The AFCON in June in places like Nigeria.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: The AFCON in June in places like Nigeria.

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:My beef is Europe shouldn't have any say in the decision making process of CAF. CAF should put African interests first. This Ahmad guy is starting to worry me.
We as Africans should learn to put our ego aside once in a while and make reasonable decisions. African players suffer professionally due to having the AFCON in January. Most loose their places at their clubs and some clubs refuse to buy African players solely for this reason. My only worry is the weather but it rains in January too so the risk is worth taking
This has nothing to do with Ego. It is about putting Africa first. Professional players playing in Europe are not the only stake holders in African football. FIFA laws already protects them. EU laws or host countries laws like the UK home grown rule or La Liga foreign players rules or the stringent rules of applying for a Uk work permit affect African players more than the nations cup. Not many African countries can host a 24 team nations cup or host it in June.
https://africacheck.org/factsheets/fact ... n-numbers/

It was the stakeholders that took the decision at a stakeholders forum, later supported by CAF. The cost of hosting can be shared by co-hosting which CAF is encouraging.

http://www.oraclenews.ng/cafs-radical-c ... s-backing/
https://eblnews.com/video/stakeholders- ... all-160292
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:My beef is Europe shouldn't have any say in the decision making process of CAF. CAF should put African interests first. This Ahmad guy is starting to worry me.
We as Africans should learn to put our ego aside once in a while and make reasonable decisions. African players suffer professionally due to having the AFCON in January. Most loose their places at their clubs and some clubs refuse to buy African players solely for this reason. My only worry is the weather but it rains in January too so the risk is worth taking
This has nothing to do with Ego. It is about putting Africa first. Professional players playing in Europe are not the only stake holders in African football. FIFA laws already protects them. EU laws or host countries laws like the UK home grown rule or La Liga foreign players rules or the stringent rules of applying for a Uk work permit affect African players more than the nations cup. Not many African countries can host a 24 team nations cup or host it in June.
You say FIFA laws protect them. True but FIFA laws do not tell a coach he has to field a player after returning from the AFCON, or that a club has to buy an African player. We do not have enough African players playing for top clubs in Europe and this is partly because clubs know they may have to release them for 5 - 6 weeks every two seasons. That's a lot.
You also mention that not many African countries can host a 24 team nations cup or host in June. To be honest not many African countries should and are capable of hosting the AFCON - June or January - period. Nothing wrong with having 8 or 9 countries host between themselves.
yes o
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

papilo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:
You say FIFA laws protect them. True but FIFA laws do not tell a coach he has to field a player after returning from the AFCON, or that a club has to buy an African player. We do not have enough African players playing for top clubs in Europe and this is partly because clubs know they may have to release them for 5 - 6 weeks every two seasons. That's a lot.
You also mention that not many African countries can host a 24 team nations cup or host in June. To be honest not many African countries should and are capable of hosting the AFCON - June or January - period. Nothing wrong with having 8 or 9 countries host between themselves.
The bottom line is African players playing in Europe are not the only stake holder in African football. African leaders are idiots. Asia will still hold their tournament in January/February. Their leaders are not mugus like Pinnicks and co. If a manager chooses not to field a player because of the Afcon. Then he is a moron. Mane played for Senegal, and he is a still a regular at Liverpool. Yekini(RIP) had no problem playing at the Afcon and still having a good career in Europe.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Seems like a lot of jumping through hoops to satisfy your masters in Europe.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:

It was the stakeholders that took the decision at a stakeholders forum, later supported by CAF. The cost of hosting can be shared by co-hosting which CAF is encouraging.

I don't support it, and I am a stake holder.

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote:
folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:

The minority will have their say.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:

The minority will have their say.
We should have a continent poll. Ask Africans if they support this changes?

papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:
The bottom line is African players playing in Europe are not the only stake holder in African football. African leaders are idiots. Asia will still hold their tournament in January/February. Their leaders are not mugus like Pinnicks and co. If a manager chooses not to field a player because of the Afcon. Then he is a moron. Mane played for Senegal, and he is a still a regular at Liverpool. Yekini(RIP) had no problem playing at the Afcon and still having a good career in Europe.
There are way more African players in Europe than there are Asian players.
yes o
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Flex Swift wrote:The change will provide hosting countries with the opportunity to update their stadium facilities with features such as state of the art retractable roofs that can close when it rains or is raining and open when not. The added advantage to a country like Nigeria is that we could also move our league date to match Europe.
Kpom and get UEFA to pay for it, if they really want us to move...they have money, SO they provide retractable roofs to any host country would be the deal........During winter I wantched Ajax covered it was nice and warm........ June, July would be easy for us to travel to this countries and watch the games
Oya back to the matter
open and close
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

papilo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
papilo wrote:
There are way more African players in Europe than there are Asian players.
You still don't get it. The move will harm Africa football. Not many countries can afford to host 24 teams. And Nigeria will have to deal with floods in June/July.
EU laws and Individual associations laws harm our footballers playing in Europe more than the Afcon. Like I said earlier look at the UK work permit rules. Nwakili can't get a work permit. Look at the UK home grown rule. Look at the EU laws. If Arsenal signs a non Eu player, they will have release a non EU player. Europe takes care of their interest first. Africa leaders are mugus.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Okay, lets make a deal.

For the next 3 ANCs, the European leagues will take a break in January and february, to allow us concentrate on the ANC. Then after that, for eternity, we will move the ANC to June, to accomodate them.

Yup! I am sure you mental saves know what Europe will say. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I am sure in your mind you know the anwser. Your masters will never give up 3 years, while they ask you for eternity. But yet, you want to bend down to your master. continue. shameless things.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote: You still don't get it. The move will harm Africa football. Not many countries can afford to host 24 teams. And Nigeria have to deal with floods in June/July.
EU laws and Individual associations laws harm our footballers playing in Europe more than the Afcon. Like I said earlier look at the UK work permit rules. Nwakili can't get a work permit. Look at the UK home grown rule. Look at the EU laws. If Arsenal signs a non Eu player, they will have release a non EU player. Europe takes care of their interest first. Africa leaders are mugus.
Talking about getting it, do you? If very many countries can host 12 teams, then co-hosting is possible and practicable. Nigeria is only one of possibly 9 that can be single hosts. Rain is a bigger factor in West Africa than the other 4 subregions. Nigeria always play football through June/July as mentioned by Felix Owolabi in a previous link. Home based African footballer internationals intrests are taken care of by CHA which is the defacto Africa Cup.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote: You still don't get it. The move will harm Africa football. Not many countries can afford to host 24 teams. And Nigeria have to deal with floods in June/July.
Talking about getting it, do you? If very many countries can host 12 teams, then co-hosting is possible and practicable. Nigeria is only one of possibly 9 that can be single hosts. Rain is a bigger factor in West Africa than the other 4 subregions. Nigeria always play football through June/July as mentioned by Felix Owolabi in a previous link. Home based African footballer internationals intrests are taken care of by CHA which is the defacto Africa Cup.
What is the economic benefit of co hosting?

Why should we have to create a rule that makes it hard to host the nations cup. S Why don't we ask Europe to ease the EU rules on African players playing in Europe? They will tell you no. But the likes of Pinnicks who is a certified mugu will bend over for his masters in Europe.

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote:
folem wrote:

Why should we have to create a rule that makes it hard to host the nations cup. S Why don't we ask Europe to ease the EU rules on African players playing in Europe? They will tell you no. But the likes of Pinnicks who is a certified mugu will bend over for his masters in Europe.
The benefits of co-hosting is shared costs.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
folem wrote:

Any other benefit?

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Stop seeing challenges as obstacle. It is rain not an earth quake Abeg let us rise to the challenge and prove that even it is snowing we can do it.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Prince wrote:Stop seeing challenges as obstacle. It is rain not an earth quake Abeg let us rise to the challenge and prove that even it is snowing we can do it.
\

But why should we have to rise to challenge?. The nation cup has been held in January/February for decades.

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Prince wrote:Stop seeing challenges as obstacle. It is rain not an earth quake Abeg let us rise to the challenge and prove that even it is snowing we can do it.
\

But why should we have to rise to challenge?. The nation cup has been held in January/February for decades.
More revenue with more people watching, if you tell oyinbo they will make more money in February They will take it. Best players in the continent on show and if they are available December them we adapt. We want the best in Africa on show.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Prince wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
\

More revenue with more people watching, if you tell oyinbo they will make more money in February They will take it. Best players in the continent on show and if they are available December them we adapt. We want the best in Africa on show.
kpom
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote:
folem wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
folem wrote:

Any other benefit?
Yes, all the other benefits of single hosts but with shared revenue.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ohenhen1 wrote:
\

It was previously held in March for decades before change came.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Prince wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
\

Less countries been able to host the nations cup. More weather delays.

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Let African countries build roof