Penalty style is useless

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: Penalty style is useless

Post by folem »

Coach wrote:By the time B have taken their fourth, A will have taken 3.
Yes.

The sequence look like this:

AB BA AB BA AB
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Coach wrote:By the time B have taken their fourth, A will have taken 3.
Actually, that's true.

I withdraw my opposition.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

balo wrote:
Coach wrote:It's believed there's an unfair advantage afforded the team going first with the latter constantly playing chase. ABBA supposedly levels that field. Irrespective of the timing of the kicks, one cannot legislate for the squander from 12 yards. Pathetic.

If this was to right a perceived wrong, then why not

ABBAAB?

Instead of letting one team take 4 shots, as opposed to the team supposedly going first, taking 2?
What are you talking about?
ABBA ABBA that is 4 shots each for the 2 teams....
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cito wrote:
balo wrote:
Coach wrote:It's believed there's an unfair advantage afforded the team going first with the latter constantly playing chase. ABBA supposedly levels that field. Irrespective of the timing of the kicks, one cannot legislate for the squander from 12 yards. Pathetic.

ABBAAB?

Instead of letting one team take 4 shots, as opposed to the team supposedly going first, taking 2?

Yeah. The penalties yesterday did me in. lol.

Totally forgot Morata existed. I stopped breathing at Courtois' PK skill.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

balo wrote:
Cito wrote:
balo wrote:

ABBAAB?

Yeah. The penalties yesterday did me in. lol.

Totally forgot Morata existed. I stopped breathing at Courtois' PK skill.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That is how Arsenal Fans feel most of the football season. It intensifies around January. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...what they need to look into and change is playing a man or more down. Penalize the offending player sent off with multiple games and some monetary fine depending on the gravity of the offense.
ABBA makes no difference, the onus of scoring and winning a pk shootout is on the players and goalies saving them.

I have figured out technique of saving a penalty.
When a player leans back to strike the ball, that means ball is going his right if a right footed taker, likewise a left footer.
But when the player's head is down and forward the ball is going to his left (across the body) likewise a left footer.
All this is a split second decision for the goalie to figure out, and decide where to dive to.
Just my take. Unfortunately I don't play anymore, I for practice am myself :biggrin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Shaking my head (smh)! Anyway, thx Oga Mcal, I will watch closely next time a penalty is played, perhaps you are correct
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

oloye wrote:
And when they discover that ABBA favors or is not a level playing ground what will they do again? Stupidity is on the rise in the world as idiots keep trying to ubravel nature and fate. There is a reason why they toss the coin and ask if the winner of the toss want to kick or defend first!
Its not stupidity, there's a reason why they changed it.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
oloye wrote:
And when they discover that ABBA favors or is not a level playing ground what will they do again? Stupidity is on the rise in the world as idiots keep trying to ubravel nature and fate. There is a reason why they toss the coin and ask if the winner of the toss want to kick or defend first!
You know there is a reason behind everything including stupidity?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
oloye wrote:
You know there is a reason behind everything including stupidity?
Stupidity is not the reason behind this change.

And what's all this talk about nature and fate? Dude, it's only penalty shoot outs, lighten up.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
mcal wrote:...what they need to look into and change is playing a man or more down. Penalize the offending player sent off with multiple games and some monetary fine depending on the gravity of the offense.
ABBA makes no difference, the onus of scoring and winning a pk shootout is on the players and goalies saving them.

I have figured out technique of saving a penalty.
When a player leans back to strike the ball, that means ball is going his right if a right footed taker, likewise a left footer.
But when the player's head is down and forward the ball is going to his left (across the body) likewise a left footer.
All this is a split second decision for the goalie to figure out, and decide where to dive to.
Just my take. Unfortunately I don't play anymore, I for practice am myself :biggrin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Shaking my head (smh)! Anyway, thx Oga Mcal, I will watch closely next time a penalty is played, perhaps you are correct
...kind of a secret but since I don't play or coach anymore why not throw it out there :biggrin:
But again na sharp sharp goalie with cat eyes and cat reflex see am better. :thumbs:
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

How about the team with more possession gets an extra penalty kick.

More possession means in the opponents half.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley