CONTE DON FINISH SPURS PATAPATA!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
CONTE DON FINISH SPURS PATAPATA!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40736388

He said they have no ambition, it's all good as long as they don't get relegated. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CONTE DON FINISH SPURS PATAPATA!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has questioned Tottenham's ambitions - suggesting Spurs have lower expectations than their Premier League title rivals.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy criticised unsustainable transfer spending and defended his club's lack of signings.

Italian Conte agreed that the market was "very difficult".

But Conte, who led Chelsea to the title last season, added: "If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand this. You must understand the status of the team.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or try to win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."

"My question is this: What are Tottenham's expectations?"

Summer spending: When will Spurs make their move?
More than £850m has been spent by top-flight sides in the transfer window, which ends on 31 August, with accountancy firm Deloitte predicting Premier League sides will surpass the record £1.165bn they spent last summer.

Chelsea have spent about £130m on three players - forward Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid, midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco and defender Antonio Rudiger from Roma.

Tottenham, who sold Kyle Walker to Manchester City for £45m, have not made any signings, with Levy saying: "We have a duty to manage the club appropriately."

Tottenham finished second in the Premier league last season behind Chelsea and were knocked out of both the Champions League and Europa League.

Conte also revealed Chelsea "tried to buy" Walker, adding: "I think now every single player is expensive". And he revealed Spurs and England striker Harry Kane would be his first pick if he could sign any forward. Kane has finished as the Premier League's top goalscorer for the past two seasons.

"Tottenham is a really good squad if they are able to keep all the players," Conte said. "For me, Kane, now, is one of the best strikers in the world.

"If I had to buy one striker I would go to Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he's strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left.

"If you go to buy Kane now it would be at least £100m."
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It seems when it comes to football people leave their brains at home or maybe some people just don't have any. Read the article again and think for your self.

If you agree with it then you and Conte are basically saying if you're not loaded you lack ambition. If you don't sell the little you have to make the richer better and you poorer then you lack ambition.

This club that lacks ambition is trying to hold on to their best players in difficult situation so they can get somewhere. This club that lacks ambition and without CL money for almost 22 years has one of the best training complex numbers n Europe and building a world class stadium through private funding and still not dept ridden. This club that lacks ambition manages to be competitive with a wage structure that is low and build a squad on what others spend on 2 players.
Yep Conte has finished Spurs.

Tell hm we are not selling to him. He can be p!$$ed all he wants. Je cam also be playing his mind games. We do what we want and if he doesn't like it, tough
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Pajimoh go to bed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Pajimoh go to bed
I know you're in one with Mikel's picture beside you. :tic:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:It seems when it comes to football people leave their brains at home or maybe some people just don't have any. Read the article again and think for your self.

If you agree with it then you and Conte are basically saying if you're not loaded you lack ambition. If you don't sell the little you have to make the richer better and you poorer then you lack ambition.

This club that lacks ambition is trying to hold on to their best players in difficult situation so they can get somewhere. This club that lacks ambition and without CL money for almost 22 years has one of the best training complex numbers n Europe and building a world class stadium through private funding and still not dept ridden. This club that lacks ambition manages to be competitive with a wage structure that is low and build a squad on what others spend on 2 players.

Tell hm we are not selling to him. He can be p!$$ed all he wants. Je cam also be playing his mind games. We do what we want and if he doesn't like it, tough
Look me in the eye and tell me that your team does not need improvement as in buying one or two players. No one is saying you have to spend like those mad mullahs in manchester....but common even Everton os flashing the wad in the transfer market. Looks to me like Levy is keeping all the money for the new stadium.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:It seems when it comes to football people leave their brains at home or maybe some people just don't have any. Read the article again and think for your self.

Look me in the eye and tell me that your team does not need improvement as in buying one or two players. No one is saying you have to spend like those mad mullahs in manchester....but common even Everton os flashing the wad in the transfer market. Looks to me like Levy is keeping all the money for the new stadium.
Every team needs improvement and that is not what I'm saying or Po h and Levy I saying. It seems people just want you to buy so they can see activity. We are looking to buy but not spend anyhow for the sake of buying. For goodness sake is Lukaku worth close to 100m?
To make anything from selling Lukaku on then it is only very few clubs would be able to afford him and he'll have to set the EPL alight for his value to go way beyond his current price.
We need players that can improve the squad and my point is players that are better than Alli, Kane, Lloris, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele will cost serious money that Spurs cannot afford. The improvement must come in their replacements and that means being prudent and not spending so much for a bench warmer. The financially dope clubs can afford to do that. Even if Spurs were not building a stadium, it's never been our policy. That is why the first project was a world class training facility to grow the academy, long before Man City built theirs.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

pajimoh wrote:
oloye wrote:

Every team needs improvement and that is not what I'm saying or Po h and Levy I saying. It seems people just want you to buy so they can see activity. We are looking to buy but not spend anyhow for the sake of buying. For goodness sake is Lukaku worth close to 100m?
To make anything from selling Lukaku on then it is only very few clubs would be able to afford him and he'll have to set the EPL alight for his value to go way beyond his current price.
We need players that can improve the squad and my point is players that are better than Alli, Kane, Lloris, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele will cost serious money that Spurs cannot afford. The improvement must come in their replacements and that means being prudent and not spending so much for a bench warmer. The financially dope clubs can afford to do that. Even if Spurs were not building a stadium, it's never been our policy. That is why the first project was a world class training facility to grow the academy, long before Man City built theirs.
It would be a prudent move for a feeder club who develop for the likes of Real Madrid, instead of competing with them, wouldn't it?

Different ambitions you know.... :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
oloye wrote:

It would be a prudent move for a feeder club who develop for the likes of Real Madrid, instead of competing with them, wouldn't it?

Different ambitions you know.... :)
We are talking football and not gazelle chasing. We'll look you up when we need advise on long distance hunting party. Msssshhheeeww
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

No need to break the bank, but Spurs need to consolidate and still be looking to strengthen an already decent squad...You can't rest on your laurels in this game..One thing for sure, it will be interesting to see if they can finish above Arsenal in back to back seasons.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Pajimoh, you are wasting your time. On replacements or filling of gaps, the philosophy is clear - Pochettino has decided that if the players in the U-21 squad or Developmental side are capable of stepping up in any position, Spurs would not make a move. The only other way is if a good (first team level or better) player exists at a good deal then the club will make a move if it makes sense.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
oloye wrote:

Lukaku cost 75 million. But I get your point. If you said the truth, you wouldnt be able to further your agenda.

I always wonder why the black raced is cursed! And its because of low lives like you. When your white master, Bale, went to Madrid for 80 million, you didnt say anything. But when a black man, Pogba, broke the record last year, you couldnt hide your disdain. Now, you have begun an attack on another black man, Lukaku. Higuain went for 90 million last year, and you didnt say anything. Silva went to City for 50 million and you didnt say anything. John Stones went for 50 million, you didnt say anything. Self hatred is a sin! You are a gutter rat! shameless thing.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think Conte took a shot at Spurs because they were the challengers last season
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I think Conte took a shot at Spurs because they were the challengers last season
Nahhh. your bittttch of a coach, Conte, is upset because Spurs refused to sell Walker to Chelsea. You dont know Conte yet, you will soon know how much of a cry baby he is. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

You mean Spurs are the new Arsenal :)
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

PS Conte is not well. He just bought Morata but yet he is raving about Kane, another striker.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:PS Conte is not well. He just bought Morata but yet he is raving about Kane, another striker.
because KAne won't be a SPurs player after this season
SuperEagles

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: But Conte, who led Chelsea to the title last season, added: "If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it's not a tragedy.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or try to win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Conte: See this one wey jus put hands for pocket dey look.
Poch: WTF!!!??
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tfco wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: But Conte, who led Chelsea to the title last season, added: "If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The truth in not to Spuds fans.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Meh. Who cares about Conte's views.
I am expecting us to sign 1-2 players...
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

who needs Conte when your own players know your limitations

"Next up on the stage......Danny Rose"

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: