Kevin Akpoguma is seriously injured

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

hangingfire
Egg
Egg
Re: Kevin Akpoguma is seriously injured

Post by hangingfire »

bully12 wrote:Definitely wish him a very quick recovery. Hangfire's thread was absolutely childish and inane . Hopefully he does not really meant what he scripted.
You are the one who's childish Bully Boy. Yes, you're child like by equating your perception with the reality I'm espousing. I mean what I said in this thread and don't care a hoot about those of you who hold contrary views to my position. It is your prerogative to agree with any position herein just as it is my right to express my thoughts, beliefs and aspirations herein. It is called freedom of speech.

My advise to folks like you is: if your opinion(s) is, (are), contrary to mine, be civil in your expression(s) of it instead of being so rudderless in your approach at reasoning and abilities to comprehend glaring facts. You and some of your types are also archaic and loose in your foundation for approaches and uneducated in your baseless assumptions, guessing and posturing.

Some of you are also very immature and gutless, yet, will confuse your weakness, gutlessness, sentimentality and unbalanced nature for strength. Most of you calling me names now are the same ones who will openly rejoice where it to be announced that Vincent Aboubakar or Benjamin Moukandjo has been injured weeks prior to the October world cup qualifier between Super Eagles and Indomitable Lions. It is called hypocrisy. I am happy to say Hypocrisy is not one of my follies.

Yes, football is a sport. Those with even a mere horse commonsense also know it is a war of sorts. My love for my country is however, not a sport. Same football some of you connote to be a mere sport have seen Sam Okwaraji die on the field of play while playing out his heart for Nigeria and has also seen Marc-Vivien Foe die on the soccer field playing for Cameroon.

Football is in reality, a serious business as is modern sports. Russia was banned from some games at the last Olympics for cheating. Maria Sharapova cheated her way to the apex of tennis.

It is suspected in some quarters that Canadian sports officials were aware of Ben Johnson's cheating but kept quiet about it for the simple fact that he was helping to elevate the world perception of Canadian athletics prowess.

Finally, recall that about 7 fans were electrocuted in Calabar watching a EUROPA game between Man. U. and Anderletcht. Same week Ugo Ehiogu died at work at Tottenham. While Ehiogu's death has been recognized at every English game since then, everybody in England and elsewhere in Europe have acted as if the deaths of fans in Nigeria is inconsequential. It is however not surprising. It has to do with people prioritizing their business and national interests.

In conclusion, some people in here are either too immature to be here or are just too naive for their own good. They are shone of the right attitude in this modern era to make an impact in an inconsiderate world. Either way, such folks are royally fxxxed up and I say that without an iota of regret.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

See grammar wars :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

The dude is back on the training pitch, preparing for the new season. Considering how badly it all could have gone for him, it is a major miracle.
:clap:
Kevin Akpoguma: "It's a minor miracle"

Kevin Akpoguma re-joined TSG earlier this summer. Prior to that, the defender had spent two years on loan at Fortuna Düsseldorf. His time there came to a sudden end. In a match against FC St. Pauli, the 22-year-old suffered a nasty back injury and was forced to spend months on the sidelines. Akpoguma is now training with the TSG first team, however, and he spoke to us about his injury, his rehabilitation and his early return.

Kevin, in April you suffered a bad injury to your cervical vertebra. What did you experience at the time?

Kevin Akpoguma: I remember the impact and then falling to the ground. I was dazed and wanted to stand up, but I couldn't lift my head. I couldn't get my head off the ground. It was then that I realised that something was wrong. Then the physios came on and wanted to treat my head, but I told them they shouldn't touch it. The doctors then applied the cervical collar. It was then that I could tell that something very bad had happened. I was carried from the field into the ambulance. There I could move my arms, legs, hands, feet, toes and fingers and my goodness was that a good feeling. Then at the hospital the diagnosis came and it was a cervical fracture. It sounds brutal. It's a bad injury, but luckily it was only a fracture. It could have turned out a lot worse. That I'm certain of.

Who was with you first after you suffered the injury?

Akpoguma: At the hospital the doctors who had treated me were, of course, there. Then my girlfriend came and the physiotherapists from Fortuna. I was in intensive care so not too many people were allowed to visit me. It was an evening game so my family and my agent came the following day.

Is there anything that you can take from this horrible incident that will help you in the future?

Akpoguma: It was touch and go. There was the possibility that my career could have ended and that I'd be in a wheelchair. I've learnt to appreciate life as a footballer a lot more. When you don't play, you're often negative and unhappy, but I don't have that anymore. I'm happy to be around the team, happy to train. If I don't make the squad or don't play, I remain positive and continue to work hard. I'm happy with my life and thankful for what I have and what I'm able to do as a professional footballer.

You returned to TSG training a lot earlier than planned. How was that possible?

Akpoguma: The fracture healed incredibly quickly. It normally takes three to four months, but my break took about seven weeks to heal and be stable again. That's a minor miracle. Then I was able to remove the rack from my neck and begin my rehabilitation. First of all with very light exercises. Like the recovery from the break itself, the rehab went very well, quickly and without any problems or set-backs. I must thank TSG and the rehab physios: they worked fantastically with me during the summer break and made my early return possible. There was an unbelievably positive atmosphere when we worked together. That's another reason, for me, why I returned so quickly.

Are there still restrictions for you in training?

Akpoguma: I'm slightly behind in training and am physically not at the same level as the others, but there aren't any restrictions anymore. I'm perhaps still a little inhibited in aerial duels, but I don't have any pain. Physically, I can go into every challenge with full power and heading isn't a problem.

What aims do you have for the rest of pre-season?

Akpoguma: Everything that I'm doing in training is a bonus for me. I didn't imagine returning to team training so soon. The club, the coach and the team have welcomed me back superbly and I appreciate that a lot. I've had a lot more time than I thought I would to adjust to and understand the football of TSG and what Julian Nagelsmann and the team wants from me. First of all, I want to reach the level that I was at before the injury and then develop further from that point onwards. I'm here to challenge to more established players and need to work hard. That's about football matters as well as adjusting to the tempo of TSG. It will take time, but I want to get up to speed as quickly as possible.

Shortly after the injury you said that you wanted to play a competitive match for TSG this season. Is that still the main aim?

Akpoguma: Once I've trained with the team for a while, hopefully I'll play several matches. I want to play for the U23s and hopefully develop so that I can be up for selection for the first team. I have a little way ahead of me before I reach that level. I want to become an option for the coach and want to help the team in the Bundesliga.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wow, thank God for his recovery!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The Eagle wrote:The dude is back on the training pitch, preparing for the new season. Considering how badly it all could have gone for him, it is a major miracle.
:clap:
Kevin Akpoguma: "It's a minor miracle"

Kevin Akpoguma re-joined TSG earlier this summer. Prior to that, the defender had spent two years on loan at Fortuna Düsseldorf. His time there came to a sudden end. In a match against FC St. Pauli, the 22-year-old suffered a nasty back injury and was forced to spend months on the sidelines. Akpoguma is now training with the TSG first team, however, and he spoke to us about his injury, his rehabilitation and his early return.

Kevin, in April you suffered a bad injury to your cervical vertebra. What did you experience at the time?

Kevin Akpoguma: I remember the impact and then falling to the ground. I was dazed and wanted to stand up, but I couldn't lift my head. I couldn't get my head off the ground. It was then that I realised that something was wrong. Then the physios came on and wanted to treat my head, but I told them they shouldn't touch it. The doctors then applied the cervical collar. It was then that I could tell that something very bad had happened. I was carried from the field into the ambulance. There I could move my arms, legs, hands, feet, toes and fingers and my goodness was that a good feeling. Then at the hospital the diagnosis came and it was a cervical fracture. It sounds brutal. It's a bad injury, but luckily it was only a fracture. It could have turned out a lot worse. That I'm certain of.

Who was with you first after you suffered the injury?

Akpoguma: At the hospital the doctors who had treated me were, of course, there. Then my girlfriend came and the physiotherapists from Fortuna. I was in intensive care so not too many people were allowed to visit me. It was an evening game so my family and my agent came the following day.

Is there anything that you can take from this horrible incident that will help you in the future?

Akpoguma: It was touch and go. There was the possibility that my career could have ended and that I'd be in a wheelchair. I've learnt to appreciate life as a footballer a lot more. When you don't play, you're often negative and unhappy, but I don't have that anymore. I'm happy to be around the team, happy to train. If I don't make the squad or don't play, I remain positive and continue to work hard. I'm happy with my life and thankful for what I have and what I'm able to do as a professional footballer.

You returned to TSG training a lot earlier than planned. How was that possible?

Akpoguma: The fracture healed incredibly quickly. It normally takes three to four months, but my break took about seven weeks to heal and be stable again. That's a minor miracle. Then I was able to remove the rack from my neck and begin my rehabilitation. First of all with very light exercises. Like the recovery from the break itself, the rehab went very well, quickly and without any problems or set-backs. I must thank TSG and the rehab physios: they worked fantastically with me during the summer break and made my early return possible. There was an unbelievably positive atmosphere when we worked together. That's another reason, for me, why I returned so quickly.

Are there still restrictions for you in training?

Akpoguma: I'm slightly behind in training and am physically not at the same level as the others, but there aren't any restrictions anymore. I'm perhaps still a little inhibited in aerial duels, but I don't have any pain. Physically, I can go into every challenge with full power and heading isn't a problem.

What aims do you have for the rest of pre-season?

Akpoguma: Everything that I'm doing in training is a bonus for me. I didn't imagine returning to team training so soon. The club, the coach and the team have welcomed me back superbly and I appreciate that a lot. I've had a lot more time than I thought I would to adjust to and understand the football of TSG and what Julian Nagelsmann and the team wants from me. First of all, I want to reach the level that I was at before the injury and then develop further from that point onwards. I'm here to challenge to more established players and need to work hard. That's about football matters as well as adjusting to the tempo of TSG. It will take time, but I want to get up to speed as quickly as possible.

Shortly after the injury you said that you wanted to play a competitive match for TSG this season. Is that still the main aim?

Akpoguma: Once I've trained with the team for a while, hopefully I'll play several matches. I want to play for the U23s and hopefully develop so that I can be up for selection for the first team. I have a little way ahead of me before I reach that level. I want to become an option for the coach and want to help the team in the Bundesliga.
Very fortunate dude.

Glad he is okay.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ume-ugo wrote:
hangingfire wrote:I don't want to be sorry for somebody who does not value my green, white and green. Like Akpo who has the undeniable right to choose whom to play for, I want to also exercise my own given right-the right to feel for whom I want to feel for. Akpo should feel free to nurse his vertebrae injury for as long as it last. All I know is that Super Eagles will play again next month and I am looking forward to the game. Sarenren Bazee, my true compatriot, please get well soon. I don't have love to waste on anybody, especially those who fail to show my country love simply because a butterfly thinks he is bird. Shikena.
I want to calmly exercise my own given right as well - to call out ignorance when I see it. High cervical vertebral injuries are extremely serious as they could easily affect the cervical cord... If not handled properly and immediately, could render any individual quadriplegic, unable to swallow, urinate, defekate; or breath due to paralysis of diaphragm. Hence accident victims are frequently outfitted with a neck collar/brace before transport if ANY neck injury is suspected.

Even if Kevin chose to play for a national team from Mars, instead of SE, he deserves our sympathy and well wishes. Hope he recovers well and gets back to playing soon.
I trust the German health system will deal with it so Hangfire I guess he's lucky it didn't happen whilst playing for our Green White and Green after all the president of Nigeria would most likely chose to receive treatment in Germany himself!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI