Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

F360
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by F360 »

Didn't want to start a thread just for this but I went to see the United-City pre-season match. A few non-match related thoughts.

United are serious about their training base at UCLA in Los Angeles. They are barely spending any time in the other cities(apart from LA) that they are playing in. They fly in the day of or the day before the match and they leave for LA right after the match. I know they've been battling with Madrid over the better practice fields at UCLA so I guess they want to make sure Madrid don't use(or get comfortable using) their field at UCLA.
Was weird to see Mkhitaryan and Pep walking out to the buses together and chatting...in English. I think they know each other from their time in the Bundesliga.
Talked to TFM and Tuanzebe about what countries they want to play for. TFM said he isn't focusing on that now and he just wants to focus on club football and getting regular playing time with United. (But I think in his case it will be Ghana only if Holland don't call him up first). Tuanzebe also wants to break into the United team officially and get regular minutes but he perked up when talking about Congo and how they are doing in World Cup qualifying).
Martial doesn't seem to be enjoying himself. Rough time for him, especially watching the emergence of Rashford.
Fellaini kind of looks like Colin Kaepernick.
Pogba and Lukaku are never apart. Same with Lingard and Rashford.

--------------------------------------------

spastic wrote:He is trash

Awwww it hurt so bad, didnt it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So:

Over the last 1 year, I have been saying "Chris Smalling doesnt know how to judge the flight of balls." Its truly embarassing that a professional Center Back cannot determine how fast and at what height a ball is coming.

[tweet]

[/tweet]
F360

Post by F360 »

danfo driver wrote:So:

Over the last 1 year, I have been saying "Chris Smalling doesnt know how to judge the flight of balls." Its truly embarassing that a professional Center Back cannot determine how fast and at what height a ball is coming.

[tweet]

[/tweet]
danfo...between him and Phil Jones I tire. Even still, I think Smalling is still a little better than Jones. We know Bailly will handle his business. Just need Lindelof to do the same.

--------------------------------------------

@wiseone, i hope you watched the friendly vs Madrid, i look forward to your detailed review as usual :thumb:

Eric Bailly has been suspended for Man Utd's first 3 champions League games. Added punishment for the red card he got in the Europa League semi-final against Celta Vigo last season.

wiseone wrote:Eric Bailly has been suspended for Man Utd's first 3 champions League games. Added punishment for the red card he got in the Europa League semi-final against Celta Vigo last season.
nope misses just one champs league game, already missed the Europa final, will miss the super cup vs REal and the first united champs league game

guest83

Post by guest83 »

Jose is getting the squad he wants. Building a team of giants. Man Utd will maul out 1-0 victories to take EPL next season.

Man Utd - still giving players away.

Chicharito just signed for West Ham for 16million (2 years after Man Utd sold him for 7 million at a time when he was only 25 years old). He could be one of the buys of the season. A proven goal poacher for 16 million in today's mad inflated market = a steal.

Everton bought Michael Keane for 25 million (2 years after Man Utd sold him for 2 million at a time when he was only 21 years old).

Valencia bought Nani for 7 million (1 year after Man Utd sold him for 2 million). Only Man Utd would sell a player they bought for 17 million, who has played in 3 champions league finals, won the EPL, played in the World Cup and Euros, for 2 million while he was still in his 20s.

Rooney - it would not surprise me if they gave him a free transfer. This one is not so bad as it might be a gesture of thanks for his years of service.

Man Utd - they overpay for players, then give their players away when they sell.

Oloye,

e be like sey Fulliani is going to galatasaray! :shock: :shock: Dude is 29 and has only one year left on his contract, but I am shocked mourinho is not fighting to keep one of his rainless lovers. :oops:

danfo driver wrote:Oloye,

e be like sey Fulliani is going to galatasaray! :shock: :shock: Dude is 29 and has only one year left on his contract, but I am shocked mourinho is not fighting to keep one of his rainless lovers. :oops:

benteke wrote:

Of course! :lol: :lol: No chance mourinho sells his loving husband! I see he has also added the brainless Matic to his midfield! Mourinho and his love for brainless footballers. :rotf:

Matic don leave Chelsea. .thank goodness..enjoy the donkey at United

benteke wrote:

Of course! :lol: :lol: No chance mourinho sells his loving husband! I see he has also added the brainless Matic to his midfield! Mourinho and his love for brainless footballers. :rotf:
A central midfield of Pogba, Matic, Fellaini, will bully most top midfields in Europe :taunt:

benteke wrote:

No farmer jokes with his donkeys! He acquires more rather than sell. Welcome another donkey to the theatre of dreams where donkeys are being bred!

Cheiii Jose has constructed another Juggernaut :scared: :scared: :scared:

This team is scary :scared:

TFCO no go let me hear word now :curse:

F360 wrote:
wiseone wrote:During the friendly matches against Galaxy and RSL, I paid attention to the youngsters and I was very impressed.

TFM: the most physically developed of the lot. Strong as an ox, very quick, likes a strong tackle. He could be a good player for years to come.

Tuanzebe: the kid is the real deal. He has a languid style reminiscent of Laurent Blanc in his heyday. Even though he is just a teenager he plays with the composure of a veteran. He dispossesses opponents with the casualness of a man peeling an orange.

Pereira: the most skillful of the lot. Hard to judge him because Mourinho played him out of position in both games (as a DM regista instead of as an AM number 10 or wide forward - his natural positions). Surprisingly he handled the new strange position very well. It must have been a difficult adjustment for him (a bit like asking Oscar or Januzaj to play as a DM). I worry that JM is about to "Mikelise" him (turn an AM playmaker into a DM water carrier). He is technically very accomplished, can deliver a mean dead ball from corners or free kicks, and is a good crosser too. The one thing he lacks is pace. That might impede his development in the EPL which is full of gladiators. He would be a gem in a technical league like Spain, France, or Italy.
Cheers for that report.
I'll be at the match on Thursday and I'm looking forward to seeing Tuanzebe and Pereira. Already know TFM is legit.
What were your thoughts on McTominay? Did he play vs the Galaxy?
F360 wrote:
wiseone wrote:During the friendly matches against Galaxy and RSL, I paid attention to the youngsters and I was very impressed.

TFM: the most physically developed of the lot. Strong as an ox, very quick, likes a strong tackle. He could be a good player for years to come.

Tuanzebe: the kid is the real deal. He has a languid style reminiscent of Laurent Blanc in his heyday. Even though he is just a teenager he plays with the composure of a veteran. He dispossesses opponents with the casualness of a man peeling an orange.

Pereira: the most skillful of the lot. Hard to judge him because Mourinho played him out of position in both games (as a DM regista instead of as an AM number 10 or wide forward - his natural positions). Surprisingly he handled the new strange position very well. It must have been a difficult adjustment for him (a bit like asking Oscar or Januzaj to play as a DM). I worry that JM is about to "Mikelise" him (turn an AM playmaker into a DM water carrier). He is technically very accomplished, can deliver a mean dead ball from corners or free kicks, and is a good crosser too. The one thing he lacks is pace. That might impede his development in the EPL which is full of gladiators. He would be a gem in a technical league like Spain, France, or Italy.
Cheers for that report.
I'll be at the match on Thursday and I'm looking forward to seeing Tuanzebe and Pereira. Already know TFM is legit.
What were your thoughts on McTominay? Did he play vs the Galaxy?
Fosu-Mensah is NOT ready. His positioning is very very poor for a guy who started as a CB and also plays as a DM. I think he needs to go on loan. I know Mourinho wants a right back (Aurier) and a left back. Fosu-Mensah needs to go on loan and learn how to position himself.

Even 2 seasons ago when he was man of the match against Tottenham at white hart lane, before he was subbed, his positioning was atrocious.

:wink:

anikulapo wrote:Cheiii Jose has constructed another Juggernaut :scared: :scared: :scared:

Thanks to Chelsea. The gift that keeps giving.

Couldn't hold on to Lukaks, and then gifts of Mata and Matic.

Who next? Hazard?

balo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Cheiii Jose has constructed another Juggernaut :scared: :scared: :scared:

Who next? Hazard?
You mean Chelsea is slowly becoming ManU's feeder team? :D

balo wrote:

Who next? Hazard?
You mean Chelsea is slowly becoming ManU's feeder team? :D

Well, looks like the board is on board with that conclusion.

ojafranpa

Post by ojafranpa »

Man United turned down the chance to sign Isco in 2013 because they thought his head was too big for his body: (link: http://es.pn/2uFZk6e) es.pn/2uFZk6e
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.

ojafranpa wrote:Man United turned down the chance to sign Isco in 2013 because they thought his head was too big for his body: (link: http://es.pn/2uFZk6e) es.pn/2uFZk6e
Oja Fry Pan Head, talking about someone'e head. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

ojafranpa wrote:Man United turned down the chance to sign Isco in 2013 because they thought his head was too big for his body: (link: http://es.pn/2uFZk6e) es.pn/2uFZk6e
Oja Fry Pan Head, talking about someone'e head. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: