Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Post by pajimoh »

@waffiman

Don't make comments you can't substantiate. Injuries' are part and parcel of the game and I ne er moan that Kane or other players get injured. We got on with it. We finished second. Not good enough but we fought to the end. I don't talk about luck. Yes, maybe a bigger squad could have helped but others with bigger squad still finished behind us.
Not spending money is not lack of ambition. It's a fact that all the teams that spends, only one can win the league and the CL might even be one by a team Tha spends far less. If not for Wembley, I would have put my neck on the block and say some of the big spenders would still finish behind Spurs but I wait to see the effect of Wembley away games
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
For years, Arsenal were mocked and placed under pressure. Spuds don't have to deal with any such pressure. If Spuds came under the same pressure, they will crumble. The press are already making the excuses for Spurs, but Wenger was vilified for adopting the same strategy of not spending money the club did not have.

Do you remember how the press made it a huge thing and it was all over the net when Arsenal went all those years without winning a trophy? Spuds and a Liverpool have gone way beyond the time period Arsenal did, but do you hear a word from them? I certainly do not hear a thing from CEs who jumped on the bandwagon then about Spuds or Pool.
Abeg leave Spurs out of this one. We have expectations and would like to win the leaque. You coming here and making it seems like we just roll with the days and lack ambition is typically WAFIMANISM - ALL HOT AIR
https://twitter.com/Nigerianscamsss/sta ... 3485818881
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Conte, telling it like it is. Pa Jimoh, do you remember when I made this point on another thread?
‘My question is this,’ said Conte. ‘What are Tottenham’s expectations? If they don’t win the title it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the Europa League against Gent, it’s not a tragedy.

‘Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United and, I don’t know, Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team. If Barcelona does not compete for the title it’s a tragedy. The same for Real Madrid. If Sevilla does not compete for the title it’s not a tragedy.

‘They can breathe and think in a different way. You can judge the others, but the others must fight to win the title.’
question is this,’ said Conte. ‘What are Tottenham’s expectations? If they don’t win the title it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the Europa League against Gent, it’s not a tragedy.

‘Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United and, I don’t know, Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team. If Barcelona does not compete for the title it’s a tragedy. The same for Real Madrid. If Sevilla does not compete for the title it’s not a tragedy.

‘They can breathe and think in a different way. You can judge the others, but the others must fight to win the title.’
Pa Jimoh. How body? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Conte is not the only one, let's face facts, expectation levels at Spuds don't match the levels at the top clubs. Never have, never will. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Ironically, I made the same points when discussing with our resident spurs fans. :agree:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277651&hilit=Spurs+ ... n&start=46

My relevant quote from that link :
it's unreasonable or unfair for a Spurs fan to poke at a Pep, or Jose etc knowing fully well that their expectation and target is not in Spurs expectation level. Can Spurs win the league? Yes they can. Are they expected? No. If Pooch finishes second or third what will happen? Pat on the back. Neither Pep nor Jose are afforded that luxury. The media will come down hard on them one way or another. So its the proverbial apples and oranges situation. Again, money is irrelevant to the discourse because every ambitious club requires the manager to buy big players whether they like it or not. More apples vs oranges. If Pooch goes to ManU he will spend 100M+ in one window whether he wants to or not. It's what it is. And he will be required to win the league. In that scenario, second place won't work.
Have you read what their Chairman said about Academy players? I responded in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281431&start=69

As we have seen with Arsenal, 3 major trophies in 4 years and not being able to compete financially with 3 of the direct competition is not enough to save Wenger from expectations and pressure.

Trust me, the easiest thing is being able to contend for the title without expectation and pressure. Whenever they have had to perform under a bit of pressure in the last 2 seasons, this Spuds team has crumbled in the League and FA Cup.
A typical goon interpretation without analyzing the facts. You Sa we crumble under pressure.
When you have a team like Chelsea that can still call on 40m strikers, midfielders and defenders towards the tail end of the season or to replace another injured player, that obviously hides the fatigue and the inability to sustain the same level of performance with a team like Spurs relying on a few core all season.
Everybody keep singing this "crack under pressure" song yet they tell us we are an injury to Kane, Alli or one of our defenders, away from falling-off the title race.
I don't need anyone of you to tell me Spurs is trying very hard to win the title with the pressure of making the little they have go a long way. It is the way of things now that we put down those who make a go of the little they have as lacking ambition or working under less pressure.
Money can take off a lot of pressure just like not having it can make every little thing pressure packed.

I'm sure if you were talking about Arsenal you'd point out how with the tight squad you have, Kane missed 3 months, Lamela the whole season, Rose practically over half the season and the likes of Jan and Toby both out at the same time for spells. Yet the team chased, more than others who have a decent bench of millionaire stars. Keep sendingnging how we crack under pressure if it helps you as a goon
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To say I am not enjoying myself with all of this is an understatement. Now you know how it feels. I remember your comments when we lost crucial games. I remember when I complained of bad luck with injuries and how you called it an excuse. What are you doing now? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I remember 2 big games in the last 2 seasons against Chelsea, you folded and crumbled under the pressure. Arsenal under even under bigger pressure delivered against City and Chealsea. We hold these facts to be self evident. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman - this your analysis get K-Leg!! Serious K-Leg!! Arsenal needed to beat Spurs to ensure top 4 - You lost. Arsenal were the closest challenger to Leicester - IIRC you were even on top of the table. You crashed and burned!! Every team loses some games!! That is football.

I am laughing at how other clubs' fans are trying to make us feel bad!! See people thinking we should be sad - We are excited waiting to see how the season will go. What we do know is some big teams will not make top 4!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Spurs cant handle pressure yet the remaining 4 of the six normal favorites for the title that folded CAN handle pressure. See Logic!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

But Cristao one can argue that the so called 4 of 6 has won the EPL in the color TV era. Which still brings us to the issue of last time Spurs last won the league. I wonder if folding under pressure has any part in that little issue.
The main issue is, Spurs needs more players for building depth. I said in some post a while ago that the stadium building exercise will rob you of something. If you think it hasn't, when was the last season that Spurs didn't buy any player to add to their squad? Coincidence? I do not think so.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:But Cristao one can argue that the so called 4 of 6 has won the EPL in the color TV era. Which still brings us to the issue of last time Spurs last won the league. I wonder if folding under pressure has any part in that little issue.
The main issue is, Spurs needs more players for building depth. I said in some post a while ago that the stadium building exercise will rob you of something. If you think it hasn't, when was the last season that Spurs didn't buy any player to add to their squad? Coincidence? I do not think so.
Is this transfer window over? Isnt your analysis a bit too early? Did Levy or Poch say they dont need more depth - Show me where they said so.

Funny you should mention history. Spurs were almost into administration in the late 90s. Levy took over and has slowly restored the club from lower table (Hoddle) to midtable (Santini) to top 6 (Jol, AVB, Redknapp, Sherwood) and now top 4 (Pochettino). I would listen more to Levy who clearly has a plan to make Spurs number 1 than others.

Levy has already tried the 'buy a lot of players' move. Remember the good old days when most of the peeps yabbing lack of Spurs moves would claim everyone and his mama was being courted by Spurs. Now he is trying another strategy - build excellent youth facility - supplement with transfers for positions youths cant fill. Recall last season Spurs bought in Wanyama, Janssen, Sissoko etc. Also check when Levy most often does business.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Conte:
Chelsea, Arsenal, LFC and the Manchester clubs must challenge for the title and CL. It's not a tragedy if Spurs don't challenge
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:
Cito wrote:But Cristao one can argue that the so called 4 of 6 has won the EPL in the color TV era. Which still brings us to the issue of last time Spurs last won the league. I wonder if folding under pressure has any part in that little issue.
Is this transfer window over? Isnt your analysis a bit too early? Did Levy or Poch say they dont need more depth - Show me where they said so.

Funny you should mention history. Spurs were almost into administration in the late 90s. Levy took over and has slowly restored the club from lower table (Hoddle) to midtable (Santini) to top 6 (Jol, AVB, Redknapp, Sherwood) and now top 4 (Pochettino). I would listen more to Levy who clearly has a plan to make Spurs number 1 than others.

Levy has already tried the 'buy a lot of players' move. Remember the good old days when most of the peeps yabbing lack of Spurs moves would claim everyone and his mama was being courted by Spurs. Now he is trying another strategy - build excellent youth facility - supplement with transfers for positions youths cant fill. Recall last season Spurs bought in Wanyama, Janssen, Sissoko etc. Also check when Levy most often does business.
You didn't adress the point of the stadium building exercise and its effects. A club of your size or Arsenal's size without a sugar daddy will always feel the effect of undertaking such a huge venture.
And yes, your youth facility and infusion of youths helps alleviate the effects but it will bite for a few years especially when others buys and then poaches your established players. At a point you will have scraps left with so much youth that the only way will be down the table and /or massive struggle.

You need buys in the mound of Wanyama and Ali and not Sisokko and that non scoring forward you bought a few year ago and sold for loss. Soldado? Which means you will need a very good scouting team to unearth hidden gem.

And don't forget too that during the restoration, levy didn't have such a huge venture and the mad market at play. This is a whole new ball game and it will be rough to maintain the restoration path.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:@waffiman

Don't make comments you can't substantiate. Injuries' are part and parcel of the game and I ne er moan that Kane or other players get injured. We got on with it. We finished second. Not good enough but we fought to the end. I don't talk about luck. Yes, maybe a bigger squad could have helped but others with bigger squad still finished behind us.

Not spending money is not lack of ambition. It's a fact that all the teams that spends, only one can win the league and the CL might even be one by a team Tha spends far less. If not for Wembley, I would have put my neck on the block and say some of the big spenders would still finish behind Spurs but I wait to see the effect of Wembley away games
Hmmmm..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
pajimoh wrote:When you have a team like Chelsea that can still call on 40m strikers, midfielders and defenders towards the tail end of the season or to replace another injured player, that obviously hides the fatigue and the inability to sustain the same level of performance with a team like Spurs relying on a few core all season.
pajimoh wrote:I'm sure if you were talking about Arsenal you'd point out how with the tight squad you have, Kane missed 3 months, Lamela the whole season, Rose practically over half the season and the likes of Jan and Toby both out at the same time for spells. Yet the team chased, more than others who have a decent bench of millionaire stars.
See your wayoman tactics. :P :P :P You are making all sorts of excuses whilst simulteaneauosly claiming if it was me, I will be doing the same. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Be honest, Spuds for the first time in over 35 years have touched the right end of the table and failed to win it despite having no pressure to win it. Leicester under a similar situation suceeded but I will be the first in saying, it is not as simple as it looks, many other factors come to play during the season. However, there are key moments in a season, when as a team you stand or fall.

Arsenal have been there and there abouts consistently for over 20 years, they have won it also. However, since the Emirates projects, they have had to move resourses elsewhere. This has seriously hampered the ability of the club to compete against the petro dollars in the league. Over the years I have been honest and called out why we failed. Now I see you doing the same thing and it is hilarious because then you used to come and yab us "goons". :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: What is even more hilarious is you behaving like a lying Tory or Repbulican by claiming the very reasons you are giving for not winning is not yours but that of another.

I have not said not spending is a lack of ambition, indeed I believe in certain values in football, like giving youth a chance, like developing what you already have and buying when you only need to. I have no time or respect for Cheque book Managers. I like Poch's approach if indeed he wants to give a young player like Onomah, who I have rated for a long time the chance, instead of buying to block his progress. No one admires more, Coaches who put their careers on the line by giving youth and young players a chance. Most of the time, Youth and young players cost you games, giving these sort of players a chance is the most difficult thing to do in the game especially when you are under pressure for results. It is one reason, Wenger is not just a Manager to me, he is also a football hero.

Here is a response he gave, when ask how you discover young talent:
It’s my job to know when something is there. First you need the talent, but also you need to meet someone who believes in you and gives you a chance. You can imagine though, that plenty of people have talent in life but they do not meet someone who gives them a chance. Can you name one Formula One driver from an African country, apart from South Africa? And can you really imagine that there is not one guy in Africa with the talent to be a Formula One driver? Why are they not there? Because no one has given them a chance. So in life it’s important to meet someone who will give you a chance, and when I can do this in football, I do it.
How can you not admire someone with such values? I don't care who you are, support or work for. I can only admire peole like that in any work of life. If Spuds are genuinely going to give Spuds a chance, it will be something I admire about the club. But, Levy cynically exploiting this by claiming falsely in a recent interview that Spuds give a chance to Academy players giving this impression that the team is made of Academy players is wrong. If you are going to do it, prove it on the ptich not false claims.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote: Abeg leave Spurs out of this one. We have expectations and would like to win the leaque. You coming here and making it seems like we just roll with the days and lack ambition is typically WAFIMANISM - ALL HOT AIR

Conte, telling it like it is. Pa Jimoh, do you remember when I made this point on another thread?
‘My question is this,’ said Conte. ‘What are Tottenham’s expectations? If they don’t win the title it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the Europa League against Gent, it’s not a tragedy.

question is this,’ said Conte. ‘What are Tottenham’s expectations? If they don’t win the title it’s not a tragedy. If they don’t arrive in the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League it’s not a tragedy. If they go out in the Europa League against Gent, it’s not a tragedy.

Conte is not the only one, let's face facts, expectation levels at Spuds don't match the levels at the top clubs. Never have, never will. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Ironically, I made the same points when discussing with our resident spurs fans. :agree:

it's unreasonable or unfair for a Spurs fan to poke at a Pep, or Jose etc knowing fully well that their expectation and target is not in Spurs expectation level. Can Spurs win the league? Yes they can. Are they expected? No. If Pooch finishes second or third what will happen? Pat on the back. Neither Pep nor Jose are afforded that luxury. The media will come down hard on them one way or another. So its the proverbial apples and oranges situation. Again, money is irrelevant to the discourse because every ambitious club requires the manager to buy big players whether they like it or not. More apples vs oranges. If Pooch goes to ManU he will spend 100M+ in one window whether he wants to or not. It's what it is. And he will be required to win the league. In that scenario, second place won't work.
Have you read what their Chairman said about Academy players? I responded in this thread.

As we have seen with Arsenal, 3 major trophies in 4 years and not being able to compete financially with 3 of the direct competition is not enough to save Wenger from expectations and pressure.

Trust me, the easiest thing is being able to contend for the title without expectation and pressure. Whenever they have had to perform under a bit of pressure in the last 2 seasons, this Spuds team has crumbled in the League and FA Cup.
A typical goon interpretation without analyzing the facts. You Sa we crumble under pressure.
When you have a team like Chelsea that can still call on 40m strikers, midfielders and defenders towards the tail end of the season or to replace another injured player, that obviously hides the fatigue and the inability to sustain the same level of performance with a team like Spurs relying on a few core all season.
Everybody keep singing this "crack under pressure" song yet they tell us we are an injury to Kane, Alli or one of our defenders, away from falling-off the title race.
I don't need anyone of you to tell me Spurs is trying very hard to win the title with the pressure of making the little they have go a long way. It is the way of things now that we put down those who make a go of the little they have as lacking ambition or working under less pressure.
Money can take off a lot of pressure just like not having it can make every little thing pressure packed.

I'm sure if you were talking about Arsenal you'd point out how with the tight squad you have, Kane missed 3 months, Lamela the whole season, Rose practically over half the season and the likes of Jan and Toby both out at the same time for spells. Yet the team chased, more than others who have a decent bench of millionaire stars. Keep sendingnging how we crack under pressure if it helps you as a goon

To say I am not enjoying myself with all of this is an understatement. Now you know how it feels. I remember your comments when we lost crucial games. I remember when I complained of bad luck with injuries and how you called it an excuse. What are you doing now? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I remember 2 big games in the last 2 seasons against Chelsea, you folded and crumbled under the pressure. Arsenal under even under bigger pressure delivered against City and Chealsea. We hold these facts to be self evident. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman - this your analysis get K-Leg!! Serious K-Leg!! Arsenal needed to beat Spurs to ensure top 4 - You lost. Arsenal were the closest challenger to Leicester - IIRC you were even on top of the table. You crashed and burned!! Every team loses some games!! That is football.

I am laughing at how other clubs' fans are trying to make us feel bad!! See people thinking we should be sad - We are excited waiting to see how the season will go. What we do know is some big teams will not make top 4!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Spurs cant handle pressure yet the remaining 4 of the six normal favorites for the title that folded CAN handle pressure. See Logic!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsenal had other chances after the Spuds game to ensure top 4. Why? When we played Spuds, it was not definite that winning meant top 4. There were few games to go. For example, I refer you to the key games against Chelsea, your loss to Chelski, handed Leicester the title and you ended up 3rd. The FA Cup was on the line with a place in the final at stake, we all know what happened. That is what winning is all about. There comes crunch time and it is all on the line. This Spuds team have not delivered, come crunch time.

I really do not care how you feel as a Spuds supporter and if after all the years of failure and misery, you are not happy now, then that Spuds fan has serious issues. But, itmust not stop Spuds being called out for steps they have so far failed to over come. My overall points remain, this team are not winners, they have won nothing yet.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cito wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

You didn't adress the point of the stadium building exercise and its effects. A club of your size or Arsenal's size without a sugar daddy will always feel the effect of undertaking such a huge venture.
And yes, your youth facility and infusion of youths helps alleviate the effects but it will bite for a few years especially when others buys and then poaches your established players. At a point you will have scraps left with so much youth that the only way will be down the table and /or massive struggle.

You need buys in the mound of Wanyama and Ali and not Sisokko and that non scoring forward you bought a few year ago and sold for loss. Soldado? Which means you will need a very good scouting team to unearth hidden gem.

And don't forget too that during the restoration, levy didn't have such a huge venture and the mad market at play. This is a whole new ball game and it will be rough to maintain the restoration path.
I thought some of my inferences were clear but

1 - Stadium Building - necessary step required to improve Spurs finances. Effect - The club is more careful on how it spends transfer funds. Spurs does have a billionaire owner by the way, Joe Lewis.

2 - Youth Focus - Indeed for Spurs. The future requires a solid scouting team , a manager that buys into the philosophy and opportunity. Luckily so far, most of the squad buys into the plan. If they dont - so be it. It is football. I watch it for the fun of it not to commit suicide or break my heart.

3 - During the restoration, the market was mad. Recall Chelsea and Man Utd tearing up the field. Man Utd po..buying Carrick, Berbatov and players leaving. I have a long Spurs memory.

4 - Transfer Activities - I am not writing off Sissoko until Poch does. No team is 100% successful at buying solid players. My point there is spending loads monies on transfers doesnt mean you strengthen your club / your performs better. Case in point - Kane vs. Soldado, Holtby vs. Dele Alli, Paulinho vs. Dier.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Arsenal had other chances after the Spuds game to ensure top 4. Why? When we played Spuds, it was not definite that winning meant top 4. There were few games to go. For example, I refer you to the key games against Chelsea, your loss to Chelski, handed Leicester the title and you ended up 3rd. The FA Cup was on the line with a place in the final at stake, we all know what happened. That is what winning is all about. There comes crunch time and it is all on the line. This Spuds team have not delivered, come crunch time.

I really do not care how you feel as a Spuds supporter and if after all the years of failure and misery, you are not happy now, then that Spuds fan has serious issues. But, itmust not stop Spuds being called out for steps they have so far failed to over come. My overall points remain, this team are not winners, they have won nothing yet.
On the team not being winners, lol!! 20 teams started the race, 1 team won. Yet the team that finished 2nd is said to not be winners despite the marked improvement in performance over the last decade. I will not call out this team because I know where we have come from and I know what real lack of ambition looks like. This team is hungry and will prove so in future.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Edwards sign new contract. Next, Toby
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: Edwards sign new contract. Next, Toby
I was about to post Edwards' signing. I am so delighted to read he has been offered a new contract as reports were surfacing that there were issues with him and MoPo. As for Toby, this one is fast becoming a concern. I just both parties reach an agreement before the season starts.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Isn't it funny how no one is jumping on Leicester for under performing and virtually given no expectation despite winning the league 2 seasons ago? Why is it that they are plying pressure on Spurs, who have not won the damn thing in recent memory and have only finished 3rd and 2nd the last 2 seasons? It is not like we are big spenders so on what basis is all the expectation coming from? We have good players and a solid team but you can't claim we should win the league when we don't have the resources to buy players like the other top 5 teams do but instead rely more on bringing through players from the academy.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

For us to compete on all fronts we need to fortify this team. I really hope MoPo and Levy will break the bank and bring in a solid creative midfielder. I wonder why Wanyama did not play today.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:For us to compete on all fronts we need to fortify this team. I really hope MoPo and Levy will break the bank and bring in a solid creative midfielder. I wonder why Wanyama did not play today.

You don change mouth? :lol: :lol: :lol: When we were telling you guys, you guys were twerking! telling us about how "the game is unsustainable," speaking english in our ear. Now, Man City don fooork una well, your eye don open. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:For us to compete on all fronts we need to fortify this team. I really hope MoPo and Levy will break the bank and bring in a solid creative midfielder. I wonder why Wanyama did not play today.
You don change mouth? :lol: :lol: :lol: When we were telling you guys, you guys were twerking! telling us about how "the game is unsustainable," speaking english in our ear. Now, Man City don fooork una well, your eye don open. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You got it wrong. MoPo and Levy never said buying was not an option but paying silly money and buying for the sake of it was not the way to go. Even today MoPo acknowledged the team was well behind City in preparation for the season and there is a need to acquire the right players. I won't be surprised if the deal for Barkley is concluded this new week.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:

Levy did not rescue and save Spuds from the financial disaster Irvine Scholar, your then Chairman, was responsible for. Alan Sugar, the multi millionaire saved Spuds and put it on a sound financial footing before selling to Levy and ENIC.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Relax, third game of pre-season. I agree with need to replace those that have left and improve on the underperforming ones. However the team was setup yo give about 7 key players, full 90 minutes for the first time. They will have to build them up gradually, particularly those who had extended break
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Some fans are over reacting to a friendly result. Poch treats those things as match fitness building exercises. Would be very worried if the team was fully fit this week.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Levy did not rescue and save Spuds from the financial disaster Irvine Scholar, your then Chairman, was responsible for. Alan Sugar, the multi millionaire saved Spuds and put it on a sound financial footing before selling to Levy and ENIC.
Never said he did. I said Levy has restored Spurs finances and our end of season position has steadily improved under him.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

White Walkers! Una go buy anyone? Coz e be like say tuna need to O. Trying to make this a legit 6-7 team fight for the title :D
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

spastic wrote:White Walkers! Una go buy anyone? Coz e be like say tuna need to O. Trying to make this a legit 6-7 team fight for the title :D
Can you name the 6-7 legit team you are talking about?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

spastic wrote:White Walkers! Una go buy anyone? Coz e be like say tuna need to O. Trying to make this a legit 6-7 team fight for the title :D
We'll be fine in terms of personnel. They will buy what they need and if not we'll manage what we have. My only concern is how Wembley will affect us? Expectation might have to be lowered?
We don't have the support of the Iron Bank like your team so we have to rely on waking a few dead cheap players :tic: