BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2017/2018 SEASON NEWS AND RUMOURS!

Post by Waffiman »

paj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
paj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Rumours of Barca wanting Hazard or Mbappe to replace Neymar.

Also, talk of Dembele of Dortmund.

A really messy 28 days left of the window.
:roll: ...and somehow U figured there's a remote chance we'd actually tank our season but even entertaining the mere thought eh? yeah..we know ..after destroying ya entire squad and coaching staff with that solo run last season U want him to disappear :rotf: :rotf: but not so fast bruh :taunt: :taunt:
Pa Jeremiah. Which one be your team sef? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
Fake News! :evil: :evil:
Yeah right! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Waffiman wrote:
paj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
paj wrote:

:roll: ...and somehow U figured there's a remote chance we'd actually tank our season but even entertaining the mere thought eh? yeah..we know ..after destroying ya entire squad and coaching staff with that solo run last season U want him to disappear :rotf: :rotf: but not so fast bruh :taunt: :taunt:
Pa Jeremiah. Which one be your team sef? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
#Witchhunt! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ROTC
Egg
Egg

Post by ROTC »

balo wrote:

I don't see anything beyond a manager disappointed with the result.
American Police: Under trained, Over armed and a threat to all of society
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
paj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
paj wrote:

Such an embarrassment of a human being you are.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

paj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
paj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
paj wrote:

Never ceases to amuse......
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am taking bets, Conte won't last past Christmas... .this one dimension coach let 17 players go , and still complains the squad is thin...pathetic. .he has lost to assnal 3 times in one year..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I am taking bets, Conte won't last past Christmas... .this one dimension coach let 17 players go , and still complains the squad is thin...pathetic. .he has lost to assnal 3 times in one year..smh
Was he the one who made the decision or the useless board? The same board who sanctioned Matic to ManU
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This conte is complaining about a thin squad, first off he let go 17 players in less than 12 months, then he spent 75 million on a bench striker from Spain, 40 million on a midfielder who is injured, 35 million on a defender who was AWOL vs assnal and then a back up goalie..

that gives you a total of 150 million spent, and the worst part , he keeps getting out coached due to his stubborn head of switching things, he can't win a game without 343, now the likes of City, united and that useless assnal have all adapted to the same formation..instead conte is going ga ga crying and sulkin g, what a fake coach

this clueless conte still has zero alternatives for the likes of Moses and Alonso, instead, he moves Moses to LWB ..pathertic
SuperEagles

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

ceejay22 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:I am taking bets, Conte won't last past Christmas... .this one dimension coach let 17 players go , and still complains the squad is thin...pathetic. .he has lost to assnal 3 times in one year..smh
Was he the one who made the decision or the useless board? The same board who sanctioned Matic to ManU

Question:

Why was Matic training alone? How hard would it be for Conte to insist he must join the preseason tour?

I think the board has its issues, but Conte is a problem too. He as coach has not shown much trust in the guys that left.

Personally, I am fine with Matic leaving. What I don't like was him being sold to Man U, and no replacement for him. Although we have Baka, but he wasn't ready to go.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

And Conte insisting on a very expensive Sandro is not sense-making. He should have gotten off that horse and found a replacement by now.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

balo wrote:And Conte insisting on a very expensive Sandro is not sense-making. He should have gotten off that horse and found a replacement by now.
can you imagine 75 million on a left back , who is like 27 ..Conte is a major problem.... the guy thinks Roman will just splash out money like we are in 2004

He let 17 players leave in one season
SuperEagles

ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

balo wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:

Question:

Why was Matic training alone? How hard would it be for Conte to insist he must join the preseason tour?

I think the board has its issues, but Conte is a problem too. He as coach has not shown much trust in the guys that left.

Personally, I am fine with Matic leaving. What I don't like was him being sold to Man U, and no replacement for him. Although we have Baka, but he wasn't ready to go.
My brother I was asking questions cos me sef I don confuse and tire. How can any reasonable person discard major members without replacements in place. That baffles me. It seems like there's an internal power tussle and battle going on. Even the players seemed a bit disjointed. I hope we don't have a repeat of 15/16.
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

I'm really angry that young solid players like And and Chalobah were allowed to leave. I'm not sure what Baka brings that Chalobah can't bring if given the chance. If Monaco didn't give Baka the chance we won't buy him for that much. Why loan out Zouma, RLC, Kalas who I think is an awesome defender. The whole thing doesn't make much sense. We could have used RLC in that midfield yesterday, same goes for Chalobah.
As for Matic, how come we couldn't use him as a bargaining chip to get Sandro from Juve?
So many things don't add up. I understand if Conte is fixed in his ways etc but having won the EPL his first season when no one else gave us a chance, the board should have done their bit in backing him up in buying the players he asked for promptly. It seems like the board is now setting him up so they can fire him.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

ceejay22 wrote:I'm really angry that young solid players like And and Chalobah were allowed to leave. I'm not sure what Baka brings that Chalobah can't bring if given the chance. If Monaco didn't give Baka the chance we won't buy him for that much. Why loan out Zouma, RLC, Kalas who I think is an awesome defender. The whole thing doesn't make much sense. We could have used RLC in that midfield yesterday, same goes for Chalobah.
As for Matic, how come we couldn't use him as a bargaining chip to get Sandro from Juve?
So many things don't add up. I understand if Conte is fixed in his ways etc but having won the EPL his first season when no one else gave us a chance, the board should have done their bit in backing him up in buying the players he asked for promptly. It seems like the board is now setting him up so they can fire him.

What I don't get is the need for the malaise. Would it be too much to ask being a champion, a stress-free transfer window, in order to be even better for the following season?

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

ceejay22 wrote:I'm really angry that young solid players like And and Chalobah were allowed to leave. I'm not sure what Baka brings that Chalobah can't bring if given the chance. If Monaco didn't give Baka the chance we won't buy him for that much. Why loan out Zouma, RLC, Kalas who I think is an awesome defender. The whole thing doesn't make much sense. We could have used RLC in that midfield yesterday, same goes for Chalobah.
Chief relax.. you just dey type gboa gboa. You have some legit disappointments but we have to put things in context.

Ake - sad CFC sold him for a handsome sum. But it was a premature decision as the club probably thought they will get Sandro. Rumor is that Juve refused to sell as they could not find a replacement. Club now looking silly letting Ake go. Moses/Azpi will have to rotate at LWB.

RLC - ehmm, bobo has shown nothing tangible to date with the 1st team opportunities given to him. Been disappointing given the hype. His biggest issue is that no one seems to know his best position. Hopefully, his loan move to CP can establish him in a set position and make his further development clearer.

Chalobah - wished he was kept. But story is that he wanted PT. Sorry bro, Bakayoko is miles better currently. Hope he comes good at Watford & CFC can but back. At what cost can CFC give him 20+ games to prove himself. Don't forget that he was usually the 1st name off the bench beginning of last season.

Kalas - Conte kept Christensen, arguably the better of the two given his successful laon spell in Germany.

Zouma - not a Conte type of defender as he sucks as a ball playing defender. But he could have been useful as a depth chart.

IMO - there was a plan for the summer but it has turn out to be a half baked one. Squad is thin especially in MF & FB positions.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:
Chief relax.. you just dey type gboa gboa. You have some legit disappointments but we have to put things in context.

Ake - sad CFC sold him for a handsome sum. But it was a premature decision as the club probably thought they will get Sandro. Rumor is that Juve refused to sell as they could not find a replacement. Club now looking silly letting Ake go. Moses/Azpi will have to rotate at LWB.

RLC - ehmm, bobo has shown nothing tangible to date with the 1st team opportunities given to him. Been disappointing given the hype. His biggest issue is that no one seems to know his best position. Hopefully, his loan move to CP can establish him in a set position and make his further development clearer.

Chalobah - wished he was kept. But story is that he wanted PT. Sorry bro, Bakayoko is miles better currently. Hope he comes good at Watford & CFC can but back. At what cost can CFC give him 20+ games to prove himself. Don't forget that he was usually the 1st name off the bench beginning of last season.

Kalas - Conte kept Christensen, arguably the better of the two given his successful laon spell in Germany.

Zouma - not a Conte type of defender as he sucks as a ball playing defender. But he could have been useful as a depth chart.

IMO - there was a plan for the summer but it has turn out to be a half baked one. Squad is thin especially in MF & FB positions.

How long before Christensen starts to ask to be let go? If rumors are true, Chelsea is seeking to spend 60+BP on VvD. Where will the PT for Christensen come from?

Does the team need another CD when there are more pressing needs? Or will Luiz get moved into the MF? I would doubt that.

ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

balo wrote:

What I don't get is the need for the malaise. Would it be too much to ask being a champion, a stress-free transfer window, in order to be even better for the following season?
I don't get it either my brother
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

analyzer wrote:

My brother if we had RLC on the bench yesterday, pls tell me he could have played worse thuan Fab did yesterday. How come the board couldn't move quickly on the identified targets. Look at how many targets we lost to other clubs. Somebody somewhere didn't do their job. It has been occurring a little too frequently too
Take the summer window last year, we ended up buying Luiz and Alonso late. Neither of the two were even among the original targets
Conte essentially performed a miracle last season. I'm hoping he can do so again this season. So no, I'm not just typing gboa gboa. These are all legitimate concerns.no matter what context u look at it from, there has been a systematic failure somewhere that makes it almost impossible for us to acquire our summer targets early enough so they can blend with the rest of the team on time.
If u remember when Jose won the title with us 2 seasons ago, we bought Costa and Fab very early before we started preseason. Before we kicked the first ball in the EPL, those two had so much understanding and we essentially ran away with the league. I hope you see where I'm coming from
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

analyzer wrote:

My brother if we had RLC on the bench yesterday, pls tell me he could have played worse thuan Fab did yesterday. How come the board couldn't move quickly on the identified targets. Look at how many targets we lost to other clubs. Somebody somewhere didn't do their job. It has been occurring a little too frequently too
Take the summer window last year, we ended up buying Luiz and Alonso late. Neither of the two were even among the original targets
Conte essentially performed a miracle last season. I'm hoping he can do so again this season. So no, I'm not just typing gboa gboa. These are all legitimate concerns.no matter what context u look at it from, there has been a systematic failure somewhere that makes it almost impossible for us to acquire our summer targets early enough so they can blend with the rest of the team on time.
If u remember when Jose won the title with us 2 seasons ago, we bought Costa and Fab very early before we started preseason. Before we kicked the first ball in the EPL, those two had so much understanding and we essentially ran away with the league. I hope you see where I'm coming from
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

analyzer wrote:

By the way I personally don't rate Christensen in a CFC shirt that highly. Have never seen him perform that great unlike Kalas who was quite impressive in 2014 against Liverpool at Anfield when Liverpool was flying high and it seemed like they were running away with the league until that game and Stevie G slipped. If u remember, Kalas played in the heart of defense due to suspension and injuries and the kid was phenomenal
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I will come here and state this, Moratta is a waste of Money. ( Costa is a billion times better than that useless ajebutter)
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

Toress Version 2.0
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles