Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
F360
Egg
Egg
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by F360 »

Didn't want to start a thread just for this but I went to see the United-City pre-season match. A few non-match related thoughts.

United are serious about their training base at UCLA in Los Angeles. They are barely spending any time in the other cities(apart from LA) that they are playing in. They fly in the day of or the day before the match and they leave for LA right after the match. I know they've been battling with Madrid over the better practice fields at UCLA so I guess they want to make sure Madrid don't use(or get comfortable using) their field at UCLA.
Was weird to see Mkhitaryan and Pep walking out to the buses together and chatting...in English. I think they know each other from their time in the Bundesliga.
Talked to TFM and Tuanzebe about what countries they want to play for. TFM said he isn't focusing on that now and he just wants to focus on club football and getting regular playing time with United. (But I think in his case it will be Ghana only if Holland don't call him up first). Tuanzebe also wants to break into the United team officially and get regular minutes but he perked up when talking about Congo and how they are doing in World Cup qualifying).
Martial doesn't seem to be enjoying himself. Rough time for him, especially watching the emergence of Rashford.
Fellaini kind of looks like Colin Kaepernick.
Pogba and Lukaku are never apart. Same with Lingard and Rashford.

--------------------------------------------
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

spastic wrote:He is trash

Awwww it hurt so bad, didnt it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

So:

Over the last 1 year, I have been saying "Chris Smalling doesnt know how to judge the flight of balls." Its truly embarassing that a professional Center Back cannot determine how fast and at what height a ball is coming.

[tweet]

[/tweet]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

danfo driver wrote:So:

Over the last 1 year, I have been saying "Chris Smalling doesnt know how to judge the flight of balls." Its truly embarassing that a professional Center Back cannot determine how fast and at what height a ball is coming.

[tweet]

[/tweet]
danfo...between him and Phil Jones I tire. Even still, I think Smalling is still a little better than Jones. We know Bailly will handle his business. Just need Lindelof to do the same.

--------------------------------------------
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

@wiseone, i hope you watched the friendly vs Madrid, i look forward to your detailed review as usual :thumb:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Eric Bailly has been suspended for Man Utd's first 3 champions League games. Added punishment for the red card he got in the Europa League semi-final against Celta Vigo last season.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote:Eric Bailly has been suspended for Man Utd's first 3 champions League games. Added punishment for the red card he got in the Europa League semi-final against Celta Vigo last season.
nope misses just one champs league game, already missed the Europa final, will miss the super cup vs REal and the first united champs league game
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

Jose is getting the squad he wants. Building a team of giants. Man Utd will maul out 1-0 victories to take EPL next season.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd - still giving players away.

Chicharito just signed for West Ham for 16million (2 years after Man Utd sold him for 7 million at a time when he was only 25 years old). He could be one of the buys of the season. A proven goal poacher for 16 million in today's mad inflated market = a steal.

Everton bought Michael Keane for 25 million (2 years after Man Utd sold him for 2 million at a time when he was only 21 years old).

Valencia bought Nani for 7 million (1 year after Man Utd sold him for 2 million). Only Man Utd would sell a player they bought for 17 million, who has played in 3 champions league finals, won the EPL, played in the World Cup and Euros, for 2 million while he was still in his 20s.

Rooney - it would not surprise me if they gave him a free transfer. This one is not so bad as it might be a gesture of thanks for his years of service.

Man Utd - they overpay for players, then give their players away when they sell.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Oloye,

e be like sey Fulliani is going to galatasaray! :shock: :shock: Dude is 29 and has only one year left on his contract, but I am shocked mourinho is not fighting to keep one of his rainless lovers. :oops:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:Oloye,

e be like sey Fulliani is going to galatasaray! :shock: :shock: Dude is 29 and has only one year left on his contract, but I am shocked mourinho is not fighting to keep one of his rainless lovers. :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:

Of course! :lol: :lol: No chance mourinho sells his loving husband! I see he has also added the brainless Matic to his midfield! Mourinho and his love for brainless footballers. :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Matic don leave Chelsea. .thank goodness..enjoy the donkey at United
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

Of course! :lol: :lol: No chance mourinho sells his loving husband! I see he has also added the brainless Matic to his midfield! Mourinho and his love for brainless footballers. :rotf:
A central midfield of Pogba, Matic, Fellaini, will bully most top midfields in Europe :taunt:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

No farmer jokes with his donkeys! He acquires more rather than sell. Welcome another donkey to the theatre of dreams where donkeys are being bred!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiii Jose has constructed another Juggernaut :scared: :scared: :scared:

This team is scary :scared:

TFCO no go let me hear word now :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
F360 wrote:
wiseone wrote:During the friendly matches against Galaxy and RSL, I paid attention to the youngsters and I was very impressed.

TFM: the most physically developed of the lot. Strong as an ox, very quick, likes a strong tackle. He could be a good player for years to come.

Tuanzebe: the kid is the real deal. He has a languid style reminiscent of Laurent Blanc in his heyday. Even though he is just a teenager he plays with the composure of a veteran. He dispossesses opponents with the casualness of a man peeling an orange.

Pereira: the most skillful of the lot. Hard to judge him because Mourinho played him out of position in both games (as a DM regista instead of as an AM number 10 or wide forward - his natural positions). Surprisingly he handled the new strange position very well. It must have been a difficult adjustment for him (a bit like asking Oscar or Januzaj to play as a DM). I worry that JM is about to "Mikelise" him (turn an AM playmaker into a DM water carrier). He is technically very accomplished, can deliver a mean dead ball from corners or free kicks, and is a good crosser too. The one thing he lacks is pace. That might impede his development in the EPL which is full of gladiators. He would be a gem in a technical league like Spain, France, or Italy.
Cheers for that report.
I'll be at the match on Thursday and I'm looking forward to seeing Tuanzebe and Pereira. Already know TFM is legit.
What were your thoughts on McTominay? Did he play vs the Galaxy?
F360 wrote:
wiseone wrote:During the friendly matches against Galaxy and RSL, I paid attention to the youngsters and I was very impressed.

TFM: the most physically developed of the lot. Strong as an ox, very quick, likes a strong tackle. He could be a good player for years to come.

Tuanzebe: the kid is the real deal. He has a languid style reminiscent of Laurent Blanc in his heyday. Even though he is just a teenager he plays with the composure of a veteran. He dispossesses opponents with the casualness of a man peeling an orange.

Pereira: the most skillful of the lot. Hard to judge him because Mourinho played him out of position in both games (as a DM regista instead of as an AM number 10 or wide forward - his natural positions). Surprisingly he handled the new strange position very well. It must have been a difficult adjustment for him (a bit like asking Oscar or Januzaj to play as a DM). I worry that JM is about to "Mikelise" him (turn an AM playmaker into a DM water carrier). He is technically very accomplished, can deliver a mean dead ball from corners or free kicks, and is a good crosser too. The one thing he lacks is pace. That might impede his development in the EPL which is full of gladiators. He would be a gem in a technical league like Spain, France, or Italy.
Cheers for that report.
I'll be at the match on Thursday and I'm looking forward to seeing Tuanzebe and Pereira. Already know TFM is legit.
What were your thoughts on McTominay? Did he play vs the Galaxy?
Fosu-Mensah is NOT ready. His positioning is very very poor for a guy who started as a CB and also plays as a DM. I think he needs to go on loan. I know Mourinho wants a right back (Aurier) and a left back. Fosu-Mensah needs to go on loan and learn how to position himself.

Even 2 seasons ago when he was man of the match against Tottenham at white hart lane, before he was subbed, his positioning was atrocious.

:wink:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anikulapo wrote:Cheiii Jose has constructed another Juggernaut :scared: :scared: :scared:

Thanks to Chelsea. The gift that keeps giving.

Couldn't hold on to Lukaks, and then gifts of Mata and Matic.

Who next? Hazard?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

balo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Cheiii Jose has constructed another Juggernaut :scared: :scared: :scared:

Who next? Hazard?
You mean Chelsea is slowly becoming ManU's feeder team? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cito wrote:
balo wrote:

Who next? Hazard?
You mean Chelsea is slowly becoming ManU's feeder team? :D

Well, looks like the board is on board with that conclusion.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Man United turned down the chance to sign Isco in 2013 because they thought his head was too big for his body: (link: http://es.pn/2uFZk6e) es.pn/2uFZk6e
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote:Man United turned down the chance to sign Isco in 2013 because they thought his head was too big for his body: (link: http://es.pn/2uFZk6e) es.pn/2uFZk6e
Oja Fry Pan Head, talking about someone'e head. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Man United turned down the chance to sign Isco in 2013 because they thought his head was too big for his body: (link: http://es.pn/2uFZk6e) es.pn/2uFZk6e
Oja Fry Pan Head, talking about someone'e head. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: