NO ENYEAMA VS CAMEROUN.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NO ENYEAMA VS CAMEROUN.

Post by Gotti »

felarey wrote:We've been debating Enyeama's inclusion for a long time on here and it wasn't in context of a guy out with long term injury. At most the context has been his out of favour status with his club and his experience. Surely it can't be reasonable to be clamouring for a player with a torn ACL 3 months after he tore it.

Rufai chopped 9 goals in 4 matches, lets not mention the 2 he conceded in quick succession that was a sign of things to come in Amsterdam. He was on his way to Cuba in Havana slippers when he was called to the team by Bora. I believe the alternatives were Dosu or Ike if memory serves me right. Many blamed Rufai for the loss to Denmark and his stock would be much higher today but for that appearance at WC '98.

There is a tendency to default to the "safe" ready made option when the opportunity for creativity or innovation arises. Olamide, Whizkid etc. earned their place.
Nope, memory serves you wrong... :D
Dosu was nearly paralyzed in a 1997 accident and Rufai was called in only after Ike blew out his shoulder in a league game.

Btw, Baruwa let in 3 goals in 1 (pre-WC 1998 friendly) game against Yugoslavia...
While Ademola Bankole let in 3 goals in 1 half against Grasshoppers of Switzerland.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Felarey, Enyeama is coming back!

If God grants him good health, he will set records that will NEVER be broken.
Most capped Naijarian footballer.
The Naijarian to have gone to the most World Cup!

The best goalie we have ever produced...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:Felarey, Enyeama is coming back!

Oga Cellular; are you sure of that? Is your statement data proven or is based on observation (subjective)?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:

Oga Cellular; are you sure of that? Is your statement data proven or is based on observation (subjective)?
If you even have to ask that question, then your head no dey house! Like seriously, he's the best by a loooooooong mile!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Is this enthusiasm based on these 'retired but not tired' show off clips? :lol: He's doing stairs with post partum moms and lunchtime joggers, stretching on park benches with soft hands while Enrico Pionetti is hard at work, already firing salvos at Ezenwa, Akpeyi and co. The man is looking for a job right now, allow him to fend for himself first before taking on the weight of expectation of very demanding and unforgiving Nigerians. Doubt he can dive for a low shot as is without risking a relapse.

I don't believe he was better than Rufai was at his best. I think CE will give you a run for your money on that best goalie ever produced. Recall a thread here with Okala leading. Rather use bad belle to proclaim him as the best Nigerian player that didn't play for his country or the captain that abandoned ship, bolting out of camp.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I fully concur with you.
Pound for Pound, I am yet to see a Nigerian keeper (at his best) be any better than Rufai (and I am not talking about record appearances as they don't mean a darn thing in my book per skill level - case in point: Landon Donovan has 157 caps! - so what?)
Rufai is still numero uno in my book!
felarey wrote:

Is this enthusiasm based on these 'retired but not tired' show off clips? :lol: He's doing stairs with post partum moms and lunchtime joggers, stretching on park benches with soft hands while Enrico Pionetti hard at work, already firing salvos at Ezenwa, Akpeyi and co. The man is looking for a job right now, allow him to fend for himself first before taking on the weight of expectation of very demanding and unforgiving Nigerians. Doubt he can dive for a low shot as is without risking a relapse.

I don't believe he was better than Rufai was at his best. I think CE will give you a run for your money on that best goalie ever produced. Recall a thread here with Okala leading. Rather use bad belle to proclaim him as the best Nigerian player that didn't play for his country or the captain that abandoned ship, bolting out of camp.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Jealousy = bad belle.
Enyeama will man the post against cameRoon... :idea:
felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:Asabatex, the following are from Enyeama's twitter page (starting from July 13th through August 3rd). He certainly looks like he's on the way back. Wish him soonest recovery. And I accept your nomination for the Presidency. :D
Chief these are "I'm in the shop window" updates for potential suitors. Lille are determined to cut ties with him by month's end. He's doing stairs when his mates are vying for starting positions in mid season. You guys just want him to be used for convenience. Allow him to enjoy his retirement in the gym. It's not happening for him at he moment.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Too late, Uncle Obong ( newly appointed SAN... :D )gets the credit for Enyeama's return... :(

Last edited by asabatex on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

asabatex wrote:Jealousy = bad belle.
felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:Asabatex, the following are from Enyeama's twitter page (starting from July 13th through August 3rd). He certainly looks like he's on the way back. Wish him soonest recovery. And I accept your nomination for the Presidency. :D
Chief these are "I'm in the shop window" updates for potential suitors. Lille are determined to cut ties with him by month's end. He's doing stairs when his mates are vying for starting positions in mid season. You guys just want him to be used for convenience. Allow him to enjoy his retirement in the gym. It's not happening for him at he moment.
Imagine, poor jealous guy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
asabatex wrote:Jealousy = bad belle.
felarey wrote:
Imagine, poor jealous guy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Only in your heads, yabbis aside, I'm the one looking out for his interest here while you're looking for a quick fix for your obsession. If Vincent comes and is good, then he's just the good Vincent, if he makes mistakes (likely since he's off form, in rehab and not match fit), he goes from hero right to zero. He obviously has a lot to deal with at the moment and his head is too full to be focusing on the Cameroon game.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

felarey wrote:

Is this enthusiasm based on these 'retired but not tired' show off clips? :lol: He's doing stairs with post partum moms and lunchtime joggers, stretching on park benches with soft hands while Enrico Pionetti is hard at work, already firing salvos at Ezenwa, Akpeyi and co. The man is looking for a job right now, allow him to fend for himself first before taking on the weight of expectation of very demanding and unforgiving Nigerians. Doubt he can dive for a low shot as is without risking a relapse.

EnuguII did a comparison. I believe Enyeama goal against ratio is tops. And considering the defense he had to play with when compared with Rufai's... then you can also argue he faced more lethal strikers than Rufai in Africa.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:

EnuguII did a comparison. I believe Enyeama goal against ratio is tops. And considering the defense he had to play with when compared with Rufai's... then you can also argue he faced more lethal strikers than Rufai in Africa.
Enyeama had longevity so stats will favor him when using ratios. He might want to keep it that way since it's likely that comeback appearance by Rufai did him in. Enyeama hit top form in South Africa i.e. WC '10 and held it for 5 yrs. Sadly he didn't always show up for Nigeria in that time, he could have been pushing best not only in Nigeria but also in Africa and achieved much more.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:

Enyeama had longevity so stats will favor him when using ratios. He might want to keep it that way since it's likely that comeback appearance by Rufai did him in. Enyeama hit top form in South Africa i.e. WC '10 and held it for 5 yrs. Sadly he didn't always show up for Nigeria in that time, he could have been pushing best not only in Nigeria but also in Africa and achieved much more.
His longevity at the top is part of the reason why he's the GOAT. And Rufai was retired from footie Vince isn't and is better than what we have currently.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Enyeama sure has a sense for drama. Posted this picture on July 14th. Check out his caption!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

beaurriful.... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: came-ruin is in trouble
Obong wrote:Enyeama sure has a sense for drama. Posted this picture on July 14th. Check out his caption!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:

If you even have to ask that question, then your head no dey house! Like seriously, he's the best by a loooooooong mile!
Maceo4; so you mean Enyeama is the BEST goalkeeper Nigeria have ever had? Please Sir, any data (in comparison to other Nigerian keepers) to calm the skeptics such as me?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:

Maceo4; so you mean Enyeama is the BEST goalkeeper Nigeria have ever had? Please Sir, any data (in comparison to other Nigerian keepers) to calm the skeptics such as me?
Enugu II posted the data, he's been posting GOAT for every position, where you been?
Super Eagus 4 Life!