Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spurs 2017/2018 Season: Levy fortifying Team

Post by Prince »

kenmega wrote:
Prince wrote:Lovely game today but I still feel Spurs are a bit thin, I like Kane he is a single minded striker, Sissoko seems to lack confidence. Ali is good but needs to raise his game. Juventus hit the post a couple of times the Ghana boy is a good player. No way Dybala can replace Neymar. Higuain just too static but quality
Prince, how much did you buy your tickets? I was very disappointed with the turnout yesterday though the club had no say on the ticket pricing.
They reduced the price so it was 35 for me and 14 for the kids, I saw for 135
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: KWP will not start next week. Dier will play in that position most likely. Also IAG, are you still upset over preseason result? Last match, you called their performance disgraceful.
I won't lie that performance was damn awful but glad to see the lads redeemed themselves over the weekend. Going into the season I am still at a loss as to why MoPo has yet to sign anyone. We have a solid first team even with the injury to Trippier, the problem is always going to be who can back them up. Injuries are already piling up as the list shows:

1. Lamela
2. Rose
3. Trippier
4. N'Koudou
5. Son
6. Wanyama

We are already at bare bones even though the season has yet to start.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: KWP will not start next week. Dier will play in that position most likely. Also IAG, are you still upset over preseason result? Last match, you called their performance disgraceful.
I won't lie that performance was damn awful but glad to see the lads redeemed themselves over the weekend. Going into the season I am still at a loss as to why MoPo has yet to sign anyone. We have a solid first team even with the injury to Trippier, the problem is always going to be who can back them up. Injuries are already piling up as the list shows:

1. Lamela
2. Rose
3. Trippier
4. N'Koudou
5. Son
6. Wanyama

We are already at bare bones even though the season has yet to start.
Oga IAG no need to worry. There are very few players that can improve the first team and would want the wages Spurs are paying and any player we buy knows they are either coming to play second fiddle to someone else or seriously fight to get into the team.
Buying players with a lot if days left means you either pay the asking price to secure immediate transfer or you enter a bidding war. Wait close to deadline, if they need the cash they will sell. In any case, Levy is not going to be pushed into paying over the odds for a player, not soon after Sissoko.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

PaJimoh, I completely agree with your assertion. As there has been no news on Trippier hopefully his injury wasn't that bad and could return on Sunday.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Silly rumor talk has it that Chelsea is interested in Rose. They might as well bid for Eriksen too. Silly Conte.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Er Danny Rose don drop Hammer on TOTO ... bye bye Toto nice knowing you losers .... It's Over for you apes :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Silly rumor talk has it that Chelsea is interested in Rose. They might as well bid for Eriksen too. Silly Conte.

Like I told you guys in April, and Cristao was twerking and frothing at the mouth at the same time, Rose wants out. He wants to "move back north". thats his line.

Chelsea and United will bid for him. Levy has to sell, so as not to cause anger within the dressing room.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A club has asked Rose to crank up the pressure. And he is going to be poisonous like Walker. Will Poch and Levy be blackmailed into selling? I know Rose is ready for them. he started with the comments he made about Kane in May.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

It's a Goat and Baba Palm Wine Tapper no need to worry .... Kieran Gibbs is available from your friendly neighbors in North London :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ts-9983339

Also since the costs to una new stadium don double and una need to sell players we fit throw una Carl Jenko as an add on :taunt: :taunt: :D

MLK.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

A Spurs fan thinks it's a step down for Rose to go to Man U.

Someone done told him wrong.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

DANNY ROSE didn't pull any punches ohhhh :rotf:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... interview/

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

DANNY ROSE admits he is in awe of Manchester City and Chelsea’s squad strength — and has urged his Tottenham bosses to strike back in the transfer market.

The England left-back has singled out unsettled Everton ace Ross Barkley as one of the two or three top-class stars he believes Spurs should recruit.

As the blunt-speaking Yorkshireman put it: “I am not saying buy ten players, I’d love to see two or three — and not players you have to Google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ I mean well-known players.”

Spurs are the only Premier League side not to have bought during the summer window.

And while Rose does not want the club to lose their admirable reputation for promoting youth, he claims Mauricio Pochettino’s squad needs fresh blood.

Rose, Tottenham’s long-serving current player having joined ten years ago, said: “Under Harry Redknapp we signed Rafa van der Vaart. It was like, ‘Wow, how did he do that?’

“I mean signings like that are what we need — that’s just my opinion.

“There are three weeks to go until the window shuts and you look at Man City and think, ‘If the window shut now they would be happy with the business they have done’.

“Man United, more or less, are there — although I hear Mourinho may want one or two more players — but I am sure he’d be happy with his squad.

“As a Tottenham player I’d love to see more signings. It would lift me seeing a top player come through the door.

“I’ve seen a couple of players previously saying, ‘We don’t need a top signing or signings’. But I am sorry, I am not singing off the same hymn-sheet on that one.

“I think we do need one or two top signings to strengthen the squad. I’m just not buying the idea that we don’t need anyone.”

Rose watched Tottenham’s 3-0 pre-season loss to City in Nashville last month — and had a similar sensation to seeing his team’s 4-2 FA Cup semi-final defeat against Chelsea in April.

The injured defender, 27, said: “I know it was only pre-season but I watched the game against Man City and I was just in awe of City.

“They only had Kyle Walker, Danilo and the goalkeeper Ederson out of the players they’ve just bought.

“Speaking to some lads when they got back, they’re saying: ‘City are taking off £200million and then they are bringing on Aguero, Toure and Sane’. That just speaks volumes to me.

“Anyone who says we don’t need any signings, I’m not buying into that.

“As a starting 11 we have one of the best in the league, without a shadow of a doubt, but after that . . .

“We played Chelsea in the Cup semi — Costa, Hazard and Cahill didn’t play.

“After 60 minutes, Conte has brought on Fabregas, Hazard and Costa and they’ve changed the match.

“I thought to myself, ‘Could we ever afford to play against a top team and afford to have Harry Kane, Dele Alli and a top centre-back not playing?’

“No disrespect to anyone but I don’t think we could do that and Chelsea did that to us. They’re still in the game, they bring on Costa, Hazard and Fabregas and they won.

“I definitely feel we need to bolster the squad.

“Under Harry, there were two Premier League-class players for every position. We are finishing even higher under Mauricio but we don’t have that depth now.

“The standard of training when there’s that much quality is amazing. I have competition for my place but why shouldn’t everyone have competition for their places?

“Top-class competition where, if you have two average games, you might lose your place. I have that and I don’t see why anyone else shouldn’t.

“I want world-class players to come through the front door to make you fight for your place.”

Rose’s England team-mate Barkley, who is being allowed to leave Everton, has long been linked with Spurs.

And Rose said: “Mauricio is a world-class manager and I can only voice my opinion — as a Tottenham ‘fan’ for the last six months.

“But hearing Ross might be available, well, I have played with and against Ross and bringing him through the door, in itself, would be a huge boost.

“I’m a huge fan. In terms of physical stature, right and left foot and trying to get him off the ball, he’s like Mousa Dembele. If Ross wants to push on to the next level, Mauricio Pochettino is the best manager to do that — just look how many players he has got into the England squad.”

While Spurs have yet to recruit this summer, there has been one significant departure — Walker’s £50m switch to Pep Guardiola’s City.

Rose, who has known Walker for 17 years since their days in Yorkshire schoolboy football, revealed he advised Pochettino not to sell the right-back.

He said: “Kyle leaving has been a big blow to me because when I play I am going into battle and when I am playing against the top people, I look over to Kyle and I fully expect Kyle to get the better of anybody.

“He was, and is, the best right-back in the league and seeing him sold to a title favourite and rival was hard.

“I wouldn’t expect Daniel Levy to tell me how to play football — we get on really well and he runs the club brilliantly — so I am not going to tell him how to run his club.

“But I didn’t want to see Kyle sold. I wish him all the best and he deserves what he is earning. City will win a trophy this season and he deserves to be part of that.

“I knew Kyle may have been moving at the end of last season and I did voice my view. ‘Try to keep him, he’s the best, why would we sell him?’ — I said that to the manager.

“But I’ve seen the manager say he feels Tottenham had the best of him and if that is what he feels, I fully respect the judgement of the manager and Daniel Levy.

“We do have a perfect replacement in Kieran Trippier. His crossing ability is the best I have played with and, as a person, he is one of the nicest I’ve ever come across.

“He looks like he’ll be Tottenham’s No 1 right-back. He deserves it and can flourish.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:A Spurs fan thinks it's a step down for Rose to go to Man U.

Someone done told him wrong.
Its unbelievable. A step down to join the biggest club in the land :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as horrible as Man United are, they won 3 trophies! Spurs, in their best periods of their life finished 3rd and no trophy. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I told Cristao about this in April and he twerked like a road side ashawo! :lol: Rose was tapped up by Man United as early as February! What ever club he has agreed to sign with has told him to poison the air so badly that Levy will have no choice.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Rose has let so many fans down with this utterance. As far as I know there is no comeback from this and his place is now untenable. Having said that I agree in part with some of what he said. You can't be playing against players you are clearly better than in your position but earning almost half of what they do. It is not encouraging. Levy has gotten away with this far long enough and this I believe will be a game changer. Levy has to find a way to balance the books paying for the stadium while paying the players a wage that is in line with what their value commands.

Where I disagree with Rose on is acquiring big names. We don't need to. Harry Redknapp did that crap yet it didn't get us any closer to the title. Those players he brought in were over the hill and couldn't give us the best of their talent. What did Harry win with those players? Nada. Only 2 top 4 places. We won the Carling Cup with players we brought up from the academy and bought at relatively unknown stage. I am all for MoPo's method of getting them young and unknown so that they can fit into his philosophy. Kyle Walker was no longer a player that was dependable. His offensive threat were beginning to be less potent which was evident with his lack of goals and assists, while his defensive brain farts were costing the team goals unnecessarily. Selling Walker when we have Trippier was not bad business at the end of the day especially when Walker had asked and begged to be allowed to go.

In the end I won't be surprised if some of the players rally round Rose and not leave out to hang. He is surely expressing some of the thoughts that the players have been expressing in the locker room but too polite to say publicly. Rose has certainly opened a can of worms and now Levy has to deal with the mess.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Rose has let so many fans down with this utterance. As far as I know there is no comeback from this and his place is now untenable. Having said that I agree in part with some of what he said. You can't be playing against players you are clearly better than in your position but earning almost half of what they do. It is not encouraging. Levy has gotten away with this far long enough and this I believe will be a game changer. Levy has to find a way to balance the books paying for the stadium while paying the players a wage that is in line with what their value commands.

Where I disagree with Rose on is acquiring big names. We don't need to. Harry Redknapp did that crap yet it didn't get us any closer to the title. Those players he brought in were over the hill and couldn't give us the best of their talent. What did Harry win with those players? Nada. Only 2 top 4 places. We won the Carling Cup with players we brought up from the academy and bought at relatively unknown stage. I am all for MoPo's method of getting them young and unknown so that they can fit into his philosophy. Kyle Walker was no longer a player that was dependable. His offensive threat were beginning to be less potent which was evident with his lack of goals and assists, while his defensive brain farts were costing the team goals unnecessarily. Selling Walker when we have Trippier was not bad business at the end of the day especially when Walker had asked and begged to be allowed to go.

In the end I won't be surprised if some of the players rally round Rose and not leave out to hang. He is surely expressing some of the thoughts that the players have been expressing in the locker room but too polite to say publicly. Rose has certainly opened a can of worms and now Levy has to deal with the mess.
Bro, that is the plan. Rose was tapped up and he was asked to make this poisonous interview in order to make it impossible for him to remain. He literally said his teammates who are not in the first 11 are sh1ttt! He made the initial comments when he said Kane will leave, and it seemed no one said anything. So, he came back stronger this time. If Tottenham does not budge, he will be much more vitriolic!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Clearly Rose wants out and going by his utterances, he wants to go north which means Manchester (Possibly United). Chelsea needs a left wing back badly but levy will never sell to Chelsea even if he's down to his last kardo. It's only a matter of time. The chart showing that Spurs has spent ZERO pounds to date was quite damming in consideration with Rose concern that spending or lack thereof signifies a clubs level of ambition. It's obvious that the young man's beliefs are at odds with Spurs fiscal spending philosophy.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Rose has let so many fans down with this utterance. As far as I know there is no comeback from this and his place is now untenable. Having said that I agree in part with some of what he said. You can't be playing against players you are clearly better than in your position but earning almost half of what they do. It is not encouraging. Levy has gotten away with this far long enough and this I believe will be a game changer. Levy has to find a way to balance the books paying for the stadium while paying the players a wage that is in line with what their value commands.

How did Danny Rose become the player he is today? I am sure people referred to him as crap earlier. Levy is not to blamed in any way for Danny's comments. Rose has been very unprofessional with his comments. Walker and Rose are good players but they have the same agent. It would be interesting noting the relationship between Spurs and that particular agent.

It is painful and it hurts but life moves on. If Rose is sold, my loyalty is not to him but to the club. At the very cusp of the club building for the next phase - these two players have played their hands. I dont wish them well in their next ventures. The Tottenham way has been to partly focus on building talent in house - we have spent major monies on players.

What irritates me the most is that Danny has been injured for 7+ months - and he comes out and gives another interview. Well it will be interesting seeing how his fellow players relate with him...
“But I didn’t want to see Kyle sold. I wish him all the best and he deserves what he is earning. City will win a trophy this season and he deserves to be part of that.
People said so last season. What did City win?
“Under Harry, there were two Premier League-class players for every position. We are finishing even higher under Mauricio but we don’t have that depth now.

“The standard of training when there’s that much quality is amazing. I have competition for my place but why shouldn’t everyone have competition for their places? Everton midfielder Ross Barkley starts and finishes move off against West Ham

“Top-class competition where, if you have two average games, you might lose your place. I have that and I don’t see why anyone else shouldn’t.
Ermm, Danny - did you really think before you said the above?

In summary - going through the text. The bottom line is Danny wants more money!! All that balderdash about squad strength, transfers were just to disguise that. Poch made him who he is today and he has just gone to slap the guy. This is how many days to the start of the season as well. Way to go for team spirit. I guess next one to be tapped is Dier/Alli. I even have more respect now for Walker than Rose.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Make Una relax. Danny was injured most of last season and we didn't collapse. If he remains injured this season, we will carry on regardless. So, sold or injured, I'm not too bothered. I've seen better players leave Spurs and we are still here, so what's the fuss?

Rose, Walker and their agent had a plan and it's un effect. Rose was talking before Walker left and it's the same script, money with trophy as a disguise - "I know how much I'm worth" says it all. I have nothing against players wanting their worth. So now, the club has to do what is best for the club, sell him for the highest amount you can get, as a deterrent to other clubs, if you want our players then be ready to pay. Naymer going from Barcelona proves even the best cannot hold on to their best.
The second thing the club need to do is not sell to a rival, if it can be avoided.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:Make Una relax. Danny was injured most of last season and we didn't collapse. If he remains injured this season, we will carry on regardless. So, sold or injured, I'm not too bothered. I've seen better players leave Spurs and we are still here, so what's the fuss?

Rose, Walker and their agent had a plan and it's un effect. Rose was talking before Walker left and it's the same script, money with trophy as a disguise - "I know how much I'm worth" says it all. I have nothing against players wanting their worth. So now, the club has to do what is best for the club, sell him for the highest amount you can get, as a deterrent to other clubs, if you want our players then be ready to pay. Naymer going from Barcelona proves even the best cannot hold on to their best.
The second thing the club need to do is not sell to a rival, if it can be avoided.
Would prefer Levy pulling a Modric here. Dont sell him till next season.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Make Una relax. Danny was injured most of last season and we didn't collapse. If he remains injured this season, we will carry on regardless. So, sold or injured, I'm not too bothered. I've seen better players leave Spurs and we are still here, so what's the fuss?

Would prefer Levy pulling a Modric here. Dont sell him till next season.
Danny signed a new contract last year. He didn't know he was underpaid then? They don't have to sell him this year but if they feel the team is better without him then they will sell and replace him.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cristao II wrote:

How did Danny Rose become the player he is today? I am sure people referred to him as crap earlier. Levy is not to blamed in any way for Danny's comments. Rose has been very unprofessional with his comments. Walker and Rose are good players but they have the same agent. It would be interesting noting the relationship between Spurs and that particular agent.

It is painful and it hurts but life moves on. If Rose is sold, my loyalty is not to him but to the club. At the very cusp of the club building for the next phase - these two players have played their hands. I dont wish them well in their next ventures. The Tottenham way has been to partly focus on building talent in house - we have spent major monies on players.

What irritates me the most is that Danny has been injured for 7+ months - and he comes out and gives another interview. Well it will be interesting seeing how his fellow players relate with him...
People said so last season. What did City win?

“The standard of training when there’s that much quality is amazing. I have competition for my place but why shouldn’t everyone have competition for their places? Everton midfielder Ross Barkley starts and finishes move off against West Ham

Ermm, Danny - did you really think before you said the above?

In summary - going through the text. The bottom line is Danny wants more money!! All that balderdash about squad strength, transfers were just to disguise that. Poch made him who he is today and he has just gone to slap the guy. This is how many days to the start of the season as well. Way to go for team spirit. I guess next one to be tapped is Dier/Alli. I even have more respect now for Walker than Rose.

Why in the world would u wish another ill in their future endeavors? Would you like someone to wish you bad if you were leaving your current job for a better offer?

I'll be sad if LFC sold Coutinho, but I would never wish him bad....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp