Uefa super cup Madrid 2 - Man U 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uefa super cup Madrid 2 - Man U 1

Post by green4life »

Kabalega wrote:ManU is clearly not at the same level as Real Madrid.
Thanks Captain Obvious. :thumb:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:The Big Fella did not get much on it...kaiiiii

Midgy are you on dial up :laugh:
watching on this Periscope thing...via twirrer

it's amazing

Rogers cable and satellite still too expensive for you :woot: :taunt:

Agbaya :mrgreen:
when you're at [WORK] and there are streaming restrictions

operative word is WORK
Can't use your phone?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I agree with everything Oloye has said on this thread. A game like this gives ammo to the Jose critiques. My guy yab today no be small. This game was crying for a bit more control from ManU. All we got was hopeless long balls against 2 of the better aerial defenders in the world. I wonder how he thought that was going to end.

Jose needs to evolve. This gra gra no be am.

The sad part is, even though it was pre season, the attacking line up and tactics he played against Madrid in the U.S was very efficient. He just couldn't help himself with a trophy at stake!

And then Lingard.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

green4life wrote:

:lol:

Skupe you wicked ohhh :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmm I'm just wondering if Pogba is not being used properly OR ahhhhh never mind :taunt: :D :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Metho scorpion wrote:
oloye wrote:How can you have Martial, Rashford, Mata vut choose to play a technically clueless Lingard..who does that?
...seriously, Muro is out of idea...no clue at all...
What do expect from an interpreter? :lol: It makes one wonder, why it took so long for my in-law, Oloye, to dissolve JOMOSA. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:Hmmm I'm just wondering if Pogba is not being used properly OR ahhhhh never mind :taunt: :D :D
They gave him all the freedom today....he still choose to live in bondage.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

As a CFC fan I feel so pleased with this result and also to see that ManU is just a bunch of gra gra individuals who won't necessarily do much $#% this season
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

ceejay22 wrote:As a CFC fan I feel so pleased with this result and also to see that ManU is just a bunch of gra gra individuals who won't necessarily do much $#% this season

I was praying they won so the board could feel the impact of their folly.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

This Madrid has won two Champions League finals in a row and also another two years earlier.

This is a very good team if not the current best in Europe, it has beaten strong teams in CL and made them look ordinary at times, so i wouldn't cry too much about how United performed against them, there is room for improvement if Mourinho works hard on it.
It's not the end of the world.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

anikulapo wrote:
green4life wrote:

Some facts still have to be "voiced out loud" to be believed.
You'd think that ManU narrowed the gap with all their summer spending.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
green4life wrote:

It doesn't happen at once, remember when this Madrid was splashing 200million in one window, it was quite a while back and it took time.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hmmm I'm just wondering if Pogba is not being used properly OR ahhhhh never mind :taunt: :D :D
They gave him all the freedom today....he still choose to live in bondage.

So are you saying that he is .... :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
green4life wrote:

It doesn't happen at once, remember when this Madrid was splashing 200million in one window, it was quite a while back and it took time.
Yeah! But, it's not like ManU was Wengering during that time. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote:
benteke wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
green4life wrote:

Yeah! But, it's not like ManU was Wengering during that time. :)
At that time Man U was approaching the end of an era, the last years of Ferguson.
The team itself was crying out for a major rebuilding job, but Ferguson was still coaxing it.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Uefa super cup Madrid 2 - Man U

Post by tfco »

txj wrote:The abject poverty of the EPL in full display.
yes o

Serie A reps did better by chopping only 4 goals

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

balo wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:As a CFC fan I feel so pleased with this result and also to see that ManU is just a bunch of gra gra individuals who won't necessarily do much $#% this season

Tufiakwa! We wish them failure :twisted:
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

benteke wrote:This Madrid has won two Champions League finals in a row and also another two years earlier.

This is a very good team if not the current best in Europe, it has beaten strong teams in CL and made them look ordinary at times, so i wouldn't cry too much about how United performed against them, there is room for improvement if Mourinho works hard on it.
It's not the end of the world.
Not many team will have Modric and Kroos, That Modric na one hell of a player........
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:ManU need to go get a proper right back. The two goals in this match was down to a winger pretending as a full back.
Give RM some credit. Notice the overload and how they worked the extra man into that space

RM just gave a tactical lesson on how to beat the defensive 3-4-3 of the EPL. But doing it without playing an attacking 3-4-3. Zidane played a Diamond 4-4-2 (some say narrow 4-3-3) cum 4-3-1-2 (which is effectively a reverse 3-4-2-1) hybrid. This offers inter changes leading to overloads in all the right places to take adv of the structural rigidity of Mourinho ultra defensive system.

Zidane's 4-4-2 diamond had Isco at the top or head of the diamond or the "false" winger. The wide striker is Benzema who alternates with Isco. This leaves two forwards to face 3 CBs instead of one. Ideally the wide forward has serious end product ala Cristiano Ronaldo. Arsenal have Sanchez.

The false winger (i.e. Isco/Asensio) can also tuck into CM and overload as a 4th Central Midfielder creating a 4v2 in Midfield. Mourinho was forced to beef up the CM position to counter this tactical ploy of RM.

Some say it is a "false" 10. Why? The movement is between the wing/wide positon and number 10 hole, with the freedom to drop deeper into midfield if needed. Arsenal do this with Ozil, but he can be lazy and is often exploited defensively. But I noted with keen interest, Wenger asked Iwobi to play this role in the Community Shield, he excelled in patches and had a good game. Hint for the future perhaps.

Basically, Neymar and Suarez used similar system in 14-15, with Messi tucking in as a 10 and they swept the Board. But Barca have a slight variation that makes them more fluid than most. They use Busquets as an auxiliary Centre Half to make a 3 at the back when needed.

Both ManU and RM's systems are highly structured and rigid, with the main difference being, Zidane has structure and rigidity as its foundation whilst Mourinho's is all structure and rigidity with hardly any freedom for the players to express themselves. The players are fitted in the straight jacket of the system's structure and rigidity which they must stick to at all times. The system relies heavily on the quality of the players when they get their chance, by mainly forcing mistakes from their opponent, and not on creative, open attacking play. Conte is similar to Mourinho in mindset.

But you must be fair to these guys. Their teams get the job done most of the time, they get the first goal, then you are in serious trouble. When you are forced to take risks looking for the equaliser, more often than not, they slaughter you, before you blink you are 4 goals down.

They are particularly effective against middle and lower ranked teams, who are dispatched with ruthless efficiency. More attacking systems and their teams are more prone to getting exposed against middle ranked teams than Conte and Mourinho like defensive systems.

For Mourinho, it is a military exercise with results being the end that justifies the means. But Zidane trust his players and allows them some freedom to play and express themselves within the system's rigid structure.

Unlike Arsenal players who get carried away in possession, then their structure/shape collapses, they lose the ball, they are picked off and they start blaming each other. RM under Zidane, with their so called superstars, who are mainly attacking players by instinct, maintain their structure/shape because they are disciplined with everyone including Ronaldo working very hard without the ball.

IMHO, football is all about the players, not Managers, systems, formations and tactics. It is one thing having all the systems, formations and tactics, but in the final analysis, you need the players with the ability, willingness, belief and character to implement on the pitch. Not trying to dismiss the importance of systems, formations and tactics, they are of course important but no systems, formations and tactic can win games and trophies without the right players.

True! It is fair to say Zidane would not have won if he had Lingard, Felaini etc etc. Also, easy to say Zidane is fortunate, he is at RM and has in each position, the best or top 5 players in each position in the game. Tony Adams made this point and to an extent, he is right, but we must forget you have to get these players to play, and many of the world's great Coaches often fail at RM because they were unable to convince the players into buying into their ideas. We must give credit where it is due. This is what Zidane, with his presence as an ex-player all time great, has instilled at RM. Who are those players compared to him? I bet he is still RM's best player in training.

RM are looking very good to dominate this season with Barca running out of time for players to replace Neymar.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:ManU need to go get a proper right back. The two goals in this match was down to a winger pretending as a full back.
Give RM some credit. Notice the overload and how they worked the extra man into that space

RM just gave a tactical lesson on how to beat the defensive 3-4-3 of the EPL. But doing it without playing an attacking 3-4-3. Zidane played a Diamond 4-4-2 (some say narrow 4-3-3) cum 4-3-1-2 (which is effectively a reverse 3-4-2-1) hybrid. This offers inter changes leading to overloads in all the right places to take adv of the structural rigidity of Mourinho ultra defensive system.

Zidane's 4-4-2 diamond had Isco at the top or head of the diamond or the "false" winger. The wide striker is Benzema who alternates with Isco. This leaves two forwards to face 3 CBs instead of one. Ideally the wide forward has serious end product ala Cristiano Ronaldo. Arsenal have Sanchez.

The false winger (i.e. Isco/Asensio) can also tuck into CM and overload as a 4th Central Midfielder creating a 4v2 in Midfield. Mourinho was forced to beef up the CM position to counter this tactical ploy of RM.

Some say it is a "false" 10. Why? The movement is between the wing/wide positon and number 10 hole, with the freedom to drop deeper into midfield if needed. Arsenal do this with Ozil, but he can be lazy and is often exploited defensively. But I noted with keen interest, Wenger asked Iwobi to play this role in the Community Shield, he excelled in patches and had a good game. Hint for the future perhaps.

Basically, Neymar and Suarez used similar system in 14-15, with Messi tucking in as a 10 and they swept the Board. But Barca have a slight variation that makes them more fluid than most. They use Busquets as an auxiliary Centre Half to make a 3 at the back when needed.

Both ManU and RM's systems are highly structured and rigid, with the main difference being, Zidane has structure and rigidity as its foundation whilst Mourinho's is all structure and rigidity with hardly any freedom for the players to express themselves. The players are fitted in the straight jacket of the system's structure and rigidity which they must stick to at all times. The system relies heavily on the quality of the players when they get their chance, by mainly forcing mistakes from their opponent, and not on creative, open attacking play. Conte is similar to Mourinho in mindset.

But you must be fair to these guys. Their teams get the job done most of the time, they get the first goal, then you are in serious trouble. When you are forced to take risks looking for the equaliser, more often than not, they slaughter you, before you blink you are 4 goals down.

They are particularly effective against middle and lower ranked teams, who are dispatched with ruthless efficiency. More attacking systems and their teams are more prone to getting exposed against middle ranked teams than Conte and Mourinho like defensive systems.

For Mourinho, it is a military exercise with results being the end that justifies the means. But Zidane trust his players and allows them some freedom to play and express themselves within the system's rigid structure.

Unlike Arsenal players who get carried away in possession, then their structure/shape collapses, they lose the ball, they are picked off and they start blaming each other. RM under Zidane, with their so called superstars, who are mainly attacking players by instinct, maintain their structure/shape because they are disciplined with everyone including Ronaldo working very hard without the ball.

IMHO, football is all about the players, not Managers, systems, formations and tactics. It is one thing having all the systems, formations and tactics, but in the final analysis, you need the players with the ability, willingness, belief and character to implement on the pitch. Not trying to dismiss the importance of systems, formations and tactics, they are of course important but no systems, formations and tactic can win games and trophies without the right players.

True! It is fair to say Zidane would not have won if he had Lingard, Felaini etc etc. Also, easy to say Zidane is fortunate, he is at RM and has in each position, the best or top 5 players in each position in the game. Tony Adams made this point and to an extent, he is right, but we must forget you have to get these players to play, and many of the world's great Coaches often fail at RM because they were unable to convince the players into buying into their ideas. We must give credit where it is due. This is what Zidane, with his presence as an ex-player all time great, has instilled at RM. Who are those players compared to him? I bet he is still RM's best player in training.

RM are looking very good to dominate this season with Barca running out of time for players to replace Neymar.
I am not taking anything away from RM, take a look at the two goals conceded by ManU....such ball watching is not even condoned at kinders level,never mind at this level. It is one thing when a player does what they should do and if they get beaten fair enough. When basic things are left un attended to they should be called.

As for the overall performance of ManU against RM, when a coward of a coach sets up his team to be dominated by the opposition simply because he wants to steal the trophy on the podium, such should be called out.

Any coach that has Rashford, Mata and Martial on the bench but opts to go for Lingard , clueless player and carpenters like Fellaini, such a coach has set his team up to look way way inferior to the opposition. It is not about RM, ManU looked inferior to Ajax as well, so this is not about the quality of the opposition,more like lack of quality from a team being coached by a coward and a wasteful manager...who got all the resources in the world to develop a ferrari, but chose to develop a 1945 Lada!

I apologise to all those who have labelled these clown anti football over the years, this guy is not only anti football...he is anti football talent as well. Rubbish!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I apologise to all those who have labelled these clown anti football over the years, this guy is not only anti football...he is anti football talent as well. Rubbish!

Cheiii Baba Oloye don vex ohhh :laugh: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by anikulapo on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

yall are funny we all know not many things can go toe-toe with Real/Barca.. however the EPL will outplay most other teams
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lager-back wrote:
balo wrote:

Tufiakwa! We wish them failure :twisted:

Sending Matic their way though!!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg