Declaration of War - The Elites vs The New Money

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Declaration of War - The Elites vs The New Money

Post by danfo driver »

Several years ago, I watched an interview of a coach. Cant remember who the coach is now, not sure whether its mourinho or another coach, but I think it was Mourinho because he was coach of cheslea (a club considered outside the elites). In this interview, the coach was asked why he had never secured a player through "buy out clause." And the coach pretty much said that elite clubs put up "buy out clauses," not because they intend to sell the player when the buy out club is met. In fact, they do it because the player requests it, and the clubs have an "understanding" amongst themselves (other elite clubs) that it will not be triggered. And he gave examples of release clubs that have been triggered and it was usually one of the elites triggering the clause of a player at a non-elite and always, the elite always agreed with the other clubs to "meet" the clause, but not "trigger" it. And in that way, the elite dosnt pay the VAT.

He later said, and this line was very fascinating -- that if a club dared to trigger a release clause, there will be war.

We all know PSG is about to trigger Neymar's clause. Well, the elites are about to declare war. Barcelona, ManUtd, Juventus, Bayern, Milan and RealMadrid Board members will have a meeting, and will take actions against ManCity and PSG.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Declaration of War - The Elites vs The New Money

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what's the point of this thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Several years ago, I watched an interview of a coach. Cant remember who the coach is now, not sure whether its mourinho or another coach, but I think it was Mourinho because he was coach of cheslea (a club considered outside the elites). In this interview, the coach was asked why he had never secured a player through "buy out clause." And the coach pretty much said that elite clubs put up "buy out clauses," not because they intend to sell the player when the buy out club is met. In fact, they do it because the player requests it, and the clubs have an "understanding" amongst themselves (other elite clubs) that it will not be triggered. And he gave examples of release clubs that have been triggered and it was usually one of the elites triggering the clause of a player at a non-elite and always, the elite always agreed with the other clubs to "meet" the clause, but not "trigger" it. And in that way, the elite dosnt pay the VAT.

He later said, and this line was very fascinating -- that if a club dared to trigger a release clause, there will be war.

We all know PSG is about to trigger Neymar's clause. Well, the elites are about to declare war. Barcelona, ManUtd, Juventus, Bayern, Milan and RealMadrid Board members will have a meeting, and will take actions against ManCity and PSG.
Bros what does man city had to do with PSG trigger Neymars clause?
Secondly why is all the elites club holding meeting against PSG?
Third what will happen after the meeting to PSG.
Oga Danfo why is beloved, Liverpool and Chelsea not in this meeting but Milan and Juve are in the meeting?
Thanks I just want to learn,so easy on me biko
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:Several years ago, I watched an interview of a coach. Cant remember who the coach is now, not sure whether its mourinho or another coach, but I think it was Mourinho because he was coach of cheslea (a club considered outside the elites). In this interview, the coach was asked why he had never secured a player through "buy out clause." And the coach pretty much said that elite clubs put up "buy out clauses," not because they intend to sell the player when the buy out club is met. In fact, they do it because the player requests it, and the clubs have an "understanding" amongst themselves (other elite clubs) that it will not be triggered. And he gave examples of release clubs that have been triggered and it was usually one of the elites triggering the clause of a player at a non-elite and always, the elite always agreed with the other clubs to "meet" the clause, but not "trigger" it. And in that way, the elite dosnt pay the VAT.

Interesting. Curious to see how it all shakes out
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Interesting :thumb:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:Oga Danfo why is beloved, Liverpool and Chelsea not in this meeting but Milan and Juve are in the meeting?
Thanks I just want to learn,so easy on me biko
Juventus and AC Milan with those ones that you listed? :D

Ok make I help you --
Beloved: Than one na small club - let them go and win Champions league first :mrgreen: .
Loserpool: Ok, dem try small with many ancient Champions league titles and old English league but still a small man wearing big agbada, in their case, let them go and win just one modern day EPL - so no recognition for now :lol:
Chelsea: Dem try. Very very small in the hierarchy of the elites but growing. Long way to go :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote: Bros what does man city had to do with PSG trigger Neymars clause?
I dont know. But thats the agenda of their meeting.
arrogance. "How dare you come in here and do to us what we have been doing to others."
I dont know.
Oga Danfo why is beloved, Liverpool and Chelsea not in this meeting but Milan and Juve are in the meeting?
:lol: Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are not considered "elite" clubs.

Both Milan and Juve are considered amongst the "elite clubs" in Europe. In fact, Milan is considered the 2nd biggest club in Europe.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote: Bros what does man city had to do with PSG trigger Neymars clause?
arrogance. "How dare you come in here and do to us what we have been doing to others."
I dont know.

Both Milan and Juve are considered amongst the "elite clubs" in Europe. In fact, Milan is considered the 2nd biggest club in Europe.

Na wow for Kajifu o! What has Arsenal won in Europe?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
I dont know.

I don't know, Barcelona and Milan will be less hostile to a resurgent Liverpool than City or PSG, they'll feel it's a historical team. These teams (the Italians especially) hate the "new money" teams more than their own rivals.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

PSG and City are upsetting the applecart, if this Neymar deal goes through, then all of a sudden it means the best players will no longer be going to Barcelona or Madrid, but to PSG.
This scares those two clubs because they have been dominating Champions League mostly because they have the best players in Europe in their squads.

But also can we address the issue of FFP, are PSG and City really flouting FFP rules somehow ?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote:

Why set the clause if it falls foul of FFP rules?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:
benteke wrote:

Why set the clause if it falls foul of FFP rules?
When they set it they probably thought it was such crazy amount it was out of reach of any club.
But PSG is doing the unthinkable and what is more shocking is that it is in line with FFP rules.
Maybe FFP was set up to benefit the traditional big clubs, but it's now backfiring.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Off topic but I think it's also worth noting:

In the airline industry there has been a similar war going in between the traditional big airlines like BA, Lufthansa, Air France and the American ones, versus the three big airlines from the Middle East (Emirates, Etihad, Qatar).
The traditional airlines accuse the Middle East ones of being state backed and essentially financial doping in the airline industry, and are always lobbying their gvts to put all sorts of restrictions on how Middle East airlines fly into Europe and USA.
But one thing for sure, an airline like Emirates has upset the applecart, you stand at Heathrow and you will notice that Emirates flies the biggest super jumbo jets in there many times a day and passengers love it.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assnal is elite at 4th...let psg continue joor..I don't like barcelona
SuperEagles

KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

I laugh at all these Arsenal suppoters. Little do they know that in the grand scgeme of things, Ajax and even Porto are much bigger club than they are!

Fact not feelings.
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know.

I don't know, Barcelona and Milan will be less hostile to a resurgent Liverpool than City or PSG, they'll feel it's a historical team. These teams (the Italians especially) hate the "new money" teams more than their own rivals.
I dont think so. With what I know (which, frankly, may not be much :lol: ), the elite group isnt open to new members. Its like a cult that understands its strenght and its political power. And for some reason, they feel like if they welcome any new member, it will weaken them. The best example is the UN Security Counsel. 5 countries controlling the world. They can include a new member if they want, but they never will.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

KIZONZO wrote:I laugh at all these Arsenal suppoters. Little do they know that in the grand scgeme of things, Ajax and even Porto are much bigger club than they are!

Fact not feelings.
Kpom
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:

PSG and City are upsetting the applecart, if this Neymar deal goes through, then all of a sudden it means the best players will no longer be going to Barcelona or Madrid, but to PSG.
This scares those two clubs because they have been dominating Champions League mostly because they have the best players in Europe in their squads.

But also can we address the issue of FFP, are PSG and City really flouting FFP rules somehow ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FFP never existed. It only existed in two places:

1. for clubs outside the "elite"; and
2. those using it to excuse failure of their club.

Do you remember how and why FFP started? Think back! It was the elite who used their political power to control the neo-rich, after clubs like Chelsea started competing.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I just read this. How the heck are you privy to this info, However shame on those Elite so called club hating on PSG or City..Let everyone spend , it matters not, and it levels the playing field, PSG wants the Champs league and if they buy all the best players to achieve that so be it..Barca has no shame
SuperEagles

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

I just read this. How the heck are you privy to this info, However shame on those Elite so called club hating on PSG or City..Let everyone spend , it matters not, and it levels the playing field, PSG wants the Champs league and if they buy all the best players to achieve that so be it..Barca has no shame

He told you how. It's public knowledge if you've been watching and paying attention.

Shame on the elite but it's nothing new, it happens in every single aspect of life.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

Do you remember how and why FFP started? Think back! It was the elite who used their political power to control the neo-rich, after clubs like Chelsea started competing.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:

Aha I remember Chelsea being openly denounced for buying too much, and that something must be done.

So now i guess something must be done because of what PSG is doing as you said earlier.
No wonder some of these clubs are selling players cheap to each other, raising my suspicions :sneaky: