typical football fan-- knows nothing! :lol:
No $#% Einstein! Sometimes I can't tell if you are this dumb or just play dumb on CE for kicks... Duh! The system matters... Holy crap, stay woke playa :rotf:

Anyway that was I saying before Dundee United decided to state the obvious :roll:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

spastic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
spastic wrote:
kofi86 wrote:

House Lanister

No $#% Einstein! Sometimes I can't tell if you are this dumb or just play dumb on CE for kicks... Duh! The system matters... Holy crap, stay woke playa :rotf:

Anyway that was I saying before Dundee United decided to state the obvious :roll:
Unfortunately, once again, you are the most brain dead forumer on here. You were shaking your buttocks at the defenders and goalkeepers your club bought, but forgot that your coach does NOT know how to set up a defense. :lol: Look at how Lukaku humiliated your defense and new goalkeeper?! Please shut your smelly mouth. :oops: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Pep Guardiola has spent:

€383m at Barca
€195m at Bayern
€459.2m at MCFC

Total = €1.037 BILLION

Is Pep a very good Manager or the biggest Cheque book manager in history? The decision is yours.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

spastic wrote:
kofi86 wrote:

House Lanister

There is no need to wait to realize that individually is not on par with the top teams. We have talked about it a few seasons ago and not much has changed. Given the money City spends, the squad is ridiculously average, at least at the back.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

kofi86 wrote:
spastic wrote:
kofi86 wrote:

House Lanister

There is no need to wait to realize that individually is not on par with the top teams. We have talked about it a few seasons ago and not much has changed. Given the money City spends, the squad is ridiculously average, at least at the back.
A mid-season injury to Kompany and they will fall apart easily. That's all it will take.

--------------------------------------------
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

danfo driver wrote:
Unfortunately, once again, you are the most brain dead forumer on here. You were shaking your buttocks at the defenders and goalkeepers your club bought, but forgot that your coach does NOT know how to set up a defense. :lol: Look at how Lukaku humiliated your defense and new goalkeeper?! Please shut your smelly mouth. :oops: :rotf:
Again, ignorance is strong in this one. Pep has had the best defense in 7 out of his 8 seasonshe has been a head coach.But leave it to a loud mouth dummy to conclude the opposite based of a preseason game.

What a dunce.... :boo:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Wow! Hope Pep is okay

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:Wow! Hope Pep is okay

Dis fly you are not well :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
Scipio Africanus wrote:Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers
Cluelessness is not good. Got to have foresight
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
Scipio Africanus wrote:Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers
:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
spastic wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
spastic wrote:
kofi86 wrote:

House Lanister

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

when you lose the argument in the 1st season...keep banging on to the 2nd

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: